Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
75 Hard-advice needed (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/23/2023 9:00:32 PM EDT
I’m a fairly healthy person. Lab work comes back good each year. No major medical issues. 36 y/o. 5’9”. 185

I drink occasionally. Eat cheeseburgers.  Might partake in some flower cigarettes every now and then. (Legal in my state)

I haven’t worked out in months and months.

I am on my 3rd day of 75 hard. So far, so good.  Bike in morning. Workout at night. But I started seeing spots this morning. I think the gallon of water is flushing out my electrolytes. Been eating pistachios and fruit like it’s going out of style.

I am doing the paleo diet.

Can anyone give me some advice on good snacks to eat?  Ways to keep salted up without drinking Pedialyte?

I’m trying to do no sugar.

1. Follow a diet
2. Workout twice a day for at least 45 minutes with one workout outside
3. Drink 4 liters of water per day
4. Read 10 pages of nonfiction each day
5. Take a progress picture each day

Thank you!!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 5:37:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you need a gallon of water a day?

If you aren't thirsty, and your piss is clear, you don't need to drink water.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 6:14:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I had to look up 75Hard.  Why would you want to jump into two-a-days 7 days a week after not working out for months?  That's your problem, not the electrolytes.  Most professional athletes aren't doing two day workouts for 2.5 months straight.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 7:31:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Have you considered just trying to make some realistic diet and fitness
lifestyle changes that would actually be manageable over a long period of time?  I also had to look up what “75 Hard” was, but it looks like it would be a recipe for failure for a large majority of people.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 8:35:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stewie97] [#4]
old Wisconsin beef sticks, thick cut pepperoni slices, pickles, green olives are all good salty snacks

spots during your workout? after?

it was crazy hot out, you could probably drink two gallons of water and not catch up with your sweat.

Link Posted: 8/24/2023 9:33:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jarcese:
I had to look up 75Hard.  Why would you want to jump into two-a-days 7 days a week after not working out for months?  That's your problem, not the electrolytes.  Most professional athletes aren't doing two day workouts for 2.5 months straight.
View Quote

I work outside for a living. Although I haven’t actively “worked out”, i still am not a complete fat piece of Shit.

Thanks for the advice
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 9:57:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stewie97] [#6]
View Quote

You know a workout can vary in intensity, right? A 45 minute stroll around the neighborhood counts as an outdoor workout, and while not exactly taxing it sure eats up some calories if done consistently.

Link Posted: 8/24/2023 10:10:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Trod7308:

I work outside for a living. Although I haven’t actively “worked out”, i still am not a complete fat piece of Shit.

Thanks for the advice
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thanks for the advice

I didn't say you were.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 10:21:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By stewie97:

You know a workout can vary in intensity, right? A 45 minute stroll around the neighborhood counts as an outdoor workout, and while not exactly taxing it sure eats up some calories if done consistently.

View Quote

Yeah I can walk 45 minutes and play around with pink dumbells for 45 minutes, but that really wouldn't be a challenge.  I'm gathering from various readings that the challenge is meant to be more than just moving lightly twice a day.  Maybe I'm getting the wrong idea.

To answer OP's original question without a critique of the routine, Pedialyte Sport is the best I've tried.  It does not taste like regular Pedialyte.  Gatorade makes a similar mixture now.  I forgot what it's called, but most stores sell it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 10:30:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:
Do you need a gallon of water a day?

If you aren't thirsty, and your piss is clear, you don't need to drink water.
View Quote

Clear piss is a good sign.
I mix 50/50 Gatorade and water to keep electrolyte levels up when exercising or working outside.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 10:33:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Yeah I can walk 45 minutes and play around with pink dumbells for 45 minutes, but that really wouldn't be a challenge.  I'm gathering from various readings that the challenge is meant to be more than just moving lightly twice a day.  Maybe I'm getting the wrong idea.

To answer OP's original question without a critique of the routine, Pedialyte Sport is the best I've tried.  It does not taste like regular Pedialyte.  Gatorade makes a similar mixture now.  I forgot what it's called, but most stores sell it.
View Quote

The challenge is doing it 75 days in a row to create good healthy habits.

The point of  my post was you can vary your intensity to avoid injury. It doesn't have to be football practice two a days. You can do it smart.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 10:37:39 AM EDT
[#11]

The point of  my post was you can vary your intensity to avoid injury. It doesn't have to be football practice two a days. You can do it smart.
View All Quotes

I get your point.  It's a challenge of varying degrees depending on how active you already are.  OP is to the point of seeing spots 3 days in though including manual outdoor labor on top of it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 11:14:55 AM EDT
[#12]
This reminds me of Something about Mary and "7 minute abs" vs 8 minute abs. Why 75 lol? J/K.

