BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 257
Posted: 5/5/2022 9:27:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran]
Excerpt -

If you have not stockpiled at least two years of supplies, just stop what you are doing and get on it. Plant a garden if possible. Get chickens. Learn to fish. Notice I have never sold any of the supplies, and rarely even mention models of pro ducts other than a few like Katadyn water filters, or Berkey, but I make no money from that and have no relationships any companies. People often say that I should set up an online store. But that would undermine the message. If I tell you to stock up and then provide a link, the message is undermined.
Most folks smart enough to read my pages have been preparing for a long time. Comparing notes with each other. Searching for holes in their strategies. Some folks even make dry runs by turning off their water and electricity for varying periods in order to find more weaknesses in their plans.

Self defense is vital. We’ve seen 911 is a joke. We are our keeper. A grandmother with a little training can throw some serious self defense downrange.

Later this year we likely will see various governments within the Unites States starting with price controls and increased subsidies. Governments always do this when they are losing control. These policies will exacerbate situations. OGUS will push to make rationing electronic to gain even more control of every aspect of our existence. All the indicators are there.

Stock up thick. The clock is ticking. Conditions are set: 2022 will become serious. 2023 will be a year of starvation in many countries. I do not even see a way out of this. Too much inertia and sabotage. Serious famine creates real pandemic, more war, and HOP — Human Osmotic Pressure — which leads to migrations.

https://michaelyon.locals.com/post/2069821/am-jumping-out-the-overton-window-again
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 9:35:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I feel grave concern for those that are just now beginning to understand. It doesn't have to be war that triggers societal collapse.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 9:35:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 9:43:42 AM EDT
[#3]
JFC. I was prepped for 2 weeks, now I gotta prep for 2 years? My wife is gonna hate that I have filled the attic, garage, theater room and the guest room with expired MREs, bags of rice and beans, and little debbie snack cakes
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 9:44:50 AM EDT
[#4]
What's he trying to sell now?
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 9:48:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I was standing in the grocery store the other day debating whether to pay $8.00 for bacon or wait till it costs $10.00.

We've been doing the stock up thing for 20 years. I think we have food for 6 months and meds are sketchy.
Getting through severely hard times for two years is more than we can do.

People we take in had better have things to contribute.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 9:48:55 AM EDT
[#6]
My land backs up the the UT Grassland Ag Research farm. They’ll never miss a couple (dozen) cows.

Link Posted: 5/5/2022 9:49:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Just buy enough guns and ammo. You'll be fine.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 9:50:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Bah!  Garbage.  No one needs to stock up.  There's Walmarts everywhere.  You can just go there.  You'll be fine.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 9:52:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Fuck it, I guess I'll just start eating the surplus population.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 9:53:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Greyswandir:
JFC. I was prepped for 2 weeks, now I gotta prep for 2 years? My wife is gonna hate that I have filled the attic, garage, theater room and the guest room with expired MREs, bags of rice and beans, and little debbie snack cakes
View Quote

> no Vienna sausages

NGMI
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 9:57:07 AM EDT
[#11]
I have preps, I've been doing so for decades. But you know, after a while, I get sick and tired of hearing the doom and gloom that the entire world societies will completely fall apart. Over the past 50 years we've had multiple "this is the one, get ready! " it's all very tiresome. The world's not gonna collapse, ARFcoms wet dream of lawlessness and fending for yourselves will never happen.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 9:59:45 AM EDT
[#12]
No worries. Feral cats are overrunning the town. Same with Squirrels etc. Have traps and cooking firewood.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:03:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Two years?  Even if he is right it won’t help.

If millions are starving, one way or another, you won’t be sitting on two years of food.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:04:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ClusterNukes:

View Quote

I mean, if you're hungry enough. I just hope if this day comes I'm not too old to do what needs done to survive. Today? I'll be just fine, 10yrs from now might be tricky. I have 1 son that I would trust 100% to do what needs done and would feel no guilt about it. Two of them that are giant pussies and would just have to starve (I guess I could eat them) and would be worthless. My oldest has the skills to do what would need done but would have to lose this religious thing he has going on at the moment...but I think once hunger and the need to defend your shit kicks in, he will be fine and I could count on him 100% also.

