Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2024 12:20:35 AM EDT
Was talking to a relative tonight, who lives in Oakland Ca. I try hard not to talk politics, but tonight it was inevitable. The liberal mindset is! Ready for this?

Out of control crime, drug use, and homelessness? Along with high taxes and completely useless, inept local government, is?

Democracy in action!

They really are fucking mental
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:23:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Is he a Libertarian?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:23:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By DKUltra:
Was talking to a relative tonight, who lives in Oakland Ca. I try hard not to talk politics, but tonight it was inevitable. The liberal mindset is! Ready for this?

Out of control crime, drug use, and homelessness? Along with high taxes and completely useless, inept local government, is?

Democracy in action!

View Quote

I avoid that negativity and mental illness  at all cost

Just say fuck no to liberals wether there familybor not
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:24:29 AM EDT
[#3]
In many locations is it. That's one reasons our founding fathers abhorred democracy and considered it mob rule. That's why the US wasn't created as a democracy.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:28:20 AM EDT
[#4]
OP title is misleading.  What's "new" about it?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:31:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Libs are unhinged loons disconnected from reality.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:32:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Wasting your breath and time Grasshopper.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:33:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lou_Daks:
OP title is misleading.  What's "new" about it?
View Quote
I have heard a lot of bullshit spew from "Those" people. But that is my first time hearing that spin.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:42:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Thankfully my location in this moonscape has purged marxist loons from my life.
They prefer more scenic areas.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:01:52 AM EDT
[#9]

Democracy in action!
View Quote

So, as I live on the other side of the globe and live my life totally isolated from those people as well as away from US TV, I have no idea about this. So, I have to ask - do they actually see the homelessness, drug use, and crime for what it is AND think it is good? Or do they view it as "people free to live their lives without interference from others/government - but too bad some take it to extremes"?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:05:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FaygoJoe] [#10]
City of players.

EDIT:  By the way, Too Short moved out of Oakland sometime in the late 90s.  I wonder why.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:06:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Democracy in action!

View Quote

“ they prefer to be called Asian American Donnie”
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:07:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By JRoy:
Thankfully my location in this moonscape has purged marxist loons from my life.
They prefer more scenic areas.
View Quote

Cancer spreads if not destroyed my friend.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:08:45 AM EDT
[#13]

Democracy in action!

View Quote

If this is what Democrazy produces, then fuck it and all who support it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:16:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DKUltra] [#14]
Originally Posted By Ronin76:

So, as I live on the other side of the globe and live my life totally isolated from those people as well as away from US TV, I have no idea about this. So, I have to ask - do they actually see the homelessness, drug use, and crime for what it is AND think it is good? Or do they view it as "people free to live their lives without interference from others/government - but too bad some take it to extremes"?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ronin76:

Democracy in action!

I got the sense of ignorant pride in the fact the people were deciding how to live their lives. Didnt seem to matter that society was crumbling around them because of it. It was a surreal conversation that I am still unpacking mentally.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:20:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Self loathing.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:29:54 AM EDT
[#16]
I got the sense of ignorant pride in the fact the people were deciding how to live their lives. Didnt seem to matter that society was crumbling around them because of it. It was a surreal conversation that I am still unpacking mentally.
View Quote

Ah, I think I get it. They think that lots of people Effing up must mean that everybody is choosing to do what they want to do without having to follow the rules.

But I would bet that they still want more rules for people who do things they don't approve of.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:37:25 AM EDT
[#17]

Democracy in action!

View Quote

Sounds correct to me. They got exactly what they voted for.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:45:42 AM EDT
[#18]

Democracy in action!

View Quote

I live in Central coast California.  We get tons of visitors from the bay area and LA and Yes most liberal/democrat/progressive are soooooo mental.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:07:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Gang rape- the ultimate democracy.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:09:28 AM EDT
[#20]
"You're retarded." And then walk away.

It'll make them more mental
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:12:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SwampApe] [#21]

Democracy in action!

View Quote

I think he meant to say “Democrats in action.”
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:27:08 AM EDT
[#22]
It’s pretty dumb but still not as dumb as those delusional shitbag retards embracing the progressive, leftist politicians who create and enable those problems.

Nope. It’s Trump, whitey, conservatives, and rich people that cause it all.

We just need to vote harder left. That’s their solution.

They’re dumber than most animals.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:35:40 AM EDT
[#23]
It's the classic "feature not a bug" argument. It's supposed to be that way, comrade. That's how you know it's working.  

They're all but beggars to their own demise.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 6:41:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#24]
Originally Posted By TheLASwamp:
It's the classic "feature not a bug" argument. It's supposed to be that way, comrade. That's how you know it's working.  

They're all but beggars to their own demise.
View Quote

It's not called a mental disorder for no reason.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:37:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Democracy means majority rule with minority rights.

If the majority are fine with crime and drug use, then let them have it.

It turns out that mobs and vigilantes are almost always wrong.
Just because the majority votes a certain way, does not mean they are correct.

This is seen by Russia's extensive propaganda campaigns on USA for years now.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:41:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By matthew:
In many locations is it. That's one reasons our founding fathers abhorred democracy and considered it mob rule. That's why the US wasn't created as a democracy.
View Quote

Democracy, as envisioned by the Greeks, was anarchy and mob rule
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:45:03 AM EDT
[#27]
you're not wrong

exactly same mentality as an abused woman in a relationship.  'but he LOVES me !! -- he beats me because he LOVES me -- plus i DESERVE it !'    

insane -- yes

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:46:45 AM EDT
[#28]
I have heard a lot of bullshit spew from "Those" people. But that is my first time hearing that spin.
View Quote
I'm not sure I understand. Is their position, "That's what the people there want"?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 7:49:12 AM EDT
[#29]
It is democracy in action.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." - H.L. Mencken

And that's why The Founders, who were infinitely wiser than today's politicians, gave us a republic in an attempt to avoid the mob rule aspect of a democracy.

On the positive side, it pretty much worked for a couple hundred years.  Better than most.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:00:46 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Must be a youngster. When Scott walker was elected WI Gov in 2011 The protest mob was yelling "This is what democracy looks like" as they attempted to shut down the WI government.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:02:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Was talking to a relative tonight, who lives in Oakland Ca. I try hard not to talk politics, but tonight it was inevitable.
View Quote
But why?

Why expose yourself to the stupid liberals on purpose?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:49:22 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By kbi:

I avoid that negativity and mental illness  at all cost

Just say fuck no to liberals wether there familybor not
View Quote

This,so much of this!!!!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 8:54:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Knowing them by poking everybody in they butt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top