Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:11:23 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
All the posters talking about how "he couldve hit the bystander, bla, bla, bla" sicken me.  Learn how to shoot your goddamned gun.  There's a reason I put at least 500 rounds down range thru my carry piece every month.  Even at 500, I still feel like I'm slacking.  There's a reason all my rounds go into a 2 inch square as fast as I can pull the trigger.  Practice, practice, practice, and practice some more.

If you're not prepared to shoot some motherfucker in the face or in the back when lives are threatened and a baby is present, leave your gun at home.

Tell your bud good job and I'll buy the first round.

Fuck criminals.

+1 billion!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:11:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
All the posters talking about how "he couldve hit the bystander, bla, bla, bla" sicken me.  Learn how to shoot your goddamned gun.  There's a reason I put at least 500 rounds down range thru my carry piece every month.  Even at 500, I still feel like I'm slacking.  There's a reason all my rounds go into a 2 inch square as fast as I can pull the trigger.  Practice, practice, practice, and practice some more.

If you're not prepared to shoot some motherfucker in the face or in the back when lives are threatened and a baby is present, leave your gun at home.

Fuck criminals.

I call bullshit. Unless the range is 5 feet and the pistol is a suppressed .22.

I think it was a dangerous shot to take, if that lady had froze her and her kid would have been dead. But the shooter did what he felt needed to be done and walked away and has a video tape of him shooting someone now.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck criminals.

+1

You can't have all the situations as ideal as you would like to... even under those circumstances, you have to what you have to do.

+1

Monday morning quarterbacking is ridiculous. He had seconds to respond, and did the right thing. That video warms the heart.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:15:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
While this may have been a good shooting and the guy was definitely a well practiced shooter, this particualr shooting could have gone very bad, very quick.

Forget about the fact that the perp may have decided to shoot back, he was running away. Forget about the fact that the shots by the clerk were well placed.

What I can't forget though is the fact that if the lady holding the child had not reacted as she did and moved into the scene when she got scared, instead of away from it, there could have been a VERY different outcome. That shoot was close enough to her and the child that the second scenario was a very real possibility.

Glad it turned out the way it did for everyones sake. (except the perp of course, F-him)

It is pretty clear that the perp fired the first shot while he was out of the picture to the right. The clerk was returning fire after being shot at. He did very well under those conditions.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:15:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck criminals.

I think it was a dangerous shot to take, if that lady had froze her and her kid would have been dead. But the shooter did what he felt needed to be done and walked away and has a video tape of him shooting someone now.

An easy position to take, for someone whose life was not being threatened.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:16:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I smiled while watching that vid......
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:17:22 PM EDT
[#7]
glad it worked out in his favor.
i wonder if this video could be used in civil court against your friend?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:18:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck criminals.

The bad guy fired first, that was a huge factor in the clerk opening up on him I would bet.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:21:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
perfect use of the co-worker for cover.

You say it like it's a bad thing -- otherwise perp would have seen the draw.

How was the buddy after the incident (mentally)? Any civil play on the part of the perp/relatives?

BTW, did perp get any shots off? Looks like it right before the buddy opens fire.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck criminals.

Only position I can take. I wouldn't have shot because of the bystanders. That is what I am saying. The shooters "Buddy" posting  VIDEO OF MY BUDDY OWNING A WOULD BE ROBBER!!! Someone got shot, a touchdown wasn't scored. This post is what makes non gun owners think we are all a danger to society. The video when looked at for the first time demonstrates to me a guy that wanted to shoot someone, plain and simple and was so focused on shooting someone he endangered 3 other people. Glad he didn't shoot someone else and that the perp did not shoot someone. But it was irresonsible no matter how you want to justify it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:23:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:24:04 PM EDT
[#12]
yah remember this is from a small lense, high angle camera, the high of the individuals involved, and there actual positions are distorted from above and to the left, you reall cannot tell how close the kid, was, unless that was a very narrow counter they are several feet minimum apart
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#13]
+1 on your buddy shooting the BG.  By the looks of the vid, he went right to a 2 hand shoot.  He wasnt shooting willy nilly, ducking and weaving.  Appears he had some training.  Training is the most important thing a CHL holder can do.  Spending an hour at the range on every Saturday, punching holes in a paperplate is basically useless.    Spend a few bucks on a real training course and see what I mean.

