Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 46
Link Posted: 5/2/2008 8:09:55 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I can't wait for some really, really indignant Senators and Representatives to weigh in on this......

+1

Best of luck to you David.  We're all pulling for you.
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 8:04:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Be extra careful now, David.

It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong.
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 9:23:42 AM EDT
[#3]
i guess the BATF could just say "sorry, that letter must have been lost...." or they could blame it on a fire like SGW/OLY did.

why not have the guy from SGW/OLY just testify in court as to the contents of that letter?  does anyone know what that letter even said?

and good luck.
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 11:07:42 AM EDT
[#4]
sworn affadavit asserting the facts/content of the letter, "to the best of [his] recollection."
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 11:18:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

<snip>

I. Background.
Olofson had previously requested disclosure of the SGW letter
from the government on September 25 and December 10, 2007. The government
refused to turn over the SGW letter. Accordingly, Olofson filed a motion to compel
its disclosure, along with other documents not relevant here, on December 28, 2007.

It may be a small matter, but I wish your counsel would have referred to "other documents not immediately relevant here."
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 5:33:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
everyone with a gsg5 will go to jail.

For paying $500 for an airsoft rifle?

Ok since we got a few days before David goes to trail...can someone explain how a GSG-5 is trouble?
Link Posted: 5/3/2008 10:31:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Ok since we got a few days before David goes to trail...can someone explain how a GSG-5 is trouble?

Because someone had one double/triple on them when it got dirty...  per the prosecutor in this case, a malfunctioning semi-auto = a machinegun in his eyes.
Link Posted: 5/4/2008 5:50:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
i guess the BATF could just say "sorry, that letter must have been lost...." or they could blame it on a fire like SGW/OLY did.

why not have the guy from SGW/OLY just testify in court as to the contents of that letter?  does anyone know what that letter even said?

and good luck.

I think they would lose creditability if they can't locate there own correspondence.   Something like that might even trigger a GAO audit.   Someone with a FFL or a NFA item couldn't pull that.  Having said that, I have several .gov customers that call after losing 3 inch thick reports with backup electronic copy CD's.  I generally burn extra copies knowing that they will call in several months unable to find the report.
Link Posted: 5/4/2008 7:14:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Because someone had one double/triple on them when it got dirty...  per the prosecutor in this case, a malfunctioning semi-auto = a machinegun in his eyes.

OIC

I guess this means I better start cleaning my GSG more often instead of once every 1300rds.
Link Posted: 5/4/2008 10:15:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

GSG thread
Link Posted: 5/6/2008 10:53:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Another news flash. The hearing, and possible sentencing, on the 8th has been changed. New date is the 13th at 1430. Reason giving is that the Judge believes the documents we have submitted deserve serious attention on his part, and he believes the current time table would not allow him to give them the attention they need.
We will hopefully find out on Tuesday what he finds out in his investigation on the submitted documents. Also noteworthy is the fact that the ATF has removed a pertinent document from there web site. One that they claimed was “privileged 6103” information that they had up for public viewing.
Link Posted: 5/6/2008 10:54:52 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<snip>

I. Background.
Olofson had previously requested disclosure of the SGW letter
from the government on September 25 and December 10, 2007. The government
refused to turn over the SGW letter. Accordingly, Olofson filed a motion to compel
its disclosure, along with other documents not relevant here, on December 28, 2007.

It may be a small matter, but I wish your counsel would have referred to "other documents not immediately relevant here."

There are some thins we are not allowed to show yet.  Keep in mind this was written knowing it would be public. I told you, there is a lot more to this.
Link Posted: 5/6/2008 11:23:33 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Another news flash. The hearing, and possible sentencing, on the 8th has been changed. New date is the 13th at 1430. Reason giving is that the Judge believes the documents we have submitted deserve serious attention on his part, and he believes the current time table would not allow him to give them the attention they need.
We will hopefully find out on Tuesday what he finds out in his investigation on the submitted documents. Also noteworthy is the fact that the ATF has removed a pertinent document from there web site. One that they claimed was “privileged 6103” information that they had up for public viewing.

