Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:22:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The cops brushed it off as a "lover's" deal, and back went the boy...Deviancy normalized...

Really?  In 1991?  The Milwaukee PD?  Umm..  No.  Not even the SFPD would be comfortable - or feel it normal - that a naked 14 year old boy be put in the custody of some random drunk.  Those cops were afraid of catching teh ghey.

Ah, I see...so homophobia killed him!...

Actually it did.....if I remember the cops thought the whole deal was funny at the time.

Uh oh...we seemed to have stepped onto something here...

ETA: now this would lead to some fucked up police work for the SFPD if they had to check out every deviant during their big street event every year there...

How about just the bleeding minor children [14yr old] running down the street screaming for help.

Ah, raids on NAMBLA meetings??
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:23:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Easy, option #3.

Latent, Perversive Faggotry runs rampant at arfcom.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:25:23 PM EDT
[#3]
And ironically, boobies are one of those few things that the arfcom populace likes to discuss more than gayness.  Quite a dichotomy.

Quoted:
There are only a few things that arfcom likes to talk about more than the gay.

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:25:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Seems like Hollywierd just keeps getting it's kicks from destroying anything America ever held in positive esteme.

Cowboys have generally symbolized rugged individualisim, self-reliance, a sense of fair play, a work ethic, and an appreciation of the natural environment. I grew up having a portion of my values instilled by John Wayne, Roy Rodgers, and Marshall Matt Dillon. Men were men....and sheep were leary.

It only follows that in it's zeal to bastardize more American values, the gurus of Hollywierd have seen fit to besmirch the Cowboy. Possibly the last bastion of the American ideal of self-reliant individualisim.

Sentence me to the tinfoil top brigade if you must, but I believe incidious intent is alive and creeping it's way throughout American values.....to a calculated end. No values. Nothing to fight for.

Flame on.

John Wayne...American values?..like ducking WWII?.....and Marshall Matt Dillon is a fictual charcter in a TV show. And I quite the fan of the old west and I don't remember to many cowboys that dressed like Roy Rodgers.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:25:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:27:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The cops brushed it off as a "lover's" deal, and back went the boy...Deviancy normalized...

Really?  In 1991?  The Milwaukee PD?  Umm..  No.  Not even the SFPD would be comfortable - or feel it normal - that a naked 14 year old boy be put in the custody of some random drunk.  Those cops were afraid of catching teh ghey.

Ah, I see...so homophobia killed him!...

Actually it did.....if I remember the cops thought the whole deal was funny at the time.

Uh oh...we seemed to have stepped onto something here...

ETA: now this would lead to some fucked up police work for the SFPD if they had to check out every deviant during their big street event every year there...

How about just the bleeding minor children [14yr old] running down the street screaming for help.

Ah, raids on NAMBLA meetings??

Why not......?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:29:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Whooboy...gotta disagree with ya there ol' muddymutt.

Check this out, cowpoke

Quoted:
well...Vito..my friend.

it is odd.

i grew up on a large farm and ranch in Oklahoma..
i know a thing or two about cowboys..

gay...and cowboy are not something that i have found to be used in the same sentence.

i have never worked cattle..and hauled hay and overheard a conversation discussing the professed love and tender feelings between 2 farm hands/cowboys.

i have overheard..

"DAMMITT...why'd ya letem go for..."
and
" you got any rub..."

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:33:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Which one is you?

Quoted:

Quoted:
Seriously has anyone seen the modern day cowboy?  Talk about gay.

I don't know what you're talking about!  Nothing Ghey here

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:33:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:34:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Seriously has anyone seen the modern day cowboy?  Talk about gay.

I don't know what you're talking about!  Nothing Ghey here

tinypic.com/m7dfzq.jpg

You're cruising for an anti Brit thread mister...

Outside now!'........ and bring your handbag!

Actually, according to a certain Seinfeld episode you Europeans carry purses...
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:38:03 PM EDT
[#11]
There's a reason stickers like these get printed up and sold...

Quoted:

Quoted:
Whooboy...gotta disagree with ya there ol' muddymutt.

Check this out, cowpoke

Godammit!!!!!!

Steers and Queers!

Outstanding Zippy!

ANdy

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:42:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You know I think the blatant Gay Bashing that happens on ARFCOM is disgusting.

All you Homophobes need to get a grip.

Most people that bash gays have serious questions about their own sexuality.

I will be called all manner of names and flamed very much for this......but that just shows the latent homophobia that is present on this board.

Good to see that you have bought into the cute little catch phrases your liberal masters have programed into you! Well done. Everyone knows that anyone who believes homosexuality is a perverse abomination of nature is a "homophobe." "Homophobia" by definition is an unrational fear of man. "Man sex" used in your context. Actually, "Homophobia" is contextually devoid of sexual conotation as a term in and of itself.

I'm not scared of homosexuality....it just turns me off cause it aint natural!  I find it repugnant. That's my right. Do you presume to deny me my rights? That could prove fruitless, pun intended, as well as dangerous.

"Bashing"...what a joke....disagree with something and your 'bashing' it. Another cute little liberal catch phrase. You know, people would give tons more credence to what you have to say if you didn't sound like a talking points memo from NAMBLA.

Pal, I'm about as secure in my sexuality as one can be. You can't play that shit on me. It just don't fly. Maybe it's YOU that needs to get the grip. If all you can do is regurgitate homosexualy sympathetic catch phrases, maybe YOU are the one who's not secure in YOUR sexuality!

Try some pie!