Great job keeping his cool
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:27:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Damn, those bullets had to be close to that kid.

No Shit!  He should of never fired that close..
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#15]
What if what it.  Screw that.  The perp came, your buddy saw, and he put him down.  No one got hurt.  Good shoot.

It is absolutely amazing how people can second guess another persons reaction.  It wasn't you.  

Bad things happen when good people do nothing.

Max
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:29:26 PM EDT
[#16]
is there a news story or other info to go with this vid. btw.. the music added to the vid... dunno.. seems sorta ghey....

and did the perp shoot first? i watched the vid and couldna tell...
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:31:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Music sucks.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:32:25 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
[

Now, conventional wisdom (i.e., ballistic gelatin research) would have you believe that the said .40 JHPs would not overpenetrate, but that is clearly not the case here.

Does this mean that ballistic gelatin is an inaccurate predictor of a bullet's performance?

Uh-oh...I hear the sound of a ps.com poster whose pussy hurts....
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:34:28 PM EDT
[#19]
tag
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:35:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Other than the whole "because he had a Glock" BS at the end, it was pretty good.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:37:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Damn, Damn, Damn.

I am glad it worked out OK.

excist_and_reflect  How is your pal doing now?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:37:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
yah remember this is from a small lense, high angle camera, the high of the individuals involved, and there actual positions are distorted from above and to the left, you reall cannot tell how close the kid, was, unless that was a very narrow counter they are several feet minimum apart

Damn you beat me to it.

Keep in mind the camera we are viewing from is to the left of the action
Camera angle can make things appear way out of perspective if our angle of view was behind the clerk.
We would probably see that the lady and the baby were not that close to the clerk when he fired.

He had good ,control he immediately went to the other side of the counter to check the situation.

I say great job.

To bad the SOB will get out of prison to continue his criminal deeds in the future
While at present he is getting fed and working out on TAX dollars.

Personally I wish the perp were DEAD instead.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:39:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Excellent clip
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:40:39 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
While this may have been a good shooting and the guy was definitely a well practiced shooter, this particualr shooting could have gone very bad, very quick.

Forget about the fact that the perp may have decided to shoot back, he was running away. Forget about the fact that the shots by the clerk were well placed.

What I can't forget though is the fact that if the lady holding the child had not reacted as she did and moved into the scene when she got scared, instead of away from it, there could have been a VERY different outcome. That shoot was close enough to her and the child that the second scenario was a very real possibility.

Glad it turned out the way it did for everyones sake. (except the perp of course, F-him)

It is pretty clear that the perp fired the first shot while he was out of the picture to the right. The clerk was returning fire after being shot at. He did very well under those conditions.

I don't think the perp fired a shot
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:41:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Damn, video keeps freezing up...
I wasn't expecting it to be set to music though!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:42:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:53:47 PM EDT
[#27]
It would have benn nice to hear what went on without the bullshit soundtrack!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:02:57 PM EDT
[#28]
couple of things:
-notice how as soon as he looks up and sees the bg he goes into action, you can almost see him thinking "i'm going to hide behind the big girl and draw"
-he ducks like their is a shot fired at him right as he brings he levels his weapon
-the lady with the kid looks REALLY calm to be in the middle of an armed robbery before the shooting starts
-it looks like the 2nd shot he fired hits the bg (or right around him) and ricochets into the ceiling
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:13:10 PM EDT
[#29]
I would only hope that once I commited to that shooting my placement would be as good.
A post said that two rounds passed through the BG....just illustrates that you need to consider the surroundings.
Good job taking care of the perp before some worse shit happened, didn't look like he hesitaed at all.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:13:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
perfect use of the co-worker for cover.

+1

Whats with the guy acting like a badass at the end of the video, by pointing a gun with look like he is a maniac?  Is that somehow cool in your circle of friends?

I'm guessing the guy at the end is NOT the shooter from the video.  I'll bet the video is unauthorized as well.

