Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:15:10 AM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:38:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Gunkid was here at AR15.com not too long ago.  He was the idiot who claimed he shot an apple 30 times while it was rolling away from him at 100 yards.  After that, a bunch of people went out and shot apples just to show him what happends to them after just one shot.  Apples don't roll well with big hunks missing.

Does this help you remember him?

I remember that idiot....... what a fucking moron.....

I'm assuming this was the guy who was boasting shooting the apple with the .22 ruger right?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:52:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Ya want to really see some shit, check your IM.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:13:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Please, I need more info on the assault wheelbarrow, specifically how to build or get one!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:33:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
He was banned from any gun board you can name, invented the assault wheelbarrow and ducttaping ceramic plates to one's back. He lived in a van by a river.

ok..im somewhat remembering a thread where the poster was talking about intentionally taking fire to protect wife/family and am thinking the ceramic plates were in there somewhere too?? it cracked me up because it sounded as if he had spent a good amount of time preparing and analyzing a complete absurd scenario. if anyone has it handy, id love to read it again.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:49:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
He was banned from any gun board you can name, invented the assault wheelbarrow and ducttaping ceramic plates to one's back. He lived in a van by a river.

ok..im somewhat remembering a thread where the poster was talking about intentionally taking fire to protect wife/family and am thinking the ceramic plates were in there somewhere too?? it cracked me up because it sounded as if he had spent a good amount of time preparing and analyzing a complete absurd scenario. if anyone has it handy, id love to read it again.

That wasn't Gunkid, that was the Mall Ninja guy, he was intentionally trolling on that one.  Also awhile back gunkid had his own website/forum someone had given him.  It was modderated by him, it was basically just his rantings with a few hundred people that would stop by and flame him constantly.  It was really great.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:53:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
He was banned from any gun board you can name, (That was Gunkid) invented the assault wheelbarrow(that was Gunkid) and ducttaping ceramic plates to one's back(that was Gecko45/Juggernaut). He lived in a van by a river(that was Hessian1).

Close - see red comments above.  

Gunkid was acutally quite entertaining until he became a asshole.  This usually happened by page 3 of any of his posts.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:59:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I remember when he was hanging out on the FAL Files. He was a source of great amusement till he decided to badmouth a few people about the FAL rifle. It then turned to an attack on the board owner, Jen.
It went downhill from there. A member of the Files knew where he lived and had gotten a few others to go with him to "counsel" Gunkid. He wasn't heard from for sometime.

I remember that also. I thought someone was going to severly hurt him at the time. I didn't realize what an ass he was and that he probably deserved it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:12:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Any updates on location?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:37:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Ok, I'll post a series of Gunkid stories throughout the night.

The first point that is important to remember is that Gunkid's grand strategy had two cornerstones.  If you keep these key components in mind then all will become clear.  Gunkid's strategy for SHTF revolved around his suppressed AR with .22 conversion kit and homemade silencer and his supposed ability to carry ungodly amounts of supplies in a wheelbarrow.

When SHTF, he planned on living a nomadic lifestyle, ferrying his supplies around in the wheelbarrow and ambushing unwary civilians from close range with his suppressed .22.  He later elaborated on this plan and added several variations, but the main theme remained unchanged.  I'll cover his plan in more detail in the coming series of stories.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:43:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Napolean_Tanerite?

no, it's not me! i swear!

in a totally unrelated matter, does anyone want to buy an 80% pistol frame?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:49:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That wasn't Gunkid, that was the Mall Ninja guy, he was intentionally trolling on that one.  Also awhile back gunkid had his own website/forum someone had given him.  It was modderated by him, it was basically just his rantings with a few hundred people that would stop by and flame him constantly.  It was really great.

Mall ninja guy ? McUzi by chance ?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:06:29 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ya want to really see some shit, check your IM.

It's empty.

