Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:52:25 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
You cannot have this discussion without mentioning Virginia. We have experience with armed conflict on our soil and have been waiting for some payback. There are a bunch of tough mofos and a high degree of comraderie.

Virginia is for Lovers er ah Killers....yea KILLERS...who you lookin at?

Bomber

I think if you add our military bases, nuke depots, and the fact that the rest of our population aren't clove-smoking pansies - we'd be right up there with California.

I know this much - Hampton Roads is pretty well defended.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#2]
This is so true - we are fully prepared to fight the last war while our enemy is fighting the next one.  We have the guns, they have the courts.  We have the BDU's and MRE's, they have the schools.  We have the 4wd BOV's, they have illegal voters.  We are sorely under prepared and don't even know it.

Quoted:
Unfortunately...  The invasion has started.

Their operations are commanded by the ACLU and the Left.

Their strongholds are the public schools.

Their battleground is the courts.

Reinforcements are flooding in from Mexico.

We could just all wish it were a shooting war, where the enemy doesn't look like an anonymous someone in the checkout line ahead of you.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:55:13 AM EDT
[#3]
West  "By God"  Virginia.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:59:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't think anyone would want to mess with any of the southern or lower eastern seaboard states.  There are just way too many weapons and ammunition out there to not wreak havoc on the enemy.

HH
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:00:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Pennsylvania...Largest percentage of hunters per population in the country...or it used to be anyway...
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:01:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Michigan for sure...invaders wouldn't be dumb enough to enter Detroit...
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:04:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Michigan for sure...invaders wouldn't be dumb enough to enter Detroit...

LOL....it be funny to see an Op for tank up on blocks

Bomber
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:09:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Montana,Wyoming,Nevada,Arizona in that order. So i guess my final awsner is Montana

DITTO! Not too many homes here without some sort of firearm (or ten).
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:15:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Montana,Wyoming,Nevada,Arizona in that order. So i guess my final awsner is Montana

Montana's full of pussies.....

Takes one to know one! Neener neener neener!

P.S. I grew up in Cody, WY. No difference in pussies in either state.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:30:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm kind of amazed.  How did this get to 7 pages with NO ONE mentioning Utah?

You don't get more patriotic than this state, everyone's got a massive food and emergency preparedness supply, plenty of Air Force and Guard and such here, impressive mountain terrain, limited entrance and exits to much of the state through the canyons, very well organized citizenry what with the church influence, very large population of hunters and shooters, and probably the lowest liberal population in the US.  The terrain alone is a massive force multiplier for a small arms based defending force.

Plus we've done it before.  The Utah militia held off the US Army until Congress pardoned the state during the Utah War.

While I agree that Texas would have a heck of a lot of people willing to fight, I just feel that the terrain there is very beneficial to an organized army.  I would hate to fight in the open like that against an invading force.  I'd make my stand in the canyons near Bear Lake any day.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:32:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm not sure how many deaths we would inflict in Nevada but combat ineffectives from STD's would be damn high. That and alien abductions.

My vote would have to go to N.Dak.....Norwegians with Nukes!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:32:40 AM EDT
[#12]
West Virginia.  Never mess with a hillbilly.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:45:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Why no mention of NY. The gun laws suck, but there's still plenty of weapons kicking around -- a lot of people own hunting rifles, the cops have a nice supply of M4s, and there are three NG armories in Manhattan alone. Not to mention there's plenty of illegal weapons. There's probably more illegal guns in NYC, than most states have legal+illegal.

Plus, New Yorkers are fucking nuts.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 1:54:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Just thinking of all the deer hunters and them instantly becoming 'snipers':

TN
AL
FL
TX
VA
GA
MS
NC
SC
KY
WV
PA
AR
b/c--"And we can skin a buck; we can run a trot line
And a country boy can survive
Country folks can survive"
Then the midwest

Don't forget the deer hunters in ND, SD, MN, WY, MO, ID, and CO.  Lots of long shots to be taken out here.  

