BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 12:00:36 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I find it funny that so many dont think that was real.

It was very real, during the period of 1992-94 there was a new gun law being proposed nearly every month and most got attention, the Clintons were very much pro socalist and pushed  a very hard line during that time frame. Back then, like today they lost the elections in 94 big time but they got some nasty shit passed.

Times were not fun under Clinton.

Do we have actual proof this this is legit?

I'm not saying I don't believe it, just that I would want to see some kind of proof that this was real in order to have a real opinion on it. (other than MOLON LABE)

Several prominent congress critters openly talked about door to door confiscation in those days. AFAIK, HCI never denied this was theirs....  Now HCI was folded into the brandies, and there official stance is not so crazy.
Diane Feinstein among them, if she "only had the votes." And she has a concealed-carry permit. Fuck her.

Link Posted: 2/3/2011 12:00:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

i think i've been reading that same thing for 5 years now. at the end of the day, we are all quite literally living through a second amendment renaissance. if anything we are continuing to see the expansion of our rights while these anti groups whither. i'm not totally dismissing them, but they just don't have the membership, funding, congressional representation, or public support they had through the 80's and 90's.

the anti-gunners may be making a LOT of noise right now, but that's only because they know they can't pass anything.

Effectively, the banners are dead.  The second amendment foundation is about the size of the Brady campaign (In terms of budget).  There are a handful (as in less than 10) big doners that keep the bradies and the VPC afloat.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 12:05:37 PM EDT
[#3]
This thing is total bull shit. It first came out in the early 1990s. It was bull shit then and is bull shit now.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 12:07:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Ha ha ha ha ha ha . . . aaaaaaaaaaah . . . ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

Fuck them, and the horse they rode in on.

How many states now issue CCW permits?  How many now no longer require a permit?

That sporting purpose BS always pisses me off.  

I've never owned a gun for a sporting purpose unless they consider self defense a sport.

Again, fuck them.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 12:08:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was very real, during the period of 1992-94 there was a new gun law being proposed nearly every month and most got attention, the Clintons were very much pro socalist and pushed  a very hard line during that time frame. Back then, like today they lost the elections in 94 big time but they got some nasty shit passed.

I'm not saying I don't believe it, just that I would want to see some kind of proof that this was real in order to have a real opinion on it. (other than MOLON LABE)

Several prominent congress critters openly talked about door to door confiscation in those days. AFAIK, HCI never denied this was theirs....  Now HCI was folded into the brandies, and there official stance is not so crazy.
Diane Feinstein among them, if she "only had the votes." And she has a concealed-carry permit. Fuck her.

If I had it my way, politicians who engage in this type of hypocrisy would be run out on a rail....i.e. - you can never hold public office again, or have any other civil servant position in our government, career OVER.

Link Posted: 2/3/2011 12:08:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think if their ever were to be a 'civil' war it would be over gun rights. When they came to take your guns would you just let them? When they came to take my guns would you let them knowing you are next?

I have asked myself this about a thousand times, I don't know the answer.

It would come down to:  Stand your ground, die in the firefight, potentially kill a member of the US Military.

Or give up the goods, and be left powerless, and admit that the USA as a social experiment has utterly failed.

I would have a real problem taking the life of a member of our armed forces, I don't know if I could do that.

I'm just not at all sure what I would do, but if the choice is life without guns, or die with your guns, I would probably choose to live, and then get the hell out of this country.

If the US military came to take our guns they would no longer be operating as the US military. More of army of a rouge government and no friend of mine. I served and would not follow those orders.

Blood would be shed, that is the truth. History is a powerful reminder of what can happen when people close their eyes to the world.

Bullets first and all...
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 12:09:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I had it my way, politicians who engage in this type of hypocrisy would be run out on a rail....i.e. - you can never hold public office again, or have any other civil servant position in our government, career OVER.

You should know how I feel. She's one of my senators.

Link Posted: 2/3/2011 12:12:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think Illinois may be worse than CA...but its a close race and we would need instant replay to decide.

