Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 1:21:39 AM EDT
[#1]
In 1994, ethnic Mexican drug trafficking organizations operating "super labs" (laboratories capable of producing in excess of 10 pounds of methamphetamine in one 24-hour production cycle) based in Mexico and in California began to take control of the production and distribution of methamphetamine domestically

That pretty much says it all.

Most of those 7700 will cook far less than 10lbs in their entire lifetime.  A 10lb cook will take about 100,000 pills, more depending on the amount of pseudoephedrine in each pill.  Those amounts are just not available to your local "trailer house" cook.  Almost all of these types of cooks will be less than an ounce and most will be a few grams.

Edited to correct numbers.

Link Posted: 8/1/2004 1:54:18 AM EDT
[#2]
That was 1994, this is 2004 it has all changed since then

I was using the data you provide from the source you quoted, as I stated I do not give a lot of credibility to the dea's press releases. They are not statistics nor are they complete.  Nor are they necessarily accurate. It described the mom and pop operation as less then 10 lbs. What does that mean??? Again as I stated this is no data to back up a position, this is a press release type statement about meth.

Real data is that which provides no inference, it states facts and numbers. All of the research I have done supports my thesis that meth is localy produced and locally consumed this dea info also supports my thesis and even though I would not use it as a source in any opinion paper.

At any rate we both agree that Meth is bad, and meth heads are headed to one place .... the morgue.

We just differ in our opinions on how they get their meth….

Kinda a  acedemic argument but an informative one.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 3:51:58 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Meth is a big problem here, and had me lose a friend, Brook.   For those who have not seen her...

Chicks love meth. Keeps them thin and enhances sex.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 3:53:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
They should just give meth away to the methheads it would be a self extinguishing problem. Meth is like Darwinist evolution put in fast forward.

I knew (emphasis on past tense) some ppl who got into meth.... they are all gone now either killed, suicide or Od’d.

It's pretty tough to OD on meth.  It definately shaves years off your life though. probubly even more than tobacco.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 3:55:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted: It's true. Outlaw biker gangs run most of the manufacturing in Cali.  They give it to NLR (Nazi Low Riders) and PEN1 (Public Enemy Number 1 aka "Peni death squad") to distribute. AB (Aryan Brotherhood) controls it on the inside, with NLR and PEN1 doing the foot soldiering. www.washblade.com/2003/10-3/news/national/tina-meth-pipe.jpg
Typical meth pipe made from a gas station airfreshener/horoscope/paper rose container.  Looks like about 1/4 oz of speed.

I don't think outlaw motorcycle gangs have controlled Meth production in California for a long time.  The Mexicans took over years ago.

How does anyone control meth?

Violence and the implied threat of violence upon competitors.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 4:02:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Meth has already far surpassed cocaine in poularity in Cali. In fact it has resulted in a price drop of cocaine, due to decreased demand. That price drop has created a small spike in cocaine use amoung high school kids.

Meth and coke are both cheaper than good weed.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 4:11:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Meth=Desoxyn=ADD medicine for your kids...

Both adderall and dexadrine are amphetamines given to your kids...

Ritilain is speed lite used less and less....

strange world we live in....
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 4:32:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I second that meth is the worst drug in use today. As i said I cannot imagine what people are thinking.... Why not smoke some crack or heroin or somthing... At least there are recovered crack addicts... I dont know of any recoverd meth heads. It seems that once you get hooked you will either die or become a psych case. Does anyone know of any documented cases of meth recovery?? I have not found any.

Both the allied powers and axis powers used this, yet we never heard of crazed rampaging methheads cooking up after WWII, why not?
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 4:37:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Meth is a big problem here, and had me lose a friend, Brook.   For those who have not seen her...

Sounds like no downside, as long as you don't mind changing your beatch every three months or so.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 5:14:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like no downside, as long as you don't mind changing your beatch every three months or so.

As long as you yourself don't partake from your stash.  Unless I'm wrong meth has some of the same 'limp dick' side effects like coke.  
That crap is real big here in MO also (along with pot growing).  No big surprise, with the moonshiner mentality of the Ozarks.  

Speed is probably the only drug I'd remotely consider taking if it were legal.  But only actual uppers manufactured by pharmaceutical companies, not crystal meth made from pool chemicals or ????? cooked by some tweaking toothless inbred trailer trash.  And even then only the bare minimum for "wide awake" purposes like a long road trip (got to be at x location by y time tomorrow so I'll have to drive all night straight thru), not for recreational purposes.  
Friend of my ex roommates stayed with us for a while.....before I knew he was a tweaker  Never actually saw him use but all the signs pointed to it. Luckily I had found my own place & only had to deal with him for the rest of the month until I moved.  Otherwise I probably would have shot the twitchy little thieving freak.  Up all night banging & clanging in the basement, snooping around, etc.  I could maybe have tolerated his speed use if he was working 2 full time jobs to pay off bills/child support or something but the creep was unemployed (or unemployable).   Roommates finally gave him the boot when stuff started coming up missing after I had left.  Before I moved out I had stashed all my stuff worth stealing (guns, stereo, CD collection) at my parents house, leaving just the bare minimum of clothes.  Even then the little fvcker stole a few of my t-shirts.
Link Posted: 8/1/2004 5:50:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Speed is probably the only drug I'd remotely consider taking if it were legal.  But only actual uppers manufactured by pharmaceutical companies, not crystal meth made from pool chemicals or ????? cooked by some tweaking toothless inbred trailer trash.  And even then only the bare minimum for "wide awake" purposes like a long road trip (got to be at x location by y time tomorrow so I'll have to drive all night straight thru), not for recreational purposes.

Methamphetamine, in therapeutic doses, is very safe.  While cocaine can cause cardiac arrhythmias that can kill you with the first dose, methamphetamine does not.  Coke can also cause coronary artery vasoconstriction leading to heart attacks.  I had seen several very young (20-40 y/o) patients as an intern who presented with completely unexplained heart attacks.  They would finally admit to cocaine use when you confront them with positive drug tests.

We will always have about 5% of the population who can't 'stop' when using a narcotic.  They keep chasing that 'first high' and don't stop until they are forced to do so.  Either they completely crash and can be 'saved', or they die from HIV/Hepatitis, are shot or stabbed in a bad drug deal, wrap their car around a tree, OD, etc.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2004 11:51:24 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As long as you yourself don't partake from your stash.  Unless I'm wrong meth has some of the same 'limp dick' side effects like coke...

Yep. male impotence, constipation, paranoia, depression....
Link Posted: 8/2/2004 4:28:49 AM EDT
[#13]
they dont use ammonium nitrate, they use anhydrous ammonia
Link Posted: 8/2/2004 4:53:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like a bunch of addicts who also like Star Trek.  Are they using the lithium to make dilithium crystal-meth?
Link Posted: 8/2/2004 5:05:13 AM EDT
[#15]
These people are working with some nasty stuff.  

MSDS Annhydrous Ammonia
MSDS Red Phosphorus
Hypophosphorous Acid

Last time I was IL to visit a friend (Southern IL, almost a Kentuckian) he had his ammonia tank tapped by the meth makers.  These people are lucky they haven't blown themselves up or let their eyes and lungs burn out.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2004 5:37:52 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Sounds like a bunch of addicts who also like Star Trek.  

For some reason tweekers all like to think they are master electricians and mechanics. Someone else mention his tweeker roomate hamering away all night in the basement, thats typical behavior for a male tweeker.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top