Anyhow, seeing spots/stars is almost always more indicative of lack of oxygen than lack of electrolytes.

It's a little strange since it was on the bike. Was it prolonged max intensity? If you're pushing it lifting heavy, something like squats or deadlifts, seeing stars isn't that uncommon. I've never had it happen with max intensity cardio though, like running, bike, or row, but I know people who have/do. YMMV, but I don't think it's electrolytes.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 1:39:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By anono:
This reminds me of Something about Mary and "7 minute abs" vs 8 minute abs. Why 75 lol? J/K.

Anyhow, seeing spots/stars is almost always more indicative of lack of oxygen than lack of electrolytes.

It's a little strange since it was on the bike. Was it prolonged max intensity? If you're pushing it lifting heavy, something like squats or deadlifts, seeing stars isn't that uncommon. I've never had it happen with max intensity cardio though, like running, bike, or row, but I know people who have/do. YMMV, but I don't think it's electrolytes.
View Quote

I hung a tree stand the night before. In 95 degree heat. Long sleeves long pants. I think that had a lot to do with it. Spots stopped sometime in the late morning.

Link Posted: 8/24/2023 1:42:46 PM EDT
[#14]

I get your point.  It's a challenge of varying degrees depending on how active you already are.  OP is to the point of seeing spots 3 days in though including manual outdoor labor on top of it.
View Quote

I bike 7 ish miles in the am. I’m only burning 2-300 cals. I take it pretty light. If I’m tired i coast. Just a mountain bike. I’m no lance.

I am a construction inspector. Lol. No manual labor for me but am out in the heat a bit and a lot of walking.

No spots since yesterday. Only lasted a few hours.

I been eating pickles like they’re going out of style.

To the gatorlyte and pedialyte, I am trying to cut out refined sugar and artificial sweeteners.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I understand. I am over my head.

I think that’s the point.  If you miss one task on the list, you start over at day 1.

I have some shit going on in my immediate family that was messing with my mental well being.

I need this.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 2:30:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I really feel you should be around other people, like an instructor and other people with set goals.

Maybe try a Martial Art, Spin class, Boot Camp Workout, or even a Community Collage Weightlifting Program.  Sometimes we do more harm than good, and it sounds like that is where you are headed.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 2:33:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Pickles aren't going to do much for you when you're bottomed out.  Recovery drinks have sugar in them for a reason.  Honey is a nice natural boost during a workout without refined sugar.

I don't see how you could get messed up that quickly from  doubles other than pushing way to hard or maybe from doing workouts in 90 degree weather.  If it keeps up maybe ask a doctor.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 2:45:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Pickles aren't going to do much for you when you're bottomed out.  Recovery drinks have sugar in them for a reason.  Honey is a nice natural boost during a workout without refined sugar.

I don't see how you could get messed up that quickly from  doubles other than pushing way to hard or maybe from doing workouts in 90 degree weather.  If it keeps up maybe ask a doctor.
View Quote

I was hanging steps and a hang on. Was out there for a couple hours.

Today I have felt great.  

Link Posted: 8/24/2023 2:48:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Don’t listen to the naysayers here.

75 Hard is less about the mechanics of the “program” and more about building the mental fortitude to do something that’s hard for 75 days, unbroken.

Drinking too much water is absolutely not your problem. I drink 2-3 gallons everyday.

But you need to supplement with magnesium and potassium as well as drink 1-2 servings of electrolytes

As far as electrolytes goes I drink and swear by LMNT. It’s sugar free and provides exactly what you need. I work outside all day plus workout and play tennis and love LMNT.

In the evenings I mix it with a BCAAs supplement to help as well.

For snacks I use macadamia nuts, chomps (super clean jerky) also Oats Overnight is an easy fuel to get some carbs. The chocolate banana flavor has super minimal sugar.
Link Posted: 8/24/2023 2:48:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By pr24guy:
I really feel you should be around other people, like an instructor and other people with set goals.

Maybe try a Martial Art, Spin class, Boot Camp Workout, or even a Community Collage Weightlifting Program.  Sometimes we do more harm than good, and it sounds like that is where you are headed.
View Quote

I am in a group of 4 of us doing this.  Neighbor is practicing for half an iron man.