Odd mine too...
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:20:52 PM EDT
[#16]
My first encounter with Gunkid came in the mid to late-1990s on the Frugal Squirrel survival forums.  I was going through another one of my survivalist phases, which seemed to coincide with Democratic administrations.  Now Frugal Squirrel's had a diverse group of fairly odd characters at the time, but the internet was still new to most people and the likes of Gunkid were completely unprecedented.  While I'm certain he has been haunting survival websites and message boards since the creation of the World Wide Web in 1992, he was still relatively unknown by the majority of the internet population as late as 1996.  

This was in the wake of Ruby Ridge, Waco, and OKC, and during the height of the Clinton administration.  The climate of the time was one of extreme paranoia and survivalists of a more militaristic bent than is common these days were plentiful and outspoken.  Although it seems silly today, many of the threads on Frugal's boards were debates about the best battle rifle or survival rifle, survival tactics in a guerilla-style environment, and defense against both government troops and bands of looters and outlaws.

Enter the Gunkid.

Gunkid, predictably, made his appearance on one of the threads discussing the best survival rifle.  He had already been banned from at least one other forum at this point, as evidenced by a handful of people who were already familiar with him.  He was still using the name Gunkid at this point in time, though.  It is possible he had used another alias before Gunkid, and I think I remember that being the case, although the exact name is probably lost to time at this point.

Anyhow, the very first Gunkid post I saw was advocating his view that the only rifle one needed in a survival situation was an AR with a .22 conversion kit and a homemade silencer.  There was no need for any other caliber, including .223.  How could any logical person propose such a thing, it was asked?  Gunkid felt that if one restricted ones activities to moving by night, sneaking up on the unwary, shooting them in the back of the head, and stealing their possessions, larger calibers were unneccessary.

The thread degenerated pretty rapidly into the now trademark pattern of Gunkid posting some BS, being met with incredulity and some hostility, and immediately launching into a temper tantrum fit for a two year old because his genius went unrecognized.  Everyone was a poser who knew nothing and Gunkid would show them when the SHTF.

A cycle developed on Frugal's forums.  Gunkid would post the latest iteration of his survival plan, would be criticized, and later, after the depth of his idiocy was revealed, attacked, by the more rational members.  Gunkid would then fly into rage, throw a temper tantrum, sometimes make personal threats, and then always back down when called on the threats.  Then Gunkid would retreat for a few days, think up new variations to his plan to address the criticism, and the cycle would repeat.  The variations were, without fail, increasingly ridiculous in each cycle.

This went on for a few months, I believe, until some new and interesting information developed.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:27:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Ok, I'll post a series of Gunkid stories throughout the night.

The first point that is important to remember is that Gunkid's grand strategy had two cornerstones.  If you keep these key components in mind then all will become clear.  Gunkid's strategy for SHTF revolved around his suppressed AR with .22 conversion kit and homemade silencer and his supposed ability to carry ungodly amounts of supplies in a wheelbarrow.

When SHTF, he planned on living a nomadic lifestyle, ferrying his supplies around in the wheelbarrow and ambushing unwary civilians from close range with his suppressed .22.  He later elaborated on this plan and added several variations, but the main theme remained unchanged.  I'll cover his plan in more detail in the coming series of stories.

Correct!

Those who keep mentioning 10/22 and .38 are confusing Gunkid with Imbroglio.

Gunkid is the "lone operator" type of survivalist who uses and E&E stategey and stealing what he need rather that getting into direct conflict.

He used to post alot of Frugals and Assault Web.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:29:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gecko45 - My (then) 18 year old son.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:59:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:07:07 PM EDT
[#20]
As I recall, the advantages to the debarked chihuahua were that it could be trained to alert you to an intruder without making any noise, and it didn't eat much.  

I also remember his thing with 80% .45's.  I think he said he could finish one off with a file and a couple hacksaw blades soldered together.  That guy was a trip.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Well according to some around here since he's out and has paid his debt to society, he should have his right to bear arms confirmed.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:59:10 PM EDT
[#22]

and he took 2000 rounds of 7.62 x .39 ammo for my SKS and now it seems real hard to find that ammo.

