Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2024 8:41:32 PM EDT
I inherited several watches from my father after he passed back in January. One of them is this one, a vintage Omega mechanical watch with a 35mm case. I just picked it up from being repaired as it wasn't running when I got it. When I sent it in I asked the shop to identify it (model number, movement, serial number, etc.) since none of that is engraved on the outside. The back is entirely blank.

Naturally, they fixed it and sent it back without the info I requested. The gal at the shop I used is going to call the repair shop back to see if they recorded that info but in the meantime, I was wondering if anyone recognized the model at least.

Online searching has revealed similar old Omegas with the same typeface as this one with descriptions of them being from the 1920s through 1940s. But I haven't found pics of any watch that matches this one 100%.

So, any ideas?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:29:06 AM EDT
[#1]
30T2? Serial number should give date range or movement I think. I’m just a novice though!
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:46:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dave_Markowitz] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KC-ROUGHNECK:
30T2? Serial number should give date range or movement I think. I'm just a novice though!
View Quote

Yeah, I was hoping to get the s/n and movement number from the repair shop but they just fixed it and didn't send a note back to let me know what I've got.

I don't think it's a 30T2 since it doesn't have a subdial for the second hand.
Link Posted: Today 6:52:23 PM EDT
[#3]
There is likely more info on the movement itself or on the inside of the case back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top