Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 4/1/2024 7:59:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tholo]
Let's do some data mining like GD.
I'll start:
Ender 3 - sold cheap to sucker somebody else into the hobby side
Ender 5 S1 - sold cheap to the Ender 3 guy, who sold the 3 again for the same reason. Spreading the love. Eta: both of these still run well.
Bambu x1 combo - currently running
Voron 2.4 350 - under construction
At work:
Prusa mk 4, qidi xmax 3, bambu p1s
All of these worked straight out of the box with no fooling around.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:02:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BFskinner] [#1]
BNC3D Epsilon W27

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:22:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Only two personally now. A flash forge creator 3 pro and a 12k Phrozen resin printer.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 8:56:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Ummmm I have 7. I'll start first to last.

1. Ender 5Pro (modded)
2. Ender 5Plus (modded)
3. FOKOOS Odin 5 F3 ($99 POS)
4. Flying Bear Ghost 6 ($250 POS, but has some potential)
5. FLSUN V400 (F'ing big Delta printer)
6. FLSUN SR (Modded w/ same hardware as V400, meh, meh+)
7. Creality K1 MAX (Current bestie)

All bought new except for the Ender 5Pro and the FLSUN V400. All have their own pluses and minuses. I may sell off the SR and the 5Plus to swing another K1 MAX tho'. I'm really liking this printer every day.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:11:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: j-barcarp] [#4]
Two ender 3 V2’s, both worked fine (when they felt like it)
both were cannibalized to make a belt printer and a recreator filament machine.
Both of those are still not functioning….

Four ender 3 pros, bought at microcenter on double secret sale,$50 each…
Heavily modified them all with klipper and klicky probes….and they work great or they dont…randomly….

One prusa mk3+ that i share with the dude who got me into 3d printing…works.

Four kingroon mini’s that we take with us (in cases) on odd jobs...they work pretty well for what they are..

one sunlu S8 that was a “pos” from day one and i finally bought an ender 3 main board and rebuilt it as a
300 mm ender 3 pro with split dual z, running klipper and klippy probe.

One creality cr10-s5 that was a nonfunctional parts kit when i bought it and now its a…..500mm ender 3 with split dual z, running klipper and a klippy probe.

The 300 and the 500 are hit or miss…parts breakage and constant fiddling….

Seriously thinking about bailing on them all and getting a big money machine that just prints stuff….
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:17:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I got my kids a Tina2S to play with.

I was so impressed with this “toy” printer that I have a Bambu P1S with AMS arriving this week.

The P1S seems to be the sweet spot for a beginner printer for someone who wants to print things rather than troubleshoot benchys

Maybe I’ll regret not getting the X1C time will tell.

Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:27:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MudBug] [#6]
I started with an Anet A8+ which I just gave away today.

Now I have;

An FLSUN Q5 which is fucking awesome and fast but has a small build plate. (I can barely fit a G17 frame on it)

An Any cubic resin printer which I have yet to use.

A Flash Forge Adventurer 5m Pro which so far is kicking ass.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:35:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sgtgeo:
I got my kids a Tina2S to play with.

I was so impressed with this "toy" printer that I have a Bambu P1S with AMS arriving this week.

The P1S seems to be the sweet spot for a beginner printer for someone who wants to print things rather than troubleshoot benchys

Maybe I'll regret not getting the X1C time will tell.

View Quote
I think you are right on the p1s. I haven't stressed the one at work yet, but it is nice.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 9:37:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not into resin printers/don't really know anything about them. Someone who is should data mine for those.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 10:57:37 PM EDT
[#9]
OP, what do you do at work with them?

Bambu X1C now.  I went through Ender 3 and 5, and Prusa Mk2.  Eventually I figured out I wanted to print things, not think about printers.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:28:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#10]
In order:

MK3S+ w/MMU2
Ender 3 Pro (just to confirm the superiority of the Prusa...confirmed )
Another MK3S+ w/MMU3
X1C

Next will be another X1C, or, wishful thinking, Bambu releases a large format XL1C.

