Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:42:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope Sig has a civvy version at the SHOT Show in Feb.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:00:05 AM EDT
[#2]

i've put off all gun buying for the next year or so. i'm saving my pennies specifically for 3 guns:

1) SG 55X
2) AUG A3
3) SCAR-L

i will be buying AT LEAST 2 of any of those that come out.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:44:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I say it's all bullshit 'till Sigarms makes an announcement at SHOT !

They have been claiming that they are going to release these for how long......

Also, if FN is getting 1400, easy, for the PS90 and 1700, easy, for the FS2000 (read:Cheap Plastic).... how can people expect to get a kick ass Sig 55X clone for 1250 bucks...... come on people  

A true Swiss work of art is running over 2k ( US ) for a brand new PE90, what makes everyone think that this wont be an American made Saiga clone which has 55X furniture ?

As much as I really really want one.... I think I will wait and let others try it out, if it ever makes it to market  

SHOT will determine my next buying spree, but I have a feeling that I will be going for a civilian ARM before the Sig, as much as I hate to say it  

Time will tell the tale though  

Are you certain.  I have been told by a Class III dealer that the SIG 55X series rifles are sold at approximately $1400 (it's beena while so I may be off a little) and that if SIG were somehow able to sell the SIG 55X rifles to civilians, the resultant tax would bring that price up to $1540.  Just my two cents so take this with a grain of salt.

Justin
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:59:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Also, if FN is getting 1400, easy, for the PS90 and 1700, easy, for the FS2000 (read:Cheap Plastic).... how can people expect to get a kick ass Sig 55X clone for 1250 bucks...... come on people  

A true Swiss work of art is running over 2k ( US ) for a brand new PE90, what makes everyone think that this wont be an American made Saiga clone which has 55X furniture ?

As much as I really really want one.... I think I will wait and let others try it out, if it ever makes it to market  

SHOT will determine my next buying spree, but I have a feeling that I will be going for a civilian ARM before the Sig, as much as I hate to say it  

Are you certain.  I have been told by a Class III dealer that the SIG 55X series rifles are sold at approximately $1400 (it's beena while so I may be off a little) and that if SIG were somehow able to sell the SIG 55X rifles to civilians, the resultant tax would bring that price up to $1540.  Just my two cents so take this with a grain of salt.

Justin

Remember, nobody is going to buy it at retail price, there are far too many discount firearms dealers on the internet.  My bet is that if retail is approx $1500, most will probably get it for no more than $1200-$1350.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:23:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Justin

I am kinda certain.

That 1400 dollars that you were told was LEO/SOT pricing for sure. And we all know that LEO gets discounted rates when it comes to department guns.

I'm sure a Canadian or Swiss person could chime in and make my job easier, but I will try to give a few examples..

Scroll through 'till you see the prices...

A quote of around 3,000 (Canadian), 2600 (US) :  
sigforum.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/166108782/p/2

Here is another quote of 3,000 (Canadian) :
www.blueline.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?p=48413&sid=be700a10727c4d76ca05e42cface686d

Now these are the civilian legal PE90s of course... but they are 100% Swiss and new production.

That is why I thought that Sigarms would produce a sligtly sub-standard rifle... especially if they are aiming for the 1,000 (US) price range.

The US (Sigarms) is extremely capable of producing a high quality 55X clone, but I can promise you that it will cost more than 1G and not be as fine tuned as a Swiss made rifle. People don't mention Swiss precision for the Hell of it ya know, there is a reason behind that old saying. I'd expect the US version to be more around 1500-2000 (civilian). And to be honest I don't really see a domestic 55X competing for LEO agencies if FN starts to market the ARM to them. The 55X doesn't offer nowhere near as many options as the ARM, unless Sigarms slaps on some rails and a telescoping stock. But then it wont be a 55X now will it  

Also, you guys have to consider the fact that FN is getting away with selling a chunk of plastic (read FS2000)  for around 1600+ bucks. What in the world makes you think that a nice metal 55X clone wouldn't run the same price for civilians, if not more ???  

I also have another link that confirms PE90 / Stg.90 pricing, it is in my bookmarks, I will post it when I find it.

