Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 1:13:59 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I think the problem is that people have been put off by 13yr Old wanabees talking like they know it all and it turns out all they know is Airsoft and computer games.

Exactally, thanks for saying that so I wouldn't have to... Airsoft/paintball are great hobbies/sprots that promote exersize... I'm all about physical fitness, so if you can have fun while doing it, whats the harm?  A few of those dudes in the pic clearly need to play more.

I agree with one thing, I'd go buy a good used Bushy before I spent 800.00 bucks on a freeking 300 FPS air gun, then go to the gym for the afore mentioned exersize. h=85%

Quoted:
When it boils down to it, this site is for guns that shoot real bullets, not yellow plastic ones.

Thats probabally why this was posted in General Discussion.

~Crp
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 1:15:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
teamstrikers.com/web/images/ramrod-roster.jpgteamstrikers.com/web/images/punisher-roster.jpg
teamstrikers.com/web/images/pliskin-roster.jpgteamstrikers.com/web/images/hardlock-roster.jpg

I hate to say it, but it looks like the only thing the Punisher is going to be punishing is the little pope (and that only until his Mom gets home for work).

Holy shit!

I bet 'Ramrod' loves to get ram-rodded by 'Hardlock' while 'Pliskin' watches.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 1:36:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know much about airsoft, but paintball is really fun.  I just started paintballing and it's nice to shoot at people who are shooting back instead of always shooting at a paper target.  I see it a sport, no different than a game of football or basketball, and I just wear blue jeans and a t-shirt, though.  None of that lightfighter bullshit for me.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 1:36:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I tried getting into airsoft... But I never bought anything besides spring pistols or minis... Why?

TOO FUCKING EXPENSIVE!

Jesus, you can buy an AK-47 airsoft gun for about $400... IT COSTS MORE THAN A FUCKING SAR-1!!! WHY?!!!

If airsoft guns were less money, I'd certainly buy one... But, for christ's sake, when a PLASTIC BODY gun costs more than the real metal counter-part...

Well, honestly, it's absurd.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 1:41:32 PM EDT
[#5]
You've got a few guys here that got pissed off at the influx of pre-pubes rambling on and on and on and on about Airsoft.
Then you've got the "me too" crowd (which is at least 75% of the folks that post here) joining in.

For the record I have never "played" paintball or airsoft, and don't own any equipment for either one.  I just don't understand why so many folks here get so wound up about it.  So some guys run around the woods shooting each other, who cares?  And considering how infrequently MANY of the members here get to a real range, it's pretty sad that they have to bag on people that actually do leave the house from time to time.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 1:45:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

$800?!?!?

I must have missed those, my soft air pistol cost $20.

Spring. Pistols. Suck. Cock.

Some upgraded AEG airsoft guns can START at $650... Let's not forget the charger, batteries... Looking at $720, EASY.

Just a test, here:

How much do you think this costs? (Answer: About $1,100... Yes, you saw that right)

How much do you think this costs? (Answer: About $85)

The difference is, the first is an all metal body (frankly, all airsofts should be all metal IMO) and is an AEG - full auto, none of that cocking shit.

The second, a plastic toy that might last you 3-4 months (if that) and must be cocked after each shot. SEALs, FAST, Rangers actually use the first airsoft rifle in training.

Link Posted: 8/11/2004 1:49:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
SEALs, FAST, Rangers actually use the first airsoft rifle in training.

Source?
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 1:50:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Because real guns and Airsoft is like the difference between fucking and masturbating.

Now that was damn funny! One of the best posts I've seen in awhile.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 1:52:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Source?

http://www.military.cz/ranger/English/indexen.html

Yes, it's on the official Czech military server, so don't bother with shouting "FAKE!"
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 1:55:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Source?

Yes, it's on the official Czech military server, so don't bother with shouting "FAKE!"

These are guys pretending to be Rangers, using airsoft, and this is your proof that SEALs train with airsoft?
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 1:55:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Complete BS! I would love to see you prove that statement.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 1:56:38 PM EDT
[#12]
FYI, the top image is of an airsoft gun that was specifically built by Systema as a training rifle.  I believe it was tuned to about 550fps or thereabouts, but the internals were capable of handling much higher velocities if it was tuned differantly.

The price of higher quality guns is insane though.  I own an conversion kit to change a standard M4A1 over to a very solid ZM LR-300.  Price of the kit (which still requires the gutted internals of the M4) was about $850.

If I hadn't been an absolute lunatic for the LR-300 I never would have bought it.

As to people using real Surefire/Eotech/GGG/ARMS/whatever on an airsoft gun...well, you won't catch me crying over retailers getting money for product.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 1:58:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
 These things are cool.

I don't have any, but I agree.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 1:59:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Source?

WOW! The Czechs have an official military server...

domain:       military.cz
descr:       Schlesinger
descr:       Boskovice
admin-c:       RSCHLESINGER-CZ
tech-c:       RSCHLESINGER-CZ
nserver:       ns.boskowan.com ns2.boskowan.com sns.mtw.cz

role:       Robert Schlesinger
address:       Nìmèice 175
address:       Nìmèice
address:       679 51
address:       The Czech Republic
admin-c:       RSCHLESINGER
tech-c:       RSCHLESINGER
bill-c:       RSCHLESINGER
nic-hdl:       RSCHLESINGER-CZ
e-mail:       [email protected]

person:       Robert Schlesinger
address:       Nìmèice 175
address:       Nìmèice
address:       679 51
address:       The Czech Republic
nic-hdl:       RSCHLESINGER
e-mail:       [email protected]

Total 3 records
%%REFERRAL END

Robert Schlesinger must be the official military registrar.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 2:04:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Hell, I"m GLAD the airsofters are around.