Good shoot.  You should train enough that when you have to clear leather, you can do it exactly like this guy did....smooth, fast, and with good accuracy.  Automatically.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:13:53 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
So, a guy comes in to rob the place... your friend pulls a gun, and the bad guy turn around and runs out, and your buddy shoots him in the back 3 times?  Is that what happened?

I'm not saying I disagree, but I don't know that I would have shot him in the back as he ran away.
That could be a long prison sentence in many states.

Or am I missing something in this video.
And, as was asked previously, where did this happen?

Unreal..how bout stfu? Bad guy deserves whatever he gets ,where ever he gets it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:15:05 PM EDT
[#32]
tag for later
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:16:58 PM EDT
[#33]
That video needs an anchor shot.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:18:39 PM EDT
[#34]

Bad guy deserves whatever he gets ,where ever he gets it.

How about the good guy doesn't always deserve what he gets.......gotta keep that in mind also.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:19:05 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck criminals.

Only position I can take. I wouldn't have shot because of the bystanders. That is what I am saying. The shooters "Buddy" posting  VIDEO OF MY BUDDY OWNING A WOULD BE ROBBER!!! Someone got shot, a touchdown wasn't scored. This post is what makes non gun owners think we are all a danger to society. The video when looked at for the first time demonstrates to me a guy that wanted to shoot someone, plain and simple and was so focused on shooting someone he endangered 3 other people. Glad he didn't shoot someone else and that the perp did not shoot someone. But it was irresonsible no matter how you want to justify it.

What the fuck ever.  If he would not have taken action the bg could have killed everyone in there after he got the $$.  People who commit armed robbery aren't exactly rational.
He was threatened and he took action to defend himself and those around him.  Good shoot.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:20:07 PM EDT
[#36]
I skipped all of the pages and just  wanted a quick re-cap on what I have missed?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:20:35 PM EDT
[#37]
ok, so where can I get the music in the video?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
ok, so where can I get the music in the video?

It's the most recent Non-Point record.  Buy it at the store.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:23:01 PM EDT
[#39]
tag

good shoot
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:27:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Calm, deliberate draw behind cover.  Followed his target until there was a clear shot... put 3 shots into perp without even shattering the glass.

What a good shoot.  

- BG
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:28:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Good grief, the amount of second guessing here.  Good guy kept his money.  Bystanders alive.  Shitbird holding people up at gunpoint.... new holes and in prison.   Outstanding!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:32:03 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Good grief, the amount of second guessing here.  Good guy kept his money.  Bystanders alive.  Shitbird holding people up at gunpoint.... new holes and in prison.   Outstanding!!!!!

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:33:55 PM EDT
[#43]
tag
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:35:47 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Watch between seconds 29 and 33 a few times. The clerk draws and then everyone reacts at the exact same time( the female clerk dives back for cover, the male clerk ducks his head and the woman with the baby jumps to the left). There is also a puff of dust or something from the left (possibly where the bullet struck or the concussion?) at the same instant they all react. Then the clerk visibly fires three times in the field of view as the guy is heading out the door.

The first shot was out of frame to the right. One of the two guys fired first but I think it was the bad guy judging from the reaction by the male clerk. I count 4 shots total and the guys "friend" who posted it here says he fired three shots so it certainly appears as if the bad guy shot first.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:38:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Very, very well done. If, God forbid, the moment of truth ever comes for me, its my heart's abiding prayer that my reaction be as swift and decisive, my draw as smooth, and my aim as true and telling, as was demonstrated by your friend.

Respectfully, Leisure Shoot, you're literally dead wrong on this one:

The defender was totally justified in continuing fire until the criminal was neutralized. As long as the felon was on his feet, he had opportunity to 'backfire', or even throw wild, blind shots over his shoulder, in order to facilitate his escape. Such a scenario, allowed by any hesitancy on the defender's part, would have endangered every innocent (-Everything happened so fast  that the other adults didn't even think to immediately take cover!) in the shop.

I know that the defender was reacting to the threat instinctively, and most likely was not even thinking on these terms, but I believe that his actions could be vindicated in any court, with proper representation.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:40:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Bad guy down, good guys standing... Good guy didn't go to jail!

Seems like a happy ending.

