BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:53:39 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Thanks for setting this up Tex! My little bit will go out in tomorrow morning's mail.
Do you need magazines? I can afford to part with a couple.
Hopefully enough cash will be collected to provide at least a case of ammo. Having a new rifle and no ammo for it is........UnAmerican!

certainly, if any of you guys would like to contribute via accessories that would be great also!  
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:01:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
with three checks still inbound in unknown amounts withstanding.................we are at 41% of needed funds

thanks again

WHOO-WOO!

Once payday comes this Friday, I'll see if I can send out some more.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:36:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
thanks guys!!!!!

arfcom isn't a website, its a family

I ferget, which one of us is the redheaded step-child that people ignore?

I thought I was the red headed punk not step-child

As stated in another thread, I'll be sending $50 in if a NYer picks up my Preban.

Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:53:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
thanks guys!!!!!

arfcom isn't a website, its a family

I ferget, which one of us is the redheaded step-child that people ignore?

I thought I was the red headed punk not step-child

As stated in another thread, I'll be sending $50 in if a NYer picks up my Preban.

I am sad to admit that I have upgraded you from "punk red-headed-stepchild" to merely "punk".  Provided things with you and the sweet child are going well and you have not slighted her.  

No actually things are great,

I even bought her a ring for her birthday
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 5:31:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I am working on Building a Bushmaster M4 type for a very close friend/adopted brother. But I am the proud type that can't ask for any help. He just got depolyed before the sunset and I want to build him one before he comes back and before there is a chance for another possible AWB. He will be gone for a year so I got some time to plan and build. It's the least I can do for someone who has been a big support thru all of my health issues, plus he's pretty much family and I think that anyone who is even remotely close to a soldier should get them a gift that they appreciate.  Thanks and support our troops and hug a paratrooper! Arvin
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:17:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Done

Go team!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 7:20:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Paypal sent!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:23:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

every little bit helps and is very much so appreciated!!!!!!!

Sent you some money via paypal, you whiney little bitch.

I better get a good photoshop-able photo out of this....
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 8:43:58 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

every little bit helps and is very much so appreciated!!!!!!!

Sent you some money via paypal, you whiney little bitch.

I better get a good photoshop-able photo out of this....

for all the damn photoshops of me you've ALREADY done you owed me anyway!!!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:03:26 AM EDT
[#11]
i have just returned from the post office.

allow me to take this time to say:

TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!

we have now met our goal and will be able to buy SSG. Jongema an AR to show our gratitude for his service and sacrifice.

if there is any money leftover from the purchase of the rifle it will be spent on accessories for the gun or perhaps even an ARFCOM membership for SSG. Jongema if he'd like that.  for anybody that would like to donate money for extras or send accessories for the gun that would be great.  however, like i said, we're now where we set off to be!!!!!!!

thanks arfcom!!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:11:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:32:28 AM EDT
[#14]
tag.  I want to see pics when he gets it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:42:23 AM EDT
[#15]
must..............show..................pics
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:12:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 12:14:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Glad to be a part of it....now this thread needs some PICS!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:29:48 PM EDT
[#18]
pics will be forthcoming as soon as possible.  

now the hill to get over is finding one of the damn things

my police supply guys at bhgunrack.com are out of them...................i may have to build him one.  then again, that depends on when he is released from the hospital and all that fun stuff.  

and another thanks to all you guys that made this happen, you don't know how much i appreciate yall

P.S.  if any FFLs out there have a line on a distributor with bushmaster M4s in stock please drop me a line
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:19:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Just read this either way more money on the way even if you have it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:23:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:24:32 AM EDT
[#21]
the AR15.com family is amazing. Tex what a great thing to do for one of our brave warriors....... God bless him and his family
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:09:52 AM EDT
[#22]
rifle is ordered!!!!!!!!!

it's on 2-4 week backorder straight from bushmaster but its going to be a bushmaster M4/A2 (6 pos collapsible/A2 upper receiver/14.5" M4 profile bbl with permanently attatched phantom flash suppressor)

after buying the gun we are left with $55.86 so i suppose i'm off to the EE to look for mag deals

thats as close as i can find a pic of it, it'll be exactly like that but with an A2 upper receiver instead of an A3
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:38:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Great News! Any word on how he is doing?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:29:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Tex, i'll donate more money if the funds won't allow him an A3 (if that was your original intentions).