I bike in the morning and have a full on gym in my basement.  

I don’t have time to go to any type of class. I have children and every free second I have I spend with my family.

I do appreciate all the questioning and criticism.  I believe it’s good to step back and look at my situation.

Thank you.

Link Posted: 8/24/2023 2:52:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By JaredC1:

75 Hard is less about the mechanics of the “program” and more about building the mental fortitude to do something that’s hard for 75 days, unbroken.

Drinking too much water is absolutely not your problem. I drink 2-3 gallons everyday.

But you need to supplement with magnesium and potassium as well as drink 1-2 servings of electrolytes

As far as electrolytes goes I drink and swear by LMNT. It’s sugar free and provides exactly what you need. I work outside all day plus workout and play tennis and love LMNT.

For snacks I use macadamia nuts, chomps (super clean jerky) also Oats Overnight is an easy fuel to get some carbs. The chocolate banana flavor has super minimal sugar.
View Quote

I know it takes a while to get through the naysayers sometimes but holy smokes.  

I drank 1.5 gallons yesterday my 3rd day. 2-3 is insane lol do you wear a catheter?

Thank you sir!  

Link Posted: 8/24/2023 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#22]

I drank 1.5 gallons yesterday my 3rd day. 2-3 is insane lol do you wear a catheter?

Thank you sir!  

View All Quotes

Thank you sir!  

It’s 110 degree heat index here and I’m often in attics and garages all day.

Some days even with that much water, I still don’t pee excessively. But I sweat through multiple sets of clothes a day.

But I’ve worked in some form of construction for 25 years now so my body is adjusted.
Link Posted: 8/26/2023 11:39:16 PM EDT
[#23]
I am on day 6. Followed the rules so far. Sticking to the diet. 2 workouts a day.

I am trying to do a paleo diet so the protein powders I currently have are no good. Lots of sugar.

Can any of you help me with recovery, please?

Bcaa’s?

Sugar free protein powder?

Natural ways to recover?  Foam roller?

Maybe I’ll finally buy one of those massage guns.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 7:50:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Sleep, lots of it.

It's the ultimate recovery tool.

Protein too, like a roaster chicken a day or more.
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 8:41:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Sleep, lots of it.

View Quote

Agreed.  Protein and sleep.

BCAA powder is cheap.  Magnesium and zinc supplements can help, also cheap.  

But truthfully OP, you just started a 2/day 7 day/week workout routine.  You can expect to be sore and tired the first 2-3 weeks.  

Link Posted: 8/27/2023 7:37:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Sleep, lots of it.

View Quote

We typically go through 2-3 Costco rotisseries a week.  Gonna have to pump those numbers up.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 6:38:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Have you had an eye exam lately? The spots might have more to do with that than the exercise.
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 11:30:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Keep it up. It's going to suck but you can do it.

Nothing wrong with seeing spots occasionally.

75 days is nothing.

Listen to Jocko podcasts for quick 5 minutes of motivation
Link Posted: 9/30/2023 8:05:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Trod7308] [#29]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
Keep it up. It's going to suck but you can do it.

Nothing wrong with seeing spots occasionally.

75 days is nothing.

Listen to Jocko podcasts for quick 5 minutes of motivation
View Quote

You are right 75 days is nothing. Just a kickstart to the rest of my life and to keep me going.

I’m on day 41.  

I have t see. The spots since the first couple weeks or so and it wasn’t often.

I ran 7 miles like 10 years ago and have been working out off and on but nothing as consistently as I have while sticking to this program.

This week I have went on 2 7 mile runs and a 6 mile run.

I have not deviated from my diet.  0 processed sugar. 0 grains. 0 alcohol.  0 rest days. Only dairy I intake is a teaspoon of keurigold in my morning bullet proof coffee.

@03RN I plan on training for a half marathon, but with no rest days, I’m not sure that’s a good idea for my legs.  Thoughts?

Eta: I guess what I’m saying is I have to do 2 workouts a day per 75 hard. I really want to finish just to get that under my belt. I also really want to Train for the half marathon.

I just would appreciate some input and advice.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:53:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Hey OP, how did the rest of the program go?
Sorry to necropost a dead thread but I just started 75 Hard myself so why not?