I can have 30rd mags, but IL is one of only two states with absolutely ZERO form of CCW, and a total handgun ban in the Chicago area.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 12:13:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
This thing is total bull shit. It first came out in the early 1990s. It was bull shit then and is bull shit now.

If you click the link it's an internal memo from 93.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 12:13:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good luck with that garbage.

Handguns and "military-style" weapons are more popular than ever. Ask grandma about her AK.

Militaria? They seriously think combat boots and pouches cause crime? There are more tactical gear companies than ever before. This has been good for our soldiers, and good for our civilian shooting world. Would owning a sewing machine be constructive possession?

Bunch of idiots.

these people don't care about crime. These are the type of people who want you defensless so they can take you away in the night when you speak out against the government as government builds their equal poverty utopia.  Even if it takes millions of innocent dead these are the type of people who will justify it to build their utopia.

Yep..............commies through and through.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 12:15:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think if their ever were to be a 'civil' war it would be over gun rights. When they came to take your guns would you just let them? When they came to take my guns would you let them knowing you are next?

It would come down to:  Stand your ground, die in the firefight, potentially kill a member of the US Military.

Or give up the goods, and be left powerless, and admit that the USA as a social experiment has utterly failed.

I would have a real problem taking the life of a member of our armed forces, I don't know if I could do that.

I'm just not at all sure what I would do, but if the choice is life without guns, or die with your guns, I would probably choose to live, and then get the hell out of this country.

If the US military came to take our guns they would no longer be operating as the US military. More of army of a rouge government and no friend of mine. I served and would not follow those orders.

Blood would be shed, that is the truth. History is a powerful reminder of what can happen when people close their eyes to the world.

Bullets first and all...

As a reservist I'd call in to RIDT or do a courtesy drill at the local USAF reserve unit.

Everyone knows they don't do squat, anyways
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 12:25:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullets first and all...

You sure about that?

Posse comitatus gets suspended, martial law gets declared and Obama says "Hand them over"....the US military follows orders....I suspect they would indeed be the US military.

I mean...I know that many soldiers would object on principal, but at the end of the day, I'm betting they will follow orders.

But I hear what you are saying.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 12:31:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bullets first and all...

You sure about that?

Posse comitatus gets suspended, martial law gets declared and Obama says "Hand them over"....the US military follows orders....I suspect they would indeed be the US military.

I mean...I know that many soldiers would object on principal, but at the end of the day, I'm betting they will follow orders.

I think that what he is saying is that they swore an oath to uphold the Constitution, and that if they break that oath, they should longer be recognized as having legitimate authority, or the ability to call themselves members of the US military.

Link Posted: 2/3/2011 12:33:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullets first and all...

You sure about that?

I think that what he is saying is that they swore an oath to uphold the Constitution, and that if they break that oath, they should longer be recognized as having legitimate authority, or the ability to call themselves members of the US military.

Agreed on principal.

I'm curious how many ARFCOM military or former military members would risk a court martial to stand down against a direct order to confiscate guns.

I hope it would be all of them, but I wouldn't presume to know.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 12:42:21 PM EDT
[#15]
My favorite was for a range to operate, they had to have the signature of every property owner in a seven-mile radius.

so area= Pix7^2 = 49 pi or...

Every property owner over 153.9 square miles.  HA!
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 12:49:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullets first and all...

You sure about that?

Agreed on principal.

I'm curious how many ARFCOM military or former military members would risk a court martial to stand down against a direct order to confiscate guns.

I hope it would be all of them, but I wouldn't presume to know.

Exactly, I took that oath, I still believe in it more now then when I served.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Legal Point 2:
Suing Gun Organizations under the RICO (Racketeer Influenced, Corrupt Organization) statute:

It would be expected that gun groups and lobbying groups such as the NRA would encourage noncompliance. Thus nationally recognized groups will be technically "organizing to break the law." Once this can be proven, these groups will be vulnerable to lawsuits based on the RICO statute and drained of the financial resources through repeated legal action.

NRA should be able to sue brady for this after heller/McDonald
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 1:00:41 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I hate to wish harm on anybody, but wouldn't it be funny if one of these assholes was beaten w/ say, a cane?  Or a baseball bat?  Or a frying pan?  Or a broom/vacuum?  Just to make the point that I can fuck up your day w/ any one of about 10,000,000 inanimate objects.