Then I would meet up with my close group of friends and I guarantee you we won't go hungry.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:07:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By AR-10:
I was standing in the grocery store the other day debating whether to pay $8.00 for bacon or wait till it costs $10.00.

We've been doing the stock up thing for 20 years. I think we have food for 6 months and meds are sketchy.

View Quote

You should be having conversations with those folks right now. Anyone not on that list gets nothing. That may sound uncaring and inhumane but that’s just a decision that will need to be made during SHTF.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:08:52 AM EDT
[#16]
I was pretty well stocked pre-covid, I bought a lot of things right after when I could find them. Lately I have been tossing some of the canned goods that went a year past the best buy date, a couple of cans were puffed up so no question those were bad. I need to lay in more dehydrated foods with longer shelf life I suppose.

Who is this guy Yon anyway?
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:09:48 AM EDT
[#17]
I've read this exact same shit every year for my entire adult life..."the big one coming!" meh, whatever.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:10:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Another DOOMSDAY Blog and thread?  One of these days one of these guys might be right.  Best pull the covers over my head and hide in the corner.  

A lot of zombie flicks predicted this.

Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:11:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By whollyshite:
Bah!  Garbage.  No one needs to stock up.  There's Walmarts everywhere.  You can just go there.  You'll be fine.
View Quote

And if a certain demographic lost their best cancer research scientist, you can get stuff for free sometimes!
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:11:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Easy, just find the members house that stockpile for 2 years and .....

The world has been ending since I was a kid. At this point if you don't understand mental illness (anxiety) then you are probably too far gone down the prepper hole. Sure, it makes sense to plan for emergencies, like weather, but to be able to plan for every conceivable doomsday scenario is pretty much beyond the reach of most.

Just know this, they don't loot grocery stores, that shit will be gone, so stay away from Best Buy and Walmart and you'll probably be ok...
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:11:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:
I was pretty well stocked pre-covid, I bought a lot of things right after when I could find them. Lately I have been tossing some of the canned goods that went a year past the best buy date, a couple of cans were puffed up so no question those were bad. I need to lay in more dehydrated foods with longer shelf life I suppose.

View Quote

Michael Yon
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:13:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:13:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By AR-10:

View Quote

Word. 6 months to a year seems like plenty for what he's saying.

Buy/get what you can and supplement it with your stores. Should be able to get through 2 years. Would hope anyway.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:13:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Greyswandir:
View Quote

No shit, have a ton of oatmeal that just expired
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:13:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AROKIE] [#25]
Originally Posted By Captain_Rogers:
I've read this exact same shit every year for my entire adult life..."the big one coming!" meh, whatever.
View Quote

Doomers are gonna doom..."oh no, anyways"
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:14:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By TarzanT:
My land backs up the the UT Grassland Ag Research farm. They’ll never miss a couple (dozen) cows.

View Quote

I already called dibs
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:14:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Sader762:
I have preps, I've been doing so for decades. But you know, after a while, I get sick and tired of hearing the doom and gloom that the entire world societies will completely fall apart. Over the past 50 years we've had multiple "this is the one, get ready! " it's all very tiresome. The world's not gonna collapse, ARFcoms wet dream of lawlessness and fending for yourselves will never happen.
View Quote

Hearing is one thing, seeing is another.  If you’re not seeing what’s going on with the world’s food supply, then the warning will most likely fall on deaf ears.

Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:18:39 AM EDT
[#28]
If you feel helpless you act helpless.
If you act helpless, you are helpless.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:18:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:
View Quote
Reporter who was embedded with US troops in Iraq and Afghanistan forever, and has toured other shitholes extensively.  You've seen some of his photos for sure.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:21:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacran] [#30]
Originally Posted By ClayHollisterTT:

If millions are starving, one way or another, you won’t be sitting on two years of food.
View Quote

He may mean it will last a good two years with occasional resupply during that time.  

Also, food is a weapon governments like to use to subvert and control the population. In that case, having food is having freedom from that control.

Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By ClusterNukes:

View Quote

The meat should be tender, as the muscles have never been used.  But way too fatty unless you're doing keto.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:25:20 AM EDT
[#32]
It's why I moved out of the big city over a decade ago.  No regrats (is that the proper misspelling?).
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:29:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Reporter who was embedded with US troops in Iraq and Afghanistan forever, and has toured other shitholes extensively.  You've seen some of his photos for sure.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/172926/yon_2_jpg-2372887.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/172926/yon1_jpg-2372889.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/172926/yon_3_jpg-2372891.JPG
View Quote

What's his accuracy rate when predicting stuff?
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:29:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Alacran:

Hearing is one thing, seeing is another.  If you’re not seeing what’s going on with the world’s food supply, then the warning will most likely fall on deaf ears.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sader762:

Same here.

Repetition breeds complacency.

But as noted, this one is different. This is the end game being perpetrated on America. You can roll over and accept what's coming down the pike, or you can resist.

And being somewhat self sustaining is the number one way of resisting.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:30:29 AM EDT
[#35]

He may mean it will last a good two years with occasional resupply during that time.  

Also, food is a weapon governments like to use to subvert and control the population. In that case, having food is having freedom from that control.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ClayHollisterTT:

I am certainly on board with stocking up but if people are literally starving, sweeping change is coming.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:30:36 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

I think you're right. I lived in Virginia when hurricane Isabel came through and saw how fast shit broke down where I lived. There was mobs of people breaking into people's homes and straight up taking their shit. When it got dark these same people would brick police cars and chase the police out. I've always thought about that time, no electric for a week and people was getting fucked up over a bag of ice. I moved from Newport News to Gloucester after that experience and other stuff with my children dealing with blacks.

I loved Virginia and hated it, made some lifelong friends there but I learned real quick the difference between northern and southern umm...minorities.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:32:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Dying of starvation while fighting to my last breath for scraps is, IMO, a better death than shitting myself daily until my heart gives out in a nursing home.  Of those two choices, I'll take the first one.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:33:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/172926/yon_2_jpg-2372887.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/172926/yon1_jpg-2372889.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/172926/yon_3_jpg-2372891.JPG

I don’t think it is very good. I used to follow him during the WOT. He  definitely provided good info that we weren’t getting through the MSM. He has since spent his time in other trouble spots but that doesn’t mean he can accurately predict the future.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:33:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pallas] [#39]
Originally Posted By atavistic:
View Quote

This. Have a month of food and you are GTG.

I'll eat cats and dogs, then people.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:34:49 AM EDT
[#40]
These fuckers had to wait until I was old and tired to start shit.  They should have done this years ago before I had my first kid.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:35:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TinSpinner] [#41]
Originally Posted By Pallas:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pallas:
Originally Posted By atavistic:

I've been looking for an excuse to shoot deer out of season. Those fuckers have destroyed my landscaping.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:36:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: midmo] [#42]
We've been living from a FIFO stockpile since the late '90's, and growing gardens, raising livestock, canning, etc. because emergency storage is only part of the picture.  I am under no delusions about how difficult true self-reliance is to pull off, but I have yet to find a downside to being prepared.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:37:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:38:06 AM EDT
[#44]
The US has enough farmland to feed the entire country and then some.

Water filters?  LOL yeah let's buy 2 years worth of water filters.  This guy made his living in war zones and his advice works there but not so good elsewhere.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:40:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By macpherson:
The US has enough farmland to feed the entire country and then some.

Water filters?  LOL yeah let's buy 2 years worth of water filters.  This guy made his living in war zones and his advice works there but not so good elsewhere.
View Quote

You're probably right but I wonder how many would die because they wouldn't have access to meds? If shit hit the fan...
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:42:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Stock up and sustain where possible.

If you live in a city try to have a back up plan for cities will become a Hellscape.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:42:58 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

He saw COVID coming while the media was still spending 100% of the time on impeachment.  It is good enough that I pay attention.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:43:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheResurrector] [#48]
IN before the food's all gone!
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:43:30 AM EDT
[#49]
The National Guard will get it all when they come to take you to the camp in the desert.

So how much do you actually need?
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:44:32 AM EDT
[#50]
GD better not forget 2 years of insulin, test strips and maybe some metformin.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 257
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top