Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/20/2005 12:14:57 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Human Rights Campaign

www.hrc.org

hrccornerstore.myimagefirst.com/store/resources/products/medium/16310000000.jpg

Every so often I'll see a car with one of these on the back and a DOD sticker on the front (Enl/Ofc).

WTF, Over

Link Posted: 1/20/2005 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#2]
So I guess this is the new Fag Tag that is going to replace the rainbow?  Always good to know who to avoid!
Link Posted: 1/20/2005 1:01:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh what fun one could have with a yellow paint  pen.  Make it into the inequality sign with one diagonal slash.
Link Posted: 1/20/2005 3:02:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Oh what fun one could have with a yellow paint  pen.  Make it into the inequality sign with one diagonal slash.

There ya go.....

Link Posted: 1/20/2005 8:30:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I see those gay bumper stickers all over the place.

You know they wanted to use pink and purple, but we'd have been on to them sooner.

Equality for SOME!

Good copy, thanks.

You had to ask that question that many times before you understood the answers?  

Oh wait, I see the rest of your posts.  Yeah, I can see why it took that many times for you to finally figure it out.
Link Posted: 1/20/2005 8:31:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Do you have a picture? I was just asking what that meant to a friend of mine the other day.. so it means gay rights huh?
I thought it was an alumni thing for Michigan..

Blue & Gold?  No that's for  Naval Academy, Cal Berkeley and UCLA
Link Posted: 1/20/2005 8:39:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So I guess this is the new Fag Tag that is going to replace the rainbow?  Always good to know who to avoid!

It isn't new. I have seen these around town for years.
Link Posted: 1/20/2005 8:52:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There ya go.....

Very good...
Link Posted: 1/20/2005 11:00:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There ya go.....

img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/809886/gayrights.jpg

Link Posted: 1/20/2005 11:37:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
USN Chief Warrant Officer 2

Also, at least back in 1966 when I was a member, Cub Scout Den Chief.  Maybe the BSA should sue, since they have a long tradition of dislike for....um.... (COC violation not typed )
Link Posted: 1/21/2005 12:12:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Yep there use to be one on the back of my truck.........replaced it with a Bush 04 sticker.
Link Posted: 1/21/2005 12:36:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Yep there use to be one on the back of my truck.........replaced it with a Bush 04 sticker.

Doesn't it amaze you how many people are scared of you?
Link Posted: 1/21/2005 12:40:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There ya go.....

img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-8/809886/gayrights.jpg

I saw one of the 88 stores that had similar in a pin form about a year ago, it was white on a black background though,

I havent seen one of them bumper stickers here.
Link Posted: 1/21/2005 12:49:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/21/2005 8:34:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Is there some connection between firearms and sexual orientation that I am unaware of?

I try my best to recruit people that traditionally vote against gun rights into the gun rights movement and it only takes a few jerks with a random comment here and there to undo everything.  Do you want to engage in a civil war to maintain your right to keep and bear arms?  Or would you rather subvert the evil party that keeps trying to take our freedoms away?

Examples of some of my efforts:

Palouse Pink Pistols IPSC match
Palouse Pink Pistol Article in local paper
AP version of above story
Seattle Time Editorial based on interview with me
Palouse Pink Pistols website (I'm a charter member)
Missoulia Montana article on Boomershoot
Newsweek article on Boomershoot
Outside Magazine article on Boomershoot

When I talk to liberal reporters and writers I want to be able to dispel their stereotypes of gun owners being red necked, racist, gay-bashers.  They think that if we have guns we will shoot people just because we don't like the color of their skin or because we saw a couple guys holding hands.  I want to be able to say that we just want to enjoy our sports, protect our homes, families, and communities.  That we aren't a threat to anyone except those that would do us grave injury.  And I feel like I am stabbed in the back when this kind of crap happens.  I can spend hundreds of hours on pro-gun activism and have it all pissed away by ONE person talking trash.  People believe what they want to believe and if they hear just one person make a derogatory comment or see just one post that confirms their bigoted beliefs about us then my efforts have just been flushed down the toilet.

If you don't believe me about how fearful they are (to the point of being irrational) take a look at this email I got from a lesbian friend of mine.

I don't care if you have strong feelings against gays but please don't express them in the context of firearms.  You just shoot us all in the foot when you do that.  Please, please, shape up.  We are slowly starting to win this war against us and the people on the front lines do NOT appreciate having jerks sticking it to us from the rear.
Link Posted: 1/21/2005 8:50:49 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
We are slowly starting to win this war against us and the people on the front lines do NOT appreciate having jerks sticking it to us from the rear.

Link Posted: 1/21/2005 9:14:03 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
We are slowly starting to win this war against us and the people on the front lines do NOT appreciate having jerks sticking it to us from the rear.

Link Posted: 1/22/2005 6:05:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Boomershot is making a good point. Don't trivialize it.

Every year, there are fewer young people in the shooting sports than there was before. Demographics is destiny, guys... we are sliding further into minority status, and further into the abyss.

When I was a kid you could by milsurp rifles and handguns through the mail.  The local high school had a rifle team.  Those days are never coming back, and in 40 years, we'll be saying the same thing about what we have today.

Our survival depends upon our ability to bring new people into the fold. Many of us go out of our way to help young people come up to speed, or to try to 'turn' liberals into gun-friendly allies. This is a critical effort, and we all understand why. The implications of failure are obvious.

