BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:00:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah - this story has been going on for a while now in Denmark (a few months, I believe).  

Generally, the Danes don't give a shit if someone is "offended" by something as trivial as cartoons in a privately owned newspaper - but there is concern on the side of the government that Saudi Arabia and other arab countries are starting to boycott Danish goods, which could really hurt the economy (thank god those idiots don't eat pork, because we export a lot of that ).

DK-Prof: I support Denmark 100%! What sort of products does Denmark export to the US? I'll make an extra effort to buy those products!

Thanks  

Some people are talking about various products over in this thread:

www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=433089
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:08:22 PM EDT
[#2]
About time someone said something about RoP.

Go Denmark!!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:05:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Mohammed was a raving Schizophrenic who RAPED an 11 yr. old Girl.
In my book, Europeans have every right to freely express their ideas
on Mohammed and his religion of  Devil Worshipping Infidels.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:53:21 PM EDT
[#4]
The latest news (from Danish news sources) is that both Al Qaeda and Hezbolla have called for attacks on Denmark.

Hezbollah specifically threatened suicide bombings in Denmark.

Uncivilized savages    (not all muslims, but certainly the ones who get so bent out of shape over freedom of the press and expression, that they want to kill)

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:04:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I read where one of them said that if the Fatwah against Salmon Rushdie was carried out as instructed, this problem wouldn't be occuring, as fear of reprisals would prevent it.  

And the US isolationists simply want to ignore it and bury their heads in the sand even further...

I've got an idea, someone encourage Maplethorpe to do an Islamic themed show...
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:30:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeah - this story has been going on for a while now in Denmark (a few months, I believe).  

Generally, the Danes don't give a shit if someone is "offended" by something as trivial as cartoons in a privately owned newspaper - but there is concern on the side of the government that Saudi Arabia and other arab countries are starting to boycott Danish goods, which could really hurt the economy (thank god those idiots don't eat pork, because we export a lot of that ).

DK-Prof: I support Denmark 100%! What sort of products does Denmark export to the US? I'll make an extra effort to buy those products!

Thanks  

Some people are talking about various products over in this thread:

www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=433089

My ol'man already does(cheese,artwork,books,and that crazy potato booze that'll make the Saturn V get to the moon in under 5 minutes). BTW,DK,Delta's gonna have a non-stop from Atlanta to Kobenhaven soon!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:21:07 PM EDT
[#7]
My weekly trip to the grocery store is tomorrow (right after I get home from the range) and I'm going to go out of my way to find every product I can that comes from Denmark.  I wish there was some other way I could express my support of Denmark, but at least I can do that.

"Noble religion" my pimple covered ass.  It's nothing but a gang of AK wielding death cultists.  Oh, maybe I'm wrong and there are some good ones mixed in, but they'd better stand up and make themselves heard before "Kill them all and let God sort them out" becomes the order of the day.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:20:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:36:38 AM EDT
[#9]
www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,183551,00.html

The stupidity of these peoples is amazing.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:33:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:44:19 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I read where one of them said that if the Fatwah against Salmon Rushdie was carried out as instructed, this problem wouldn't be occuring, as fear of reprisals would prevent it.  

And the US isolationists simply want to ignore it and bury their heads in the sand even further...

I've got an idea, someone encourage Maplethorpe to do an Islamic themed show...

Un fortunately, he died.

Drink more TUBORG! Eat more HAVARTI!

As soon as I can, I'm replacing "Fill yore hand" with the Danish flag.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:23:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Lots of good commentary and links over at Cox & Forkum:  www.coxandforkum.com/archives/000768.html
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:39:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:49:04 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/images/muhammedwesterga_1.jpg

Looks about right to me.

+1

Looks like a t-shirt waiting to happen.

+1 I've been thinking the same thing, I'd have it as my avatar, but as a new member I can't login to the photo server

Becareful the thread police don't like this topic - it's not PC
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:25:09 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
In Washington, CAIR criticized the drawings televised beheadings and suicide-bombings of innocent civilians, calling them "offensive to the beliefs of Muslims."