Anyway, everything I just said is my personal opinion and I could be completely wrong. There is actually a very good chance that I am wrong, but I am basing my opinion on what I "see".

No matter how it plays out when SHOT rolls around... I can tell you guys that '06 & '07 are definitely going to be a seller's market  

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I'm sure a Canadian or Swiss person could chime in and make my job easier, but I will try to give a few examples..

Scroll through 'till you see the prices...

A quote of around 3,000 (Canadian), 2600 (US) :  
sigforum.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/630601935/m/166108782/p/2

Here is another quote of 3,000 (Canadian) :
www.blueline.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?p=48413&sid=be700a10727c4d76ca05e42cface686d

Now these are the civilian legal PE90s of course... but they are 100% Swiss and new production.

Sig 550 from my local dealer ( www.landro.no ) : 2958.94 $
Sig 550 from tmpguns.ch (Swiss dealer) : 2210.54 $

Ho lee fuck, HK21 2773$
http://www.tmpguns.ch/tmp17.html
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:32:58 PM EDT
[#7]
It will be called the SIG 556 to represent the NATO caliber and is part of the new 55X line of SIG weapons

MSRP is $1400

Remember who told you first
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:22:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It will be called the SIG 556 to represent the NATO caliber and is part of the new 55X line of SIG weapons

MSRP is $1400

Pure Conjecture

.... and you know it !

Why don't we all just wait 2 more weeks to see what really happens  
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:40:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for clearing that up bones21.

To show my appreciation:

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:47:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

To show my appreciation:

www.canadiantactical.ca/Images/Sig552T8.JPG

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:28:38 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

To show my appreciation:

www.canadiantactical.ca/Images/Sig552T8.JPG

Uh oh! There's an uncomfortable stiffness in my pants!

Why can't the .goob contract with Sig to build a plant in the US so they can compete with FN-Herstal?

Maybe they'd get better pricing on the M-16 if FN-Herstal knew that Sig was making a play for the .goob replacement contract?

I like this whole line of thinking because it makes the tools at HK scramble. I'll bet they're out bazillions on the whole XM-8/OCIW dustup. Prolly hoppin' mad about it, too.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:48:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

MSRP is $1400

And if this vapor-gun never happens for a whole lot of reasons, I'll remember who told us otherwise.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:09:27 PM EDT
[#13]
If it doesnt look like this I dont want it.  I may consider buying it if I can buy the parts to make it lik this...

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:15:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Please God, please let it be available with non-folding, non-tele stock... and please let it NOT be marked "500" series in any way.

(Goddamn CT AWB)

- BG
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:44:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

MSRP is $1400

And if this vapor-gun never happens for a whole lot of reasons, I'll remember who told us otherwise.

If I'm wrong, everyone suffers. If I am right though...

So guess what SIG is doing right before SHOT (Posted on SIG Forum):

"SIGARMS would like to invite members of the SIGforum to our Exeter facility Monday night, January 30, for a Pre-SHOT Preview Dinner.

This event is for SIGforum members only and attendees will get a chance to see the new SIG guns being introduced at SHOT Show. Attendees will also hear from executives of SIGARMS including our new CEO regarding the product design and development at the company.

Please Note: Information at this dinner is confidential and embargoed until the opening of the 2006 SHOT Show. Attendees will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement regarding information on new products. If you do not wish to sign this agreement or think you will have a problem keeping this information private then please do not RSVP. Sorry, these are the rules.

Space is limited so please RSVP here in this thread.

Date: Monday, January 30, 2006
Time: 6:00pm to 8:00pm
Dinner: 6:30pm approximately
Where: SIGARMS, 18 Industrial Drive, Exeter, NH 03833
"

Seems like quite a marketing effort  just for another DAK gun, dont you think? Plot thickens...
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:10:05 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

MSRP is $1400

"SIGARMS would like to invite members of the SIGforum to our Exeter facility Monday night, January 30, for a Pre-SHOT Preview Dinner.

