Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:27:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Most if the movies everyone is posting aren't scary and blow, especially the conjuring.  

I saw The Thing when I was 8 and was pretty scared, it's one of my favorite movies.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:27:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I was in high school when that came out. I knew a friend of a friend who said he dropped acid and went to see it....

He said he threw up in the theater
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Event Horizon...gets you every, single time due to the fact it was the first movie where all of the sound effects used were psychologically engineered to make you resonate.

I was in high school when that came out. I knew a friend of a friend who said he dropped acid and went to see it....

Sounds like a great idea. What could go wrong?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:27:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh, and THIS FUCKING KID
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:28:14 PM EDT
[#4]
No Country For Old For Men
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:30:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Event Horizon...gets you every, single time due to the fact it was the first movie where all of the sound effects used were psychologically engineered to make you resonate.
View Quote

Came here to post this.  Every. Single. Time.

If you haven't seen Event Horizon, and you like scary movies, you're missing out on the best.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:30:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote
It was the exorcist first for the sound effects. There were reported cases of ushers becoming sick from listening to the soundtrack.

I read this in a book a long time ago. Don't recall the title. I remember the description of buzzing bees being used in the soundtrack to set people on edge.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:30:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes. One of the few horror movies I've ever seen that I thought was scary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Ring

I love horror movies.  I saw this one twice in the theater and still had no idea what the creepy girl ghost looked like. I cover my eyes like a bitch during the scary parts. It isn't nearly as intense on DVD.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:31:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Not sure I have ever been "scared" by a movie other than when I was a little kid.  However, the original Terminator and Army of the 12 monkeys would be close.  both of them made me wonder if when I stepped out of the darkness of the theater if there would be any civilization left.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:32:22 PM EDT
[#9]

I am a huuuge horror movie buff and these were the ones that I hold close to my heart from viewing as a kid:

Phantasm (I met the Tall Man Angus Scrimm years ago at a Horror Convention) BOY!!!
Salems Lot (The original, not the fag-o-riffic remake)
Exorcist
Rosemarys Baby
Suspiria

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:32:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Saw a lot of slasher flicks when I was young, I think the original Nightmare on Elm Street was scary. Saw it when I was high school. The Wrong Turn movies, at least one and two were pretty creepy and somewhat realistic.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:33:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking LOL.
Who in the fuck does something like that?
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:35:01 PM EDT
[#12]
My wedding video...
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:36:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Most if the movies everyone is posting aren't scary and blow, especially the conjuring.  

I saw The Thing when I was 8 and was pretty scared, it's one of my favorite movies.
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:38:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

not to sound like a wuss but "The Conjuring" and "Sinister" had a few scary scenes.ed the fuck out of me
View Quote
It's been a long while since I've seen any movie that has scared / creeped me out, but Sinister has come as close as any.

The first Paranormal Activity had a few creepy moments also.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:39:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Hellraiser
Exorcist
Jaws
Amityville horror as I was young then
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:40:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Only a few have

1.) The Conjuring - No explanation needed

2.) Dead Silence - I hate clowns and dolls. Homicidal ghost clown doll/puppets? F*** THAT S***!! Watched it with my girlfriend at the time and she couldn't stop laughing at my reactions during the movie

3.) It - See above, still refuse to rewatch this movie. Clowns are bastards.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:41:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Blair Witch Project when I was 10.

Found out it was bullshit about 2 years later and laughed at myself.
View Quote

It came out when I was 20.  I knew it was bullshit, but...

I was a literal basement dweller at the time.  Some friends and I rented a town house, and the semi-finished basement is where I stayed.  Couple the last minute or so of the movie with a hot water heater in the corner of your room, and some pussy bitch ended up sleeping on the couch for the night.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:42:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

It was the exorcist first for the sound effects. There were reported cases of ushers becoming sick from listening to the soundtrack.    

I read this in a book a long time ago. Don't recall the title. I remember the description of buzzing bees being used in the soundtrack to set people on edge.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If that's the case, I stand corrected then...my favorite "scene" of the Exorcist, was the white subliminal face that flashes for a fraction of a second:

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:43:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Psycho.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:44:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My wedding video...
View Quote

Yeah those are nasty to watch.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:45:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Fire in the sky

I hate alien abduction movies
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:46:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Fire in the sky

I hate alien abduction movies
View Quote

Yeah, no shit.  CE3 still gives me the willies every time I watch it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:46:45 PM EDT
[#23]
When it first came out, Jaws scared the shit out of just about everybody that saw it. Alien was much the same.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:47:45 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
If that's the case, I stand corrected then...my favorite "scene" of the Exorcist, was the white subliminal face that flashes for a fraction of a second:

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k125/turbocivic_01/467738_original_zps2swpgdqn.png

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k125/turbocivic_01/467738_original_zps2swpgdqn.png

Captain Howdy

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:48:54 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Plus the subliminal messages of Captain Howdy (The Demon Pazuzu)

That was the scariest movie ever in it's time.

