Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 2:25:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm a couple hundred hours in now.  Check airman I've been flying a lot with lately saying I'm crushing it.  Apparently I'm being fast tracked on flight time to expedite upgrade.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 3:45:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:25:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: disco_jon75] [#4]
320 hours down! Another 60 hours until I drop apps to the legacies.  Plan is to hire an application review agency and interview prep.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:15:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By disco_jon75:
320 hours down! Another 60 hours until I drop apps to the legacies.  Plan is to hire an application review agency and interview prep.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/105802/20240326_144513-3172272.jpg
View Quote

My hero.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:03:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: disco_jon75] [#6]
Originally Posted By Bklyn_Irish:

My hero.
View Quote

My old friend, this hasn't been an easy road.  Salary is 1/4 what I made as an overseas CTR and I'm actually gone more.... but I'm so much happier.  I look forward to going to work each day.  My Captains laugh at me for sticking my nose on the window the whole flight.

"Oh wow! There's Key West"
"Theres Marathon!"
"Havana!"
"A shooting star!"

I'm a bit overwhelmed at the compliments I get from my Captains

"Dude, you're crushing it."

And the sim instructors who stay at the same hotel we are at in Miami.  One of them, a former Delta Professional Services instructor,  told me I'll make a great check airman or chief pilot because of the leadership he sees me demonstrating outside of the cockpit.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 3:09:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Get the apps in and keep them updated. Its getting a bit more competitive now. Not to dissuade you, but just to say you need to run a right ship. Prepped apps and interview prep.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:44:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By CFII:
Get the apps in and keep them updated. Its getting a bit more competitive now. Not to dissuade you, but just to say you need to run a right ship. Prepped apps and interview prep.
View Quote

Yeah. I did application review and interview prep previously for another job I decided not to take, but I will definitely be getting their help in preparing for my legacy applications.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:57:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By disco_jon75:
View Quote

Hit your hour mark yet?

Are you attending any of the upcoming job fairs (PAPA / OBAP / RTAG)?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:44:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By tReznr:

Hit your hour mark yet?

Are you attending any of the upcoming job fairs (PAPA / OBAP / RTAG)?
View Quote

He missed the boat. He'll enjoy a long career at Dragster.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top