Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:25:41 PM EDT
[#1]
If anyone hears of something like this happeing in MI could you IM me a heads up. I want to be part in the Anti protest. Michigan ARFcommers could have their own antiprotest
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#2]
"And in other news... a freak lightning bolt killed a group known as the 'god hates fags' as they protested at the funeral services of miners killed in the Sego mine..."
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:29:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Let's see if I've got this straight:

A bunch of left-wing religious nut jobs are going to cause a disturbance at the funerals of some coal miners.
Said funerals to be heavily attended by West Virginia UNION coal miners.

1.  Where can I buy tickets in the front row.

2.  Beat the rush, alert the coroner and the intensive care units now.

They are trolling for attention - pick a sore spot in the national conscience and rub salt in it.

Just about the last place strangers should start shit is coal country.

Then again they'd make a mighty fine subject to unload grief & frustration upon.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:30:30 PM EDT
[#4]
This could be interesting.  WV miners aren't probably the type of people these assholes are used to protesting.  I've found that people from the Appalachia region to be very friendly but if you piss them off, they aren't afraid to bring an asswhipping.  I hope we see that here.

ETA: Some of these guys went after coal company officials inside a church when they were informed that the miners were infact dead.  Imagine what they'd do outside the church.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:12:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
sooner or later someone is gonna snap and these fools are gonna be sorry...

+1, and I'm almost ashamed to say I hope so.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:35:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
www.godhatesfags.com/main/index.html

it's on the right side, would have posted directly to it but it's pdf file
Somone from here said they were going to be in the state to protest it.
I guess they don't know the history of confrontations with miners here.

That is undoubtably the most idiotic and repulsive sh*t I've had the misfortune to come across  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:49:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This could be interesting.  WV miners aren't probably the type of people these assholes are used to protesting.  I've found that people from the Appalachia region to be very friendly but if you piss them off, they aren't afraid to bring an asswhipping.  I hope we see that here.

ETA: Some of these guys went after coal company officials inside a church when they were informed that the miners were infact dead.  Imagine what they'd do outside the church.

I know quite a few folks from Upshur County area and if they go and start something at any of the services or funerals then they are opening up Pandora’s Box, any number of people would give you the shirts off their backs.

But desecrate a funeral for anyone would result in a little more than they bargained for.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:02:00 AM EDT
[#8]
WTF?
I would gladly go to jail for punching one of these assholes in the face
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:31:44 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

OMFG, I think some ARFCOMERS need to pay a friendly visit to the Offices of these morons.

And like every single time this group of wackjobs comes up, I'll reiterate "half of Phelps' family are attorneys and they specialize in suing people who do anything to the family or the church."

The only reason they still "thrive" is because there is no legal way to put an effective stop to them.  

Jim
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:37:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
So...Where, exactly IS this "Westborough Babtist Curch"?

The Westboro Baptist Church is at 3701 SW 12th St, Topeka, 66604 in Topeka Kansas.  Fred Phelps is pastor.

I've driven near it many times.  I shudder every time.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:41:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
WTF?

Yep, go to jail, lose all of your worldly posessions in the ensuing civil suit, yada yada yada.

The Westboro group is methodical about protecting themselves.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:48:47 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A bunch of left-wing religious nut jobs are going to cause a disturbance at the funerals of some coal miners.

Actually, they are RIGHT-wingers

Actually these freaks are LEFT wingers.

In the 2000 election they raised a good chunk of cash for the Gore reelection comittee and even went so far as to help house campaign workers in their own homes.

I beleave in the 2004 election they did the same thing for the sKerry capaign.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 1:53:20 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, they are RIGHT-wingers

Actually these freaks are LEFT wingers.

In the 2000 election they raised a good chunk of cash for the Gore reelection comittee and even went so far as to help house campaign workers in their own homes.

I beleave in the 2004 election they did the same thing for the sKerry capaign.

It's worse than that.  They are far, far, far, far right wing.  Compared to these nuts, Buchanan, Goldwater, and Limbaugh are indistinguishable from Ted Kennedy.

So why did they support the dems?  They supported Gore/Kerry because they believed that it would more quickly bring the downfall of the United States.

