Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/28/2006 6:46:20 PM EDT
[#1]
How much would it cost to purchase a p22 with suppressor and tax stamp? Overall, how impressive was the package?
Link Posted: 11/28/2006 7:02:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
GOT IT! Now I just need the suppressor....and beamz.

Congrats.  Now go form a trust for the can purchase.  Saves you from getting fingerprinted, photographed, cleo signoff and speeds up the process.

I've heard about this trust thingy.....but how exactly does it work?
Link Posted: 11/28/2006 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Congrats.  Now go form a trust for the can purchase.  Saves you from getting fingerprinted, photographed, cleo signoff and speeds up the process.

I've heard about this trust thingy.....but how exactly does it work?

not to be the "do a search guy" , but hit up the supressor or full auto forum here
it been covered in detaio many times

In a nutshell you form a corperation

the corperation owns the Class 3 stuff as a corperate asset

anyone that is a corperate officer can possess the item ,as long as they are legally able to do so
its not a loophole for a felon

the transfer involves no background check and no cleo sign off is needed
Link Posted: 11/28/2006 8:03:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/28/2006 8:10:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
HK UMP.

If you want a suppressed machine pistol, why not go with a round with some mass behind it.  
.45 acp

Me too suppressed in 45.

OR

OR

The one on the left. Left is 700 Nitro Expess, Right is .270WIN
Link Posted: 11/28/2006 8:34:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How much would it cost to purchase a p22 with suppressor and tax stamp? Overall, how impressive was the package?

Tactical Inc is selling Nickle P22/TAC65 combo for 499 +200 for the stamp.
Link Posted: 11/28/2006 8:43:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Pistol-wise, a Sig P226 with a Gemtech Trinity or an AAC Evolution 9 silencer.

Hey me too.

Link Posted: 11/28/2006 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7b/Mark23SuppressedRight.jpg

Details on that can? Looks like a homemade.
Link Posted: 11/28/2006 9:03:53 PM EDT
[#9]
VSS Vintorez, 9x39.
Link Posted: 11/28/2006 9:20:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Details on that can? Looks like a homemade.

Ha ha noooo.  Thats a very popular can.  Hes just painted it and the paint is coming off.
Link Posted: 11/28/2006 9:23:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.strangemilitary.com/images/content/9540.jpg

Dupe!....from page one.

Anyone know what exactly this is and if it is opperational or if they even use it.

yes they use it.   I think it is from germany.   It is a noise reduction device because of neighbors or something like that.

AFAIK it's to test ballistics of the tank's canon.
Link Posted: 11/28/2006 9:33:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
HK UMP.

www.gem-tech.com/Images/UMP%20Large.jpg

If you want a suppressed machine pistol, why not go with a round with some mass behind it.  
.45 acp

Me too suppressed in 45.

Cause you can suppress 9mm dry.

So a 45 has too much charge to be suppressed without liquid in the can?  If you were to shoot a 45 dry, is it that much louder than a comparably suppressed 9mm?
Link Posted: 11/28/2006 11:44:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
HK UMP.

www.gem-tech.com/Images/UMP%20Large.jpg

.45 acp

Me too suppressed in 45.

Cause you can suppress 9mm dry.

So a 45 has too much charge to be suppressed without liquid in the can?  If you were to shoot a 45 dry, is it that much louder than a comparably suppressed 9mm?

Without going into lengthy explainations, 9mm suppresses much easier than .45 does.
Link Posted: 11/28/2006 11:51:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Good, but kind of big for the hand, IMHO.  Plus, 2K for a pistol is a bit expensive.
Link Posted: 11/28/2006 11:55:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/29/2006 12:11:29 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Since you guys are arguing how come no one mentioned the MP5SD pic quoted over and over in this thread is also airsoft ?

the MP5K in the pics is one of the older airsoft guns tht took little cartridges that had a BB loaded into them

OMG you know about the old marui A3s!!!!  airsofter! ban him!!!!

oh wait....   shit....

is there a write up about how silencers work, for the laymen... i know how they work, but i dont quite understand the whole wet/dry thing.(unless somone wants to make a quick explination for me.

im gonna go check the nfa forum now(b4 anyone gets on me
Link Posted: 11/29/2006 12:50:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/29/2006 12:57:27 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
is there a write up about how silencers work, for the laymen... i know how they work, but i dont quite understand the whole wet/dry thing.(unless somone wants to make a quick explination for me.