This event is for SIGforum members only and attendees will get a chance to see the new SIG guns being introduced at SHOT Show. Attendees will also hear from executives of SIGARMS including our new CEO regarding the product design and development at the company.

Please Note: Information at this dinner is confidential and embargoed until the opening of the 2006 SHOT Show. Attendees will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement regarding information on new products. If you do not wish to sign this agreement or think you will have a problem keeping this information private then please do not RSVP. Sorry, these are the rules.

"

Seems like quite a marketing effort  just for another DAK gun, dont you think? Plot thickens...

Perhaps, but even the unveiling of a brand new...I dunno, say polymer frame handgun...would be a newsworthy enough thing require such an agreement.  Considering Swiss Arms' previously reported stand on the matter I'm firmly ensconced in the "I'll believe it when I see it" crowd...or atleast "I'll believe it when Sig Arms puts out the press release."

I hope we see this Sig 556 rifle, but I also hope for the CA AWB to be withdrawn.  In my mind they're both within similar realms of likelyhood.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:19:36 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

MSRP is $1400

"

Perhaps, but even the unveiling of a brand new...I dunno, say polymer frame handgun...would be a newsworthy enough thing require such an agreement.  Considering Swiss Arms' previously reported stand on the matter I'm firmly ensconced in the "I'll believe it when I see it" crowd...or atleast "I'll believe it when Sig Arms puts out the press release."

I hope we see this Sig 556 rifle, but I also hope for the CA AWB to be withdrawn.  In my mind they're both within similar realms of likelyhood.

I know exactly what you mean, I'm just relaying the bits and pieces of information out there. Swiss Arms has always been the limiting factor. Thankfully, and this is why I think a SIG civilian carbine is possible, Swiss Arms is in financial trouble which always leads to new markets being opened, and the gun spoken of in rumor isnt exactly a 550/551/552. It seems to be a new design which may go around Swiss Arms in some strange way.

SHOT show will expose all.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:24:49 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
If it doesnt look like this I dont want it.  I may consider buying it if I can buy the parts to make it lik this...

www.sigarms.com/apps/cmt/img/sg-551-2-sp--large.jpg

+1 Anything other than original would ruin it for me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:46:40 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Considering Swiss Arms' previously reported stand on the matter I'm firmly ensconced in the "I'll believe it when I see it" crowd...or atleast "I'll believe it when Sig Arms puts out the press release.".

Well, I'd have been more inclined to agree with you a few weeks ago, but there have been a lot of Fucktards out there willing to pay $2200 for a PS90, it has to be playing on the other maufacturer's minds that they stand to make some good money selling 'real' guns that people want.

I think we'll see a Sig rifle in some flavor of the 55X variety.

Dave
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:08:03 AM EDT
[#20]

I hear you brother. I guess we find out at SHOT.

BTW, when is the SHOT SHOW?..........................Feb. ?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:30:31 AM EDT
[#21]
I think Feb 9-12.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:33:19 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I hear you brother. I guess we find out at SHOT.

BTW, when is the SHOT SHOW?..........................Feb. ?

Feb. 9th - 12th, 2006
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:49:19 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Remember, nobody is going to buy it at retail price, there are far too many discount firearms dealers on the internet.  My bet is that if retail is approx $1500, most will probably get it for no more than $1200-$1350.

That is still a good deal as a new repo m-14 from SpringField goes for the same cost.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:08:53 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
www.fototime.com/9DB454D913D71D6/standard.jpg

OH....MY....GOD....I'm in love!

I want one!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:10:35 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I'd take that over any of the new stuff coming out...ie...Aug, FN, etc etc.

+1
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 2:56:23 PM EDT
[#26]
I crossed paths with the Sig Le Rep yesterday. He had some short barreled (8 inch I think) F/A rifles and I check them out. My observations, it’s heavy even for a short barrel, no adjustable stock, crappy sights, and even crappier mags. I was not too impressed, however the Rep did say that civilian version S/A should be on the market soon that accepts AR mags, with a collapsible stock for under $1000.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
the Rep did say that civilian version S/A should be on the market soon that accepts AR mags, with a collapsible stock for under $1000.

