Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
If the militia is going to take the place of the military, the militia needs to be armed and ready to go first. Is Ron Paul even talking about legalizing tanks for ownership by the average person? As it is if his official plan is to take office and then promptly get rid of most of the military we are toast. Those who are friendly when your are strong often are not when your week.  America is not so strong that we can make that big of a cut and be safe.

They already are. You can own whatever you want..just be prepared to pay for shipping it!

You're telling me I can own an M1A2 with an operating main and secondary guns?

Those wouldn't be allowed into the country...State department would block those. You can own t-72s...t-55s..scud launchers..55 ton cheiftains..anything. They can have functioning main guns, but those are DDs and ammo is hard to find. the Coax's would have to be semis.

There's a fully functioning m32 grizzly with the 76mm gun somewhere in the us..can't remember where.

Link Posted: 12/20/2007 10:32:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Have any of the Ronbots figured out how Dr. Paul can unilaterally lift the trade sanctions. After all, these were passed by Congress and can only be removed by Congress.

Or is this another instance where he is promising things (like getting rid of the IRS) that the President has no actual power to accomplish?

I LOL'd :)

I'm still waiting for one of them to answer my question.

Still waiting...

ditto
Link Posted: 12/20/2007 10:34:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Ron Paul = coward
Link Posted: 12/21/2007 1:22:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Ron Paul is a dumb ass..........
Link Posted: 12/21/2007 4:44:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I wonder what cutting the military by 80% would have on our economy.

All those factories, all the R&D, ship yards etc. All of the sudden all those people out or work. All the jobs that surrond the support structure of those workers.

Hmmm.
Link Posted: 12/21/2007 4:55:18 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I wonder what cutting the military by 80% would have on our economy.

All those factories, all the R&D, ship yards etc. All of the sudden all those people out or work. All the jobs that surrond the support structure of those workers.

Hmmm.

i was having this conversation with my brother yesterday. he works for lockheed martin. trying to explain that his job would evaporate and the entire economy would tank. the global economy, not just the USA.
Link Posted: 12/21/2007 5:18:09 AM EDT
[#7]
The only people more clueless than RP are the people who think he is going to win.
Link Posted: 12/21/2007 7:40:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

As for Ron Paul and war, well he's never said he's against war. he's against unlawful war and would like for the congress to openly declare it is all. He wants us back to the constitution. There's nothing wrong with that and there's nothing pacifist about that. He would like friendship with the countries abroad but has stated more than once that he is more than willing to engage in war if it is in our best interest.

Except for that little bit about a DOW *NOT* Being a constitutional mandate
Link Posted: 12/21/2007 7:41:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/21/2007 7:50:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

We're at a fork in the road. We can continue down the road we're on and end up a broke totalitarian police state continually waging war and pulling petty crap we don't need to do or we can change our course right now and live up to our true namesake.

You wrote a bunch of stuff that showed how you are somewhat well-informed and thoughful about issues (even if incredibly naive ), but then you posted THAT (the part in red) and revealed yourself to be a crazy person.

So basically, if we don't elect Ron Paul, we're going to end up a "totalitarian police state"?

Link Posted: 12/21/2007 8:02:47 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Have any of the Ronbots figured out how Dr. Paul can unilaterally lift the trade sanctions. After all, these were passed by Congress and can only be removed by Congress.

Or is this another instance where he is promising things (like getting rid of the IRS) that the President has no actual power to accomplish?

Still waiting...

ditto

One last bump. Lots of RP supporters posting in this thread. I just want one of them to answer my very simple question.
Link Posted: 12/21/2007 9:43:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
People here actually want to vote for Ron Paul?  

vs. guiliani, romney, the beast, or obama osama.  yea

It would be very difficult, but if it were a choice between Paul and four more years of the corrupt Clinton Family Syndicate, I'd pull the lever for Paul.
Link Posted: 12/21/2007 1:26:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Still waiting...

ditto

One last bump. Lots of RP supporters posting in this thread. I just want one of them to answer my very simple question.

I posted a reply earlier. I'll repeat it for you. It's obvious that legislation that requires congressional approval cannot be enacted by the executive branch alone.

I'm not sold on RP due to his weak stance on national defense. Some of his other ideas I agree with. As I also posted earlier, I'm really not sold on any of our current GOP candidates. If you go back and read earlier posts, I've listed the items I consider important for a presidential candidate to address.
Link Posted: 12/21/2007 1:39:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Paul '08: Simple ideas for simple minds.
Link Posted: 12/21/2007 1:43:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I honestly think we should play nice with Iran, not be a pussy, not bend to them, but talk a bit, reach out... I think we would get much further in this case.

That is my opinion as well. We talked to China and detente ensued. We talked to the Soviet Union and their system collapsed. Limited engagement is a good thing. No engagement and normalized relations is not.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top