The report from a gun is nothing but rapidly expanding gasses.  One way to reduce the sound is slow down the rate it expands (ie baffles in the silencer).  

Another way is to reduce the expansion itself by "collapsing the flame" with a liquid.  Ever watch a shuttle launch?  Notice there is a water tower right next to the launch tower?  Contrary to popular belief, it's not there in case of fire (wouldn't be of much use in a fire burning from tons of liquid oxygen, hydrogen, solid rocket fuel, hydrazine, tetroxide, etc...)  That water is dumped in a channel underneath the launchpad to collapse the flame from the rocket motors to reduce the noise.  Works the same with a silencer.
Link Posted: 11/29/2006 1:04:26 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The report from a gun is nothing but rapidly expanding gasses.  One way to reduce the sound is slow down the rate it expands (ie baffles in the silencer).  

Another way is to reduce the expansion itself by "collapsing the flame" with a liquid.  Ever watch a shuttle launch?  Notice there is a water tower right next to the launch tower?  Contrary to popular belief, it's not there in case of fire (wouldn't be of much use in a fire burning from tons of liquid oxygen, hydrogen, solid rocket fuel, hydrazine, tetroxide, etc...)  That water is dumped in a channel underneath the launchpad to collapse the flame from the rocket motors to reduce the noise.  Works the same with a silencer.

cool thanks!

so, is the can just damp? how does it remain wet?
Link Posted: 11/29/2006 1:16:35 AM EDT
[#20]
oh also, one of the guns i would LOVE to have.

rsilvers pic

i got to fondle one of these at a gun shop here in CA a while back(years) since the c3 dealer has moved.(damn i miss him too, i still havent found a new fav. dealer/friend) but he showed me one of these. i fell in love.

i was wondering, where does one get the m9 with the slide lock, from kac? does the AAC m9-sd setup work with the slide lock(i dont see why it wouldnt, but i dont know anything about silencers)

(i know the legalities of ca, i have no intention of getting a can while im here, but i would love to get the slide lock m9 without the barrel with the notches to start... i know its back -asswards but hey... its a start)
Link Posted: 11/29/2006 4:25:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/29/2006 5:08:03 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

i41.photobucket.com/albums/e281/azhammer/marr/DSC00404.jpg

Now go to the suppressor forum and start the great .22 suppressor fight that happens every month.  

My vote, as always, is the SWR Warlock.
Link Posted: 11/29/2006 5:10:10 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

That is the problem with wet cans.  They don't stay wet.  At the range you can have a bucket with water and constantly recharge the can.   Lotta people use grease instead of water as it stays in place better.  I mean what use to a real operative is it to have a weapon that won't retain the sound dampening qualities?

But even grease is blown away under use.  I have a H&K 45 with can and I use lithium grease.  For the first few shots it is VERY quiet.  But it gets louder as the grease is blown away.  Still, those first few shots are probably quieter than an equivelent dry can.

Still, I'll never buy another wet can.  Pain in the ass.  

Link Posted: 11/29/2006 8:36:04 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Since you guys are arguing how come no one mentioned the MP5SD pic quoted over and over in this thread is also airsoft ?

the MP5K in the pics is one of the older airsoft guns tht took little cartridges that had a BB loaded into them

The one I posted? Are you shittin' me?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Link Posted: 11/29/2006 10:27:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Where's that heavy machine gun guy... I'm sure six cans + 1 minigun would be the shiznit!!

I'd have to go with a supressed Glock Carbine.
Link Posted: 11/29/2006 11:15:12 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is the problem with wet cans.  They don't stay wet.  At the range you can have a bucket with water and constantly recharge the can.   Lotta people use grease instead of water as it stays in place better.  I mean what use to a real operative is it to have a weapon that won't retain the sound dampening qualities?

But even grease is blown away under use.  I have a H&K 45 with can and I use lithium grease.  For the first few shots it is VERY quiet.  But it gets louder as the grease is blown away.  Still, those first few shots are probably quieter than an equivelent dry can.

Still, I'll never buy another wet can.  Pain in the ass.  

do you just dip the can in the water?  or pack the open areas with grease?(pack may be the wrong word)
Link Posted: 12/2/2006 4:37:02 PM EDT
[#27]
***UPDATE***

Shot it today.....ran like a top with CCI blazers and target, and also the Remington gold.

Had just a few light strikes with the Remington subsonics.

