BCM
User Panel

Page / 14
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:19:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:20:07 PM EDT
[#2]
again somebody whip up a qwik site

i do not have the capablties to do it  (no Host)  but i will spring for domain name register
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:22:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
again somebody whip up a qwik site

i do not have the capablties to do it  (no Host)  but i will spring for domain name register

Somebody already Made a Little Webpage. I didnt think the details were sorted out yet??

www.minionreport.net/brick.html
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:22:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Can we get a list of people who want to do this? Including phone numbers to help set up groups and buy up bricks to help get this started?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:25:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Im in.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:25:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Can we get a list of people who want to do this? Including phone numbers to help set up groups and buy up bricks to help get this started?

I know where to buy a brick and I know where my post office is.  Why do you need a list?  Just get the word out.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:27:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Can I just show up and toss one to somebody?

Preferrably overhand...
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:37:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Can I just show up and toss one to somebody?

Preferrably overhand...

NO

That would be Uhh.... NOT PC
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:39:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Guys, ive been working the past several hours, trying to get the word out.
Looks like we are gonna do good with this one.
Alot of folks are willing to take part.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:41:00 PM EDT
[#10]
tag.

Got a brick, got a UPS account, now give me a date.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:49:54 PM EDT
[#11]
this should get tacked any time now....

--VT
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:52:25 PM EDT
[#12]
One small thought...

Too many bricks on the same day will bog down the mail system and UPS, and DHL, etc. etc.
Might be a good idea to make it a week long bombardment, culminating on Cinco de Mayo.

If it takes off and 20,000,000 bricks hit D.C. on the 5th, only a few will make it to the capitol buildings
mail room. Most would wind up in Arlington or somewhere in a warehouse.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:03:41 PM EDT
[#13]
BUMP AGAIN
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:10:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I think we should use all carriers not just USPS.

That way we know most will make it.

Your are right. Use all carriers(Fedex,UPS,DHL,etc.). The more angles of attack the better.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:18:54 PM EDT
[#15]
tagged
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:33:59 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm in.

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:47:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Hell yes I'm in on this, living here in southern Az. I see the mess illegals are making of southern AZ.

Hola Jorge- "here's another brick for the Wall"
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:49:08 PM EDT
[#18]
I can whip up a site if need be.

I just need somebody with space to email me FTP info and anyone else donating domains to buy and send the info to the server person, or send them the cash to buythe domain(s).

I'll start working on something, somebody contact me with info ASAP so I don't waste my time.

IM me here. I check regularly. I'll be up all night and most of tomorrow.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:59:09 PM EDT
[#19]
a wall aint gonna stop them. Hell, if the roles were reversed would a wall stop you?

We need armed robots. Lots of patroling robots. UAV's, bipeds, etc. And a single strand of razor wire so they know where the "do not cross" line is.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:21:56 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm gonna have some tee shirts and bumper stickers made up and im gonna donate a large portion of the proceeds to the minute men watching our borders. Buy'em some gear en stuff. What do yall think??!! The rest could go toward actually building the dang wall!!!  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:25:33 AM EDT
[#21]
what would the shirts and stickers say?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:26:39 AM EDT
[#22]
in
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:27:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
One small thought...

Too many bricks on the same day will bog down the mail system and UPS, and DHL, etc. etc.
Might be a good idea to make it a week long bombardment, culminating on Cinco de Mayo.

If it takes off and 20,000,000 bricks hit D.C. on the 5th, only a few will make it to the capitol buildings
mail room. Most would wind up in Arlington or somewhere in a warehouse.

1.) That's what we want. The more shit we give the politicans about their clusterfuck, the better.
2.) I highly doubt 20 million bricks will make it. Even if they did, it likely would not dampen postal efforts. And, if it did, we did a damn good job.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:32:48 AM EDT
[#24]
This might be the coolest damn undertaking I've heard of since the Boston Tea Party. It's both brilliant in it's simplicity and the message it sends. Plus, just the thought of a bunch of bricks shutting down the DC mail system for a day seems rather comical. So you can bet it will get plenty of airplay on tv and radio.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:40:59 AM EDT
[#25]

Feel free to use it, if you want.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:55:30 AM EDT
[#26]
tagged
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:55:55 AM EDT
[#27]
According to godaddy...

SENDABRICK.COM is available!

Check the domain names that you would like to register below.
www.godaddy.com

Guys, this is one of those ideas of rare brilliance.
It has the potential to go nationwide.