Takes the ranting away from us paintball guys.

But then again, the *majority* of the paintball crowd doesn't run around trying to play a real-life version of 'rainbow six'.  We tend to stick to things like capture the flag.

Oh, and we don't care how "accurate" a copy of a real weapon the paintguns are.  They're ment to throw paint, not pretend to be something they're not.

Now, paintball is just plain ghey....

Link Posted: 8/11/2004 2:04:47 PM EDT
[#16]
www.military.cz/ranger/English/indexen.html

History of A Company 3/75th Ranger Regiment (Czech Airsoft Team)
At the beginning it is necessary to say that our unit follows the real activities in accordance with U.S. Army Rangers, adapt those activities and supplement them with Airsoft. It means that all fighting is performed only with Airsoft guns. However all other tactics without guns is performed in a way of the real Rangers.

Let's hope they never try to invade!
I take back every bad thing I've ever written about Xtreme Airsofterz!

Link Posted: 8/11/2004 2:39:50 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But then again, the *majority* of the paintball crowd doesn't run around trying to play a real-life version of 'rainbow six'.  We tend to stick to things like capture the flag.

Oh, and we don't care how "accurate" a copy of a real weapon the paintguns are.  They're ment to throw paint, not pretend to be something they're not.

I thought so too until I tried it.  It's lots of fun.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 2:58:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Source?

These are guys pretending to be Rangers, using airsoft, and this is your proof that SEALs train with airsoft?

Now Norman...he asked you nicely to to shout "FAKE"

LOL

SGtar15
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 3:24:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Airsoft & Paintball have their place...

However, to compare it to real shooting is like comparing blackpowder long range to NRA hi-power.

Two totally different activites that DO NOT relate any further than that they involve launching a projectile down a barrel at a target.

The distaste for airsoft on the board comes from the 'Airsoft Ninjas', who treat playing airsoft like going to war...

Some of us  tend to bag on the real-firearms 'Mall Ninjas' too (you know the type, the guy who straps on a full infantryman's loadout, complete with ruck & IBA look-alike vest, just to go plink at a gravel pit...
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 3:38:06 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But at least we don't run around playing 'uber tactical spec-ops mall-ninja' (TM).   Most people just wear jeans and t-shirts (sweatshirts or layered sweatshirts if they're pussies).

I'll be the first to say that paintball markers have some of the gayest names though.
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

$800?!?!?

I must have missed those, my soft air pistol cost $20.

Spring. Pistols. Suck. Cock.

Some upgraded AEG airsoft guns can START at $650... Let's not forget the charger, batteries... Looking at $720, EASY.

Just a test, here:

img.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/product/img/SYS-M16A3-L.jpg
How much do you think this costs? (Answer: About $1,100... Yes, you saw that right)

img.redwolfairsoft.com/upload/product/img/TM-M16A1-SPR-L.jpg
How much do you think this costs? (Answer: About $85)

The difference is, the first is an all metal body (frankly, all airsofts should be all metal IMO) and is an AEG - full auto, none of that cocking shit.

The second, a plastic toy that might last you 3-4 months (if that) and must be cocked after each shot. SEALs, FAST, Rangers actually use the first airsoft rifle in training.

You're a racist AND an airsofter?

God will have his little joke, huh?
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 3:45:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/11/2004 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 3:00:51 AM EDT
[#25]
I think I get it now.  People are just mad they can't bump fire the spring guns.  

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 3:24:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Tagged
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 3:27:56 AM EDT
[#27]
its the kiddies that ramble on and on and on about it.
that and trying to find info on a gun on google and you get a ton of airsoft sites.

personly I dont care for it but hey if its your think whatever.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 12:09:22 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
trying to find info on a gun on google and you get a ton of airsoft sites.

Now thats the truth.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 12:10:09 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
trying to find info on a gun on google and you get a ton of airsoft sites.

Now thats the truth.

And this posted twice, why?
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 6:09:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Wilson Combat licensed Airsoft reproduction by Western Arms Co., LTD.

http://www.wilsoncombat.com/info_westernarms.htm

CO2 powered for $250 when converting from Yen.  The slide even recoils!  Tell me you can get a Wilson Combat for $250.

Link Posted: 8/12/2004 6:17:46 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Wilson Combat licensed Airsoft reproduction by Western Arms Co., LTD.

www.wilsoncombat.com/images/westernarms/wa_cqb.jpg

http://www.wilsoncombat.com/info_westernarms.htm

CO2 powered for $250 when converting from Yen.  The slide even recoils!  Tell me you can get a Wilson Combat for $250.

I'm not touching this one with a 10 ft. pole!  Where's Lumpy?
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 6:41:14 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Whatever floats your boat...

What I don't understand, is why all the airsofters are always posting here looking for our acceptance of their hobby.  

I've got no problem with gay guys either, but that doesn't mean I want one of them posting about how gay sex is really fun and I shouldn't knock it until I try it.  At least they don't try to tell us that anal sex is good training for vaginal sex, because afterall, the anus and the vagina are almost the same thing, right?    On the other hand, the airsofters always strut around like they're some kind of ultra-tactical ninja because they've taken a couple BBs to the chest and lived to tell about it.

Brilliant analogy !!  

I've got the same viewpoint - I'm sure paintball and airsoft can be really fun, but I don't need people telling me how I don't "get it" or something just because I'm not interested, and because I think toys (like airsoft) are really more for kids than they are for adults.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Archived [ARCHIVED THREAD] - I don't get the anti-airsoft thing (Page 2 of 2)
Page General » General Discussion
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top