Jim
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:18:00 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I'll tell you something, My Uncle Roger Perry was one of the Miners who made it out and his Bro-in-Law Marty Bennett died down in that mine. Marty was a good man. I posted about it in the team forum.

My family has always been scrappers. My uncles used to love to fight. In fact the last time I seen Marty he was telling me stories of them running around getting into fights when they were young.

I am going to his viewing today and his funeral tomorrow. I can assure you that if these fuckheads are stupid enough to protest Marty's funeral they had better be protected by God himself. My family will not be able to handle these shitheads. I am also sure that the Sheriff and State Police who know my family well and knew some of the miners will ADVISE these pieces of shit that it is a big mistake. I know my family, I've seen them all in fights. When they were at the Church my cousin told the Troopers "Either you put these media people out of here or I'm going to" HE MEANT IT.

This will be a bad situation. West Virginians are proud to be redneck and stand by each other. I've been shaking since I heard about it. It is all over town already about them coming. Our local news last night did a commentary, The president of WV news media said he would not give this "GROUP" (He wouldn't even name them) any acknowledgment and would not give them the airtime to spout off their ignorance. This made me very happy. A news outlet of all people slamming these fucks. Somebody has to stand up against these fuckheads. Protesting funerals is as low as it gets. I always said I hope I never have a run-in with these assholes. Now it may come.

Several years ago there was a rumor that some punks were going to burn a flag at the courthouse during the Strawberry Festival. The State Police quickly swarmed the place because they knew this was going to get bad in a hurry. They wouldn't have put up with it either.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:34:02 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WTF?

Yep, go to jail, lose all of your worldly posessions in the ensuing civil suit, yada yada yada.

I'll wear a BK plastic head so they can't see me
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:38:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Are they anti-death, anti-funeral or just anti-social?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 2:56:44 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Are they anti-death, anti-funeral or just anti-social?

They are anti-sane.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:31:39 AM EDT
[#18]
They are also comming to Evansville In. to protest at the funeral of a Army PFC. Who was killed by an IED in Iraq.

Funeral protest stirs reaction
Veterans group, motorcycle organization planning counter-demonstrations

By PHILIP ELLIOTT Courier & Press staff writer 461-0783 or [email protected]
January 7, 2006

When a Kansas-based group protests Army Pvt. Jonathan Pfender's funeral next week, they will be met by two groups of counter-demonstrators who call Westboro Baptist Church's activity despicable.

The Topeka, Kan., church has long picketed gay funerals, but members recently have taken their anti-homosexual message to military funerals - even when there is no indication the deceased were gay. "This is not the time or place to be protesting the war or any other type of event. It's unpatriotic," said C. Larry Rhodes, a Vietnam veteran who is organizing a local response.

Also joining the effort to support Pfender's family will be members of the Patriot Guard Riders. The national network of motorcyclists will gather at 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Bud's Harley-Davidson on Franklin Street and ride to the funeral home.

"I think anyone, any person has the right to have a funeral without being disturbed," said Richard Wilbur, state captain for the Patriot Guard Riders. The ride, which the family approved, was planned before news of Westboro Baptist Church's demonstration was public. The church with its 100 members has made a name sharing its fervently anti-homosexual messages in media-heavy venues. The organization, which the Southern Poverty Law Center calls a hate group, routinely releases statements praising death and destruction, such as the local Nov. 6 tornado and the death of the West Virginia miners. They claim such events are God punishing the United States for its acceptance of homosexuals and homosexuality.

"We don't care if they're there or not," Wilbur said. "We in the United States have our freedoms because soldiers like this made the ultimate sacrifice."

Pfender, 22, died when a bomb exploded near his vehicle in Iraq on Dec. 30.

Details of Pfender's funeral services will be published in Sunday's edition of the Evansville Courier & Press.

I will give an update as soon as all he details are released.
I do know that the service has already been moved to the local covention center for all the people who wish to attend and show support for the family.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:14:21 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WTF?