CVN
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 1:05:04 PM EDT
[#19]
STRICTER GUIDELINES FOR VIOLENCE IN TELEVISION AND THE MOVIES

We should look at the possibility of victims of violence by copying an act on television and the movie or video screen, suing the makers of such shows for compensation to their suffering. If the industry cannot regulate itself, we may have to eventually look at an independent branch of government to determine which scenes cause more harm than good to the public and regulate the numbers of violent acts portrayed.

Here that libtards?  They want to go after stuff you like too.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 1:06:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think Illinois may be worse than CA...but its a close race and we would need instant replay to decide.

I can have 30rd mags, but IL is one of only two states with absolutely ZERO form of CCW, and a total handgun ban in the Chicago area.

I guess you guys have it slightly worse. I'll trade "hi-cap" mags for the ability to carry. Even better if I already had some of the old mags.

Link Posted: 2/3/2011 1:08:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good luck with that garbage.

Handguns and "military-style" weapons are more popular than ever. Ask grandma about her AK.

Militaria? They seriously think combat boots and pouches cause crime? There are more tactical gear companies than ever before. This has been good for our soldiers, and good for our civilian shooting world. Would owning a sewing machine be constructive possession?

Bunch of idiots.

these people don't care about crime. These are the type of people who want you defensless so they can take you away in the night when you speak out against the government as government builds their equal poverty utopia.  Even if it takes millions of innocent dead these are the type of people who will justify it to build their utopia.

Couldn't have said it better myself Bra, in the end its all about control...
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 1:17:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And go where?   I have also asked myself this and have always come to the same conclusion. The Police and Military have sworn to uphold the US Constitution.  I've got no beef with either but they took an oath. Its show time!!

Link Posted: 2/3/2011 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Is this true or not?
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 2:09:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And go where?   I have also asked myself this and have always come to the same conclusion. The Police and Military have sworn to uphold the US Constitution.  I've got no beef with either but they took an oath. Its show time!!

I am not saying it's an easy answer but look at history... when they come and nobody does anything then their will be nobody left to do anything...

If that day comes we are the next Nazi dictatorship...

If we don't fall the way of the USSR first.... print more money, piss off more states...
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 2:18:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Arsenal license... ROFL

Yea, right. Good thing most of us lost our guns in a tragic boating accident.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 2:19:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Fuck, no. If real life was like that list I'd imagine everything else would have gone down the shitter along with it and there'd be nothing left to do but fight to get things back to the way they used to be.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 2:21:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullets first and all...

You sure about that?

A federal judge in the 9th circuit (of all places) a couple of years ago wrote this:

The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those
exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have
failed—where the government refuses to stand for reelection
and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the
courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees.
However improbable these contingencies may seem today,
facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make
only once.

Sums everything up for me.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 2:22:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Since the late 1980's, Britain has banned everything from machine pistols (yes, 3rnd burst-fire was legal. The Beretta 93R was rather popular), to single-shot .22LR target pistols. It was mainly done during the late 80's in a splurge similar to the AWB in some ways, but it of course didn't stop there, despite that amendment banning a massive selection of items.

You can't have a happy medium with these people over handguns or anything else. Add another couple of shootings down the line and it starts all over again with a fresh demand: less capacity, longer barrels, smaller calibres, etc. Compromise will not get you anywhere; I say don't bother.

There wasn't much of an option here when it came to stopping new regulations. Firearms ownership pales into comparison with America, and it's all disorganised and cliquey. When the pistol ban rolled around, we even had James Bond (Sean Connery) against us, not to mention most of the media, the general public, etc.

Was it genuinely worth it for crime reduction? No. Handgun crime has increased a fair bit, people are shot with semi/fully auto AKs occasionally, or it simply involves the humble kitchen knife. Absolute waste of time.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 2:23:15 PM EDT
[#29]
<––––––runs to buy body armor, incase someone trys to rob my house
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 2:24:02 PM EDT
[#30]
What a bunch of nut jobs!
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 2:30:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Is this true or not?