ETA: Beat.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:49:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ao8tv8nSTbo/SPjl_hRd3nI/AAAAAAAAAF8/2JS3mUgXkos/S1600-R/Exorcist+subliminal.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ao8tv8nSTbo/SPjl_hRd3nI/AAAAAAAAAF8/2JS3mUgXkos/S1600-R/Exorcist+subliminal.jpg

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:50:01 PM EDT
[#27]
The Birds (1963)

Seeing that as an 8 year old kid, in a dark theater will seriously mess you up.
Didn't watch that movie again until I was in my 40's... In the daytime... I may or may not have had a Winchester 97 with me while I watched it.

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:50:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I love horror movies.  I saw this one twice in the theater and still had no idea what the creepy girl ghost looked like. I cover my eyes like a bitch during the scary parts. It isn't nearly as intense on DVD.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Ring

I love 'em too. But usually, they aren't scary. Maybe a little creepy here or disturbing there, and I assumed The Ring would be the same.

Then that bitch came crawling out of the TV and eeeeeeeeeeeeek!
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:51:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Jaws got me good when it came out.  We were sitting in the middle of the front row.  I think I levitated about 6' when the head fell out of the bottom of the boat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jaws. Close second would be a toss up between Exorcist or The Omen.

Jaws got me good when it came out.  We were sitting in the middle of the front row.  I think I levitated about 6' when the head fell out of the bottom of the boat.

My sister and I took my mom to go see it and when that head dropped down and the whole audience screamed my mom broke the strap on her purse she was holding in her lap.  I myself was looking around for orange barrels to pop up when friends and I went skiing later in fresh water.

I saw Psycho when I was a little kid when the movie theater mis titled what it was showing and parents dropped us off thinking it was The 101 Dalmatians.    
The whole audience was crying little kids To this day black and white tile bathrooms creep me out.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:51:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Not as much scary as disturbing, "The Human Centipede". I can t believe no one else listed this. I was disturbed for weeks.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:51:52 PM EDT
[#31]
It's in French, but Martyrs is terrifying.  It takes a lot to disturb me, but they managed to do it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:53:08 PM EDT
[#32]
contagion
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:53:20 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

It's in French, but Martyrs is terrifying.  It takes a lot to disturb me, but they managed to do it.
View Quote

Is that the one where they skin the girl to discover the meaning of life/transcend the physical?

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:54:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Jaws

The Shining
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:55:21 PM EDT
[#35]
While not really a horror film, I found "Jacob's Ladder" to be unsettling the first time I saw it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:58:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

^ this
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

^ this

I didn't know this. It was the only movie to give me that "sinking" feeling when I watched it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:58:59 PM EDT
[#37]
As a little kid, the dang flying monkeys in the Wizard of Oz caused me to stay up at night a lot
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:59:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I am a huuuge horror movie buff and these were the ones that I hold close to my heart from viewing as a kid:

Phantasm (I met the Tall Man Angus Scrimm years ago at a Horror Convention) BOY!!!
Exorcist
Rosemarys Baby
Suspiria

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Exorcist
Rosemarys Baby
Suspiria

Suspiria... man that flipping soundtrack is nuts. One of my all time faves. The horror is ultraviolent, in your face and obnoxiously Italian. Almost cartoonishly over the top at times, but definitely unnerving. The juxtaposition of strawberry jam colored blood, colorfully lit backdrops of dizzying patterns topped off by a blaring, relentless synth-jungle drums soundtrack filled with loud whispers, evil chanting, screams and howls puts one on edge and can almost make you sick.

It's in French, but Martyrs is terrifying. It takes a lot to disturb me, but they managed to do it.

Arfcom made me watch that one. One of the few recent flicks that really disturbed the crap out of me. Excellent flick.

Eraserhead is another one that completely unravels me. First time I saw it when I was in my early 20's I thought it was just weird and didn't make any sense. Watched it again in my mid 30's- ended up turning it off. Made me ill. Anyone who's ever had anxiety over an unwanted birth should probably not watch this one.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:01:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Angel Heart with Mickey Rourke really freaked me out.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:05:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
In no particular order...

Original Amityville Horror
The Omen
Ghost Story
Salems Lot ( the scene with the floating kid scratching the window..ugh)
View Quote

I went to bed with blankets wrapped around my neck after seeing that movie when I was a kid.  It was even edited for television.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:07:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Jaws

Signs. The way the aliens talked/communicated disturbed the hell outta me.

Alien

The Relic

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:07:36 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:08:32 PM EDT
[#43]

You and I might have tied.  I have the edge because of what actually happened (so far).

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:08:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Evil Dead....the original...back in the 80s

Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:09:05 PM EDT
[#45]
I was really freaked out by the first Paranormal Activity.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:11:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Chucky....any of the Chucky Movies....I fucking hate that
little red headed devil doll.....fuck i hate that doll....
still hate that fucker
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:11:54 PM EDT
[#47]

13 Ghosts fucked me up when I was a kid.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:14:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

No Country For Old For Men

View Quote

This and, Exorcist, Jaws, Aliens.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:15:04 PM EDT
[#49]
The Mothman Prophecies.

very creepy with all the weird noises and such.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 11:16:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Event Horizon
View Quote

Another vote for Event Horizon. It's messed up...
Page / 7
Top Top