Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:39:13 AM EDT
[#1]
The closest to a POS is a Winchester 1300.  For some totally fucked up reason which I still do not understand, it dumped the last shell out of the magazine tube while cycling the action (there was already a shell on the follower, and it was being pushed into the chamber).  I don't trust it anymore.

I have never owned a Mini 14 or Mini 30, but the one I shot was a total jammomatic POS.

Hoppy8420
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:39:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Cetme made by Century...Extra large POS!

+1

- BG
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:46:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like Intratec has been listed a few times......

Intratec AB10

Problems:
*crude sights
*horrible trigger pull- way to heavy
*front end heavy for a 3" barreled job
*feeding problems w/ certain ammo
*would not cycle w/ certain ammo

and the most important
*** barrel shot out!  Don't know if it was like that originally or who ever machined the barrel made an error....

I still have it though.....
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:59:57 AM EDT
[#4]
my Bushmaster XM15 "shorty" with AK74 style muzzle brake...

this was the first time I ever owned a gun that wouldnt function right out of the box, it was very un-reliable, I couldnt shoot two rds without a jam

I did everything to try and make it reliable, it never failed to mal-function

Im glad I got rid of the POS

*tried new gas rings
*used new USGI mags
*installed green followers
*installed new gas tube
*new gas key
*new extracter & spring
*tried different types of ammo

most finicky firearm I ever owned
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:07:35 AM EDT
[#5]
AB10...*sighs* what was I thinking?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:24:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Colt .45 Combat Comander.  It had been "customized" by a "gunsmith".  Yeah he fixed it allright.............
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:27:40 AM EDT
[#7]
AMT Hardballer.  That thing jammed with ball ammunition.  I'll never buy an AMT product again.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:28:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Universal M1 carbine and a Marlin .22 that the clip kept falling out of.  My Model 1 AR15 build sucked until I changed the barrel.  The barrel they shipped me had grooves in the chamber that caused Catgeory III malfunctions (double feeds).  That was several years ago.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:50:23 AM EDT
[#9]
AMT hardballer and TEC-9; equally shitty
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 2:26:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

and this shitty AR-15. Never had problems with guns until now.

unless you count the SKS with the "tac-trigger". I put the gun down and the thing fired off a whole clip. I hit the deck.

A whole clip????????   Last time I checked, an SKS was magazine fed.

Last time I checked, I really didn't care if you call it a clip or a magazine, and it wasn't the stock "feeding device" anyway.

Still not a clip.  Two different things.  So, you don't care if you don't know the difference.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 2:37:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Jennings .22 and Tec .22
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:08:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Auto-Ordnance 1911  FTF out of the box, ramp was like a wash board front site said goodby after 300 rounds trigger was bad too.  Love my Kimber.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:16:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:26:26 PM EDT
[#14]
VZ24 Mauser damn thing shoots about a foot high and 2 feet to the right at 100 yards with the front post fully adjusted
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
S&W 686

Wow.... never had a problem with mine. Carried it for a few years, and it would eat anything I shot
through it without a gltch. I wish I could have kept it.....
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:38:11 PM EDT
[#16]
CETME.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:42:16 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Jennings .22

A buddy GAVE me his Jennings when I was stationed out in KS. He'd bought it at a funshow, and
when we'd gone to testfire it, the extractor flew off into the sand. (Never did find it.)

It functioned better without the extractor, than with it!

He finally gave up in disgust and gave it to me. I sold it at the next funshow for 1/2 case of ammo.
(Sucker!)
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:48:17 PM EDT
[#18]
9mm jennings & tec-9.           please dont tell..it was a long time ago, Im a different person now
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:59:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Davis 380
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Astra a70.  Gave that sucker to my brother in law just to get it out of my sight.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:10:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Mini-14 Ranch rifle.  

+1!  Wanted one for a long time, finally spent the $$ and found out that they are widely known for (as one member put it) "minute of trash can lid accuracy".  A true statement for sure!  Not even a good plinker.  The plus side is it pushed me into AR's.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:25:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have a Universal M-1 carbine. I love mine shoots great.

Mine was prolly just a fluke, got it used.

It was accurate, just would not function. Tried different mags, cleaning, everything. Gas port was open.

