[#1]

Quoted:
sent what i could....hope it helps.  hope everything works out, man

I'm sure anything will help.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:04:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
sent what i could....hope it helps.  hope everything works out, man

Thank you......   Everything you all have done so far has been really appreciated.

You all have brought me a little hope again.  

John
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:54:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey John! I don't do paypal and would like to help. Please e-mail me your US Mail address. My e-mail address is     superaero(at)aol.com  
Jim
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:14:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I dont have paypal but by golly when pay day comes ill find some way to get some. Nice to see that alot of forums become a big "family" over years and lots of friendships made. Good luck to ya and I do hope and pray it all works out for ya.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:26:26 PM EDT
[#5]
JB69, Hang in there, and remember that old saying "It's always darkest before the dawn".  Don't know who came up with it, but there must be some truth to it since just about everyone has heard it I think.  

Years down the road, you'll look back and have some good stories about walking five miles in the snow barefoot to tell your grandkids!!

Paypal on the way - and good wishes.  MournSword
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:23:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I am another one who cant do the paypal thing but would like to help. Someone please IM me with a way to contribute.
              Thanks RJK
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:10:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hey John! I don't do paypal and would like to help. Please e-mail me your US Mail address. My e-mail address is     superaero(at)aol.com  
Jim

Thank you.....  IM Sent.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 6:17:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
JB69, Hang in there, and remember that old saying "It's always darkest before the dawn".  Don't know who came up with it, but there must be some truth to it since just about everyone has heard it I think.  

Years down the road, you'll look back and have some good stories about walking five miles in the snow barefoot to tell your grandkids!!

Paypal on the way - and good wishes.  MournSword

Thank you....  I really pray that you're right,

I sure would like to see some "dawn" right about now.... It's been very hard, and I'm so worn out from everything.  I just hope that I can get feeling a little better soon somehow.  I'm so tired of not working...  I really miss my job and everyone there...  

Grandkids is sure a nice thought tho....  maybe someday...

Thanks for the encouragement, Take care.
John
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:26:37 PM EDT
[#9]
What kind of work do you do?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:14:38 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I'm an electrician......  Well.... "was" i guess you could say...

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:04:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
well if he's a team member he can always ask for his "donation"  back

I await the day you are banned from this site!  You are nothing but a troll!

He has been banned many times it's cyanide at his best(worst)!

Don't get in a bother about it he will come back as many other user names!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:12:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I remember a guy here needing help. UHLEK was his name I think. Had a baby and wife. Posted he was selling everything he owned then people started helping him. I think he ended up getting some kind of security job.

Next thing I remember I wasn't seeing him post. Then he posts how he has been at some other site because he can't stand us anymore. That's the last thing I remember from him.

Well this ain't about UHLEK this is about someone else!!!

Let me know where to send some money!!  I'm in

Bob
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:43:05 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I swear to God, sometimes I wish this site would go members only.

Well... "members only" to POST, yeah, I wouldn't be adverse to THAT at all I think to READ... anyone w/the time and inclination
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:06:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any chance you can teach the trade?  They will probably looking for instructors along the Gulf Coast.

SRM
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:10:21 AM EDT
[#15]
JB69,

Go see my post in the team forum where you originally posted your thread.  I won't reply here because of the troll problems.  But I think you'll find my post there interesting.  Then get back to me, sir.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:43:11 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any chance you can teach the trade?  They will probably looking for instructors along the Gulf Coast.

SRM

I COULD teach, but the problem is I haven't gotten my E2 license yet...... I was due for the test, when all this crap started happening 4 years ago, and between being exhausted, working a lot, and just plain being a dope, i never went for the test....

All the schools require a minimum of an E2 to be an instructor........  I'd actually enjoy teaching, I think, but it's just not gonna happen now, unfortunately....

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:17:48 AM EDT
[#17]

Sitting here tonight thinking......  I haven't had a chance to thank people personally yet, but I wanted to take a moment here to publicly thank every one of you who sent something, trying to help.

You have no idea how grateful I am.  There just aren't the words to express it.....

With all your help, and Richardh247's amazingly, hell UNBELIEVABLY generous and selfless offer, I have a good shot at getting my life back....

God knows it won't be easy, and it isn't even a done deal yet, because the move will be pretty expensive, but I cannot even begin to tell you all how indebted I am to you folks and your thoughtfulness.