I'd be on that like a redneck on a free Nascar bumpersticker booth.

wganz

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 11:59:51 PM EDT
[#28]
This 556/55x story is evolving every day. Current story is the new SIG is actually a HK416 competitor but instead of  just adding a piston like HK, it's actually a 550 upper and action with a polymer lower that takes AR15 mags, an AR15 M4 style stock that also folds; handguards feature 1913 rails.

I do believe that SIG isnt going to stand still and let HK's 416 muscle them out of LEO and Federal contracts. They are sure to offer a response, but who knows if that means civilians will be able to buy the newest toys

Could this be the newest SIG stock?

No it isnt actually, but it sure would look good and better than some average M4 stock
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:13:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Just got back from a gun shop here in SLC that was having a SIG day where the local SIG rep was showing off all things SIG. and I learned two things

1: I must have an equinox

2: SIGARMS sent a memo to all their reps saying shut up about the SG55X and P250Dcc. But the guy that owned the shop got no such memo and here is what he said.

"SIG is aiming for under $1000 and will be pushing for august 2006 for the SG55X."

The SIG rep then chimed in with "I dont know what your talking about, but it shoots really well" and then he smiled

The dealer said come see him on the 10th to start pre-ordering

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:45:20 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Just got back from a gun shop here in SLC that was having a SIG day where the local SIG rep was showing off all things SIG. and I learned two things

1: I must have an equinox

2: SIGARMS sent a memo to all their reps saying shut up about the SG55X and P250Dcc. But the guy that owned the shop got no such memo and here is what he said.

"SIG is aiming for under $1000 and will be pushing for august 2006 for the SG55X."

The SIG rep then chimed in with "I dont know what your talking about, but it shoots really well" and then he smiled

The dealer said come see him on the 10th to start pre-ordering

~Dg84
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:05:01 PM EDT
[#31]
I got pretty close to one in Sig's armory. When I was taking a defensive shotgun class.  I liked the look and I'm pretty curious about the performance.  I noted that in future classes they started offering a test drive of the rifle.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:16:07 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Is this a great country or what.

Man, I'm gonna have to buy a bunch of evil guns on spec before the 2008 election.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:24:00 PM EDT
[#33]
I hate to be a wet blanket, but I cannot wrap my head around the idea that Sig is going to...

Make a domestic 550

Build it as well as Swiss Arms

Utilize AR mags

Sell it for under $1,000 (unless it's polymer where it should be steel)

Again, if I'm wrong as can be I'll be the happiest man on earth, I really will be. I'd love to have a 55X series gun, but about 95% of the allure is that it's Swiss craftsmanship. If it's like what Armalite did to the AR-180, I will not drop a nickel on one. It needs to be the equal of the Swiss guns, not a crappy imitation.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:46:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Swiss arms that makes the 55X takes apart and retools all there machines if 1 of the rifles off the assembly line doesnt shoot to there standards off the production line. Now I seriously doubt any company in the USA can say the same. Whatever comes out for SIGARMS USA will probably be a watered down rifle.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:06:17 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I hate to be a wet blanket, but I cannot wrap my head around the idea that Sig is going to...

Make a domestic 550

Build it as well as Swiss Arms

Utilize AR mags

Sell it for under $1,000 (unless it's polymer where it should be steel)

Again, if I'm wrong as can be I'll be the happiest man on earth, I really will be. I'd love to have a 55X series gun, but about 95% of the allure is that it's Swiss craftsmanship. If it's like what Armalite did to the AR-180, I will not drop a nickel on one. It needs to be the equal of the Swiss guns, not a crappy imitation.

Amen and Amen !

This is what I have been saying too.

The current Swiss production PE90's are 2600+ US, how can Sigarms pull off an equal quality clone for ~1 Grand....

I'm just not seeing it happen.

I will be on a list to buy one the day of SHOT, if it is eye candy to me, but if it is a mixed bag of goodies, then I might pass.

I can stand to spend around 1 G on a non-AR rifle that has a nice piston OS and has sexy looks.... even if it is not made to Swiss precision  

While we are all complaining about "this or that", I think that we will all be holding our breath to see what FN has to offer in the ARM dept. before we "bite" on the "mystical" Sigarms 55X.