Edited for spelling.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:25:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Just thinking of all the deer hunters and them instantly becoming 'snipers':

TN
AL
FL
TX
VA
GA
MS
NC
SC
KY
WV
PA
AR
b/c--"And we can skin a buck; we can run a trot line
And a country boy can survive
Country folks can survive"
Then the midwest

Kind of funny on this point but I recall reading somewhere that during hunting season, Michigan has more armed men then any standing army in Europe.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:33:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I'm going with North Dakota. Seriously.

Ditto.

Minuteman III
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:44:35 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Man, every 6 months................ here comes another Texan bragging about his State killing more invaders.

That is the Texas advantage bore and blast em with hot air till they kill themselves.

Silly texans! Y'all got your butts handed to you at the Alamo....

About 3:30 in the afternoon, during the Mexican siesta period, Houston distributed his troops in battle array, bracketing the line with the "Twin Sisters" cannon. Shielded by trees and a rise in the terrain, the Texans were able to advance with some security. Then with the cries "Remember the Alamo" and "Remember La Bahia" or "Remember Goliad" ringing along their lines, the Texans swooped down on the dismayed Mexican army, pursuing and butchering them long after the battle itself had ended.

630 Mexicans were killed and 730 taken prisoner. Texans lost only 9 killed or mortally wounded; thirty were less seriously wounded. Among the latter was General Houston, whose ankle was shattered.

Link - Texan Killed and Wounded
www.tsl.state.tx.us/treasures/republic/san-jacinto.html

oh and the battle only took 18 minutes
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:52:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Man, every 6 months................ here comes another Texan bragging about his State killing more invaders.

That is the Texas advantage bore and blast em with hot air till they kill themselves.

Silly texans! Y'all got your butts handed to you at the Alamo....

About 3:30 in the afternoon, during the Mexican siesta period,Houston distributed his troops in battle array, bracketing the line with the "Twin Sisters" cannon. Shielded by trees and a rise in the terrain, the Texans were able to advance with some security. Then with the cries "Remember the Alamo" and "Remember La Bahia" or "Remember Goliad" ringing along their lines, the Texans swooped down on the dismayed Mexican army, pursuing and butchering them long after the battle itself had ended.

630 Mexicans were killed and 730 taken prisoner. Texans lost only 9 killed or mortally wounded; thirty were less seriously wounded. Among the latter was General Houston, whose ankle was shattered.

Link - Texan Killed and Wounded
www.tsl.state.tx.us/treasures/republic/san-jacinto.html

oh and the battle only took 18 minutes

Y'all swooped on 'em durin' nap time?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:54:30 PM EDT
[#19]
sigh
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:04:50 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd just go hide in teh damn hills while I let the weather kill off the bastards.  Hell, it kills off plenty of yuppies every year...

"Its fuckin 85 degrees! Fuck a coat!"

Not an hour later

"Jesus Christ! Its 45 fuckin degrees!  Get me a coat!"

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:06:58 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Texans will hunt anything, including invading soldiers if need be.

Would have to buy a lease?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:08:20 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
TX sure, FL and AZ,here
i'll put MS over FL and AZ

hug.gif

KY, and WV would be up there too i think.....

Florida gun laws are some of the best in the nation.  I know a lot of people who live here who have AR15s and 1st line gear.  Florida loves guns

You don't get out much do you?
Florida loves guns so much they have laws like these.

1. It takes up to THREE MONTHS to get your Florida permit.

2. "Open Carry" is (almost) never allowed, whether for licensees or non-licensees!

3. There shall be a mandatory period of three days, excluding weekends and legal holidays, between the purchase and delivery at retail of any handgun. For the purposes of this section, "purchase" means the transfer of money or other valuable consideration to the retailer, and "handgun" means a firearm capable of being carried and used by one hand, such as a pistol or revolver. Holders of a concealed weapon permit as prescribed in Florida law shall not be subject to the provisions of this paragraph.

