Link Posted: 4/11/2008 5:06:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
scribble.com/uwi/br/brfaq/pris.jpg

Basic pleasure model Pris owns page 3!

good one
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I think this one is from 1970s Bionic Woman.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Ever seen what Japanese sex dolls look like? It won't be long until they start putting robots inside them.

*sigh* If only they didn't cost thousands of dollars...
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 5:23:21 PM EDT
[#6]
C'mon, we already have USB dildoes and highly realistic Jap sex dolls with vibrating snappers and digital voiceboxes.
There is all kinds of machine sex on the internet. (you'd be looking for "fucking machines" in your Google search)
I've seen a Honda robot that walks and plays Moon River on the trumpet.

There will be a convergence soon.
We will have walking, talking Fuckbots for sale within the next twenty years, or less.
Probably less.

Mark my words.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 5:25:12 PM EDT
[#7]
SKYNET!
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 5:25:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll take a boomer please...

Link Posted: 4/11/2008 5:26:10 PM EDT
[#9]
c'mon. really? any of you? really think that a robot is hot?

for Gods sake, you would really put your dick into a fake pussy, just because it looks "good"?

this place is more pathetic than I thought
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 5:27:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
for Gods sake, you would really put your dick into a fake pussy, just because it looks "good"?

Don't bash it till you've tried it.

Link Posted: 4/11/2008 5:30:03 PM EDT
[#11]
you guys kil me
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 5:33:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't bash it till you've tried it.

I don't know about stickin' it...
but if I could get a couple of naked sexbots to get me coffee and rub my back...
Well,  I'd be pretty happy.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll take the Glau model please, then she can fulfill both my termintor and firefly fantasies

oh and if the island of Japan wishes to procure my baby making faculties I'd be happy to work on a commison basis for them, my son is proof that my boys can swim (rigth through birth control pills even!) and I'd be interested to see what a japanese chicks pie looks like without all that pixelation
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 5:37:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Wonder what sort of rifle-cleaning attachments she comes with.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#15]
TAG!
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 5:51:36 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The Japanese are strange people.

They're faced with an impending population crisis and an aging populace.
Normal nations would just make more babies.

The Japanese are trying to make robots.  

Shit, this has been a fantasy of theirs for decades.

Re: Chobits, Angelic Layer, Steel Angel Kurumi, Ghost in the Shell, and a shitload of other anime shows that feature robotic characters but don't focus on them as the main plot.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 5:54:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Japan is also very anti-immigration and xenophobic, I remember reading about how Japanese hospital patients would rather face a ROBOT nurse than a Filipina nurse. Just because she isn't a JAPANESE.

Link Posted: 4/11/2008 6:00:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Japan is also very anti-immigration and xenophobic, I remember reading about how Japanese hospital patients would rather face a ROBOT nurse than a Filipina nurse. Just because she isn't a JAPANESE.

but when I demand a japanese nurse all I hear is "you're not attracted to the real me anymore"
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 6:04:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Japan Seeks Robotic Help in Caring for the Aged

By James Brooke, the New York Times

March 5, 2004

MACHIDA, Japan- With an electronic whir, the machine released a dollop of "peach body shampoo," a kind of body wash. Then, as the cleansing bubbling action kicked in, Toshiko Shibahara, 89, settled back to enjoy the wash and soak cycle of her nursing home's new human washing machine.

"The temperature is just right — the bubbles are really comfortable," she said, happily sealed up to her neck inside the Sanyo Electric Company's latest elder care product. Turning to an attendant hovering around the pink, clamshell-shaped "assisted-care bath," she asked, "May I have a bit more water, please?"

Futuristic images of elderly Japanese going through rinse and dry cycles in rows of washing machines may evoke chills. But they also point to where the world's most rapidly aging nation is heading.

This spring Japanese companies plan to start marketing a "robot suit," a motorized, battery-operated pair of pants designed to help the aged and infirm move around on their own. Then there is the Wakamaru, a mobile, three-foot-high speaking robot equipped with two camera eyes. It is used largely by working people to keep an eye on their elderly parents at home.