Hell, if it turns out to be a 550 upper on an AR lower I will still be happy because it shows that Sigarms loves us civilians and are giving a nice effort. We will be getting crumbs from their attempts at LEO contracts.... at this point, can any of us really complain

I mean Sigarms is inviting people to come to NH for a dinner and preview of the new rifle.... They are top-notch in my book and I will continue to support them even if their offering isn't "exactly" what I wanted.

3 Cheers for Sigarms

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:34:02 PM EDT
[#36]
My local class 3 said that they are going to be getting them in sometime, and that he's going to take preorders soon....  I need to go change my underwear now...

Woody
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:54:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Here is a pic of my Custom Barrelled SIG SG551.
I found a "beater" 550, stripped it down, sold off all the parts, then put the bare recevier on one of Larry Gaglio's 551-LB Kits, then chopped the barrel to 16.25" OAL.
I wound up with a profile as close as possible to the SG551 SWAT, WITHOUT having to go the SBR route (SBS/SBRs are not legal in Alabama).
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:27:27 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Here is a pic of my Custom Barrelled SIG SG551.
I found a "beater" 550, stripped it down, sold off all the parts, then put the bare recevier on one of Larry Gaglio's 551-LB Kits, then chopped the barrel to 16.25" OAL.
I wound up with a profile as close as possible to the SG551 SWAT, WITHOUT having to go the SBR route (SBS/SBRs are not legal in Alabama).
alpinetek.netfirms.com/guns/SG55X/551kbtn.jpg

I officially hate you
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:32:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Tonight was the official SIG Pre-SHOT dinner where SIG showed off their newest toys to www.sigforum.com members. Anyone that attended was sworn to secrecy till SHOT. Surely something has leaked to someone somewhere...

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:04:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Tag for good info...

Mike
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:20:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Tag

If the SIG doesn't materialize, then its back to buying more uppers for my AR15 lowers and a VEPR K.

Details hopefully will be available the first day of the Shot Show on Thursday. I'm trying to get some pics ASAP. ARFCOMers will be the first to see them once/if I can get them. I want the copy of the full length barrel 550.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:31:57 AM EDT
[#42]

Any dealers out there taking preorders?

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:56:27 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm looking also.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:08:34 AM EDT
[#44]
I would pay up to $1500 for one.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:18:31 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Rep did say that civilian version S/A should be on the market soon that accepts AR mags, with a collapsible stock for under $1000.

I'm not gonna hold my breath on that $1000 figure, especially not until there are quite a few in circulation.  Too many people are excited to see one and they're already selling handguns at $700-1000.  

I would wager the cost will be at least $1500.  They will want to stay competitive with the new FN offerings but still maintain their snobbish markup.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:34:07 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Bigfeet

I got placed on the product notification list today with my SIG dealer. Product is supposed to ship approximately in August 2006. I have no details on the exact rifle configuration until released at the Shot Show or through SIGARMS.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:01:34 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Bigfeet

I got placed on the product notification list today with my SIG dealer. Product is supposed to ship approximately in August 2006. I have no details on the exact rifle configuration until released at the Shot Show or through SIGARMS.

Feel like sharing their contact information?  Feel free to IM me...

Thanks,
Bigfeet
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:19:25 PM EDT
[#48]
I am on Ordnance Outseller's notification list.

They are located in FL and have some of the best damn prices on pistols I've seen. I can only assume
that they will have a great price on the 556.

Shoot them an e-mail and ask them about the rifle... They will put you on a notificaton list.

Contact James : Ordnance Contact Info.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:21:59 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I am on Ordnance Outseller's notification list.

They are located in FL and have some of the best damn prices on pistols I've seen. I can only assume
that they will have a great price on the 556.

Shoot them an e-mail and ask them about the rifle... They will put you on a notificaton list.

Contact James : Ordnance Contact Info.

Thanks for the info. Ordnance Outsellers is a FANTASTIC dealer.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:24:10 PM EDT
[#50]
P250Dcc?
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top