Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:32:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I bet Dick Cheney doesn't get charged with a felony.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:38:33 PM EDT
[#2]
... [markm] "these things happen" [/markm]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:48:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
they added a count of Unlawful Discharge, another Class 6 felony.  I was now facing 12-36 months in prison.

Interesting, that they've assigned that a felony level status.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:49:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

He should have been ?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He should have been ?

No, and neither should our "wallshooter" have been imo.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:52:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He should have been ?

Say that when some person sends a 357 mag through the wall and it almost hits you
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:53:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Youre a complete idiot careless person for having an ND. I am a complete idiot for name calling.

Fixed it for you.

It may be harsh - but I call it like I see it.

There seems to be a rash of NDs lately. Look at the TV shooter. Hell - even the Vice Pres is making a mistake. You all need to have more respect for the power in your control.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:53:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He should have been ?

Say that when some person sends a 357 mag through the wall and it almost hits you

I will.

I don't think having an accident warrants the guy losing his right to vote and keep arms. Doesn't mean I wouldn't want to see him suffer a bit so that he learns his lesson from being careless.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:00:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Lesson #1: Be careful, always practice firearms safety.

Lesson #2: Don't call the cops on yourself in and make a bad situation worse.

triburst, not only is it the law that all discharges in dwellings must be reported, it would have gone much worse for me had I not reported it.  Furthermore, had my neighbor been hurt it would have been in everyone's best interest to get medical help as soon as possible.

My concerns were not for myself.

You did the right thing and you did ok given the circumstances.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:02:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:04:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I have to tag this for later.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:42:06 PM EDT
[#12]
It took stones to admit the story and post it. I'll take it (and the tv story) as a lesson in the dangers of dry firing. I imagine it's easier than we would want to admit to have an accident when dry firing tired or distracted. The ammo in another room and a cooling down period is a good idea. It seems that the notion of a casual dry firing session is a dangerous one.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#13]
I live in an apartment, and that's a big reason I only dryfire with the orange snap cap firing pin savers..Have them for Every caliber including shotgun.... I Can't risk something like that in NYS! I'm Poor!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:10:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the post.  You very possibly have saved another member a lot of grief by taking the time to write this.  

Throwing a round into someone else’s residence is serious business.  But it does seem to me they treated you pretty harshly considering that this was clearly an accident and that you were open and aboveboard with the cops.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:10:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Yep, I only use snap caps too.  I love guns, but I've also got a bit of fear of them which keeps me respecting their deadly potential.  I look at driving the same way; it's very easy to absent-minded things while behind the wheel and forget about the potential lethality of what you are driving.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:13:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I live in an apartment, and that's a big reason I only dryfire with the orange snap cap firing pin savers..Have them for Every caliber including shotgun.... I Can't risk something like that in NYS! I'm Poor!

IF you read more carefully you'll see that he didn't do this dry firing. He did it while loading the gun AFTER practicing with dry firing.

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#17]
You are a pretty big man for posting this here.

Folks here can be "unkind" but it sounds to me like you have learned a lesson and have already paid the price.

I am glad no one was hurt and you got your rights back.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:37:10 PM EDT
[#18]
That sucks, glad everyone is o.k.

What exactly happened when you loaded the pistol? I'm somewhat confused by what caused it to fire.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:31:51 PM EDT
[#19]
So, can you recommend this attorney?

You know, in case anything happens to the TV at my house.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:39:07 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
they added a count of Unlawful Discharge, another Class 6 felony.  I was now facing 12-36 months in prison.

Interesting, that they've assigned that a felony level status.

The charge can be a felony or a misdemeanor, and includes NO requirement for intent.

If you sit on your neighbors couch and the cocked and unlocked weapon he forgot he had hidden under the cushion discharges, causing minimal damage and no injury, and this occurs in the state of Arizona, you may be sent to prison for 6-18 months and lose your rights under this law.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:40:15 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
So, can you recommend this attorney?

You know, in case anything happens to the TV at my house.

I am sure he would recommend that attorney. It is not my place to identify him though, so if you want to know, IM ASU1911 for the firm and attorneys names.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top