BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:51:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am against any law that tells me what I can and cannot do with an item after I purchase it.
If I need a lock, I will take that on as my task...I dont need government intervention to 'help' me.

After this goes through, perhaps they can make a law that says all CCW's need to have their issue trigger lock device attached.....we will all have license to carry locked up weapons.....go ahead and tell me Im crazy......what I am proposing is no crazier than the concept of a capacity limit in magazines would have sounded in the 50's

Jesus H. Christ!  Did any of you READ the amendment???????????????  It does not tell you that you have to use it, it just says that the dealer must provide it.

Have you read the posts in this thread???????  Good grief.

Man, oh man.

Do you have a safe?  If so, you already meet the requirements for this amendment.

We scored a major victory and those of the tin-foil-hat still aren't pleased.

We really can be our own worst enemies at times.

Some would complain about the added cost of a $10-$15.00 trigger lock but think nothing about the added $100.00 cost (or more), by the manufacturer to off-set legal expenses if this bill hadn't passed.

We really need to think about and concentrate on  our priorites on RKBA issues and not argue about stupid, meaningless BS.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:55:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't get the complaint here.  Yeah, it's a needless law requiring trigger locks with new guns.  But what I don't understand are all the doom criers.  Yes, Congress MAY eventually try to pass a law stating locks must always be used.  But they'll hardly need this current addition to do it.  If the grabbers push for it in the future, it won't matter if the locks are already required with a sale or not.  They'll just make it a requirement.  

This is a good bill, and it's necessary to keep the industry from being bankrupted by bullshit lawsuits.   Bitching about this bill because of a non-issue is just stupid, IMHO.  Save the fighting for when it's really important.  You know, like if/when they try to require the locks to be used.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:03:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
99.9% of factory guns already come with integral as well as external locks. someone tell me where the problem is here.

It should not be forced upon those guns that are sold without locks.  The ultimate "LOCK" is the person who owns it.  And I respectfully disagree with your "99.9%" statistic.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top