Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:32:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I would tell them to go fuck themselves.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:41:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

On average, how much damage happens to the facilities, equipment and machinery receive from pissed off neighbors?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can answer anything you want related to utility scale solar development. I've supported countless solar projects from up front land evaluation, utility applications and study through full design and operation. Anything from 1mw to ~150mw.

On average, how much damage happens to the facilities, equipment and machinery receive from pissed off neighbors?

I would really like this answered, if you happen to know.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:53:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Call a lawyer and accountant if this isnt in your wheelhouse. These types of leases can be very profitable if structured correctly and you dont have retirement or other use plans for the land.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:54:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What could someone in NH expect to make per month from say 5 acres leased to one of these solar fields? I’ve got 40 acres with a 34.5 three phase line running through the back corner…wouldn’t take much to access and tie in.

We talking a couple thousand a month in income?
View Quote

5 acres would only get you 1mw assuming it's pretty flat. Issue is that the 34.5 line is likely transmission vs distribution. Is it in a utility right of way?

Transmission interconnect basically means no go for a small project.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:57:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

mw ?  Or did you mean MW (megaWatts)?
View Quote

MW.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:59:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I’m suspicious of these solar farm companies. They mostly target older farm owners, especially widows. They come in with this offer to lease (never buy) and then construct the solar farm. Just as the farm is being completed a new company becomes the owner, but often I’m still working with the same people. Sometimes just as I’m issuing their final permit to use the company changes again. Seems fishy.

My theory, they are in it for the government incentives. Panels only last so long, and about the time these panels aren’t viable anymore I’m willing to bet a pmag or two that the latest company will vaporize. Farm owner gets stuck with 200 acres of junk solar panels and no use of their land until they find the funds to remove the mess.
View Quote

There are good developers and bad developers. Good are getting harder to find as of late.

Your theory is correct. It's all incentives and tax credits. Those die and solar dies.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:02:09 PM EDT
[#7]
If they are incorporated out of Delaware, run.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:03:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If they're driven by tax credits and incentives they most certainly do not make money
View Quote

Huh...? DG solar is driven by federal tax credits and state solar programs...

State wants solar to push agendas so they develop programs to pay a premium rate. That's the dinner bell for devlopers.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:08:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Fuckin scam to launder money for leftist politicians and their friends/family companies. Plus it's horrible looking and actually hurts the natural wildlife. Anyone pushing solar should be punched in the godamn face.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:09:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

During construction things tend to go missing or damaged. Just had a site where someone removed all the hoses off the excavator. Didn't cut...but removed lol. Suspect it was the farmer next door.

After operation usually not much. Fences and the scarry warning labels stop most people. Squirrels are another story...
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:10:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I hear that once they are obsolete, worn out, the company goes out of business etc, you will have a hard time getting rid of them.  

Just from what I have read sir.  Might be something to look into.

Oh, and never sell your land.  Rent it out.  Old saying, land is something they aren’t making any more of.
View Quote

This is true. We were given a contract to read over which stated just that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:11:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Who’s on the hook for environmental cleanup after a bad hailstorm?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:11:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't think they normally put any batteries in.
View Quote

Tend to see on bigger projects vs smaller. They struggle to pencil out given lack of incentives.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top