" Inciting religious or ethnic hatred Murdering people in this manner is not acceptable," Hironimus CAIR said. "We call for tolerance and respect for all communities and for their religious beliefs and practices."

abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=1576528

Adapted for CAIR.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:33:37 AM EDT
[#16]

Drink more TUBORG!  

Yessir, I leave for Denmark in 6 Days, and shall MAKE SURE the Danes Tuborg reserves are not quite as plentiful before I got there.

(Best museum ever is the Carlsberg/Tuborg one, I got me a Tuborg t-shirt)
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:03:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
In Washington, the State Department criticized the drawings, calling them "offensive to the beliefs of Muslims."

While recognizing the importance of freedom of the press and expression, State Department press officer Janelle Hironimus said these rights must be coupled with press responsibility.

"Inciting religious or ethnic hatred in this manner is not acceptable," Hironimus said. "We call for tolerance and respect for all communities and for their religious beliefs and practices."

abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=1576528

The U.S. State Department has been morally corrupt for decades.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:06:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Check out the pics posted here
www.michellemalkin.com/
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:03:43 AM EDT
[#19]
lol

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:13:48 AM EDT
[#20]
This just in ...

Danish embassy in Syria torched by angry muslims.  

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:14:56 PM EDT
[#22]
The ROP can kiss my shiny white ass as I fart in the general direction of their pedophile prophet.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Is this the one?

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:38:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Why are they so angry? I just don't get it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:46:38 PM EDT
[#25]
buydanish.home.comcast.net/products.htm

helpful link for those who want to support denmark:

A LIST OF DANISH PRODUCTS
Food:
Arla milk, cheese etc.
Knorr seasonings
Danish crown (meat)
Lurmaerket Butter
Danish Bacon
Thor Fish
Danisco Food

Candy:
Toms (chocolate)
HAribo
LAgermann
Galle & Jessen

Beverages:
Tuborg Beer
Carlsberg Beer
Aalborg Aquavit (snaps)

Medicine:
Novo

Cigarettes:
Prince (Don�t start smoking because of this fire!)

Clothings:
H2O
Hummel
Per Reumert

Shoes:
Ecco
Jaco

Danish Design:
Royal Copenhagen
Georg Jensen
Stelton
PH-lamps
Lego (toys)
Brio (toys)
Raadvad (knives etc.)
Trip Trap
HTH- kitchen
Morsoe (Fireplaces)
Royal Danish Porcelain
B & G Porcelain
Vesta (Windmills)
B & O radioes/televisions etc.

Other:
Watco Danish Furniture Oil

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:50:24 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Why are they so angry? I just don't get it.

They are rulers, we are the sheep, they are just expressing their authority

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:53:51 PM EDT
[#27]

Is it a hate crime to pass out pictures of that cartoon while eating a bacon sammich while wearing an infidel tee shirt?....Just wondering
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:48:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Here is the top story on Drudge
Don't religious laws and edicts usually apply only to members of a religion, NOT the rest of the world?

Syrians Torch Embassies Over Caricatures
Feb 4, 2006
ALBERT AJI
apnews.myway.com/article/20060205/D8FIK3M81.html
DAMASCUS, Syria (AP) - Thousands of Syrians enraged by caricatures of Islam's revered prophet torched the Danish and Norwegian embassies in Damascus on Saturday - the most violent in days of furious protests by Muslims in Asia, Europe and the Middle East.

In Gaza, Palestinians marched through the streets, storming European buildings and burning German and Danish flags. Protesters smashed the windows of the German cultural center and threw stones at the European Commission building, police said.

Iraqis rallying by the hundreds demanded an apology from the European Union, and the leader of the Palestinian group Hamas called the cartoons "an unforgivable insult" that merited punishment by death.

Pakistan summoned the envoys of nine Western countries in protest, and even Europeans took to the streets in Denmark and Britain to voice their anger.

At the heart of the protest: 12 caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad first published in Denmark's Jyllands-Posten in September and reprinted in European media in the past week. One depicted the prophet wearing a turban shaped as a bomb with a burning fuse. The paper said it had asked cartoonists to draw the pictures because the media was practicing self-censorship when it came to Muslim issues.

The drawings have touched a raw nerve in part because Islamic law is interpreted to forbid any depictions of the Prophet Muhammad.