These devices and others in the works will push Japanese sales of domestic robots to $14 billion in 2010 and $40 billion in 2025 from nearly $4 billion currently, according to the Japan Robot Association.

Leaders of the Philippines and Thailand, two countries that are negotiating free trade pacts with Japan, suggest a different route: granting work visas to tens of thousands of foreign nurses. But that is unlikely in a nation that last year granted asylum to only 10 refugees and in the last decade has issued about 50,000 work visas a year — a fraction of the 640,000 immigrants a year that demographers say are necessary to prevent Japan's population from shrinking.

Building on such xenophobia, Japan's nurses' unions successfully lobbied lawmakers of the governing Liberal Democratic Party in late February to block the admission of foreign doctors and nurses.

Caught between Japan's high labor costs and anti-immigrant sentiment, some mainstream politicians have even suggested exporting some of Japan's elderly to Thailand and the Philippines, but that has never won much popular support.

So even though the human washing machine retails for almost $50,000, enough to pay a year's wages for two Filipino nurses, robotic home care may lie in the future for Japan's aging millions. Fueling the demand is the decision by the government to push for home care for the elderly.

Nursing homes are not seen as a financially viable option in a society where the portion of people aged 65 or over is forecast to soar to 36 percent in 2050, from 19 percent today. By that time there may be only one worker for every retiree.

But Japanese women increasingly rebel against traditional expectations that they will stay home to care for aged relatives, creating an ever-larger pool of elderly people in need of care. "There are 600 would-be residents on the waiting list here," said Yukiko Sato, general manager of the Katsura-ryo nursing home here, which has only 80 residents.

A year ago Katsura-ryo became one of the first 100 pioneer companies in Japan to buy Sanyo's new washing machine for people.

"Residents say it is really good because they warm their whole body, they can take the bath on their own, they can protect their privacy," Ms. Sato said. "As for the staff, it means less burden on their backs. Also, they can save time, because the whole procedure can be done in a very short time."

To operate the washer, the user sits in a chair that is rolled backward into place. The sides of the machine then close like a clamshell, forming an instant tub with the person's head sticking out the top. Shampooing and drying is done by hand.

At a Sanyo office in Tokyo, Hiroaki Otsubo, a general director for biomedical business development, noted that the washing machine had been developed by Mitsuru Haruyama, a businessman crippled by muscular dystrophy.

"Some people in the industry say Japanese people are not able to accept a robot as a nurse, that they attach importance to the humanity aspect," Mr. Otsubo said. "So we are stuck in the middle between efficiency and nursing with a human touch. But if you pay attention to the humanity side, you obviously need labor power."

But several elderly women living in Katsura-ryo said they rather enjoyed their robotic baths.

"It automatically washes my body, so I am quite happy about it," said Kuni Kikuchi, an 88-year-old in a wheelchair who is paralyzed on her left side after a stroke. "These bubbles are good for the massage effect."

Eiko Suzuki, 73, generally agreed, saying: "I like both ways. But it is a machine and it hasn't got a heart. So once they set the program they can't change it midway."

Ms. Shibahara, whom the nursing home chose to demonstrate the washing machine, said: "With this `hirb' you don't get a chill. You feel always warm."

On the front of each machine Sanyo stamps "HIRB," short for harmony in roll-lo bathing, because people are rolled in. But for older Americans it might evoke memories of another effort to humanize a machine — the Disney movie about "Herbie," the Volkswagen "love bug" with feelings.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 6:05:05 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll take a model 6 if they ever become avalible

Link Posted: 4/11/2008 6:15:01 PM EDT
[#21]
I Love My Computer, featuring Chobits.

Chobits is a rather cutesy anime where the majority of computers are anthropomorphic. Laptops are largely replaced by small robots that resemble dolls, miniature people, or cartoon characters. Desktop computers are replaced by robots resembling full-sized people. The advantage being, they're self-portable and have enough AI to keep you company, do chores, help with assignments, etc. It's somewhat perverted (if you haven't figured out where Chii's power switch is after watching the video, you're completely oblivious), but mostly retains an innocent, cutesy air.

