BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:10:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I built a post-ban 16" lightweight free float carbine with their parts a few years ago. I then upgraded barrels after the ban.

No problems except for their bolts. I will never use a M1S bolt again! I broke 2 M1S bolts with only 1000 rounds each of M193. They both broke in the same place. I bought a DPMS bolt and have had no problems with it.

YMMV

That's funny, a lot of guys here will tell you that DPMS is junk too.  You just can't win.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:17:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never had any problems with them so far. As soon as you get a major part from any one, take it out and shoot a few 30 round mags through it as fast as you can, let it get hot, that way, if there is an issue with it, it will probably show up right away. Then you can go back to the supplier right away and make your case for a replacement. It is a bit tougher to build a case for replacement if you wait 3 to 6  months and then call them to complain.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:45:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I have 3 Model 1 sales AR15s. One CAR,Dissapater and one target model. All work as they should and I have no complaints. My dissapater from them is a little picky on ammo but works well with non Wolf ammo.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:47:13 AM EDT
[#4]
They suck.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:49:57 AM EDT
[#5]
What is your experience with them? Please let us know.

Quoted:
They suck.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:52:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

They any good? they have a fluted 16 inch I want but I dont know anyone who's dealt with them.

So the hive mind must have an answer

Bought that very upper from them.

The barrel was torqued into the upper so tight, that it wallowed out the indexing pin slot about 1/8 inch.

Small wonder the front sight base was canted, huh?

Decided the attitude I got simply wasn't worth the hassle of trying to get them to make it right, so I fixed it myself, on my dime. Okay since then.

On top of that, the LPK was cheap out of spec shit. The sear was so out of spec, it would grab the hammer and lock it up after each shot..I'd have to push the trigger FORWARD to get it to unlock so I could then pull the trigger.

Replaced all LPK parts in that gun with a RRA kit. No sweat.

Live and learn.

Crappy product, shitty attitude.

I'll never go back.

Just my personal experience.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:45:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What is your experience with them? Please let us know.

Quoted:
They suck.

He's a master sniper, duh.  He must know.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:10:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought a 16" kit from them back during the ban. It would not match up with my lower, if you look on the left hand side of the mag well you will see where it gets thicker. The upper is about 1/8 to far forward to match up with this. The upper was also WAY to tight on the rear take down pin. I ended up having to file the pin hole into almost an oval to get the pin to fit without using a hammer to disassemble the rifle. The stock they sent would not fit at all. If I screwed it in far enough to engage the buffer retainer fully it would block the upper from closing, used a Dremel to fix this. I ended up doing way more filing to this upper than I should of. It was my first build so I didn't think to send it back.  
I have a friend who had the same exact problems as I did with his kit. I must mention that we were both using Oly lowers, but if I slap my colt upper on it everything matches up without a problem. The one good thing about this is that the rifle is SUPER tight and has no play whatever between the upper and lower, bad thing is all the work that I had to do and the fact that I ordered a kit with the welded on muzzlebrake. If you ever want to clear a firing line give me a call as this will do it.

Omni
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:50:12 PM EDT
[#9]
I just received my upper from Model 1 Sales, I would have to say that I am impressed so far. The finish on it is wonderful, everything was tight. The upper even has the T numbers on the top of it. The bolt carrier group is nice, I see nothing visualy wrong with it, the gas key is staked in properly. The upper matched up to my Stag arms lower more closely than my RRA upper. I am very happy so far.

As for their attitudes, I called them for 3 days straight to check on if it had shipped or not and every time I called they were more than courteous to me. My receiver arrived here in less than a week. I would definately buy from them again. I will be posting a full workup on this in a few weeks after I get everything tore down and rebuilt and get everything checked and fired.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:39:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I just received my upper from Model 1 Sales, I would have to say that I am impressed so far. The finish on it is wonderful, everything was tight. The upper even has the T numbers on the top of it. The bolt carrier group is nice, I see nothing visualy wrong with it, the gas key is staked in properly. The upper matched up to my Stag arms lower more closely than my RRA upper. I am very happy so far.

As for their attitudes, I called them for 3 days straight to check on if it had shipped or not and every time I called they were more than courteous to me. My receiver arrived here in less than a week. I would definately buy from them again. I will be posting a full workup on this in a few weeks after I get everything tore down and rebuilt and get everything checked and fired.

Outstanding.  Funny how your real world experience differs from what a lot of guys 'have heard', huh?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:44:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I would avoid them.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Ask SC-Texas, our own Darth Vader at Arfcom what he thinks about Model 1 Sales.

If I remember right it was m-a parts that was the recipient of the wraith of Vader.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:54:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Bought a MEGA lower(elsewhere) and the 16" .223 upper, adj. stock, and lower parts kit from Model 1 sales along w/ an EoTech 552.  Had zero problems with the kit or the upper.  Been using that AR since the day after the Ban expired with no problems.  My experience with them has been positive.

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:08:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok...I've stated this in the past about my kit...so I don't want any flaming from Model 1 Sales haters. AND your mileage may vary....

That said...I ordered a dissipator kit about 10 months ago(give or take). Built it on a DPMS lower. I've had ZERO problems. I shot it side by side with my three bushmasters....dead center everytime. I do have a little creep in the trigger, but it doesn't bother me that much. You can always do a little file work if it bothers you. It was a VERY good kit for a GREAT price when I bought it. That's my .02. I own one...and that's how I feel. Like most things here, you'll get a lot of opinions. Many are the bandwagon type. I speak from experience. Only problem is, I know a few that also had a bad experience. I tried them for myself. No probs. So in the end it's gonna be your call.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top