Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:55:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
K31 to keep the zombies out of the basement
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i214/DavidPugh/bayonet2.jpg

View Quote

Might want to diet and work on cardio a little before fighting with a bayonet.

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:56:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I knew a Marine who had to use his 03 Springfield and bayonet on Guadalcanal.  He said that you don't fence with the damn thing.  You stab, slash, pound and go through with it.  If the other guy is still alive you leave him for whoever is behind you.  Simple answer .... any of your options would work.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 10:12:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Amusing it's open ground and not close quarters I voted Brown Bess(SP).  You want the longest possible weapon.  Hell screw the rifle give me a spear...
View Quote

And what happens when the other guy deflects your stab and gets in close?  Too long of a weapon and it becomes a liability for individual combat.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 2:30:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Exactly. Personally I would go for the M1903, specifically with the early straight stock and the M1905 bayonet or the 98k for it's ergonomics in stabby stabby mode.

I wonder how many guys screaming "No M1, poll fail!" have actually held an M1 rifle with a bayonet attached. Compared to many it's heavy and awkward.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
owning most of those on the list my vote would be a k-98.

sturdy light and fast. the M1 is slow to use with a bayonet due to weight and size.

this assumes we are both out of ammo.

Exactly. Personally I would go for the M1903, specifically with the early straight stock and the M1905 bayonet or the 98k for it's ergonomics in stabby stabby mode.

I wonder how many guys screaming "No M1, poll fail!" have actually held an M1 rifle with a bayonet attached. Compared to many it's heavy and awkward.

Still prefer it over my 03A3
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 2:38:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Japanese Type 38 or 99 with bayonet. Nobody did it quite like the Japanese when it came to bayoneting.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top