If you want that document it should be cached by Google.  Someone smarter than me can probably find it.

Link Posted: 5/6/2008 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Another update. Just was told CNN decided now was a good time to run the next segment on this issue. It will be airing on Lou Dobbs tomorrow. I’ve been told you will find some interesting personalities weighing in on this one.
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 7:07:24 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Another update. Just was told CNN decided now was a good time to run the next segment on this issue. It will be airing on Lou Dobbs tomorrow. I’ve been told you will find some interesting personalities weighing in on this one.

Hope this is as good as the last two.  And good luck tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 7:35:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Today is tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 7:35:27 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hope this is as good as the last two.  And good luck tomorrow.

Read a bit higher.  Sentencing hearing postponed until the 13th.
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 8:42:43 AM EDT
[#18]
D'oh.  I thought he was talking about "good luck with the Lou Dobbs piece."
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 11:25:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Looks like I’ll be busy with CNN tomorrow morning again talking about some of the information the judge has found so interesting. Maybe I can help clarify a few things for the good folks out there still wondering what’s been going on. Time will tell.

I’ll post a few more picks and drop a note when the next part airs after tonight.
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 12:12:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Ok. A lot of folks have been asking questions about what the ATF pulled down from their web sight to try to hide it from sight. This is a copy of it.

Link Posted: 5/7/2008 1:50:25 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll be tuning in. Gotta love Lou

ETA: Is Kitty Pilgram going to report your story?
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 3:16:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Lou Dobbs' substitute already butchered your last name. (LOL)

ETA:

Some of the info was repeated, and seemed information for those that saw this the first time.

Even my 11 year old brother noted that "its called a malfunction from watching the clip"...what size brain does the prosecutor have? peanut?

Link Posted: 5/7/2008 3:22:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Looked like a good report tonight. It is good to put a face with the name as I missed the earlier reports.
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 3:22:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Nothing about new evidence. Hope someone other than BR is feeling the heat.
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 3:40:10 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Looks like I’ll be busy with CNN tomorrow morning again talking about some of the information the judge has found so interesting. Maybe I can help clarify a few things for the good folks out there still wondering what’s been going on. Time will tell.

I’ll post a few more picks and drop a note when the next part airs after tonight.

BR, what time will you be on tomorrow? What show, LD again?
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 4:41:34 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Lou Dobbs' substitute already butchered your last name. (LOL)

Yea, felt kinda sorry for her on that one.
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 4:44:52 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Looked like a good report tonight. It is good to put a face with the name as I missed the earlier reports.

Go back in the pages here. We have links to the earlier reports. This one diden't bring out everyone, but it brought out a few interesting folks. They are comeing over here around 1000 to talk about the "new" evidence that we put in, and a bit later to talk to Len Savage about it. Not sure when the clips from that will air, but I'm guessing early next week. Morewill be shot frm the courthouse after,and maybe befor the hering on Tuesday.
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 4:46:11 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Nothing about new evidence. Hope someone other than BR is feeling the heat.

I've heard rumors it at meltdown in a few places. Pretty comfortable here for now though. But you know how things go, can turn around on a dime.
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 4:47:04 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BR, what time will you be on tomorrow? What show, LD again?

More interview time tomarrow. Don't know when the next clip will air.

Darn, means I gotta find a new suit...
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 4:49:23 PM EDT
[#30]
If the conviction is overturned can you get your pension back?

Link Posted: 5/7/2008 4:58:28 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
If the conviction is overturned can you get your pension back?