(c) The legislature shall enact legislation implementing subsection (b) of this section, effective no later than December 31, 1991, which shall provide that anyone violating the provisions of subsection (b) shall be guilty of a felony.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:18:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
ya the british didnt have tanks,planes or choppers when we fought them ether. As for ND we all know the germans can fight but the damn swedes probably cant figure out how to load a gun.

I am one of those ND Germans.

Ich bin deutcher.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:25:43 PM EDT
[#24]
I have read here that the urban areas would be harder to take even with the bolt acions and 10 shot mag's.
well I vote for the Indiana/Illinois area(and some of Ky, and Oh)it may be farms but those boys know how to move in the terrrian,know how to shoot, and have enough deisel fuel and nitrate fetilizer to make anything into dust.
we don't have to stand in the open to kill.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:39:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Another vote for Texas.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:46:15 PM EDT
[#26]
i'm amazed theres only been a few mentions of michigan,

its true, on the 15th of november we field more armed men of military age than damn near any army in the world

i think alot of people are fooled by the outspoken liberal minority that populates the large cities, once you get outside the city michiganders are more redneck than most poeple ive meet down south.

i also don't think alot of people have been in northern michigan, and if you havent you have no idea what kind of mindset there is up there. Theyve been preparing to "repel" the UN for years. They may be crazy but theres a hell of alot of people with stockpiles of stuff who keep up on their shooting. nevermind the heavy forests, which favor a defender.

The family has four sections of hills and cedar swamp in the U.P, you could send a company or 2 of troops after us and im willing to bet that my family would come out on top.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:48:43 PM EDT
[#27]
TEXAS
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:02:30 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Rhode Island

<-----rhode island
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:40:33 PM EDT
[#29]
hmmmm I get the impresion from the war in iraq we are ALL equally fucked if a real army were to invade...

the iraquis have RPGs and Fully Auto AKs in Droves and they only stand the chance of harrassing and killing US troops in small numbers... and only because we are playing a police action and not actively shooting every iraqi we see.

If a REAL army attacked us we would be without anti armor... without fully auto battle rifles... without light machineguns.

If we didn't have our regular army to take the hard points we would be little more than ineffective... poorly armed insurgents.

I predict the Chinese army would roll over us like a steam roller without the aid of our armed forces.hug.gif

I don't know why anyone would bother to mention Alaska... Any invading force would assume it's just another chunk of canada and therefore worthless
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:10:27 PM EDT
[#30]
I will have to disagree with the idea that the abysmal performance of the Iraqi insurgents has any bearing on this argument. The hunters, shooters, and gun fanatics in Texas certainly would be FAR more effective against an invading army than a bunch of non shooting, suicide prone Muslim idiots. Remember the Alamo!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:25:00 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
TX sure, FL and AZ,--arnt there lots of gun grabin liberals there in FL and AZ lacks people

Hi there Stucky! This is Arizona checking in with the fifth fucking largest city in the country.

And once you get away from the city, you get to the towns, where open carry is the norm.

Also home to the plant where the sweet little AH64 D Longbow is made, as well as Dillon Aero.

Just up the road from Boeing is Talley Defense. I can't tell you exactly what they make there, but I can tell you it makes tannerite look like a wet fart.

Sure, we have our problems, but I'd wager that between the Mormons and the Shitkickers, backed up by the countless class 3 junkies could hand out a healthy dose of fucking hurt.

Nobody wants to come here anyhow. In the summer it's a hundred and eleventy billion degrees out with 60% humidity.

and Raytheons Missle Factory.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:25:09 PM EDT
[#32]
If Vermont had bigger numbers it would fair well.  We like our guns...  except for the areas that have been infiltrated by liberal outsiders.  I'd agree with Texas first though.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#33]
MA

If our hyper caffeineted road raged drivers aren't enuf to scare the bad guys into wetting their pants and running home to mom, nothing will...