So decide what's more important to you - being pro-gun, or being anti-gay. I'm not asking you to welcome people that you dislike with open arms, but I am asking that you weigh the damage that you'll do by driving them away.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2005 9:03:39 AM EDT
[#19]
I agree with Boomer and Mike.  Those that make some of these comments make all of us look like jerks.  Worse, it alienates possible allys who may be or become Pro 2nd Amendment.

Try to be civil.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2005 9:22:39 AM EDT
[#20]
I concur with boomer and mike.  You guys are doing the cause more harm than good.  Isolating a demographic based on where they put their wing wang merely enforces the whatever-phobic stereotype of toothless gun owners.

Edit to add:  For example, these gay gun nuts:

TFS Magnum
Alpecca
Classical Values

Are friends to all gun owners.
Link Posted: 1/22/2005 12:11:16 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I agree with Boomer and Mike.  Those that make some of these comments make all of us look like jerks.  Worse, it alienates possible allys who may be or become Pro 2nd Amendment.

Try to be civil.  

I agree, but, to be fair, in the gun control world, some of the most vociferous gun control proponents have been gays in left-wing organizations. For a glaring, egregious, archetypal example, former Massacusetts state senator Cheryl Jacques, the architect of the new repressive gun laws in Massachusetts, some of the worst in the nation, is one. She surely wins few converts to gay-friendliness among gun owners by her actions, which in effect make every gun owner in MA a criminal until he/she can prove otherwise......
Link Posted: 1/22/2005 12:15:07 PM EDT
[#22]
= ghey
Link Posted: 1/22/2005 12:33:55 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Try to be civil.  

I agree, but, to be fair, in the gun control world, some of the most vociferous gun control proponents have been gays in left-wing organizations. For a glaring, egregious, archetypal example, former Massacusetts state senator Cheryl Jacques, the architect of the new repressive gun laws in Massachusetts, some of the worst in the nation, is one. She surely wins few converts to gay-friendliness among gun owners by her actions, which in effect make every gun owner in MA a criminal until he/she can prove otherwise......

Cheryl Jacques is why I quit HRC....she and the Pink Pistols have gone round and round. I don't know how HRC with be now that she was given the boot. But HRC has never been supportive of the Pistols anyway so....fuck em
Link Posted: 1/22/2005 3:00:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Apparently someone misunderstood my question.  I wanted to know what the symbol stood for.  If a gay is on our side that's one thing, I don't like it but that's a different issue.  BUT, (no pun intended) most of the time they AREN'T on our side.  I would think that a group that gets its ass kicked on a regular basis would be pro-self-defense, but by and large they aren't...like Jews, which is another demographic that I don't understand(by and large) being against guns.  If MY people had been through what they have, weapons would be PART of my religious ritual - no way in hell would I be advocating victim disarmament.  

I don't get it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2005 3:20:43 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Apparently someone misunderstood my question.  I wanted to know what the symbol stood for.  If a gay is on our side that's one thing, I don't like it but that's a different issue.  BUT, (no pun intended) most of the time they AREN'T on our side.  I would think that a group that gets its ass kicked on a regular basis would be pro-self-defense, but by and large they aren't...like Jews, which is another demographic that I don't understand(by and large) being against guns.  If MY people had been through what they have, weapons would be PART of my religious ritual - no way in hell would I be advocating victim disarmament.  

I don't get it.

Those Israeli jews are rather fond of firearms.  The US jews are just spoiled, as are most Americans.  A little time on the front lines is good for the soul and lends clarity to the mind.

As for the symbology and given that in some places gun ownership is viewed as being more aberrant than being gay, perhaps we should come up with a catchy but not-so-obvious recognition symbol?

Link Posted: 1/22/2005 3:35:14 PM EDT
[#26]
They aren't on our side because of the bullshit they see from a lot of gunowners who are far more paranoid about gays and are more than happy to broadcast their ignorance to the world.  If you were on the receiving end of the shit that shows up here and other places from the mouthbreathers don't you think you'ld figure it was far more in your interest to get guns away from them than to get one yourself?

Look at all the guys that slip their leashes and keepers to gay bash here at the least excuse, and the COC keeps it a lot calmer here than other places. And you wonder why they think gunowners are not on their side. in the issues that interest many of them most.  Most people have different things that are important to them, and guess what?  having the latest version of the M4 carbine is important to a really tiny slice of the pie.

If the 2nd Amendment is important to you than you better damn well be recruiting as many people as possible in to your way of thinking about guns instead of alienating a larger portion of the population than that which agrees with you.  (No matter how you measure the number of gays in the overall population from1% to 20%, whatever, it's still a lot larger than the total number of gun nuts.)

Link Posted: 1/22/2005 3:45:15 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I don't get it.

BIG +1

but (pun definitely intended), we seem to trash anything that's not white/republican/christian/hetero

we gotta get the minority/democrat/jewish/gay fella we bullshit with at work to the range with us if we want to keep our guns

i was a waiter down in south florida, and sometimes i was the only straight guy working.  i sure as shit wouldn't bring any of those guys shooting with me due to the high probability of some inbred hillbilly making him feel uncomfortable.

sorta like they might feel here
Link Posted: 1/22/2005 4:07:06 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
someone is wearing that on a hat in this class I'm in.  Is this some kind of fudge packer thing?

It means he's a pirate.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top