I had to make a modification to the program in order to make it realistic for my schedule.  I know that’s against the entire ethos of the program but it was the only way it was gonna work.  I work outside doing  construction and it’s usually pretty physical.  I work four, 10-hour days and I currently have a 1:20 commute each way.  So the only way I was going to be able to get two, 45-minute workouts in would cut into my sleep and I don’t think that’s a good idea.  So on work days I’m only doing one workout.  On any day off work I’ll do both workouts.

I’m in good physical shape and I already lift/exercise nearly every day so that aspect won’t be too much of a challenge. For me the big challenge is going to be the no alcohol.  I’m not what you’d call a heavy drinker but I usually have a few drinks on my three weekend evenings.  Most of my social scene is centered around having drinks together.  My wife and I when we spend time together in the evenings, my friends, my family, etc.  My wife is in the same boat and she’s doing the challenge with me (she’s also a fitness enthusiast with a bit of a drinking problem).  We’ve been trying to make a separation of our social lives and drinking and I think this will be a big help.  Everyone will be cool and supportive of it.  No guilting or any of that crap.  
My diet is pretty squared away but the cheat meals happen with a bit too much frequency on the weekends (usually helped along with alcohol).  This challenge will help with that, too.  

I’m finishing up day two now with breakfast for dinner.  Eggs, bacon, and oatmeal with butter.  Then strap on the pack and do a 15-20 minute ruck which will put my workout time for the day right at an hour.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 6:56:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Please don't send progress photos to any of your dude friends... your wife will think you are gay.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 7:19:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By TheRadBaron:
Hey OP, how did the rest of the program go?
Sorry to necropost a dead thread but I just started 75 Hard myself so why not?

I had to make a modification to the program in order to make it realistic for my schedule.  I know that’s against the entire ethos of the program but it was the only way it was gonna work.  I work outside doing  construction and it’s usually pretty physical.  I work four, 10-hour days and I currently have a 1:20 commute each way.  So the only way I was going to be able to get two, 45-minute workouts in would cut into my sleep and I don’t think that’s a good idea.  So on work days I’m only doing one workout.  On any day off work I’ll do both workouts.

I’m in good physical shape and I already lift/exercise nearly every day so that aspect won’t be too much of a challenge. For me the big challenge is going to be the no alcohol.  I’m not what you’d call a heavy drinker but I usually have a few drinks on my three weekend evenings.  Most of my social scene is centered around having drinks together.  My wife and I when we spend time together in the evenings, my friends, my family, etc.  My wife is in the same boat and she’s doing the challenge with me (she’s also a fitness enthusiast with a bit of a drinking problem).  We’ve been trying to make a separation of our social lives and drinking and I think this will be a big help.  Everyone will be cool and supportive of it.  No guilting or any of that crap.  
My diet is pretty squared away but the cheat meals happen with a bit too much frequency on the weekends (usually helped along with alcohol).  This challenge will help with that, too.  

I’m finishing up day two now with breakfast for dinner.  Eggs, bacon, and oatmeal with butter.  Then strap on the pack and do a 15-20 minute ruck which will put my workout time for the day right at an hour.  
View Quote

The 2 workouts a day was very challenging.  I started in august so the 1 outside workout was not an issue.  I live in Illinois so starting the program now would defiantly be challenging.  I said it before, I could not have done it without my wife.  I have a 30 min commute so often times I would stop and buy a craft beer or 2 and have one on the way home. Since completing the 75 hard (November 4) I have only had a few drinks. These drinks were at dinner with my wife for a date night. I will say she is pregnant so she doesn’t drink and she’s never been a huge drinker.

Hands down I can say the program did change my life. I am currently on track and training to run a marathon in may. I started 75 hard august 21. If you would have asked me to run a marathon on august 20th I would have cracked a beer and laughed at you!!!

Link Posted: 12/28/2023 8:18:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By DoctorCAD:
Please don't send progress photos to any of your dude friends... your wife will think you are gay.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DoctorCAD:

Haha, my wife already knows that me and my bros are gay.  

The 2 workouts a day was very challenging.  I started in august so the 1 outside workout was not an issue.  I live in Illinois so starting the program now would defiantly be challenging.  I said it before, I could not have done it without my wife.  I have a 30 min commute so often times I would stop and buy a craft beer or 2 and have one on the way home. Since completing the 75 hard (November 4) I have only had a few drinks. These drinks were at dinner with my wife for a date night. I will say she is pregnant so she doesn’t drink and she’s never been a huge drinker.

Hands down I can say the program did change my life. I am currently on track and training to run a marathon in may. I started 75 hard august 21. If you would have asked me to run a marathon on august 20th I would have cracked a beer and laughed at you!!!