Yeah, Fred Phelps is supposedly a lawyer, too, and uses lawsuit threats against the local officials in his town to keep them from shutting his "church" down.  Sort of like the Scientologists.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:01:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:36:41 PM EDT
[#21]
The Media ahs taken to these aholes because they oppose the war. If the can turn the american people against the war they will be heros for about 5 minutes. They will then turn on them for being anti gay. The Media will then claim victory for stopping the war. But the war is all Bush's fault because he is not a diplomat ( He does not cave to their thinking) They still think that they can change the world because they did with Vietnam.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:45:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, there were several Troopers outside of Marty Bennetts viewing. No scumbag Fred Phelps idiots though. That is good. There has been a constant line of people since 2:00 pm going through the funeral home. Had to be over a thousand people.

Don't know if it's true but people in Buckhannon are saying that the local Wally world sold the most ammo they have ever sold yesterday after the news of the Fred Phelps Freak Show made it's announcement.

There are at least 6 funerals going on tomorrow. three in Buckhannon alone. I hope the Freddy Freak Show has at least some kind of neanderthal like brain and don't make the mistake.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:05:51 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

OMFG, I think some ARFCOMERS need to pay a friendly visit to the Offices of these morons.

This is what happens when we do:

LINKY
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:50:21 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
And like every single time this group of wackjobs comes up, I'll reiterate "half of Phelps' family are attorneys and they specialize in suing people who do anything to the family or the church."

The only reason they still "thrive" is because there is no legal way to put an effective stop to them.  

That won't stop the good people of Appalachia from serving up a good asswhooping if they get pissed.

You can't sue for something the defendent doesn't have, btw.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:01:01 AM EDT
[#25]
They'd have to sue in a WV court with a WV jury wouldn't they?

I don't think they would like the outcome.

I have no doubt in my heart that it would end in violence if these stupid shitheads are dumb enough to pull this shit.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:22:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Maybe we should all show up with some refreshments for them.  Say some Jonestown Kool-aid?  What a crock!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:28:36 AM EDT
[#27]
I come from a small town in WV originally.  Dad was a coal miner (surface) and so was about everyone else I know.

Protesters at funerals of miners in WV will not be greated happily.  These dumbasses are making a stupid decision and will most likely get exactly what they deserve.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:10:53 AM EDT
[#28]
What a bunch of fucking loons.  I really have nothing to add to that, as it only would give them some sense of validity (like they are ever going to come out of their cave and read this).  The person who replied that these people are anti-sane hit it right on the head.  

Can't wait to hear the outcome of their emergence into coal miner country.....

Woody
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:25:09 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
This is what happens when we do:

LINKY

Damn!  Thanks very much for that link PeteCO.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:28:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Hopefully the protesters won't be given any police protection.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:30:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Those poor brainwashed kids.  Their parents really fucked them up.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:33:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Looks like they have a busy little schedule coming up in the Tampa area soon:

January 22, 2006
8:30 am – 9:00 am
St. John’s Episcopal Church, 902 S. Orleans Ave.,

10:00 am – 11:00 am
Without Walls International Church, 2511 N. Grady Ave.

11:45 am – 12:30 pm
Christ the King Catholic Church, 821 S. Dale Mabry Highway,

5:30 pm – 6:00 pm
Palma Ceia Presbyterian Church, 3501 San Jose

January 23, 2006
7:00 am – 7:30 am
Lithia, FL
Newsome High School, 16550 Fishhawk Blvd.

8:30 am – 9:00 am
Tampa, FL
School District of Hillsborough County, 901 E. Kennedy Blvd.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:35:35 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
sooner or later someone is gonna snap and these fools are gonna be sorry...

I''ve been saying that for years about nambla and no one has yet, but there's always hope.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:39:34 AM EDT
[#34]
OK I read the pdf and now I still don't understand why these nuts are pissed at the miners?
Anyone?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:07:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:23:20 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll tell you something, My Uncle Roger Perry was one of the Miners who made it out and his Bro-in-Law Marty Bennett died down in that mine. Marty was a good man. I posted about it in the team forum.

My family has always been scrappers. My uncles used to love to fight. In fact the last time I seen Marty he was telling me stories of them running around getting into fights when they were young.