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:43:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I can no longer sit back and allow this brokeback movie to sap and impurify our precious bodily fluids.  

www.tigersweat.com/images/slove04.jpg

Mandrawk hand me my "golf" bag
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:44:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I can't speak for anybody else, but I think most level headed people are shocked at how out of touch Hollywood is with the "common man".  A movie that is not only pro-gay (not what's bad) but it is strongly anti-marriage getting 6 Golden Globe awards is ridiculous.  

Even rather mediocre movies like Aeon Flux (I'm not bashing it I'm just using it as an example) grossed way more than this poor excuse for film.  Golden Globes was and has been for years more of a popularity contest.  Basically, who made the largest political statement.  It just so happens the movies happen to be along the trend of Homosexuality, Transgender (mutilation), and other sexual perversions.  

In years past, it was more of an Anti-Bush and Anti-war.  

Hollywood Sucks

ETA: ^^ is kinda irrelevant.  Basically, the movie's getting so much attention because it's controversial, and correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know nobody has ever seriously made a movie about one gay cowboy that lured a married man with children into gaydom.  

I think if we could see John Wayne he'd be crying.

It's no wonder America isn't garning as much favor as we used to. . . imagine what you would think if all you knew about America was the media and the movies that came out of America.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:34:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll leave it there now. Feel free to clarify your position, I'll try to check in later.

The f word...if you speak positively about homosexuals on this board you can use it, if you speak negatively against homosexuals you can't, without fear of selective moderation. Total double standard...

And of course the reading comprehension card comes out when someone has a point sail past their head...which can happen when you duck...

Who ducked? You quoted a long string of posts and didn't exactly let me know what you were referring to.

OK once again you fail to realize that when I posted the word "Fag", I was just using it as an example. Kindly reread what I wrote above and try to put it in the context I intended it.

I don't use the word. I was using it as an example to illustrate my point that just because someone decries something openly, it doesn't mean they necessarily aren't that thing.

By wat of example: I think Germany did some horrible things in WW2... but it doesn't make me any less German.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:16:50 PM EDT
[#16]
XDBackupGun, you've only been here a short time but your making friends and fitting in already.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:27:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I can't speak for anybody else, but I think most level headed people are shocked at how out of touch Hollywood is with the "common man".  A movie that is not only pro-gay (not what's bad) but it is strongly anti-marriage getting 6 Golden Globe awards is ridiculous.  

Even rather mediocre movies like Aeon Flux (I'm not bashing it I'm just using it as an example) grossed way more than this poor excuse for film.  Golden Globes was and has been for years more of a popularity contest.  Basically, who made the largest political statement.  It just so happens the movies happen to be along the trend of Homosexuality, Transgender (mutilation), and other sexual perversions.  

In years past, it was more of an Anti-Bush and Anti-war.  

Hollywood Sucks

ETA: ^^ is kinda irrelevant.  Basically, the movie's getting so much attention because it's controversial, and correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know nobody has ever seriously made a movie about one gay cowboy that lured a married man with children into gaydom.  

I think if we could see John Wayne he'd be crying.

It's no wonder America isn't garning as much favor as we used to. . . imagine what you would think if all you knew about America was the media and the movies that came out of America.

Actually there have been gay cowboy movies, gay cop movies, and atlest two gay soldier movies along with about 20 other LGBT movies that have been released by Hollywood. I live in a fairly small town and the Blockbuster has about 10 LGBT themed movies at anytime......why you all got your panties in a wad over this one...I have no idea.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:00:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:30:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I can no longer sit back and allow this brokeback movie to sap and impurify our precious bodily fluids.  

www.tigersweat.com/images/slove04.jpg

HERE'S THE BIG SCOOP FOR ALL YOU "NICE" LIBERAL WANNABEES -

The movie is a big sack of shit produced by cynical liberal scumbags in hollywood.  it's being eager viewed by thousands of pathetic brain dead assholes because of the buzz created by the shock value of having two homo cowboys.

it's just a step down the stairway into the cesspool that our society has become.

next year, they'll think of something more shocking to creat more buzz.

my advice: Go fucking watch the movie and enrich your worthless life, liberal scumbags.  If you think this movie is worth seeing, than you deserve to see it.

well there's latent homophobia and blatent homophobia, and then we have a few that take the term phobia to a new and thpeshul level.  (Wonder who went to the movie and found out that not only it wasn't about straight guys but they was sheepherders TOO, oh the depravtiy.)
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:43:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey Vito, I'l bet you are going to tell us it isn't a purse it's a sporran, you wear on your dress, err skirt, err kilt.  

And that it isn't because you need both hands to keep it decent on windy days?

Now here's an interesting memoir of the days at the Special Service Battalions with Fraser of Lot and the Commanos.

www.moidart.org.uk/wartime/daleinverailort.htm
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:57:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:30:21 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't see the big deal.  Just don't watch it if gays bother you so much.

However, I'll have to admit that there are some movies that do bother me.  "The Day After Tomorrow" and "Runaway Jury" come to mind, because they were designed to coax people into supporting political causes that I don't agree with.

I can understand why someone who thinks that gays are evil baby-fuckers would protest this movie, but I don't agree with them.  I know a lot of gay people, and in my experience not a single one of them has ever made a pass at me or even made me feel uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:32:39 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

well there's latent homophobia and blatent homophobia, and then we have a few that take the term phobia to a new and thpeshul level.  (Wonder who went to the movie and found out that not only it wasn't about straight guys but they was sheepherders TOO, oh the depravtiy.)

Does anybody besides me find it odd that Redgoat hasn't posted about this movie...hmm
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#24]
fundy homophobes packed in one place like sardines?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top