Right on, man.  I was hoping that you were successful.  Well done and congratulations.  
I’m in IL, too (most unfortunately).  Some of the outdoor workouts I’ll be doing on the weekends will certainly be a gut check.  But I’ll be workout outside all winter anyway so I’ll be acclimated at least.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2023 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#34]

Right on, man.  I was hoping that you were successful.  Well done and congratulations.  
I’m in IL, too (most unfortunately).  Some of the outdoor workouts I’ll be doing on the weekends will certainly be a gut check.  But I’ll be workout outside all winter anyway so I’ll be acclimated at least.  
View Quote

Good luck man.  You got this!

It was hard. But I am not special or above anyone. I honestly think anyone could do it if they tried.

You never regret a positive change in you and your families lives.

On one of my earlier days, around day 20-30 I was in bed around 10 pm, feeling all good and shit. Had both my workouts done and all my other tasks. My wife says “did you do one of your workouts outside?”  No, I didn’t. I went outside and rode my bike for 45 minutes!  

I will admit I did forget my progress picture on day 33. Besides that I adhered to every task. I still do not eat any processed foods, very low intake of sugar, really only eat bread on our date nights, a weekend pancake here or there.

We searched for a home for years outside of IL and having young kids and family close by to help with childcare, it just happened to be our best option to stay in IL.

Link Posted: 12/29/2023 7:52:33 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

To add more to my humble brag, I was a habitual legal bud smoker, vaper.  I took one gummy since and my heart rate spike through the roof while I was laying there with the wife watching a Christmas movie. I still have a drawer full of the good stuff. We have a pretty nice liquor/beer collection. I know the key is to get rid of it all, throw it all away. But I kind of like the challenge. I have given a few goodies and beers away to friends.

Again, good luck to you and your wife.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 9:59:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Good job

Sorry I didn't get back earlier.

Are you still planning on training for a marathon with no rest days? If it's a half I could see that being ok but a full one I think you'll need some.

Where in IL? I went to high school in Rock Island and have fond memories running hills all winter long for wrestling.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 2:57:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
Good job

Sorry I didn't get back earlier.

Are you still planning on training for a marathon with no rest days? If it's a half I could see that being ok but a full one I think you'll need some.

Where in IL? I went to high school in Rock Island and have fond memories running hills all winter long for wrestling.
View Quote

No worries!

I plan on cross training or light lifting for rest days.

I am currently living on outskirts of the Quad Cities. I have a rental house in Rock Island/ Big Island.  Rock island does have some intense hills that would be good practice.

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:28:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Just use…….salt

Seriously.  I just add salt to my protein shakes, my coffee, my eggs, whatever.  

1/2/2024 and I just clocked in at 63mi on the year.  I sweat through the salt.  I also add an every other day magnesium supplement to my morning vitamin mix.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:57:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JaredC1] [#39]
Great job finishing!!!!

What were your final results as far as fat loss and such?

ETA: please refrain from sending me before/after nudes.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 3:20:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By dyezak:
Just use…….salt

Seriously.  I just add salt to my protein shakes, my coffee, my eggs, whatever.  

1/2/2024 and I just clocked in at 63mi on the year.  I sweat through the salt.  I also add an every other day magnesium supplement to my morning vitamin mix.
View Quote

I bought some LMNT packets to mix with water. They’re delicious and def help. My wife is pregnant and she will be breast feeding so they will come in handy for her as well. We got the lime and watermelon.

Is that 63 miles you have tan this year?  Biked?
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 3:28:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Great job finishing!!!!

What were your final results as far as fat loss and such?

ETA: please refrain from sending me before/after nudes.
View Quote

No six pack yet! lol but I am in the best shape of my life. Which, doesn’t say much compared to most fitness junkies but I couldn’t be more proud of myself.  

No “final” results…..

I have learned that there is no top. There is no point to where you say “ah, I made it”. You just keep going. What’s next!  I have read more books in the last 4 months than the previous 30 years. I know, I’m a slacker.  But trying not to be one anymore!

The wife was the happiest when I was done; that second evening workout was a killer on the family routine (dinner, baths and such).  
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 6:27:42 PM EDT
[#42]

We searched for a home for years outside of IL and having young kids and family close by to help with childcare, it just happened to be our best option to stay in IL.

View Quote

Same sorta thing here.  I really wanna get out of this state but what I’d gain in freedom wouldn’t be worth what I’d lose in proximity to my family and friends.  I’m really close with my family.  My folks rely on me and I have some young nephews that I’m a big part of their lives.  