Danny

I've had problems with my universal feeding FMJs buy it cycles softpoints no problem.  Guess its a feed ramp thing. But the biggest POS was the AP-9 (immitation tec-9) I owned. Wow, what a turd.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#23]
This one is easy....M1 carbine X 3. Three of the biggest POS non operating rifles I have ever owned. I don't know how the generation of American men issued an M1 managed to reproduce before being killed while armed with such a piece of underpowered inaccurate no functioning PIECE OF SHIT.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:29:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Haskell JS45.   Like a great big Jennings, frame and slide were zinc.  But the darn thing was fairly accurate (fast COM hits at 15 yards no problem) and never ever jammed, even with hollowpoints!  This was in 1993, I made $6.13 an hour and lived on my own.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:31:22 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

and this shitty AR-15. Never had problems with guns until now.

unless you count the SKS with the "tac-trigger". I put the gun down and the thing fired off a whole clip. hit

A whole clip????????   Last time I checked, an SKS was magazine fed.

Last time I checked, I really didn't care if you call it a clip or a magazine, and it wasn't the stock "feeding device" anyway.

you may not care because you are an idiot, but for informed firearms owners, there is a big difference.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:44:40 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't think it counts , but my Ex wife had a J22 I used to cuss at when I met her.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:06:35 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
my Bushmaster XM15 "shorty" with AK74 style muzzle brake...

this was the first time I ever owned a gun that wouldnt function right out of the box, it was very un-reliable, I couldnt shoot two rds without a jam

I did everything to try and make it reliable, it never failed to mal-function

Im glad I got rid of the POS

*tried new gas rings
*used new USGI mags
*installed green followers
*installed new gas tube
*new gas key
*new extracter & spring
*tried different types of ammo

most finicky firearm I ever owned

that is really weird, I have the same rifle, I have had zero problems with it. You should have contacted Bushmaster the probably would have warrantied it for you.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:15:44 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I've had good luck so far. My former step-father was a fan of the Lorcin series, which eventually saved both our lives. When I was twelve he got drunk and decided he was going to kill me with his Lorcin .380. He racked the slide, pointed it at my face and pulled the trigger. Evidently a magazine problem prevented it from feeding. When I was fourteen he got drunk and beat up my mother. I decided I was going to shoot him with his Lorcin 9mm(he had been threatening my mother with it, and lost it in the struggle). I picked it up off the floor and attempted to chamber a round. When I released the slide the round became lodged between the feed ramp and the slide. In my state I was unable to clear it. It did make a decent club however, which I used to pistol-whip him until the police arrived. He survived, but had some pretty serious nerve damage in his face and a broken jaw.

Lorcins save lives.

...and thats all I have to say bout' that.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#29]
i've got a raven .25 sitting in the back of the safe.  it goes out to the range maybe twice a year, just for the hell of it.

Scary part is its never failed, and considering the length of the barrel, i'm actually somewhat impressed with its accuracy (6" groups at 10-15 yards -- not great, but all things considered.....)

The closest to a POS would have been a rem 522 I almost bought, but when the guy I was going to buy it from brought it to the range so I could shoot it first, it was jamming every other shot, even after it being cleaned on the spot.   But I didn't buy it, so that doesn't really count.  Bought a Marlin bolt .22 instead, still have it, no way in hell amd I selling it either
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:54:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Henry Lever action 22
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:35:37 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Ruger Mini-30 Ranch Rifle.

Damned thing was a jammomatic with factory 5-round mags, let alone any hi-caps.

Got rid of it, but quick!

I have one that I have over three thousand rounds through and all it needed was a little polishing on the feed ramp and it works flawless.
But now the barrel is hosed.

Edited to add-now that I think about it, the thing never did shoot very well even before I hosed the barrel. Right now I am lucky to get a 2' group at 100yds. I just use it for an ammo-burner anyway. Now that it is "broke-in" it bump-fires something awesome.

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:45:42 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Remington 597 22LR, jamed ever 3 rounds and it was brand new.

+1

and a Walther P22  
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:49:37 PM EDT
[#33]
My Colt Sporter. Wouldnt fire worth a shit... Called Colt and they said that I had to enter my LEO or Military ID # first into the rifle before shooting. I said I wasnt LEO or GI. Colt said OH thats why it wont shoot.

Honestly though, None of the guns I own/owned were POS because I did my research PRIOR to buying. Doesnt mean you wont get a lemon. Just reduces the risk.

Now that I said it, watch my M44 be a POS.

i shouldnt have said anything//// Now I just jinxed myself.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 12:07:32 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
M3 Grease gun.  Actually it belonged to Uncle Sam, but I really couldn't believe what a pos it was.

Ditto. The only thing good about 'em was all the admiring looks from guys that didn't know what a POS it was; heavy, ugly as hell (f*cking thing looks like a muffler with a pistol grip), uncomfortable POS wire stock, less accurate than even a Mini-14 (2nd on my list of POS guns), and stick your finger in the bolt to charge the thing? GOD, how I hated that thing...
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top