I'm sure that we have some website talent here who can whip up a quick webpage and host it.
I'll be more than happy to pay for the domain name.
Let's not squander the potential impact of this idea by going off half-cocked.

This effort should start with a date in mind, enough lead time for the idea to spread and a website outlining the mission statement.

This is a BRILLIANT idea.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:16:38 AM EDT
[#28]
taggage
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:29:09 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I think we should all get the word out as quick as possible and do this on MAY 5

Link to Poll

May 5, ...All the way>>To the Senate!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:36:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Okay guys,

I've got a basic site going, i'm just getting the info in it now.

I need:

1. Whoever's gonna host it to contact me with info so we can get it up.
2. Someone to buy:  www.send-a-brick.com  and  www.sendabrick.com
and get in contact with the host person to get them on the server

I'm gonna put May 5th on the site now as a target date.

Here is a link pic for when we get it hosted:

If you can help, have ideas for the site (content, links, etc) please IM me. Hopefully we can get this done by morning. Also, if we are going to do the shirt/button thing it would be cool if we could add a store to the site. I don't know how to set that up, so if someone else can do that, and I can link it to the site, etc.

Also, do we want to have sponsors for this site? Like have a link that links to ARFCOM, Frugal, etc that are involved? Just a thought. If so, it be good to hear from some authority on ARFCOM about this.

Keep the ideas/discussion going. All of it helps get ideas and wording for the site.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:58:46 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
what would the shirts and stickers say?

Something to commemorate OUR day, just something to say i was a part of this.
I think it would be cool to have our own shirt, we could wear'em to protest rallies, etc.
Maybe "I put another brick in the wall" and have a space/box we could write our arfcom name in, etc.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:02:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Excellent work gentlemen. This is indeed one of those rare ideas that just oozes brilliance. It will also get eaten up in the media by people such as Lou Dobbs, Michelle Malkin, A nderson Cooper, etc. And it will make the politicians look like the bumbling idiots that they are. This folks will be big.

Now, we just gotta work hard to make sure the word gets spread...and quickly. We need to email all like minded friends and family.  Post this in other boards (at least if the board has people that care to begin with). Write letters to your hometown papers. Call in to local and national radio shows. The word needs to be spread fast. Luckily, that can be done in the day and age of the computer. But unless we can get the word out to begin with, having a website won't help, as nobody but us will know to look for it. Ideally, many, many people will already know about send-a-brick.com before it's ever up and running.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:09:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Oh yeah, I'm in.

Sooooo f'in tagged.

And, BTT
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:20:34 AM EDT
[#34]
SENDABRICK.COM is REGISTERED

Also registered:
Sendabrick.biz
Sendabrick.info
Sendabrick.net
Sendabrick.org
Send-a-brick.com
Send-a-brick.org

Who's hosting?

Godaddy has a 5 like domains for $34.15 with free private registration offer.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:31:20 AM EDT
[#35]
I don't have the slightest clue as to how one would go about building a website, otherwise, I'd volunteer to take care of one of them. But I am sure there are plenty of other folks here who'd love to host these for you. Thanks again for getting the first step to the sites started.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:42:12 AM EDT
[#36]
When the site is ready I'm pretty confident we can get Republican Women Talk Radio to advertise it.  Via webcast and Podcast.

The hosts name is Tammy Munson.   MrsSyn is friends with her and has been on the show. Tammy loves this kind of stuff.

Charging handle: We have quite a few web designers here,  My wife is one of them but she's a busy bee at this time.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:53:39 AM EDT
[#37]
GO GO GO!
LET'S DO THIS!!!
LET'S HAVE A SITE UP BY THIS AFTERNOON!

Synister1 has the domains!
We need a website design man (texas_mustang?) and someone to host!!

Let's go!

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 2:54:57 AM EDT
[#38]
All right.

Just need www.send-a-brick.com hosted now as it is the name of the site.

As soon as someone ponies up webspace I'll get the site up.

BTW, Synister1 IM me with the details we'll need to get your domains on the hosted site. (if needed, I haven't had to play webhost in a while so I can't remeber what all you need). Regardless, keep in touch with me today so we can make sure this gets going while the iron is hot.

I would hold off on spreading this too far until we get a site up. It shouldn't be too long.

FYI, if someone would like to put together a letter that we can put on the site that someone can just print out and send with their brick, it would be a big help.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:03:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Oh yeah, I would propose that Cinco De Mayo be the INAGURAL charge for the sendabrick campaign.

Why limit it to one day?
If people come in late (after May 5th, which is only a few weeks away), they might not bother sending their brick because they feel the efforts are already over.