I'd love to keep one setup at 0.4, and the other at 0.6.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:45:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By mPisi:
OP, what do you do at work with them?

Bambu X1C now.  I went through Ender 3 and 5, and Prusa Mk2.  Eventually I figured out I wanted to print things, not think about printers.
View Quote
I work in electronics mfg. Mostly assembly tooling/jigs. Some organizing projects and brackets.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:14:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 6:45:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gtfoxy] [#13]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:
In order:

MK3S+ w/MMU2
Ender 3 Pro (just to confirm the superiority of the Prusa...confirmed )
Another MK3S+ w/MMU3
X1C

Next will be another X1C, or, wishful thinking, Bambu releases a large format XL1C.

I'd love to keep one setup at 0.4, and the other at 0.6.
View Quote

In the interview with CNC Kitchen a larger version was brought up. It’s going to be their next generation, with what ever advances are cooked up, rather than just a scaled up 1 series.

It’s going to be wild if it’s as revolutionary as the X1 series was, but he said it’s on the road map.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 6:54:15 AM EDT
[#14]
I have a Prusa mk4 that I am selling and I bought to Bambu x1 carbon with the AMU to replace the mk4. I got tired of waiting for the Prusa MMU for the mk4.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 6:57:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By mPisi:
Eventually I figured out I wanted to print things, not think about printers.
View Quote

That is why I started with an X1C.   I know a dozen people with printers and ten of them spend too much time tinkering with their printers.   The guys with the X1/X1C's just print.   It is working very well for me.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:16:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By bradleyswine:
I have a Prusa mk4 that I am selling and I bought to Bambu x1 carbon with the AMU to replace the mk4. I got tired of waiting for the Prusa MMU for the mk4.
View Quote

The MMU3 has been available for a LONG time. I didn't even really have to wait for mine. Two weeks maybe?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:48:38 AM EDT
[#17]

The MMU3 has been available for a LONG time. I didn't even really have to wait for mine. Two weeks maybe?
View Quote
They still aren't shipping the MMU3 for the MK4. Website says late March, I haven't seen an update yet here in April.

I'm still shopping for my first printer. I love the idea of Prusa open source, not China. The Bambu printers look great but I'm concerned about the close source, China, questionable support.
I haven't made up my mind yet I'd like to see reviews on the MMU3 on the MK4 but if Prusa doesn't get a move on I might give up and go Bambu, it's available and cheaper.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 9:53:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By sonaliel:
They still aren't shipping the MMU3 for the MK4. Website says late March, I haven't seen an update yet here in April.

I'm still shopping for my first printer. I love the idea of Prusa open source, not China. The Bambu printers look great but I'm concerned about the close source, China, questionable support.
I haven't made up my mind yet I'd like to see reviews on the MMU3 on the MK4 but if Prusa doesn't get a move on I might give up and go Bambu, it's available and cheaper.
View Quote

Is the MMU3 different for the MK3S and MK4? Maybe it is. I've had my MMU3 for ages.

I'll say the MMU3 is a very strong implementation of MM but it has the same limitations as all single extruder MM printers. It comes out of the box 99% reliable, which is a huge improvement over the MMU2 I had. That said there are still little quirks here and there, but nothing major.

The AMS this far has been flawless but I'm not a fan of not being able to actively dry filament as it is in the AMS. I wonder if there is a way to bypass the spool holder now that I think about it...I bet there is.

Anywho, the MMU3 is a great unit, no complaints, except the buffer. So many better ways to buffer filament than their repetitively complicated designs they latch onto.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 2:01:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Monoprice Maker Ultimate - given to me as a Christmas present and my first printer.

Ender 5 Plus - got to upgrade from the Monoprice and for the larger build volume.

Ender 3 Pro - picked up from microcenter for $99 for the kids so they had their own printer.

Next upgrade will be something with multi filament option.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 4:15:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 4:15:54 PM EDT
[#21]

But why?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:02:38 PM EDT
[#22]
I didn't expect bambu to outpace the ender clan that's been out a lot longer.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:13:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Started with an Anet A8+

Then a FLSUN Q5 which is a fantastic little printer.