Thank you.............

John
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:06:02 AM EDT
[#18]
BTT

Papypal sent to: [email protected]

Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:48:38 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
BTT

Papypal sent to: [email protected]

Thank you.... That was very generous.

It really helps a lot.

John
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:13:06 PM EDT
[#20]
John can you work at all? I admit I didn't read all the post. If you can work, I may be able to help ya out, not certian but I can check it out. IM some contact info, and you location. John
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:43:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
John can you work at all? I admit I didn't read all the post. If you can work, I may be able to help ya out, not certian but I can check it out. IM some contact info, and you location. John

IM sent..... tried to explain somewhat in it..

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:17:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Wow, what a great site. Its great to see.  

Good luck brother.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:55:24 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Wow, what a great site. Its great to see.  

Good luck brother.  

Eeek !  JBT's !   *hides my dog*   haha

Thanks.... I could use all the luck I can get right about now.

John

p.s. got no dog, hehe....  made you look !
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:44:12 AM EDT
[#24]
A little more advice, and maybe an idea:

If you can scrounge up a few hundred dollars, look in the paper for used camper trailers...any trailer. I have seen plenty of smaller ones under $1000 back home. You can rent a lot in a RV park for a small fraction of what it costs to rent an apartment to put it on. That will give you a place of your own and a real address and cahnce for a phone hookup.... an important thing when job hunting or applying for anything. Plus it is yours.

If you hunt for a small mom and pop owned park you may even be able to work off the rent, on your schedule when you can, at least part of it. You will probably have to pay the first month but could get some work after that. RV parks are always having electrical issues. Many like having someone on location for a night watchman/handyman also.

If you can come up with $1000-1200 that would be enough to get it all set up, and your costs would be minimal after that, Maybe even sell your car for a cheaper one if you have an equity available in it.

I just looked online at the local trader paper back home and there were plenty of campers in the $500-750 range.

Just something to consider as an option. I have that same plan in mind should I ever fall on bad times, everyone, no matter how successfull, would do well to contigency plan as well.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:19:28 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
A little more advice, and maybe an idea:

If you can scrounge up a few hundred dollars, look in the paper for used camper trailers...any trailer. I have seen plenty of smaller ones under $1000 back home. You can rent a lot in a RV park for a small fraction of what it costs to rent an apartment to put it on. That will give you a place of your own and a real address and cahnce for a phone hookup.... an important thing when job hunting or applying for anything. Plus it is yours.

If you hunt for a small mom and pop owned park you may even be able to work off the rent, on your schedule when you can, at least part of it. You will probably have to pay the first month but could get some work after that. RV parks are always having electrical issues. Many like having someone on location for a night watchman/handyman also.

If you can come up with $1000-1200 that would be enough to get it all set up, and your costs would be minimal after that, Maybe even sell your car for a cheaper one if you have an equity available in it.

I just looked online at the local trader paper back home and there were plenty of campers in the $500-750 range.

Just something to consider as an option. I have that same plan in mind should I ever fall on bad times, everyone, no matter how successfull, would do well to contigency plan as well.

Thanks..... Idea's good, but unfortunately, I haven't been able to work enough to pay rent now with the medical issues, much less buy a camper or something....  It'd be nice though.  

Moving clear across country is a huge thing, especially being broke and having physical limitations on top of it.

It's all pretty overwhelming

John
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:04:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:35:07 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I remember a guy here needing help. UHLEK was his name I think. Had a baby and wife. Posted he was selling everything he owned then people started helping him. I think he ended up getting some kind of security job.

Next thing I remember I wasn't seeing him post. Then he posts how he has been at some other site because he can't stand us anymore. That's the last thing I remember from him.

<Personal attack removed.  --tbk1>
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:54:29 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Thanks bro..... But it's ok.....

I fully expected some "unnice" comments and such when I agreed to this being posted here in GD.....  I originally only posted in Team, but the guys figured I might get some more useful suggestions here as well, so I figured I really didn't have much to lose..

I can take it.....  I've been down so low, for so long now, not much anyone could say would really suprise me.....

Fortunately, an amazing bunch of folks here have been really generous and done what they could to help so far....... They are what truly defines this great site/community.  

