Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 5:36:14 PM EDT
[#1]
The mags are diffrent and will not interchange. PSP=euro   P7M8 = american style release.
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 5:46:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey, I've got a P7 question for y'all.

I see alot of you guys complaining about how your P7 M8's heat up after you shoot them. I have a P7 PSP which also heats up. Last time I took it to the range I couldn't even finish off a box of 100 rounds because it was burning my hands too much. Do P7 M8's heat up more, less or about the same as a P7 PSP. I thought that the M8's had a heat shield in them to prevent them from getting too hot.
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#3]
The M8's do have a heat shield but they still heat up pretty fast, if you go back a page and look at the pic of the two P7's on the hood of the white truck you will be able to see the plastic heat shield on the top of the trigger guard of the upper pistol, a good idea but dont work so well
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 8:59:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hey, I've got a P7 question for y'all.

I see alot of you guys complaining about how your P7 M8's heat up after you shoot them. I have a P7 PSP which also heats up. Last time I took it to the range I couldn't even finish off a box of 100 rounds because it was burning my hands too much. Do P7 M8's heat up more, less or about the same as a P7 PSP. I thought that the M8's had a heat shield in them to prevent them from getting too hot.

Some PSPs dont have the plastic heat shield and it gets HOT real fast.  For people who says its doest they have no clue what they are talking about or dont own one.  Have a M8 and M13 and they get hot even with the heat shield.  The shield makes a huge difference.  I shot over 100 rounds with it in my CCW class and I did OK. But it was getting a uncomfortable towards the end.
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 9:02:31 PM EDT
[#5]
How long is the cool down if you were to only use 1 mag then reload that mag before firing again?
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 9:07:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I liked mine but I shoot everthing i own IPSC  to stay proficent , I personally could not get a good fast mag change with mine , also  a good sized 30-40rd course the gun was fucking hot  right were your trigger finger is striaght along the frame , and it sits weird in a holster
Nice gun shot well never malfunctioned  just not for me
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
How long is the cool down if you were to only use 1 mag then reload that mag before firing again?

If you go slow you can shoot quite a few rounds.  But any rapid fire or fast mag changes and it going to get hot.  We would load 6 rounds shoot and reload with another guy doing the drill right after you in the same lane.  So my gun got to cool between every 6 rounds.  But after about 100 rounds it was getting hot.
Link Posted: 10/31/2005 9:23:14 PM EDT
[#8]
For those of you who own and love the P7M8 - Try to shoot a P7K3 in .380 sometime. I have 2 P7M8s and a K3 and the .380 shoots different in a really really nice way. It has a hydraulic buffer instead of the gas system. It felt, well, more accurate and smooth to me than the P7 does.. The barrels are removable and the multi cal kits had .22, .32(why) and .380.  

Too bad:

A its a .380

B its about $2K now

C HK won't replace the buffer if it wears out.

I would still buy one if I came across one again- in a heartbeat. Hands down the best firing pistol I have have ever shot.    
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top