Possably, but their will be lots of red tape. The Army dosen't like the attention from this. Plus I can't get back the lost time from the last 2+ years or my bonus. A lot is lost no matter what. Only way to get a lot of it back is to sue.
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 5:03:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Hmmm, can you Nifong a US attorney? I know suing the fed is tough
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 6:31:48 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Hmmm, can you Nifong a US attorney? I know suing the fed is tough

Their are many avenues, and with the hard evidence in this case it would not be as hard as you think. But no walk in the park either.
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 6:42:38 PM EDT
[#34]

Their are many avenues, and with the hard evidence in this case it would not be as hard as you think. But no walk in the park either.

Is it even possible to sue the BATFE?  Has it ever been successfuly done before?

Shane
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 8:19:19 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Is it even possible to sue the BATFE?  Has it ever been successfuly done before?

Shane

Don't know if it was due to them being sued or not, but didn't Randy Weaver get a pile of money from them after Ruby ridge?(I'm sure he'd have rather had his wife and kid though)
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 8:35:49 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shane

Don't know if it was due to them being sued or not, but didn't Randy Weaver get a pile of money from them after Ruby ridge?(I'm sure he'd have rather had his wife and kid though)

I was always under the empression he sued an won...now I have to look it up.

Edited: They sued the BATF but settled out of court. The case against the sniper who killed Weavers wife was dismissed in a federal court. It's interresting enough that the same Sniper was envolved in the Waco issue years later and had some questionable trigger time there as well.

Link Posted: 5/7/2008 9:51:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Good luck. Could you post page numbers for the Lou Dobbs links? (Or could someone repost them?) I read a lot of this, but I will admit that I didn't read all 58 pages. I'm glad to see you hung in there for so long, lots of guys would have given up.
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 3:49:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Did anyone else who saw the segment notice that the guy standing out in front of the courthouse looked really smug - almost a "I know a secret, and stay tuned and next week you'll find out..." look?  Or do they all look like that to hold your interest?
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 5:36:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Anyone have a link to the latest news story?
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 5:58:54 AM EDT
[#40]
www.cnn.com/video/#//video/2008/05/07/ldt.gov.guns.cnn

If that's not it, look in the list of videos for the title:

From CNN:
The right to bear arms? 3:44
The conviction of a Wisconsin gun owner has people saying the case threatens their right to bear arms.
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 7:07:54 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
www.cnn.com/video/#//video/2008/05/07/ldt.gov.guns.cnn

If that's not it, look in the list of videos for the title:

From CNN:
The right to bear arms? 3:44
The conviction of a Wisconsin gun owner has people saying the case threatens their right to bear arms.

Thanks,

Ya, you have to scroll down but it's there.
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 7:53:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Another fine piece from Lou!
Good luck Bladerunner, I hope you get this conviction over turned.
God bless.
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 8:21:30 AM EDT
[#43]
All I can say is wow!!!  I don't watch CNN and had no idea this was going on.  It's buried here in the legal section..... Scary stuff
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 8:54:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Dang.  Dave Kopel, Rep. Gingrey, Ted Deeds (LEAA).......

You know, if they got one LEAA member for this show (Deeds, whom I didn't realize was President until recently), it'd be cool if they could get another for their next show.

Ken Blanchard (http://www.leaa.org/blanchardprofile.html), whom some of you may know as the "Black Man with a Gun" from the website of the same name.

He's kind of like "The Nuge" of common-sense pro-gun arguments, but with much, much more spit and polish.
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 9:04:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Just finished another interview with Bill tucker from CNN. They are running another segment tonight with some of the new footage. Lot of work to do in very little time but they seem to do well under pressure. Be interesting to see what they come up with.

Link Posted: 5/8/2008 9:07:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 9:29:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Will the new segment be on Lou Dobbs? I have CNN on at work but would like to change the channel
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 10:36:38 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Will the new segment be on Lou Dobbs? I have CNN on at work but would like to change the channel

All the segments are on Lou Dobbs Tonigt show.
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 3:25:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Lou Dobbs Rocks!
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 3:32:48 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I think this link works

www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2008/05/07/ldt.gov.guns.cnn

It does.  Excellent piece.  

Scary monsters...

Shane
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top