Thanks for the words of encouragement.  
I’m on day 8 now and I’m really beginning to notice some positive things happening.  

Mood and mental wellness are getting better every day.  I think this is largely due to no drinking since I’ve noticed that drinking causes me to feel mentally lousy even if I don’t overindulge.  There are other factors, too.  Spending time in the woods for my outdoor exercises, knowing that I’m on a positive trajectory, and I’ve added a few items to the program such as taking a few minutes every evening after I read my 10 pages to reflect on things that I’m grateful for.  

Another cool thing is that my healthy eating is going really well.  Normally I’m highly disciplined all week and I hit my macros and calories, etc, but I’m always hungry.  But then I screw it up all weekend by drinking and overeating.  So I’ve never really been able to figure out what my caloric maintenance is.  All the last week I’ve been losing weight even though I’ve been adding calories.  And most interestingly I’m not hungry all the time.  I feel satiated all day which is REALLY nice.  I don’t want or need to lose weight. I’m working on building muscle and strength, though I think I’m just a few % away from having visible abs and it would be cool to achieve that.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 8:45:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Former11BRAVO] [#43]
Berries, tree nuts (almonds, walnuts, cashews, etc), and jerky.

All are PALEO.

Edit: I see I'm a little behind the curve! LOL

Good for you making the positive changes, OP!
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 10:18:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Spots?  Check your blood pressure.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 11:04:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Trod7308] [#45]
Originally Posted By wildearp:
Spots?  Check your blood pressure.
View Quote

No spots since way back previous to my first post.

Got my nutrition in check.  Feel on top of the world!  Most days lol
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 10:39:58 AM EDT
[#46]

I bought some LMNT packets to mix with water. They’re delicious and def help. My wife is pregnant and she will be breast feeding so they will come in handy for her as well. We got the lime and watermelon.

Is that 63 miles you have tan this year?  Biked?
View Quote

Bike, Run, Swim

I'm sitting at 117mi today with a 42mi bike ride, 3.2mi run, and 1mi swim to do today.  So I should end today at a bit over 163mi cumulative.  My big decision is to swim in a pool indoors on 1/6/2024, or to put the wet suit on and go for an outdoor open water freezing swim.  I should be doing the open water but I don't think I'm that hard core yet.
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 12:23:47 PM EDT
[#47]

Bike, Run, Swim

I'm sitting at 117mi today with a 42mi bike ride, 3.2mi run, and 1mi swim to do today.  So I should end today at a bit over 163mi cumulative.  My big decision is to swim in a pool indoors on 1/6/2024, or to put the wet suit on and go for an outdoor open water freezing swim.  I should be doing the open water but I don't think I'm that hard core yet.
View Quote

That’s awesome!  I just jumped in the pool at the y the other day for the first technical swim I have ever done. I of course have went swimming at the beach or just messing around. But doing laps, woah!  I gotta lot to learn!  I still can’t swallow my dignity and wear the bibs on the bike to help out my taint. Idk how I’m gonna be able to wear buoyancy shorts!  But I bet they help!
Link Posted: 1/6/2024 2:59:52 PM EDT
[#48]

That’s awesome!  I just jumped in the pool at the y the other day for the first technical swim I have ever done. I of course have went swimming at the beach or just messing around. But doing laps, woah!  I gotta lot to learn!  I still can’t swallow my dignity and wear the bibs on the bike to help out my taint. Idk how I’m gonna be able to wear buoyancy shorts!  But I bet they help!
View Quote

I'm with you on the swimming...it sucks, I suck at it, and I just try to not drown.  Buoyancy shorts help a bit.  But swimming in a full wetsuit is a new experience, it's like a cheat code for swimming.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 5:49:42 PM EDT
[#49]

I'm with you on the swimming...it sucks, I suck at it, and I just try to not drown.  Buoyancy shorts help a bit.  But swimming in a full wetsuit is a new experience, it's like a cheat code for swimming.
View Quote

We just took a 1 day trip up to the suburbs of shitcago-I had the pool all to myself so I was able to practice drowning with now judgement!  Get pretty good.
Link Posted: 1/14/2024 7:51:58 PM EDT
[#50]
The outdoor workouts are a bit rugged this weekend.  
In spite of the cold the woods are beautiful and it feels good to be out there.  
Stay frosty.  

Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
75 Hard-advice needed (Page 1 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top