I do hope the babies hearing wasn't damaged though.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:42:16 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[

Now, conventional wisdom (i.e., ballistic gelatin research) would have you believe that the said .40 JHPs would not overpenetrate, but that is clearly not the case here.

Does this mean that ballistic gelatin is an inaccurate predictor of a bullet's performance?

Uh-oh...I hear the sound of a ps.com poster whose pussy hurts....

Touché modog.  Not a poster though; just a lurker.

It is a valid question though, and by the looks of it, one that you haven't answered.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:43:09 PM EDT
[#48]
I can't believe some of the Monday morning quarterbacking and all the talk of how this guy should have done this or that.  None of you were there, did the perp have his gun pointed and ready to fire?  I don't know, and either do any of you.  This guy very well may have saved lives.  I doubt to many people have ever been in a situation looking down the wrong end of a gun before, it's all just fantasy for most but you act like you already have everythign figured out.  This guy felt threatened and did what he had to do.  I think by some of the posts here, a lot of you guys would have probably been shot by the perp while contemplating if you should or shouldn't shoot and if your 180 grain jhp's were going to propery expand.  The video shows real life guys, that is how the majorty of these things happen.  If any of you feel that you can't do what this guy did, I would suggest not packing ever because in my opinion a person who is afraid to use their gun and hesitates when your life is on the line is more likey to end up dead than if they were unarmed.  Look at the guy in the Southcenter Mall in Washington.  From what I read he hesitated and he got shot and paralyzed because of it.  There are so many people here that I swear pray that the shit would hit hit the fan, but I think the only shit going on ,is some of them shitting in their pants if they ever had to face a life or death situation.  As or the guy talking about well, they had insurance, insurance doensn't bring people back to life.  I say good job to the guy, too bad the perp didn't die.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:45:18 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Watch between seconds 29 and 33 a few times. The clerk draws and then everyone reacts at the exact same time( the female clerk dives back for cover, the male clerk ducks his head and the woman with the baby jumps to the left). There is also a puff of dust or something from the left (possibly where the bullet struck?) at the same instant they all react. Then the clerk visibly fires three times in the field of view as the guy is heading out the door.

The first shot was out of frame to the right. One of the two guys fired first but I think it was the bad guy judging from the reaction by the male clerk. I count 4 shots total and the guys "friend" who posted it here says he fired three shots so it certainly appears as if the bad guy shot first.

still not seeing it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:49:45 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
What are the chances glock fotey here checked to see if there was anyone behind the glass?

Personally, its not enough to say that everything worked out.  The requirement is that, before the trigger is squeezed, the shooter knows for certain the shot will be good.  So, I'm not saying its a bad shoot--but the fact that everything worked out is not good enough.  As people have pointed out, there's not enough information.  That the guy seemed to be a decent shot is heartening, though.

So, I have no real opinion about this shooting.

Regarding my personal feelings on these sorts of things, shooting isn't really necessary.  The motel owners were presumably insured against this, and noone other than the insurance company is losing any money.  And the insurance company isn't either, really, as the underwriter is amortizing their risk--they make money anyway.  Besides, if the register operator is doing everything right, there isn't more than a few hundred dollars there anyway.  This is why most business owners quite prudently advise their employees, "Just let them have it."

The other half of the shooting, though, is fulfilling a duty to one's society.  These repeat offenders will probably just continue to, well, repeat, if not shot three times in the back.  However, personally, I am very skeptical of dealing out justice without proper trial.  Ten seconds just isn't long enough to run your own internal judge, jury, and executioner to deal out the capital punishment.  I'd say that if you want to make society a safer place to live in, there are better ways than CCW.  But then, thats just me.  I think most people here think CCW is pretty much the only way to a safe society.

In any case, its a risky affair, and I'm glad it turned out good for everyone (including the guy who got nailed--perhaps this will convince him to stop "repeating").  However, it is unfortunate that the baby almost certainly sustained hearing damage.

This is probably the biggest load of bullshit that I have seen spill from someone's keyboard in a long time. He wasn't "playing judge, jury and executioner", he was defending his life against an armed criminal.

I am impressed though, most of the trolls don't bother to buy a membership.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top