Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:36:11 AM EDT
[#1]
The smith looks nice, the only Springfield pistol I have shot was a 4 inch 1911 WWII spec. It was a disaster.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 10:37:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Shes pretty understanding to let you have all those toys and get no sex from you.

Ditch the adjustable sights..
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 11:15:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So I think I have decided that if I do get a 1911 for my next sidearms it will be the SAI MC Operator.

You won't be disappointed in the MC Operator.  My only suggestion would be to ditch the rubber grips and put on some Gunner Grips.  Or even the Cocobono grips.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 11:23:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I think you're doing yourself a real disservice by not considering the Taurus 1911.

I am not a 1911 guy, but I really like my Taurus.

Something you and I agree on. I like it much more than the SA officer's size 1911 I had for a short time.

My PT-1911 is my favorite of the three 1911's I currently own. A pretty meager 1911 collection by gun board standards. But I love them all...

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 11:33:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Shes pretty understanding to let you have all those toys and get no sex from you.

She gets LOTS of sex from me. She just always wants more!
She's been getting it all she wants now that she's buying me a new sidearm!

I am going with fixed sites. That's all that is on the MC 0perator anyways.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She gets LOTS of sex from me. She just always wants more!
She's been getting it all she wants now that she's buying me a new sidearm!

I am going with fixed sites. That's all that is on the MC 0perator anyways.

My current (and ex) wife knows that I am happier when I get an occasional toy as well. Of course, I don't need no bribe to get my freak on!

Except for a collection or target shooting, I don't know why ANYONE who intends to use their sidearm as a defensive weapon would have adjustable sights on there anyways. They're not carry friendly. And IMO they're ugly.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 11:41:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So I think I have decided that if I do get a 1911 for my next sidearms it will be the SAI MC Operator.

Good choice! You'll love it.

Now make sure you get a good holster for it!

www.miltsparks.com/VM-2.htm
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 11:43:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll either be getting a Blackhawk SERPA thigh rig or have Gene at High Speed Gear INC. make me a thigh rig.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 11:46:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll either be getting a Blackhawk SERPA thigh rig or have Gene at High Speed Gear INC. make me a thigh rig.

Going to open carry?
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 11:47:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Going to open carry?

On my ATV and outdoors. I don't CCW, but I may start with the drug dealer neighbors that live below me.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 11:48:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Going to open carry?

On my ATV and outdoors. I don't CCW, but I may start with the drug dealer neighbors that live below me.

If you plan on CCW, nothing is better than a Milt Sparks.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 12:44:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Going to open carry?

This man speak with straight tongue.
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 12:58:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/12/2007 1:09:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Going to open carry?

open carrying in a thigh rig would be hilarious... a thigh rig would have made the video of the new hampshire ccw guy even funnier than his crossdraw  glock rig

get the serpa belt rig...
Link Posted: 10/13/2007 7:30:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Well I went to my local range to try some guns and I decided on a HK USP Elite. The 1911 just did not work for me comfort wise. The HK shot just as good as the Springfield TRP I though, recoiled less, and was more comfortable.

Thanks for your help guys.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top