I am going to his viewing today and his funeral tomorrow. I can assure you that if these fuckheads are stupid enough to protest Marty's funeral they had better be protected by God himself. My family will not be able to handle these shitheads. I am also sure that the Sheriff and State Police who know my family well and knew some of the miners will ADVISE these pieces of shit that it is a big mistake. I know my family, I've seen them all in fights. When they were at the Church my cousin told the Troopers "Either you put these media people out of here or I'm going to" HE MEANT IT.

This will be a bad situation. West Virginians are proud to be redneck and stand by each other. I've been shaking since I heard about it. It is all over town already about them coming. Our local news last night did a commentary, The president of WV news media said he would not give this "GROUP" (He wouldn't even name them) any acknowledgment and would not give them the airtime to spout off their ignorance. This made me very happy. A news outlet of all people slamming these fucks. Somebody has to stand up against these fuckheads. Protesting funerals is as low as it gets. I always said I hope I never have a run-in with these assholes. Now it may come.

Several years ago there was a rumor that some punks were going to burn a flag at the courthouse during the Strawberry Festival. The State Police quickly swarmed the place because they knew this was going to get bad in a hurry. They wouldn't have put up with it either.

Coz,
Sorry for your family's loss.

These protestors will be worm food if they protest at this funeral. There isn't a jury in WV that would convict for stomping these fools into the ground for such an outrage. It's kind of pointless to sue coal miner. These people that are protesting have no idea what they are getting into.

It leaves a bad taste in my mouth that people should be wasting time talking about these fruitloop protestors instead of paying respects for the fallen. They are turning tragedy into travesty, and I've had enough of it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:16:45 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I bet those f*ckers get a beat down this time.    

Well deserved!!  

I've been saying this for YEARS, good luck waiting for it to actually happen.

These brainwashed fools (it's essentially one family) have been doing crap like this for a LONG time, and nobody has stooped to their level yet to actually do something to stop them. Because, short of wiping their whole clan/family out, NOTHING will stop them.

They thrive on attention, they WANT people to react, they solicit responses. They don't care what they're doing, so long as it draws attention.

Our church gets the honor of being their Sunday AM picket spot... complete with teenagers holding up "Fag Church" sign (with two stick figures having anal sex on it), to the 6-7 year old kids holding up the "Semper Fi, Soldier Faggots" sign.

Fred's response to why our church (teaches homosexuality is a sin) is picketed?... Because of our location. No joke... the church building is a large one located on the interstate offramp, lots of traffic, which is what they're after... attention.

The Phelps "church" and group is an utter disgrace to this city, state and country. Someday, they're going to push the wrong button and someone will rid this planet of their existance, and the world will be a better place.

As someone said earlier, their family "specializes" in law/lawsuits. The best we've been able to legally do around here is to keep them off our property... now they picket the gas station across the street. There isn't a whole lot one can legally do (at least around here) except be satisfied they're complete idiots and ignore them. Nobody around here takes them seriously...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:19:54 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
OK I read the pdf and now I still don't understand why these nuts are pissed at the miners?
Anyone?

They're attention whores. That's it in its entirety.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:09:23 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anyone?

I think what you and someone else said is 100 percent correct with this added, they want someone to try and hurt then so they can sue.
They don't understand that someone might just go nuts and beat them to death or shoot their dumb ass.

If I were related to one of those poor guys they might get their wish.
Look in the dictionary under scumbags and you'll find their pictures.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:28:41 AM EDT
[#40]
So will these guys come to MI?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:41:50 AM EDT
[#41]
It's interesting that God tells them to go where the cameras are, so they can get more publicity, so they can get more money.  I never read in the Bible about how God's message was about helping people avoid having a real job.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:42:27 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Would it be un-Christian of me to pull a Pat Robertson and call down God's wrath on these people?

Yes?

Oh, well....

Hey, Lord! How about delivering some almighty smack-down on these people?

Just ask him to consider going Old Testament on these blasphemous heathens.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:56:09 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anyone?

I think what you and someone else said is 100 percent correct with this added, they want someone to try and hurt then so they can sue.
They don't understand that someone might just go nuts and beat them to death or shoot their dumb ass.

If I were related to one of those poor guys they might get their wish.
Look in the dictionary under scumbags and you'll find their pictures.