Nice rifle nonetheless!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:22:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:24:48 PM EDT
[#26]
I think you should get it engraved "To a real American Hero, thank you and God Bless" and then his name
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:45:55 PM EDT
[#27]
i have an update, but 1st i have a question. if we were to get it ingraved on the mag well, wouldn't that trash the annodized coating? would that affect anything being down to bare alum? and who in south texas could do it and do it right?

update

my wife and i talked to SSG Jongema tonight on the phone for a while. he seemed to be in good spirits, and realizes that in time his body and soul will recover. his biggest regret at this point is the loss of his close buddies, and that he may not be well fast enough to rejoin his unit in time to do anything about it. i let him know that alot of people are pulling for him, and he said he had a printout of the thread about him that was a week or so old. he was very greatful for everyone here on the site for the kind words and prayers.

it seems that the cab which was carrying the bomb was blown close enough to the overpass they were on that it brought down a portion of the overpass. SSG Jongema was blown out of the gunners seat and about 60 feet though the air. everyone else in the vehical was not as lucky.

i really dont know anything else about his wounds, and i didnt want to keep him talking too long.
thanks all,
30CAL

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:27:01 PM EDT
[#28]
and a BTT for the engraving question
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:34:20 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I think you should get it engraved "To a real American Hero, thank you and God Bless" and then his name

Gold leaf it, too.

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:34:14 AM EDT
[#30]

+1....how much more for an A3?

oh wow, A2 is already ordered and im afraid reordering will only put us further on the backorder list but i've gotten fairly proficient at AR gunsmithing.................do we want to buy an A3 upper for it, swap them out and sell the A2???

we've got a little over $300 available for accessories that we could use...................

OR i built an M4 exactly like this one on an A3 upper that i have never even fired yet, maybe i'll just swap them when it gets here..................yall let me know, you're the ones that bought it
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#31]
i ordered an A2, i was billed for an A2................they sent me an A3!!!!  divine intervention???  

anyway, i'll call bushmaster and point out their mistake, but it looks like Jarrett is getting an A3 after all!!!  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:55:34 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
i ordered an A2, i was billed for an A2................they sent me an A3!!!!  divine intervention???  

anyway, i'll call bushmaster and point out their mistake, but it looks like Jarrett is getting an A3 after all!!!  

Outstanding!!!!!   Any updates on his condition Tex?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:56:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Hooah!

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:58:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Tell me someone from BM isn't reading this thread and grinning at their show of goodwill to the AR community.  

Divine (or other) intervention, indeed!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:06:51 PM EDT
[#35]
i havent gotten any updates on SSG. Jongema in about two weeks, which reminds me, i think i'll email his dad right now.............
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:08:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Tex: If you need any extra cash, please let us know.

Glad to hear SSG Jongema is getting the rifle, he sure as hell deserves it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:12:44 PM EDT
[#37]
hey tex, i talked to him last night.
he's had over 20 surgeries to date. he wants to stay in, and it looks like he will.

he's in great spirits. he wants to meet abunch of you guys. espeacially you tex.
thats about all i got for yall right now.

tex, give me a call on my cell after 730 my time, i got somthing to tell you.
30cal
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:26:19 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
he's had over 20 surgeries to date. he wants to stay in, and it looks like he will.

he's in great spirits. he wants to meet abunch of you guys. espeacially you tex.

30cal

will do brian.............how is his shoulder?  when i went shooting with your dad the other day he mentioned something about losing 25% of the muscle in his right shoulder but i just overheard it and don't know any of the details
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:28:35 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Tex: If you need any extra cash, please let us know.

Glad to hear SSG Jongema is getting the rifle, he sure as hell deserves it.

when bushmaster hears that they sent me an A3 instead of an A2 that'll eat $90 more out of the fund.  so at this point Jarrett has his rifle bought, enough for 1000 rounds of lake city and a couple of mags depending on what i can find them for.  right now it's all about how far yall want to go to accessorize it for him...............
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

30cal

Tell him, someone he doesn't know from ARFCOM wishes him well, and thanks for his service.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:29:49 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Tell me someone from BM isn't reading this thread and grinning at their show of goodwill to the AR community.  

DITTO MAN, DITTO!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:45:37 PM EDT
[#42]
tex, he can move it. control with the shoulder is an issue, but its expected to heal fine.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:49:13 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Roger that!  Good job, Bushmaster!!!

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:07:48 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

30cal

Tell him, someone he doesn't know from ARFCOM wishes him well, and thanks for his service.

+1
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 2:10:43 PM EDT
[#45]
TexRdNec,

Here's the VFW contact info I talked about. If you have a different Post you can look up their info at www.texasvfw.com

Sinton VFW Post #08625, 116 West Sinton Street, 361/364-1567

I'll get some money on the way.

VFW - Honoring the dead, by helping the living
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 3:03:08 PM EDT
[#46]
what kind of aceesories do you have for it so far?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:44:29 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
what kind of aceesories do you have for it so far?

thus far ammo and some mags...................im hoping to get him an optic, i solicited another $100 in donations for him tonight at a bbq so im thinking aimpoint at the least, trijicon at the optimal!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:22:36 AM EDT
[#48]
all donors please check in here:

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=283264

also, with the money left over do we want to buy ammo and mags or an optic (aimpoint)

we don't have the money for both as of right now...............
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top