PEAK AMMO IS UPON US!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:01:18 PM EDT
[#23]
tag
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#24]
I remember that idiot from Full-auto.com & preban.com . Man he would  post so much in the shortest amount of time and piss everybody off while doing it.

Hey 50cal didnt Gunkid also go by the name cactusjack back then?    

God I hope he doesnt reproduce.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:08:25 PM EDT
[#25]
God jesus. How can anyone be such an asshole?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Hey 50cal didnt Gunkid also go by the name cactusjack back then?    

Nope, different guys.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:18:00 PM EDT
[#27]
So, getting back to the guy quoted in jrzy's original post... if he knew Gun Kid was an AH, why did he let him get close enough (apparently living in his house) to steal his money and guns?

If he knew where the guy was, wasn't law enforcement interested in a felon in possession of firearms?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#28]
taggen sie Thread.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:25:18 PM EDT
[#29]
tag-o-rama
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:37:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Entertainment
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:37:38 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
So, getting back to the guy quoted in jrzy's original post... if he knew Gun Kid was an AH, why did he let him get close enough (apparently living in his house) to steal his money and guns?

If he knew where the guy was, wasn't law enforcement interested in a felon in possession of firearms?

Gunkids wife wrote the post jrzy quoted.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:43:51 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gunkids wife wrote the post jrzy quoted.

correct
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:45:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Wow. Tag for enormous entertainment value.

JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:49:37 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
gun kid stole guns and is on the lose back to ill.

Here's what I was sent.
I hope they give this fucker life this time.

I'm not saying I told you so but I warned his wife a couple of years back this would happen.

John (Davis - the infamous GunKid) got off parole (January), stole all my money, and left on 2/28 with no warning or note or anything. He left about 10 am that morning and I didn't know he was gone until about 4 or 5 pm that evening when I discovered the money gone. I thought he had just stolen the refinance money we got to see us through the winter, but in fact, he stole my gold that I had been slowly building up over the years, so the cash was $20,000 and the gold was $10,000 and he stole all my weapons and ammo and left me totally defenseless and completely broke with no money to cushion myself or my companies.

Can you imagine, he took not only his guns which I wouldn't let him keep in the house because he was a felon, but also he took all of mine which I kept in my storage so it wouldn't be anywhere around us and he took 2000 rounds of 7.62 x .39 ammo for my SKS and now it seems real hard to find that ammo. A gun person leaving his wife totally defenseless? I would never have thought he would do that. He even stole the gun that my ex husband gave to me as a gift. How low can you go on that one. In addition, listen to this one, he stole the 18 months of food supply I had patiently and carefully bought, recorded, and packed over an 8 month period and then stored underground in a concrete bunker. So what does he do??? He traded the food for rent with the same guy he bought into the business with and the guy stores the food above ground and the food thus has been frozen and now with heat increasing above ground the food going to overheat. It will ruin all that food. Can you believe it??? He took the food right out of my mouth, literally. Unbelievable. And then managed to screw that up as well.

Of course that still makes him unacceptable as a self centered narcissistic personality. It's just that he is emotionally immature and unable to care as much for others as he cares for himself.

With that money he stole he bought into a machining company in Bloomington, Illinois with guys who know it was stolen money, so if anyone lives in Bloomington and knows a ''Butch Lane'', don't trust him, either in his machining jobs or in anything else because he accepted stolen money and the food for rent and he knew that it was stolen as well.

He did all this so he could make his 80% frames. (where you make the pistol frame to 80% of whole and then you don't have to have a number on it for registration. Its missing critical parts - that makes it legal to sell with out all the hoopla.Then the buyer puts the rest of it together and completes the gun. You machine the frame and some of the parts but not all, so its not really a gun when you sell it.). He had been trying to do that for years here and kept messing up on them and ruining them, so now I guess he thinks it will be better for him if he owned the company. I would warn everyone not to buy them cause he was really having a difficult time making them. He simply is too sloppy and careless to do a good job.