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:26:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Alabama and Georgia would handle them for you............
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:28:45 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
TX sure, FL and AZ,--arnt there lots of gun grabin liberals there in FL and AZ lacks people

Hi there Stucky! This is Arizona checking in with the fifth fucking largest city in the country.

And once you get away from the city, you get to the towns, where open carry is the norm.

Also home to the plant where the sweet little AH64 D Longbow is made, as well as Dillon Aero.

Just up the road from Boeing is Talley Defense. I can't tell you exactly what they make there, but I can tell you it makes tannerite look like a wet fart.

Sure, we have our problems, but I'd wager that between the Mormons and the Shitkickers, backed up by the countless class 3 junkies could hand out a healthy dose of fucking hurt.

Nobody wants to come here anyhow. In the summer it's a hundred and eleventy billion degrees out with 60% humidity.

And TRW....NaN3 goodness. Not only viciously reactive, but toxic as well

GT
Box tossin mag rat......
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
MA

If our hyper caffeineted road raged drivers aren't enuf to scare the bad guys into wetting their pants and running home to mom, nothing will...

Not to mention the lack of Mexican food and nipple freezing weather!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:30:31 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn straight. Most of us will have a year supply of bullets with our food
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:31:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Texas would show well.  UT with all our rednecks and deer rifles would inflict some damage as would Idaho for the same reason.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And TRW....NaN3 goodness. Not only viciously reactive, but toxic as well

GT
Box tossin mag rat......

Umm...Raytheon's Missle Factory needs electrical terminals  which have been specially plated (to build said missles) to a MilSpec which are, uh...well...purchased here in MA from RI and that's all I am saying 'cause I like breathing....
Seriously (although the above is true) ...no state is capable...divided we are nothing...united we are the baddast assed nation ever to be reckoned with...
Just my 2Cents.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:35:14 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
MA

Ugh...had to remind me what's coming huh? In February, I could etch frikkin glass...

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:36:23 PM EDT
[#41]
NJ, the enemy can choke on the pollution and drown in a ocean of blue state weirdness.

I lived there for 38 years I know.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:38:57 PM EDT
[#42]
I'd have to go with whatever state they chose to invade first; If it were game day and the real deal how many people would sit idly by and watch our brothers in other states fight an invading army and not rush to their side.

United we stand!

On the other hand; a state of sound strategic mind and total unshakable determination would probably win out.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:39:25 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
MA

Ugh...had to remind me what's coming huh? In February, I could etch frikkin glass...

Reaaaaallllllyyyyyy?  

I'm going to require Photographic evidence of this phenomenon....
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:42:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Indiana----- why?  I don't know just feel like saying it!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:51:53 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sorry its yet another stupid question by me

I believe that Texas would inflict the most casualties on an invading army. In fact I believe that Texas would inflict the most atrocities on an invading army.  My second vote would go to Florida with a close third going to Arizona.  I am talking about a Red Dawn scenario.  

Mexico has been invading your state for years, you pretty much lost.

Liberals have been invading your state for years, you pretty much lost.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:55:48 PM EDT
[#46]
I pick a 3 way tie with Arkansas, Missouri, and Kentucky for the highest number of atrocities.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:56:38 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Florida gun laws are some of the best in the nation.  I know a lot of people who live here who have AR15s and 1st line gear.  Florida loves guns

You don't get out much do you?
Florida loves guns so much they have laws like these.