I just gave away the Anet to a tech that works for me. (Good kid), and bought a Flash Forge Adventurer 5M Pro which is amazing.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 11:26:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Four year old modded Ender 3

Prints really nice until I tweak something a little to much the have to go back to square one.

Happy with my prints when the Ender stars align.

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:22:14 PM EDT
[#25]
I've got 4 printers, listed in the order I got them.

1. Tevo Tornado with upgrades
2. Ender 5 plus with upgrades
3. Creality K1
4. Elegoo Neptune 4 pro

Honestly the Elegoo has been the best. It just runs with no drama, the K1 has spent more time in pieces than it has running.
I run all 4 on solar power,  only the K1 has seen commercial power lol
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:27:02 PM EDT
[#26]
I have a Prusa MK4, built from the kit (it kicked ass for about 6 months) and a X1 Carbon Combo.  The MK4 hasn't been retired yet, I need to build a table for it.  But, it is now sitting idle under the X1C Carbon on a lower table shelf.  The X1C is my go to these days, this thing is amazing.  No tinkering, just send the file and let it do it's thing.

After looking into the MMU and an enclosure for the MK4, I decided it wasn't worth it when compared to the X1C cost wise.

Caveat, I don't run a printer farm, I'm just a home gamer that plays with FDM printing, cost isn't a large concern for me within reason.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:32:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Saker13:
I have a Prusa MK4, built from the kit (it kicked ass for about 6 months) and a X1 Carbon Combo.  The MK4 hasn't been retired yet, I need to build a table for it.  But, it is now sitting idle under the X1C Carbon on a lower table shelf.  The X1C is my go to these days, this thing is amazing.  No tinkering, just send the file and let it do it's thing.

After looking into the MMU and an enclosure for the MK4, I decided it wasn't worth it when compared to the X1C cost wise.

Caveat, I don't run a printer farm, I'm just a home gamer that plays with FDM printing, cost isn't a large concern for me within reason.
View Quote

I will say the MMU3 is fantastic.

The ability to actively dry your filaments while doing MM is a plus.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Saker13:

I printed the Desiccant baskets for the back (2) and front (3) of the X1C AMS.  No issues so far and the desiccant I got from Amazon is rechargeable.  Since the AMS is sealed, I should be good for a while.  The filaments I have that are not loaded are in a box with some Damp Rid.  I have a filament dryer available from my Ender 3V2 days.

I can use the filament dryer for TPU if needed using an AMS bypass that can be printed.

All that being said, the MK4 is a great machine, just not the best for me right now.

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:26:41 PM EDT
[#29]

But why?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

But why?

3 is 2, 2 is 1, 1 is none.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:34:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By ScooterInVegas:

3 is 2, 2 is 1, 1 is none.
View Quote

Why is the screen different on your P1S-A?
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:48:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Got 7 printers, 5 FDM 2 SLA

PrintrBot Simple Metal - roughly 10 years old
Ender3 pro - converted to Voron Enderwire
Voron Trident 300mm
Voron 2.4 r2 250mm
Bambu P1S
Anycubic Photon Mono X 6
Creality Halot One
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:50:19 PM EDT
[#32]

Why is the screen different on your P1S-A?
View Quote

I think that looks like an XTouch screen upgrade
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:56:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By sanitywarped:

I think that looks like an XTouch screen upgrade
View Quote

Thanks!

Link Posted: 4/5/2024 11:38:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 12:01:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Put me on the list with money in hand to buy the RatRig VCore 4 500mmx500mm when it is released later the month. For what I want to print I need the XY volume not so much the Z. I don't want a bed slinger. Also needs to be enclosed so I can print ASA.

Was going to buy the VCore 3.1 but they sold out before I could get my ducks herded.

Also watching closely the VMill to be released soon. Looks to be going after the Milo Mill market.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 10:17:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Saker13] [#36]
My first ABS print.  Bambu X1C and Bambu ABS filament:

Hope this works out, haven't used Imgur in years...