I owe them all a great debt of grattitude, and much much more........

Thanks for sticking up for me though.....    

Gotta try and get some sleep.  Take care,

John
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:40:08 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
is there any way we non-team members can help out?

Big plus-1, arfcommers have to take care of their own
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:42:15 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks bro..... But it's ok.....

I fully expected some "unnice" comments and such when I agreed to this being posted here in GD.....  I originally only posted in Team, but the guys figured I might get some more useful suggestions here as well, so I figured I really didn't have much to lose..

I can take it.....  I've been down so low, for so long now, not much anyone could say would really suprise me.....

Fortunately, an amazing bunch of folks here have been really generous and done what they could to help so far....... They are what truly defines this great site/community.  

I owe them all a great debt of grattitude, and much much more........

Thanks for sticking up for me though.....    

Gotta try and get some sleep.  Take care,

John

Hang in there, buddy.  Anything else we can do to help ?  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:25:41 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Hey Bob,

Well,  anything you offer is helpful.....  Like I mentioned, I've been just as grateful for the well wishes here, and offers of a place to crash for a few hours, during the long ride there, and such, as well as the money so many folks here sent to try and help out....  It's been really kind.  

I've got some money now in the paypal account I listed in a post above, that will help big time, for gas and other things to get me and my car there.  Richardh247 has offered me an unbelievable chance to get on my feet again, with a spare room in his home, rent-free until I can get my medical situation sorted out, and working enough again....  

Rich is just WAY beyond being a stand-up guy, in my book.  His offer goes FAR above generous and I am very VERY grateful...  He's working on collecting any donations anyone left wants to send, for the moving expenses, which are pretty steep, from CT all the way to AZ....  I think we're looking at around 2000 dollars or so, for a truck to ship all my belongings there, so it's been tough.  

Pretty much anything anyone would do to help would really be appreciated... Be it a place to stop and rest for a couple hours, a little money to help with the moving, or even just to visit a fellow arfcommer along the way for a bit.  Any of it would be really generous and help a lot.  It's going to be a long haul for me, with my medical issues, not to mention boring and kind of lonely. Anything anyone would be able to do to make it a little more bearable would be wonderful.  

I really didn't want to have to move clear across country, you know ?  But now, I'm actually kind of looking forward to getting there now.  Rich and I chatted for a good long time last night on AOL messenger and he seems like a great guy.  With a little luck, I may be able to get my life back AND gain a really good friend along the way.....  Hard to ask for more than than.  

John
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:04:27 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey Bob,

Well,  anything you offer is helpful.....  Like I mentioned, I've been just as grateful for the well wishes here, and offers of a place to crash for a few hours, during the long ride there, and such, as well as the money so many folks here sent to try and help out....  It's been really kind.  

I've got some money now in the paypal account I listed in a post above, that will help big time, for gas and other things to get me and my car there.  Richardh247 has offered me an unbelievable chance to get on my feet again, with a spare room in his home, rent-free until I can get my medical situation sorted out, and working enough again....  

Rich is just WAY beyond being a stand-up guy, in my book.  His offer goes FAR above generous and I am very VERY grateful...  He's working on collecting any donations anyone left wants to send, for the moving expenses, which are pretty steep, from CT all the way to AZ....  I think we're looking at around 2000 dollars or so, for a truck to ship all my belongings there, so it's been tough.  

Pretty much anything anyone would do to help would really be appreciated... Be it a place to stop and rest for a couple hours, a little money to help with the moving, or even just to visit a fellow arfcommer along the way for a bit.  Any of it would be really generous and help a lot.  It's going to be a long haul for me, with my medical issues, not to mention boring and kind of lonely. Anything anyone would be able to do to make it a little more bearable would be wonderful.  

I really didn't want to have to move clear across country, you know ?  But now, I'm actually kind of looking forward to getting there now.  Rich and I chatted for a good long time last night on AOL messenger and he seems like a great guy.  With a little luck, I may be able to get my life back AND gain a really good friend along the way.....  Hard to ask for more than than.  

John

John, when you arrive in AZ, please let me know.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:17:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Please keep us updated.  

Also, please post Paypal address again.

=)  Wish you luck and Godspeed and our prayers that you get back on your feet and find a good job, and that your medical problems will be resolved.

Mac
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top