1. It takes up to THREE MONTHS to get your Florida permit.
     The department of agriculture is required by law to make a decision within 90 days. I got mine in the mail 16 days after mailing my application package.
2. "Open Carry" is (almost) never allowed, whether for licensees or non-licensees!
     Most people in open carry states around here say they never actually due it for tactical reasons or the fact that it would freak out the sheeple and the police would be called. I agree it should be a legal option, you have a point with that one, but I personally wouldn't do it regardless. I can open carry on private property all I want at least. That includes my house, business, or vehicle.  
3. There shall be a mandatory period of three days, excluding weekends and legal holidays, between the purchase and delivery at retail of any handgun. For the purposes of this section, "purchase" means the transfer of money or other valuable consideration to the retailer, and "handgun" means a firearm capable of being carried and used by one hand, such as a pistol or revolver. Holders of a concealed weapon permit as prescribed in Florida law shall not be subject to the provisions of this paragraph. (If you want to take your handgunhome that day get a permit, everybody should have one anyway. I personally think it is beneficial to boosting our numbers of concealed license holders because several I know got one just so they wouldn't have to go through the short waiting period).
(c) The legislature shall enact legislation implementing subsection (b) of this section, effective no later than December 31, 1991, which shall provide that anyone violating the provisions of subsection (b) shall be guilty of a felony.

At least post the whole section:

SECTION 8.  Right to bear arms.--

(a)  The right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves and of the lawful authority of the state shall not be infringed, except that the manner of bearing arms may be regulated by law.

(b)  There shall be a mandatory period of three days, excluding weekends and legal holidays, between the purchase and delivery at retail of any handgun. For the purposes of this section, "purchase" means the transfer of money or other valuable consideration to the retailer, and "handgun" means a firearm capable of being carried and used by one hand, such as a pistol or revolver. Holders of a concealed weapon permit as prescribed in Florida law shall not be subject to the provisions of this paragraph.

(c)  The legislature shall enact legislation implementing subsection (b) of this section, effective no later than December 31, 1991, which shall provide that anyone violating the provisions of subsection (b) shall be guilty of a felony.

(d)  This restriction shall not apply to a trade in of another handgun.

History.--Am. C.S. for S.J.R. 43, 1989; adopted 1990.

And after reviewing your points there are a few points I would like to make. We have no restrictions other than federal in regards to what you can or cannot own. Any citizen who can legally own a firearm can carry a loaded firearm in their vehicle as long as it is in a snapped holster, a case or the glove box (Edit: These storage requirments do not apply to CWL holders).  We have a very liberal concealed carry license process for in-state and out-of-state holders. I guess what I am trying to say is that the facts you pointed out actually make the case that we do have some of the best gun laws in the country. Most other states are more restrictive than us in many ways and that is sad.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:59:12 PM EDT
[#48]
With the rescources this nation posesses how long do you think it would be before every arms manufacturer in the world would be here to get a slice of the pie and help win the day through arms and armor?

How long does it take to put together a LL? how about 100?

I think you are underestimating the average Joe a little.

As far as Iraq goes the country itself is merely the size of CA. If we can't manage to control a country that size forcibly how so here in a country 20 times the size? The size of the invading force would have to be gargantuine to gain any semblence of control. I personally won't knock harrasment tatics either. Those tactics are the thing that weakens a nations resolve to conquer an invading force and leave with their tales between their legs.

Quoted:
hmmmm I get the impresion from the war in iraq we are ALL equally fucked if a real army were to invade...

the iraquis have RPGs and Fully Auto AKs in Droves and they only stand the chance of harrassing and killing US troops in small numbers... and only because we are playing a police action and not actively shooting every iraqi we see.

If a REAL army attacked us we would be without anti armor... without fully auto battle rifles... without light machineguns.

If we didn't have our regular army to take the hard points we would be little more than ineffective... poorly armed insurgents.

I predict the Chinese army would roll over us like a steam roller without the aid of our armed forces.

I don't know why anyone would bother to mention Alaska... Any invading force would assume it's just another chunk of canada and therefore worthless

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:41:45 PM EDT
[#49]
The best post i have seen all night. I have always said if they take our guns away the door will be open for invasion, USA is the most redneck country in the world, no country would stand a chance at invading us. The ani gun crowd simply cant not claim to be American while saying no guns will make people safer.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:43:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Texas , if the army is Mexico....
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top