Internal memo from 93. Not a recent document.

Think of it this way-all that stuff is the hopes and dreams of Sugarman et al. Hopes and dreams that the pro-rights side beat down like baby seals. Delicious, profitable baby seals. Now, 17 some odd years later, ARs are the fastest growing segment of the market, most states have shall issue concealed carry, 3 states have Constitutional carry, 30 round mags are 10 bucks a pop, and the Brady Bunch is an atrophied, pathetic husk of what they hoped to be.

Fuck you, Sarah Brady, fuck you Feinstein, fuck you, Pelosi, fuck you, Sugarman, and most of all, fuck you, Obama. Clinton had 8 years and a budget surplus and his and his cunt wife's hopes for a gun-free America lie bleeding on the rocks.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 2:32:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Hard to find a definitive source on the five year to say true or false. I'd think it's mostly true, if only as a non stated goal of the banners.
Found this while trying to find info on it. Long read, very long read. Some excerpts here but you'll need to click the link. Probably most informative for the younger crowd who weren't of age at the time.
For the  NRA haters, you'll find they knew when they couldn't stop it they worked to water it down.
It was liberal hell during those years.

Here
Fordham Urban Law Journal
22 (1995): 417
Posted for Educational use only. The printed edition remains canonical. For citational use please visit the local law library or obtain a back issue.

THE BATTLE OVER THE BRADY BILL AND THE FUTURE OF GUN CONTROL ADVOCACY
By Richard M. Aborn *

Copyright © 1995 Fordham University School of Law & Richard M. Aborn
*snip*

Congress finally limited handgun purchases on November 30, 1993, when President Clinton signed the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act (the Brady Bill) [12] into law. [13] This law requires that up to five business days pass between the time an individual seeks [begin pg. 419] to buy a handgun and the time that the purchase transpires. During those five days, local law enforcement officials must conduct a "reasonable background check" of the applicant. [14] Given the ever-escalating state of handgun violence in this country, one would think that the Brady Bill, a reasonable and mild step toward the control of such violence, would have very quickly passed through Congress and been signed into law. This sequence of events, however, did not occur. Although the measure was immensely popular in the polls, an arduous political struggle ensued before Congress finally passed it.

*snip*

The battle over the Brady Bill was a long and torturous struggle from its introduction in 1987, to its final passage on November 24, 1993.
*snip*

Two Ohio Democrats, Representative Edward F. Feighan and Senator Howard M. Metzenbaum, introduced the Brady Bill for the first time in the 100th Congress on February 4, 1987. [15] As originally structured, the Bill required a seven-day waiting period between the time a person applies for a handgun and the time the sale may be consummated.

*snip*

Representative Feighan and Senator Metzenbaum reintroduced the Brady measure in the 101st Congress, on January 4, 1989.

*snip*

In May, 1993, the Center to Prevent Handgun Violence, the research, legal advocacy and education affiliate of Handgun Control, submitted a memorandum to the Clinton Administration outlining a number of regulatory steps that could be taken by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms to reduce gun violence pursuant to [begin pg. 429] the Bureau's broad regulatory authority. [67] Two of these proposals were put into effect by Presidential Directive on August 11, 1993, in a White House ceremony. The first Directive extended the ban on the importation of semi-automatic assault rifles, which had been signed by President Bush in March, 1989, to include semi-automatic pistols, such as the UZI. [68] The second Presidential Directive required that applications for federal licenses to sell guns be accompanied by a fingerprint check and a photo identification. [69]

Secretary of the Treasury Lloyd Bentsen put into effect on March 1, 1994, a third proposal of the Center to Prevent Handgun Violence. On that date, Bentsen announced that the Department of the Treasury had reclassified combat shotguns, such as the Street-sweeper, [70] Striker-12 and USAS-12, [71] as "destructive devices" under the National Firearms Act, thereby restricting future sales of those weapons.