Yeah, they parade around trying to get a rise out of people. Fred and I assume some of his lackey family  as well wear vests and always carry around video cameras to catch anybody trying to "harass" them. They WANT to be "persecuted", and are fully ready when they DO get harassed.

And some people have got ticked off enough to try to fight with the phelps gang, but nobody has actually worked up the nerve to do what it takes to actually make them stop. Not that I condone doing anything at all illegal to them, I just ignore them... but with all the nutjobs around this planet, like suicide bombers... why can't one of them do something USEFUL and actually target people who have EARNED some bad stuff coming their way?

I don't know what kind of mind would actually accept taking the necessary steps to stop these people... they'd have to be equally as messed up as the phelps gang... because to do so would require taking out their whole family... kintergardners and all.

Several years ago, Freds daughter, who I believe has children of her own, once got ahold of my email (in fact everyone at my work) and would spam their weekly/daily hate email about their cause.

At first I tried to have a rational email conversation to try to figure out where exactly in the Bible they are coming from... It was humorous to say the least. She quoted bits and pieces of things completely out of context (literally the next HALF of a verse or chapter would contradict their beliefs). She would ignore questions about any other passage of scripture that totally contradicted their standpoints.

In fact, other than spouting off hate, personal opinions, and a selected few out of context parts of scripture, there was no "discussion" available from them. Oh, and I forgot to mention all the conspiracy theories... they're seriously a messed up cult.

Anyhow, I had to literally have our ISP block emails from them, because they refused to stop spamming, or to take us off their mailing list, despite numerous requests.

These people make a good portion of extreme leftists (DU) seem tame. If I had to chose between being having the extreme left running our country/state/city and the Phelps, I would chose the left.

Speaking of which... it's quite humorous, during each city election here in Topeka, KS... you can ALWAYS count on some member of the Phelps gang having a run for office. The polls always show off the hilarity... The numbers for the "real" canidates are thousands upon thousands, while the Phelps are always around 30 or 40 votes... haha, I would be willing to bet the size of their family/"congregation" is right around that number. I don't know why the news stations even bother to show the numbers for the Phelps, except perhaps to mock them. I know I sure get a kick out of it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:56:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Ya know, I grew up in Buckhannon WV...used to skip school and go swimming in the Sago River, right down the road from the mine.
If this group of idiots think they will be able to protest the vigil at Weslyan and have things go smoothly, they are sadly mistaken.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:23:52 PM EDT
[#45]
It's all a bunch o' BS anyway. Like one or two of them show up and get "protected" by like 50 cops while they hold up their stupid signs. then they get blocked by counter-protesters who jeer and wave flags and rev up their motorcycle engines . Then it makes the paper and they all go away. Belive me, these assholes ALWAYS tell the police were they will be before hand so they can get protection because otherwise............................
They dont have the guts to show up unannounced. Why does'nt their God protect them??? where is thier faith that their God will save them from an angry mob?????
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:37:56 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Yup.

"So which outfit you say you boys're with?"

"God hates fags."

"Well, so do we, but you look a little light in the loafers yerself, there, boy."

"Uh...... we're here to protest your dead friends."

"Yessiree, and I think Jim Bob and Freddy and I have just been selected as the instrument of His vengeance."

"Mommy.........."

<screams />
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:40:23 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.godhatesfags.com/main/index.html

it's on the right side, would have posted directly to it but it's pdf file
Somone from here said they were going to be in the state to protest it.
I guess they don't know the history of confrontations with miners here.

That is undoubtably the most idiotic and repulsive sh*t I've had the misfortune to come across  

Well, it's up there.  You just signed up in May of '05, but if you'd shown up a little earlier, you might have caught one of the many threads on that anti-military guy who danced a jig every time one of our troops paid the ultimate price.  I wish these guys were ever in the same zip code, though.  Someone might call in CAS, who might decide to make a meal of 'em.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:51:48 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

It won't matter, they'll have the "law" on their side and plenty of LEO protection.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:57:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:19:59 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Anyone?

The miners support the American economy.  America is so corrupt that any and everything bad that happens is God's way of punishing us.  Dead soldiers from Irak or Afganistan are just His way of punishing the ones that protect the immoral and perverse American way of life.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top