I lost interest in it about halfway through, but apparently it does raise a few concerns about what happens when semi-self-aware AI becomes so common that people use them to replace normal human relationships (you think you spend a lot of time with your computer now? Try having your computer modeled to look like your idea of the perfect woman, intelligent enough to have a conversation with you, you can take her everywhere, and she unquestioningly does whatever you ask.). In the series, this becomes a major issue as more and more people become anti-social and lose their ability to interact with people because they prefer to spend all their time with their "perfect" computers.

Chii, the main AI (persocom, in the series; short for personal computer) has her power switch installed in her pie. A power switch that reformats her when it gets pushed, meanwhile she effectively "dies" and you have to start all over again in regards to her memory and personality. Hideki, her owner, is a pervert, a virgin, and a hopeless nerd all in one. Basically, over the series, he becomes attached to Chii and their relationship grows over time. Eventually, he actually falls in love with her as a "person" and not as an object, which was the entire point of making it impossible to sex her up. No commentary is made as to how Hideki is now part of the problem (people preferring to spend time with robots instead of real people) since his odds of ever touching a real girl were essentially zero anyway.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 7:18:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Spenserjb1216/GracePark.jpg

I would sell all (but one) of my AR's just to kiss Boomers box
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 7:50:05 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably taste like LIQUID WRENCH®.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 8:00:22 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You'd get a little shock like when you put your tongue on a 9-volt battery.
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 11:32:15 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You'd get a little shock like when you put your tongue on a 9-volt battery.

Best line Flight of the Concord's The Humans Are Dead: "Come on sucker, lick my battery!"
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 11:35:43 AM EDT
[#26]

Link Posted: 4/12/2008 12:06:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 12:26:41 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

One consequence of deaths exceeding births is that in Japan dolls have replaced children.
ETA:

Yumel doll www.wordpress.tokyotimes.org/?p=461

What a freaking idiot for blaming dolls.  Then again I give a better example as to why the birth rate is so low, yet this article has to be all christian like and blame it on dolls instead of the obvious...

The word "consequence" means "result", not cause.  The dolls are a result of the people not having children, as they feel the lack of children and try to compensate.  The dolls are not said to be what makes it happen, but what results from it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 12:31:50 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Once sex bots become cheaper then dating the human race will become extinct.

That's a fact.

Hmmmm, put up with constant complaints and nagging or have a robot that looks,feels, smells...real do your every bidding?  Yeah, that's a tough call.

Link Posted: 4/12/2008 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I'll take a model 6 if they ever become avalible

farm1.static.flickr.com/156/435887392_d9ebf84b16.jpg

+1000000

Bet she'd have dinner ready every night on time and would never complain once how much I spent on ammo or firearms.
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 8:47:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Honda robot conducts Detroit Symphony to warm response
By DEE-ANN DURBIN, AP Auto Writer
Wed May 14, 7:51 AM ET

DETROIT - The lights dimmed, the sold-out hall grew hushed and out walked the conductor — shiny, white and 4 feet, 3 inches tall.

ASIMO, a robot designed by Honda Motor Co., met its latest challenge Tuesday evening: Conducting the Detroit Symphony in a performance of "The Impossible Dream" from "Man of La Mancha."

"Hello, everyone," ASIMO said to the audience in a childlike voice, then waved to the orchestra.

As it conducted, it perfectly mimicked the actions of a conductor, nodding its head at various sections and gesturing with one or both hands. ASIMO took a final bow to enthusiastic shouts from the audience.

"It is absolutely thrilling to perform with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra. This is a magnificent concert hall," ASIMO said.

Later, cellist Yo-Yo Ma joined ASIMO onstage to receive an award for his efforts in music education. Ma bent to ASIMO's height and shook the robot's hand. Ma performed later on the program but didn't take questions from the media about ASIMO.

