Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 2:25:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Now imagine a woman with Ds that has lost that much weight.  I don't have to.

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 2:26:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're pretty new here so I'll spell it out for ya:    She's got a fat gimp in here basement.     I thought it would be sorta obvious to everybody.  

never thought i would be envious of a fat gimp locked in a basement

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 2:29:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know what he would look like.

I do know he would not smell good.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 2:29:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
He will be an even bigger man due to the gases building up in him after death.

Like a human hot air balloon Just attach ropes and a basket.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 2:30:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The human body is well adapted to starvation conditions.  With no caloric intake, it will burn fat preferentially.  Nobody would claim it's actually good for you as you need things like vitamins and other micro nutrients not to mention essential amino acids.  

Here's a pic of an extremely fat guy who lost weight fast.  He needed surgery to correct the loose skin. ETA same guy as above AFAIK.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=109885.0;attach=222596;image

This guy is eating.  He is in ketosis, not ketoacidosis.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 2:33:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You saw her naked, didn't you.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#7]
There were no fat people in the concentration camps.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 2:36:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Sounds hot. Post some pics in botd.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 2:39:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This guy should manufacture holsters from all that loose skin.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 2:39:44 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You saw her naked, didn't you.

Yeah, something like that.  

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 2:44:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

There was some food, at least in the beginning. And Euros weren't very big in the late 30's early 40's.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 2:49:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

There were probably plenty, but a steady diet of cabbage soup, bread and daylight to nightfall forced labor will put an end to that pretty quick.

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 2:51:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There were probably plenty, but a steady diet of cabbage soup, bread and daylight to nightfall forced labor will put an end to that pretty quick.

Less to dispose of too.  Sick but true, they were running low on coal.

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 3:13:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I worked with a man who was 17 when the Japanese invaded the Dutch East Indies (now called Indonesia) in 1942. He said the first thing the Japanese did was round up all men and boys over 15 and put them in prison camps. According to Willie, the fat ones were the first to die because of the starvation diet of one cup of watery rice and fish entrails per day. The skinny ones lived.

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 3:21:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I worked with a man who was 17 when the Japanese invaded the Dutch East Indies (now called Indonesia) in 1942. He said the first thing the Japanese did was round up all men and boys over 15 and put them in prison camps. According to Willie, the fat ones were the first to die because of the starvation diet of one cup of watery rice and fish entrails per day. The skinny ones lived.  

Probably from MI and/or multi organ failure (as related to ketoacidosis).  Died fat?
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:23:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably from MI and/or multi organ failure (as related to ketoacidosis).  Died fat?

This is interesting.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:48:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How are you going to tell whether they died from effects or from despair?  People in difficult situations, which they perceive to be beyond hope, have been known to sit down and die.  Not a mark on them, not starved to death, just dead.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:55:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

The human body is well adapted to starvation conditions.  With no caloric intake, it will burn fat preferentially.  Nobody would claim it's actually good for you as you need things like vitamins and other micro nutrients not to mention essential amino acids.  

Here's a pic of an extremely fat guy who lost weight fast.  He needed surgery to correct the loose skin. ETA same guy as above AFAIK.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=109885.0;attach=222596;image

Had a friend in highschool-college that was morbidly obese his whole life...I mean 400+lbs fat at his peak.

Doctors scared him straight and he went on a medical diet....no alcohol, measured daily calorie intake via ensure type drinks and light exercise. He lost the weight quick and ended about 220 lbs and looked alot like the picture quoted (loose skin and all).

What I found strange is parts of his body looked disproportionate. His head was humongous and he had a really long neck compared to the rest of his body.

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 4:59:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:00:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:00:21 PM EDT
[#21]
I guess all I have to add is: Bring out the Gimp!

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:02:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This guy should manufacture holsters from all that loose skin.

Lampshades !
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:03:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Shut up I'm starving!
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:04:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Pics of the gimp or GTFO!
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:07:44 PM EDT
[#25]
The fact of the matter is there is a heroic amount of ignorance about basic metabolism out there. As it is, ar154all is one of the few people in this thread that understands some of the more essential points that must be addressed when you're discussing straight, strict starvation as opposed to calorie restriction.

Case in point, a lot of people here are (ignorantly) citing the holocaust as an example. The concentration camp ration varied based on prisoner workload, and as many historians point out varied further due to theft, shortage, and other conditions, but even accounting for those factors the daily ration was still usually in excess of 1,400 Kcals. This is a very important distinction when talking about starvation metabolism - calorie restriction still allows some micro and macro nutrients into the diet, allowing the body to more efficiently utilize its energy stores.

Many people mistakenly assume that because fat=energy that people with more fat will universally survive longer, the reality is that without external inputs the human body just isn't capable of efficiently metabolizing that fat. Hell, most people don't realize that if you restrict caloric intake too severely that a person will actually STOP losing weight.

The fact of the matter is that in a true utter starvation scenario, the fat people will die first. They will die fat.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Exciting novel idea
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:15:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some people say a very fat man will last a good long time, living off his fat stores, if you give him only water, but no food. He would die once he ran out and leave an emaciated corpse.