He didn't even give me the keys back to everything - (gates, storage (2) or office or home so I had to rekey everything), or paperwork, nor did he sign off of the bank accounts so I have had to set up bank accounts on my own which cost precious time and money..

I am devastated and so mad at myself for being so taken in and fooled by him

Wow, talk about a folksy little piece of Americana.  Stolen gold, cottage industry, illicit activities, weapy-eyed ladies; all of the essential elements are represented.  This clown sounds like 100 other members here who are hunkered down in their parents basements.  I'm sure they all see themselves as unappreciated geniuses.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:53:51 PM EDT
[#35]
tagarooonie
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:58:38 PM EDT
[#36]
So Napolean Tannerite is GunKid,it makes sense now.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:06:41 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
>snip<

nah.  McUzi may have been a racist putz, at least trying something he mentioned wouldnt get you killed..
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:07:41 PM EDT
[#38]
What, only 4 pages?  Come on you slackers, more nutjob stories!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:08:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Excellent stuff.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:12:52 PM EDT
[#40]
tag
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:13:54 PM EDT
[#41]
This is the last one for the night before I go to bed.  I'll cover some of the variations on his plan tomorrow night and go further into detail about some of Gunkid's idiocy.  It is way too much to cover in one sitting.

During one of the cycles, a police officer who was familiar with Gunkid in real life posted some interesting information.  Apparently, Gunkid had been arrested for drug possession and had done time for it.  Being a convicted felon, Gunkid could not possess a firearm.  By this time the level of his idiocy was well-known on the board and he was taunted mercilessly about this once it came to light.  These taunts provoked the inevitable threat of physical harm to the taunter; however, when the taunter responded, Gunkid would cower and backtrack in the most embarassing manner.  Even I felt embarassed for him.  It culminated with one of the members of the board going looking for Gunkid after one too many threats.  Gunkid laid low for about two weeks during and after the search, posting not a thing, before returning to the boards and resuming posting as usual.

These taunts also brought out one of Gunkids favorite retorts.  When challenged on his inability to own firearms, Gunkid would respond by calling the police and the feds "idiots" and claim that he could outwit and avoid them, and would do what he pleased.  He bragged loudly about building his own silencers and owning weapons despite "the feds who were out to get him".  This attitude, plus a threat towards the police officer who posted the information, led to Gunkid getting arrested for possession of a brick of .22 LR ammunition and an illegal silencer, among other possible charges.  He went away to federal prison for this and was locked safely away for several years, until he returned with a vengeance in the early 2000s.

However, it was during this period of about a year, during which he was posting on Frugal's forum and many other forums, that the legend of Gunkid was formed.  During this time period, he was banned from Frugal's at least twice and returned under alternate names, and posted at most of the other survival and shooting forums also, being banned from most of them for being an ass, advocating illegal activities, and general dumbassery.  It was during this time that Gunkid's tactical doctrines of assault wheelbarrows, suppressed .22s, debarked attack chihuahuas, assault rafts, and other examples of outside-the-box thinking were developed as a response to criticism of his SHTF strategy.

Gunkid has been mostly marginalized in the internet firearms community since that time.  After his year long rampage through the shooting forums, he is now recognized by site staff at first post and banned immediately.  Also, his two subsequent incarcerations have imposed forced moritoriums on Gunkid's posting.  Several novel tactics have been implemented to shuffle him off into obscure corners where he can do no harm, including giving him his own forum, where he made up new accounts to reply to threads he started.  Yes, the entire forum consisted of the many faces of Gunkid posting and replying to himself.  Sadly, none of these containment strategies succeeded in the long term.  It seems the most effective way to contain Gunkid is to lock him away in prison.