Honda spokeswoman Alicia Jones said it was the first time ASIMO has conducted an orchestra, and it may be the first time any robot has conducted a live performance. ASIMO stands for Advanced Step in Innovative Mobility.

ASIMO has its limits. ASIMO's engineers programmed the robot to mimic Charles Burke, the Detroit Symphony's education director, as he conducted the piece in front of a pianist about six months ago. But it can't respond to the musicians.

During the first rehearsal, the orchestra lost its place when ASIMO began to slow the tempo, something a human conductor would have sensed and corrected, said bassist Larry Hutchinson.

"It's not a communicative device. It simply is programmed to do a sense of gestures," said Leonard Slatkin, the orchestra's musical director. "If the orchestra decides to go faster, there's nothing the robot can do about it. Hopefully, I keep that under control."

But several musicians also said ASIMO was more realistic than they expected.

"The movements are still a little stiff, but very humanlike, much more fluid than I thought," Hutchinson said.

Honda has been developing walking robots since 1986. The latest version of ASIMO debuted last year. Honda eventually intends its robots to be companions for the elderly and others in need, such as schoolchildren navigating crosswalks. ASIMO can run, walk on uneven slopes and respond to simple voice commands. It can also recognize faces with its camera eyes.

Honda brought the robot to Detroit to highlight its recent $1 million gift to the orchestra for a music education fund.

Link Posted: 5/14/2008 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd209/MarthaStewart67/hotrobot.jpg

Robots seen doing work of 3.5 million in Japan

TOKYO (Reuters) - Robots could fill the jobs of 3.5 million people in graying Japan by 2025, a thinktank says, helping to avert worker shortages as the country's population shrinks.

Japan faces a 16 percent slide in the size of its workforce by 2030 while the number of elderly will mushroom, the government estimates, raising worries about who will do the work in a country unused to, and unwilling to contemplate, large-scale immigration.

The thinktank, the Machine Industry Memorial Foundation, says robots could help fill the gaps, ranging from microsized capsules that detect lesions to high-tech vacuum cleaners.

Rather than each robot replacing one person, the foundation said in a report that robots could make time for people to focus on more important things.

Japan could save 2.1 trillion yen ($21 billion) of elderly insurance payments in 2025 by using robots that monitor the health of older people, so they don't have to rely on human nursing care, the foundation said in its report.

Caregivers would save more than an hour a day if robots helped look after children, older people and did some housework, it added. Robotic duties could include reading books out loud or helping bathe the elderly.

"Seniors are pushing back their retirement until they are 65 years old, day care centers are being built so that more women can work during the day, and there is a move to increase the quota of foreign laborers. But none of these can beat the shrinking workforce," said Takao Kobayashi, who worked on the study.

"Robots are important because they could help in some ways to alleviate such shortage of the labor force."

The current fertility rate is 1.3 babies per woman, far below the level needed to maintain the population, while the government estimates that 40 percent of the population will be over 65 by 2055, raising concerns about who will look after the graying population.

Kobayashi said changes was still needed for robots to make a big impact on the workforce.

"There's the expensive price tag, the functions of the robots still need to improve, and then there are the mindsets of people," he said.

"People need to have the will to use the robots."

(Reporting by Yoko Kubota; Editing by Rodney Joyce)

Those are like those actroids like a Disneyland( Abraham Lincoln & George Washington robot things).I don't think they walk do they, I would soooo hit it BTW.
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
De took r job!!

DEY TOOOK AR YOBS!!!

Alright errrbody, back in the pile!
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 10:12:25 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
De took r job!!

DEY TOOOK AR YOBS!!!

Alright errrbody, back in the pile!

Yah!! lets awl git gayuh!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 10:27:45 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Quoted:
.... robot stuff......

Those are like those actroids like a Disneyland( Abraham Lincoln & George Washington robot things).I don't think they walk do they, I would soooo hit it BTW.

You would do it with Abe and George?????   SAD!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top