I propose we make the entire summer "SendABrick 2006: The Summer To Protest Illegal Immigration", with the first day of the effort kicking off on May 5th and going straight through till September.

www.sendabrick.com

Also, we could put (or link to) this video on the website

media.putfile.com/Aztlan-Rising
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:10:21 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Oh yeah, I would propose that Cinco De Mayo be the INAGURAL charge for the sendabrick campaign.

Why limit it to one day?
If people come in late (after May 5th, which is only a few weeks away), they might not bother sending their brick because they feel the efforts are already over.

I propose we make the entire summer "SendABrick 2006: The Summer To Protest Illegal Immigration", with the first day of the effort kicking off on May 5th and going straight through till September.

www.sendabrick.com

may 5th to july 4th !!!!

or all summer!!

great idea guys!!

one idea is to also,, maybe  have the border states listed so, bricks can be sent to the local  Gov's... get message across to the local guys  that are standing still letting the illegals thru!
why go to the top,,hit the lower ones .. 500 bricks for the mayor or gov. o fthat stae would send a  message also!

be funny if someone sent over 10 yrds of sand and a pallet of  portland also ..may as well  give them something to make that wall stick  

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:12:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Oh hell yeah! I'm in!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:17:43 AM EDT
[#42]
When Donna Dees-Thomases did the Million Mom March thing, I think she had a year of lead-time to let the idea stew and spread around via word of mouth. We don’t have that much time, given the current political climate. We must act now.

Seeing as the SendABrick idea isn't a "march" or a "protest" that will exist in the space of a single day but rather is more along the lines of a "campaign", it's essential that we utilize the advantages of a protracted campaign and extend it's effects over a period of time.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:25:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Send-A-Brick.com, .Org registered.

SubNetMask has offered hosting also.  I just need nameservers to set the domains to.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:29:03 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dont you think if the white house gets wind of this that all they would do is advise the  USPS to disgard all the bricks before they get delivered??  I doubt they would even make it to the white house if this went national.

would not matter if it gets to that point

why would that not matter?? wouldnt that defeat the purpose???
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:33:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:35:51 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dont you think if the white house gets wind of this that all they would do is advise the  USPS to disgard all the bricks before they get delivered??  I doubt they would even make it to the white house if this went national.

would not matter if it gets to that point

why would that not matter?? wouldnt that defeat the purpose???

In order for the "White House" to command the post office to "disregard packages", it would take some odd sort of executive order where the post office was commanded to open all packages going to a certain address and then dispose of them if they contained certain contents.

It "wouldn't matter" because it isn't going to happen.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:43:44 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm definitely in!
But since I am overseas now, so if somebody would kindly send one for me?
Of course, I would paypal for the brick and postage.
Please IM
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:43:48 AM EDT
[#48]
A few things:

1. I don't believe it is illegal for a bunch of people to ship a brick to the Capitol building. Nevertheless, under the era of Homeland Security I sincerely doubt people at the capitol will be happy with thousands of packages showing up. What the consequences of that could be, I don't know.

2. If the media gets their hands on this, the smear campaign will begin immediately. "Extremist militia" websites like ARFCOM will get a public ass-whoopin by the press. Our mascot, after all, is a friggin' assault weapon. It will, however, make the news if the capitol building is flooded with bricks.

3. I don't know how the carriers will respond to this. It is unprecedented.

4. If this is legal, I'm in. Even with the concerns I have listed and many others I am sure that exist without my recognition of them, I think this is a brilliant idea. Imagine just 100,000 Americans caring enough to spend 11 bucks to ship a brick to Congress. Imagine the look on a legislator's face when he finds out that the capitol mail office is being flooded with bricks with the following note attached:

"Since the US government seems to be struggling with the illegal immigration problem, I thought I would send you the means to begin solving the problem."

I think it is exactly this kind of organic issue activism that must happen to reverse some of the deadly trends in modern American society.

If this is legal, I am more than willing to send the US Capitol a brick or twelve......
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:44:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Hell, make it May 5th to September 11th. That would be fitting, considering the circumstances. It would also allow the opportunity for everyone to send multiple bricks. Pretty soon, they'll get tired of getting fucking bricks.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:45:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Sweet, literally just waiting for FTP info and we're good to go.

Registered [email protected] as a contact email. We can upgrade later if need be.

Another thing, those who send bricks, please take pics. Of the brick, you at the Post Office, etc. so we can put them on the site.
Page / 14
Top Top