Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2024 1:29:56 PM EDT
2024 New Tanggula X5 PRO Android TV Box, 4GB/128GB 2.4G/5G WiFi Multimedia Player with Voice Control TVBOX

These run around $359 and you can get them on Amazon and Ebay.

I currently still use an old FireTV device from 2015 for my media player/streaming device. I really didn't have any plans on replacing it at this time as it does what I need it to do.

For the most part it still works fine, but sometimes I have to reboot it.

It also doesn't do any kind of higher def than 1080P, which I don't care about at this time as I still am using an old 55" Plasma 1080P tv, but if I ever decide to buy a new tv, would love a new media player that does the higher 4K , etc.

While watching youtube I stumbled onto these. They supposedly give you a lifetime free subscription to their live tv and movie database. Not sure how they are getting away with that one.

I more am interested in it as it has much better processor, gb lan port in addition to wifi6 so I can keep it hardwired on my home network, way more ram and storage space, mutiple USB ports and HDMI supports up to 8K supposedly.

Figure if I get this I would be covered for latest tv tech for while when I do buy a new tv. etc. and I can reload all the apps I use on it (amazon prime, netflix, hulu, and others etc.) in the meantime and retire the firetv box.

Of course all the youtube reviews on it are great, etc. but would love to hear from someone not on youtube who actually owns one. If anyone on here does, I would love to hear your thoughts on it.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:34:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 12:27:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Was hoping to get more feedback. will try just asking in GD
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 3:10:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Does everything you need.

ONN TV streaming box

Or get the shield pro its only $200

These are better choices, no chinese junk ware.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top