Fortunately, he is limited to guerilla posting these days, getting at most a dozen posts before being banned and driven away.  This limits everyone's exposure to concentrated idiocy and minimizes disruption on the gun sites.  Unfortunately, this means that you young guys never get the full Gunkid experience and can't possibly comprehend what a dumbass this guy is.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:07:07 AM EDT
[#42]
So Louie,have you made it your lifes work to chronicle the GunKid adventures ? You must be writing a book about him,just tell us where and when we will be able to purchase it.Your stories are well thought out and written, and would make for great reading.

I am thinking Gunkid is your alter ego,you know a little too much.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:19:06 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I remember him from back in the day at www.assaultweb.net I haven't seen him here though.  He was the king of the 10/22 and .38 crowd.

Hell, I remember seeing him around Frugal Squirrel's in the mid-90s. I do have some insights on him. I met  John through a ad I put in some survival magazine back around '93. I was thinking of moving to Montana, and was looking for some people to hook up with (no racists/white supremacists, etc, just regular guys). John wrote me, and kept writing. As in 3-4 letters a week. He had some interesting ideas, but most were just way out there.

We kept up correspondence for several years (mostly for amusement value, but he did have SOME useful ideas), til he was released on parole (I had by then figured out that he was in prison; and he even admitted it). He never accepted my offer to have him come on out here and meet. The guy could NOT keep out of trouble. I don't know whether he wanted to be put back in the joint subconciously (as is a common phenomenon in long-term prisoners) or what, but he was trouble.

Once he got a computer and got on the boards, the shit really hit the fan. He was as described by others; a real loose cannon. I got fed up with his shit after I heard some outrageous statements he made, and I asked him about them. He wouldn't answer me, so I said screw this, I don't want to be associated with this guy anymore. There you go.

I'm not real suprised he's in trouble again. I'm suprised he managed to stay out of prison this long, frankly.

I was not able to verify any of his claims to fame, and frankly, it being the pre-internet days, it would have been pretty hard to do so. He gave me some interesting gear ideas, most of which I tried out. Most didn't work out the greatest, but hey, you have to experiment and think out of the box at times.

I did definitely disagree with his idea of lone-wolfing it and whacking lone people. His ideas were of a predatory nature, and frankly, quite nuts. E&E with a superior force post SHTF, okay. Looting and pillaging, NO.

I am not at all suprised he screwed over his wife.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:35:09 AM EDT
[#44]
tag
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:58:38 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I remember the wheelbarrow thing, but not much of the rest.

Wait, I think I've heard of this guy with his assault wheelbarrow idea but I always thought it was an elaborate joke. Are you all saying that this guy was for real and wasn't joking?

So that's where the "All you need is a .22 and a .38" thing comes from, huh? Again, was he serious about that? Wow.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:00:03 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I remember the wheelbarrow thing, but not much of the rest.

Wait, I think I've heard of this guy with his assault wheelbarrow idea but I always thought it was an elaborate joke. Are you all saying that this guy was for real and wasn't joking?

So that's where the "All you need is a .22 and a .38" thing comes from, huh? Again, was he serious about that? Wow.

No, no joke. He was serious in his beliefs.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:52:03 AM EDT
[#47]
He has to be seriously 10-96. His rantings are very very similar to people who call us all the time from halfway houses.

Someone should put him on Wikipedia. If anyone deserves it, he does.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:15:03 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
He has to be seriously 10-96. His rantings are very very similar to people who call us all the time from halfway houses.

Someone should put him on Wikipedia. If anyone deserves it, he does.

Dang, all we need is a picture.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:20:32 AM EDT
[#49]
You've got to admit, launching four attacking Chihuahuas from a wheelbarrow is priceless.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:22:27 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
ungodly amounts of supplies in a wheelbarrow.

The very idea of "ungodly" amounts of ammo makes me laugh uncontrolably. My tummy hurts now.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top