Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/16/2004 9:29:52 PM EDT
[#1]
BTW where and what camp is that?
Link Posted: 11/16/2004 9:35:17 PM EDT
[#2]
The vehicle is sitting on Summerall near Bayji. The incident took place south of here.
Link Posted: 11/16/2004 9:46:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Tango,

Here's a pic of one of our HMMVW's after hitting an IED. I was in the HMMVW directly behind this one when the IED hit. I literally saw the HMMVW come off the ground and land appx 30 feet off the roadway into a ditch. Sadly, the passenger was KIA and we took 4 additional WIA (2 critical) as a result. Crater analysis indicated it was a pressure detonated 155 mm shell buried in the roadway. The blast was just inboard of the front tire on the passenger side......The damage to this vehicle was far less than yours. That's what prompted me to ask whether it was a mine. I have close-ups but their a tad too graphic to post....

Be safe out there, bro!!!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top