*snip*

Richard M. Aborn has been involved with the gun violence issue since 1979. From 1979 -1984 he served in the Manhattan District Attorney's Office, where he investigated and prosecuted homicide and large scale gun distribution cases. Upon leaving the government, Mr. Aborn began serving as a volunteer for Handgun Control, Inc., and in 1988 was elected to the Board of Trustees of Handgun Control by the organization's national membership. He was elected president of Handgun Control in June of 1992. The author wishes to thank the staffs of Handgun Control, Inc., and the Center to Prevent Handgun Violence for their assistance in the preparation of this Essay, especially the help of Robin Terry.

Read the rest at the link.

Link Posted: 2/3/2011 2:36:51 PM EDT
[#33]
30. BANNING OF MILITARY REENACTMENTS
The questionable "historical" value of these events has escaped the public scrutiny for too long. Many of these so called historical events are mere excuses for gun nuts to blast the countryside with automatic weapons. What is to keep them from loading live bullets and having those stray bullets kill innocent children? What lives in the future will be lost due to this paramilitary training going on right under our noses? We propose the prohibition of survivalist/paramilitary, World War I and World War II and Civil War Reenactments on federal land, and hope to encourage the states to prohibit them from state and county lands as well.

The crazy is strong with this one.........................    
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 2:43:57 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm rather embarassed and slightly sickened that so many of these ideas are explicitly borrowed from or inspired by laws in my nation.  I can only apologize and remind you all that your RKBA was in fact taken from prevailing United Kingdom laws of the time, the only difference being that your nation's founders took the prudent step of codifying it and embedding it in the constitution.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 2:44:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 2:45:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm rather embarassed and slightly sickened that so many of these ideas are explicitly borrowed from or inspired by laws in my nation.  I can only apologize and remind you all that your RKBA was in fact taken from prevailing United Kingdom laws of the time, the only difference being that your nation's founders took the prudent step of codifying it and embedding it in the constitution.

When people bitch about the NRA, they would do well to remember what happened to you guys, without a strong national gun rights org.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 2:47:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Yeah well, fuck them.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 2:47:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
STRICTER GUIDELINES FOR VIOLENCE IN TELEVISION AND THE MOVIES

We should look at the possibility of victims of violence by copying an act on television and the movie or video screen, suing the makers of such shows for compensation to their suffering. If the industry cannot regulate itself, we may have to eventually look at an independent branch of government to determine which scenes cause more harm than good to the public and regulate the numbers of violent acts portrayed.

Here that libtards?  They want to go after stuff you like too.

And here's the SHOCKING disconnect with reality.

31. MAKING UNLAWFUL THE ASSEMBLY OF MORE THAN FOUR ARMED INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE NOT PEACE OFFICERS OR MILITARY
Since most hunting parties consist of four, we recognize the need to eliminate the currently legal assembly of shooters for paramilitary training on private lands. This is just one good suggestion for our elimination of the "gun culture" from the mainstream.

Never mind the violation of the right to assemble and the crazy Orwellian overtones-  they thought making guns go away will make Hollywood stop making violent movies!

As if the entire industry is kept afloat by violent gun-owners, and once the guns are gone progressives will finally be free to go to movies without worrying they're going to see guns and violence glorified.  

I'm actually unsettled.  We need to push through some mental health legislation.

Link Posted: 2/3/2011 2:49:18 PM EDT
[#39]
YEAH!  Let's weaken ourselves and take a steaming dump on the constitution so we can be weak and servile like a third world nation and have no control over tyranny!  (Not hating on the Brits or European allies, they have their shit together fairly well)

That article made me want to puke, fuck the brady bunch.  They should go to an African country unarmed and see how peaceful and fun it is being completely helpless in the face of roaming kill squads and militants, they would wise up real quick.

Link Posted: 2/3/2011 3:04:03 PM EDT
[#40]
what a crock of shit....

whatever intestinal shit-weasels that came up with that "plan" should move the fuck out of our country and live in England....

oh, and good luck getting any of that passed, you fuck-wads
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 3:11:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Actually, talking about the NRA is amusing because you actually mean "The NRA of the USA", as opposed to the NRA (UK). ;¬)

Not a lot of people, even in the UK, realize that we have such an organization and it's far less activist, unfortunately.  In essence, though, its aims are similar but it lacks the leverage of the US 2A.