Link Posted: 4/5/2024 10:20:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Saker13] [#37]
And it didn't work.....Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 10:27:50 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 1:59:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Here's my list in order.

Ender 5 Pro - Now converted to a core XY machine running klipper https://zerog.one/. Best modification ever was doing the Zero G Merc1 mod.

Ender 3 Pro - Bought to increase production of the things I sell. Well it took months of tuning to get it printing good. Frame was way out of square, so I used aluminum foil as shims and converted it to a belted Z https://kevinakasam.com/belt-driven-ender-3/. This thing prints awesome now, but it's super slow. Also, running klipper on it, but I need to upgrade the PI Zero to the PI Zero 2W. This way I can do input shaping on it to push the speeds up some.

QIDI X Plus 3 - Another printer bought to increase my production capacity, but also purchased because it has a heated chamber for some 2A prints. This printer has been a solid workhorse for the month I've had it.

Bambu P1S with AMS - Business needs justified I needed more production again. I just unboxed it today. Still need to calibrate for the filament I use.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 8:38:36 AM EDT
[#40]
I have the Bambu Labs X1C Combo.  I just want to design and print things and this is the easy button.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:01:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By hooooon:
I have the Bambu Labs X1C Combo.  I just want to design and print things and this is the easy button.
View Quote
I have the same and am considering buying the A1 mini for no reason than it will replace my Prusa MK4 and take up less space for smaller prints.  The X1C just works for PLA, PETG, ABS, and ASA.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:04:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:10:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Rat_Patrol:
I have an A1 Mini on my desk right now. It does NOT have a smaller footprint than an MK4, FYI. The X axis is "long" to accommodate the filament purging off the bed to the left, and sticks out to the right a bit more than you may think, plus the spool sits further off to the right. I mean it may be an inch narrower, but it isn't much.
View Quote
I wasn't looking at the A1 mini with the AMS lite.  Just a single spool, mainly to use filaments that don't fit in the AMS.  I have a dryer available.

Doesn't really matter right now since I have been spending my hobby funds on a ton of PLA and some ABS, ASA, PETG, PLA-CF, etc.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 5:54:27 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:17:23 PM EDT
[#45]
A1 mini can't do abs, Asa. No hotter than petg.
View Quote
True, but it is the perfect printer for peeps that will only pull prints from the various websites.  In other words, they don't give a damn about learning Fusion 360$$$
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:27:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cybercop] [#46]
Originally Posted By Snatchsquatch:
I've got 4 printers, listed in the order I got them.

1. Tevo Tornado with upgrades
2. Ender 5 plus with upgrades
3. Creality K1
4. Elegoo Neptune 4 pro

Honestly the Elegoo has been the best. It just runs with no drama, the K1 has spent more time in pieces than it has running.
I run all 4 on solar power,  only the K1 has seen commercial power lol
View Quote
I just picked up an elegoo Neptune 4 Plus, and my experience mirrors yours. Took it out of the box leveled the bed and started making prints, no drama. I have to say for an "off" brand I never heard of except in their sale add, I'm impressed.
Did you happen to catch the new one their bringing out, looks like it will print a 3 foot cube! and will use four print heads for bulk printing. I can't wait to see the eye watering cost on that one.
https://www.elegoo.com/pages/elegoo-orangestorm-giga
Jim
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:29:40 PM EDT
[#47]
A1 mini can't do abs, Asa. No hotter than petg.
View Quote

I don't know if it's a hot thing, or an enclosure thing.

The A1 Mini Hotend handles up to 300ºC according to their site.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:35:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rat_Patrol] [#48]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:40:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#49]
Bed is only 80. That won't fly with ABS/ASA. Maybe something really small, but that cold of a bed? If nothing, layer adhesion would be garbage.
View Quote

Ah I didn't even look at the bed. Fair enough.

Or put blue painters tape down for the win!
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:42:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
3d printers, whatcha got (Page 1 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top