I forget the name of the study, but some researchers about 20 years ago followed closely an individual in his early 20's that weighed over 450 pounds. He broached the idea of simply ceasing to eat with his doctors...and proceeded for the next calendar year to eat nothing. He received a couple of vitamin supplementation treatments during this period, but he ate nothing and drank only water. His vital stats all stayed reasonably good and he dropped a little over 200 pounds and was none the worse for wear having gone through the ordeal.

An important distinction to make here is supplementation. The body simply does not have the stored mineral and vitamin resources to effectively metabolize fat stores on a zero calorie, zero input diet. Hell, phosphorous alone is very important for metabolic processes, and hypophosphatemia is a major killer post-starvation due to the metabolic demands that increased caloric intake cause after a period of starvation (refeeding syndrome). Similarly to refeeding syndrome, in a strict 0 calorie environment a fat person may exhaust their body's supply of essential minerals and electrolytes necessary for basic metabolism to function - and this exhaustion may occur long before the body has sufficient time to adapt to a starvation diet.

In a strict 0 calorie, zero input situation the fat will tend to die fat and they will tend to die sooner than the skinny.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:17:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Exciting novel idea

Se7en
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:30:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

no

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 5:35:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:
He will be an even bigger man due to the gases building up in him after death.

So in other words, he'd look just like Michael Moore?      

Probably smell like him, too.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 7:56:38 PM EDT
[#31]
If the situation were truly:

no excercise, no food whatsoever and plenty of water

you would likely die within a week or so from an electrolyte imbalance, specifically hyponatremia from not getting any salt.

The body stores very little carbohydrate relative to the amount of fat and protein.  With vigorous activity, you will likely have no more stored glycogen (multiple glucose molecules stuck together) in muscles or the liver after about 18 hours.  It would take longer if there was no exercise but within a couple of days at the most.  

Fat is 'burned' in the Krebs/Citric Acid Cycle which requires intermediates from either carbohydrates or proteins.  In your scenario, the body still has plenty of proteins from muscle to help run the Krebs/Citric Acid Cycle.  The brain and red blood cells prefer to use glucose which can still be made from protein via gluconeogenesis.  In the Krebs Cycle below, you'll notice that you need a lot of nutrients.  If your fat prisoner is given nothing but water then they would become vitamin deficient but that can still take weeks.

http://intelegen.com/nutrients/mitochondria_2.jpg  

If they could eat a small amount of food, say, a tiny bowl or rice/meat per day and limited their water intake then they could easily die skinny.  

Link Posted: 4/7/2012 8:03:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
He'd probably look like hammered shit one way or the other.

fuckin LOL
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 8:14:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some people say a very fat man will last a good long time, living off his fat stores, if you give him only water, but no food. He would die once he ran out and leave an emaciated corpse.

I forget the name of the study, but some researchers about 20 years ago followed closely an individual in his early 20's that weighed over 450 pounds. He broached the idea of simply ceasing to eat with his doctors...and proceeded for the next calendar year to eat nothing. He received a couple of vitamin supplementation treatments during this period, but he ate nothing and drank only water. His vital stats all stayed reasonably good and he dropped a little over 200 pounds and was none the worse for wear having gone through the ordeal.

An important distinction to make here is supplementation. The body simply does not have the stored mineral and vitamin resources to effectively metabolize fat stores on a zero calorie, zero input diet. Hell, phosphorous alone is very important for metabolic processes, and hypophosphatemia is a major killer post-starvation due to the metabolic demands that increased caloric intake cause after a period of starvation (refeeding syndrome). Similarly to refeeding syndrome, in a strict 0 calorie environment a fat person may exhaust their body's supply of essential minerals and electrolytes necessary for basic metabolism to function - and this exhaustion may occur long before the body has sufficient time to adapt to a starvation diet.

In a strict 0 calorie, zero input situation the fat will tend to die fat and they will tend to die sooner than the skinny

In a strict 0 calorie scenario everyone would die quickly regardless of their fat stores.  In the study quoted a few posts up, there was supplementation with yeast (high in sodium, phosphate, etc.) and multivitamins thereby avoiding early death from electrolyte disturbances and maintaining the ability to metabolize fat.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 8:34:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Similiar to Andersonville prison in the Civil War. The robust, husky men dwindled and died far more often than the wiry, small guys.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 8:36:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Why would you want to do that to yourself?  

BES is no fat man
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 8:42:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How are you going to tell whether they died from effects or from despair?  People in difficult situations, which they perceive to be beyond hope, have been known to sit down and die.  Not a mark on them, not starved to death, just dead.

Not a shrink, I dont know.  Chemistry in the body is irrefutable; however.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 9:01:00 PM EDT
[#37]
IIRC, the survivors of the Essex were all plump before the ordeal and emaciated at it's end.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 9:10:34 PM EDT
[#38]
What I want to know is how much sleep did the OP not get last night......

Strange question.
Link Posted: 4/7/2012 9:26:26 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're pretty new here so I'll spell it out for ya:    She's got a fat gimp in here basement.     I thought it would be sorta obvious to everybody.  

never thought i would be envious of a fat gimp locked in a basement  

The sweetest part is, you just know she's gonna be working fatty over twice nightly, just to see if he thins out quicker.    

hot psychotic curiosity is a beautiful thing.      

Is this the appropriate time to ask "What's his screen name?"                   Who's missing?              Who fent?    

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top