The laws we enacted here were ridiculous, I won't go into details because it's not worth the bother but suffice to say I remember both of the tragedies that led to the effective outlawing of firearms and whilst they were obviously horrific they didn't justify the response.  The 'handgun ban' especially was a huge overreaction and I say that as a Scot who was deeply touched by what happened at Dunblane.

British laws of the time were more than adequate to the task, had they been properly enforced and the only better formulation required was for the capricious granting of licences to end - Hungerford happened because the shooter in question knew his senior police officers well and receieved 'the nod' from the Chief Constable, even though he had a history of serious mental illness and local officers raised concerns.

Anyway, I shall be a resident of Texas by the end of the year and intend to pursue citizenship as soon as I become eligible (3 years).  If the USA does start to go the way some fear (unlikely in my opinion but we cannot see the future) I will be among the first to resist, I am afraid, since I came here precisely to be more free.

Edit to add NRA Charter and schedule (1890)
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 3:26:55 PM EDT
[#42]
One more failed, brokendown activist plan on the tall ash-heap of failed, brokedown activist plans.

Link Posted: 2/3/2011 4:34:41 PM EDT
[#43]
This reads more like a plan to usher in a police state and take over the American countryside than anything else.

"We'd have to redo the constitution, redo tort law, change the way the government works, and randomly search everybody all the time to make sure they comply with their masters."
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 4:40:30 PM EDT
[#44]
We should make one of these (except Pro-2A), and scare the living shit out of them with it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 4:42:16 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

How's this for a trade.  You can ban all clips under 6 rounds, but we'll be able to buy automatic weapons.  Good?  Ok, sign here.  Right now.

No.  I know you're thinking you're clever with the clips and mag debate, but THEY DEFINE THE LANGUAGE.  NOT YOU.  NOT ME.

A clip will be defined as "A detactable ammunition feeding device that can hold more than 6 rounds.."   They will MAKE a clip mean a MAG.

And you, thinking you are clever, will have fucked us all.

Link Posted: 2/3/2011 5:07:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Umm, for someone nitpicking about language you certainly missed that he was banning them containing under six.  Still, wind up, release, watch 'em go, eh? *eye roll*
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 5:41:19 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is this true or not?

Internal memo from 93. Not a recent document.

Think of it this way-all that stuff is the hopes and dreams of Sugarman et al. Hopes and dreams that the pro-rights side beat down like baby seals. Delicious, profitable baby seals. Now, 17 some odd years later, ARs are the fastest growing segment of the market, most states have shall issue concealed carry, 3 states have Constitutional carry, 30 round mags are 10 bucks a pop, and the Brady Bunch is an atrophied, pathetic husk of what they hoped to be.

Fuck you, Sarah Brady, fuck you Feinstein, fuck you, Pelosi, fuck you, Sugarman, and most of all, fuck you, Obama. Clinton had 8 years and a budget surplus and his and his cunt wife's hopes for a gun-free America lie bleeding on the rocks.

That was beautiful, I think I will read it over and over again, thanks.

Link Posted: 2/3/2011 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#48]
I remember these statements from the early-mid 90's.  Only the Republican groundswell in 1994 stopped it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 6:11:05 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is hard to say what I would do but my wife told me that if they ever do start kicking doors in on gun owners to confiscate she supports whatever decision I make and will take the kid to my moms if I decide I want to fight.

Link Posted: 2/3/2011 6:19:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Racist pricks.

You know where Saturday Night Special comes from? The phrase Saturday Nigger Town Night, a racist derogatory term that describes a drunken rage of black folks partying on Saturday. And Saturday Nigger Town Night Special was the name for small cheap pistols supposedly used to commit crimes on the weekend.

It got cropped to be PC down to Saturday Night Special. Next time an anti gunner uses that term call them the fuck out on it.

Banning cheap guns is just a way of keeping poor folks from having guns and protecting themselves, and a majority of poor folks are of color.

Fuck the VPC and their racist bullshit. They can all go burn in hell with the Klu Klux Klan and all the other 88 mother fuckers.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top