ALSO: I've already got the Laser and the bbl thread adaptor for the suppressor coming in the mail as we speak. I also purchased a Tac65 suppressor from AZEX and will be sending in the $200 check next week! I CANT WAIT!

I will keep everyone posted with pics on progress.
Link Posted: 12/2/2006 4:55:34 PM EDT
[#28]
P22 + SWR Warlock

USPc9mm + SWR Shadow 9

USP9mm + SWR Shadow 9

MARK23 + "yet to be named AAC .45 can that is hearing safe when fired dry".

Marlin lever action + SWR Warlock

M4gery + SWR SpecWar 2

Ak + SWR Omega 30

Viper XL 50BMG + AAC 50BMG can (yet to be released)

Uzi + SWR Qd3k

I own all the above in my mind.

In reality I own all the weapon platforms but only the Warlock as my first  can in a line of many.................

My P22 with Warlock eats up all .22 ammo.

Link Posted: 12/3/2006 1:51:22 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
***UPDATE***

Shot it today.....ran like a top with CCI blazers and target, and also the Remington gold.

ALSO: I've already got the Laser and the bbl thread adaptor for the suppressor coming in the mail as we speak. I also purchased a Tac65 suppressor from AZEX and will be sending in the $200 check next week! I CANT WAIT!

out of curiosity, what'd you pay for you TAC65?
Link Posted: 12/3/2006 2:26:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Has anyone said ICBM?

No, I didn't read through the whole thread.
Link Posted: 12/3/2006 3:10:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Here you go, P22 with SWR Warlock.  

Link Posted: 12/3/2006 3:32:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Full auto AR15, chambered in 10mm with integral suppressor.

I'd shoot 200 grain subsonics out of it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2006 8:35:09 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
***UPDATE***

out of curiosity, what'd you pay for you TAC65?

Bought it off of a friend/member here for $125 He had it transfered over in my name from the dealer.

He hadnt even picked it up yet (never got around to sending in the check to the ATF) So It's a pretty good price I'd say for BRAND NEW.
Link Posted: 12/3/2006 9:21:58 AM EDT
[#34]
M4
Link Posted: 1/22/2007 8:27:31 AM EDT
[#35]
***ANOTHER UPDATE***

Well, here is the P22 suppressed and "beamed"

Now I just need a brass catcher.....I'm wanting to get a black slide for it too.

Link Posted: 1/22/2007 8:34:32 AM EDT
[#36]

It's mine, it's a .45 and the only thing it really needs now is a happy switch
Link Posted: 1/22/2007 8:46:56 AM EDT
[#37]
To anyone who has said "ICBM" you obviously havn't been near a launch, I was over five miles away from a Minuteman III test launch and it sounded like the sky getting ripped open.

That being said I think that I would really love a surpressor for a 16" Steyr AUG.

Speaking of here is a question for those whose can-fu is stronger then mine, I'm going to be  purchasing my first can shortly (If I can find a C3 dealer in North East Ohio, which is proving to be a trick) is it true that you can use a 5.56mm surpressor on .22lrs?
Link Posted: 1/22/2007 8:57:57 AM EDT
[#38]
I want a can so badly.
Link Posted: 1/22/2007 9:05:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Here ya go...

My P22 wit beemz and TAC65.

Link Posted: 1/22/2007 9:08:09 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
***ANOTHER UPDATE***

Now I just need a brass catcher.....I'm wanting to get a black slide for it too.

i41.photobucket.com/albums/e281/azhammer/marr/Picture299.jpg

i41.photobucket.com/albums/e281/azhammer/marr/Picture300.jpg

if you wanted the regular slide, why did you buy the nickle slide?
Link Posted: 1/22/2007 9:18:12 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
***ANOTHER UPDATE***

i41.photobucket.com/albums/e281/azhammer/marr/Picture299.jpg

i41.photobucket.com/albums/e281/azhammer/marr/Picture300.jpg

if you wanted the regular slide, why did you buy the nickle slide?

This is ARFCOM.....GET BOTH!

....Seriously though, I liked how it looked alone, but how I've got it set up right now I think I'll like the black better.

I'll just get another p22 in black so I can switch off. They're cheap enough.
Link Posted: 1/22/2007 9:20:46 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Here ya go...

My P22 wit beemz and TAC65.

home.comcast.net/~yullose001/p22tac65.JPG

Just curious as to what front sight # you use. I ended up using #4 cause the thing shot a few inches high at 50 ft with the #3.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top