Aggravating the affront, Denmark's Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen has said repeatedly he cannot apologize for his country's free press. But other European leaders tried Saturday to calm the storm.

Germany's Chancellor Angela Merkel said she understood Muslims were hurt - though that did not justify violence.

"Freedom of the press is one of the great assets as a component of democracy, but we also have the value and asset of freedom of religion," Merkel told an international security conference in Munich, Germany.

The Vatican deplored the violence but said certain provocative forms of criticism were unacceptable.

"The right to freedom of thought and expression ... cannot entail the right to offend the religious sentiment of believers," the Vatican said in its first statement on the controversy.

British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw, who has criticized European media for reprinting the caricatures, said there was no justification for the violence in Damascus.

"We stand in solidarity with the Danish government in its call for calm and its demand that all its diplomats and diplomatic premises are properly protected. It's incumbent on the Syrian authorities to act in this regard."

But Denmark and Norway did not wait for more violence.

With their Damascus embassies up in flames, the foreign ministries advised their citizens to leave Syria without delay.

"It's horrible and totally unacceptable," Danish Foreign Minister Per Stig Moeller said on Danish public television Saturday.

No diplomats were injured in the Syrian violence, officials said. But Swedish Foreign Minister Laila Freivalds - whose country, along with Chile, has an embassy in the same building - said she would lodge a formal protest over the lack of security.

In Santiago, the Chilean Ministry of Foreign Affairs said the Chilean Embassy in Damascus was also torched but nobody was injured.

The demonstrations in Damascus began peacefully with protesters gathering outside the building housing the Danish Embassy. But they began throwing stones and eventually broke through police barricades. Some scrambled up concrete barriers protecting the embassy, climbed into the building and set a fire.

"With our blood and souls we defend you, O Prophet of God!" the demonstrators chanted. Some removed the Danish flag and replaced it with a green flag printed with the words: "There is no god but God and Muhammad is the messenger of God."

Demonstrators moved onto the Norwegian Embassy about 4 miles away, also setting fire to it before being dispersed by police using tear gas and water cannons. Hundreds of police and troops barricaded the road leading to the French Embassy, but protesters were able to break through briefly before fleeing from the force of water cannons.

Amid the furor, Syria's Grand Mufti urged calm, noting the demonstration had started in a "nice and disciplined way," but then turned violent because of "some members who do not understand the language of dialogue."

"We never expressed our anger in such a way, and we believe that dialogue should be done through guidance and teaching, not through killing, harming and burning," Sheik Ahmed Badr-Eddine Hassoun said in remarks carried by state-run Syrian Arab News Agency, or SANA.

In Gaza, masked gunmen affiliated with the Fatah Party called on the Palestinian Authority and Muslim nations to recall their diplomatic missions from Denmark until the government apologizes.

In the West Bank town of Hebron, about 50 Palestinians marched to the headquarters of the international observer mission there, burned a Danish flag and demanded a boycott of Danish goods.

"We will redeem our prophet Muhammad with our blood!" they chanted.

Mahmoud Zahar, leader of the militant Palestinian group Hamas, told the Italian daily Il Giornale the cartoonists should be punished by death.

We should have killed all those who offend the Prophet and instead here we are, protesting peacefully." he said.

Hundreds of Iraqis rallied south of Baghdad, some carrying banners urging "honest people all over the world to condemn this act" and demanding an EU apology.

Anger swelled in Europe, too. Young Muslims clashed briefly with police in Copenhagen, the Danish capital, and some 700 people rallied outside the Danish Embassy in London.

A South African court banned the country's Sunday newspapers from reprinting the cartoons.

Iran's president ordered his commerce minister to study canceling all trade contracts with European countries whose newspapers have published the caricatures, the official Islamic Republic News Agency reported.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said the caricatures showed the "impudence and rudeness" of Western newspapers against the prophet as well as the "maximum resentment of the Zionists (Jews) ruling these countries against Islam and Muslims."

The leaders of Indonesia, Malaysia and Pakistan denounced the publication of the caricatures. Pakistan's Foreign Ministry summoned nine envoys to lodge protests against the publication of the "blasphemous" sketches.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top