Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 4/12/2024 2:41:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BourbonBeast]
Just saw the movie and thought it was incredible. Here’s a list of everything I can remember from the film, it’s absolutely NOT an “orange man bad” movie, or a “republicans bad” movie.

It’s a “a civil war on American soil would be unimaginably horrible for everyone” movie. They went to great lengths to make the politics ambiguous, I really think they want extremists on both sides to realize that a civil war isn’t worth it.

Anyway, here’s the SPOILERS for the movie that made me think it isn’t blatantly anti-Trump or anti-right. I’m on my phone so I’ll try to use spoiler tags.

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

This next one is a big one:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

The movie was incredible. Go see it. If you’re determined to hate it, go ahead I guess, but you’re depriving yourself of an excellent movie experience. You’re also depriving yourself of the perfect retort to someone who thinks the government can just drone strike gun owners and that’s it, guns are gone now.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 2:46:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Well fuck...  now I'm back on wanting to go see it
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 2:47:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Lol.  Ok you convinced me.      Your version sounds far more entertaining than the trailers would indicate.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 2:51:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BillofRights:
Lol.  Ok you convinced me.      Your version sounds far more entertaining than the trailers would indicate.
View Quote

Don’t get me wrong, it isn’t die hard or red dawn, the focus is on the characters and the horrors they witness. But damn if the action scenes don’t hit hard when they do happen.

I plan on pointing to this movie whenever anyone asks me why I’m so pro gun. “Go watch that movie and you tell me if you want anything from that movie to happen to you or your family”.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 3:21:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Cool. Found this on wiki

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 3:42:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you for the info. The wife and I weren't sure if we should go and see it, but it looks like we will on Saturday.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 3:50:51 AM EDT
[#6]
In theaters only right now or can I stream it?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 3:51:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Steviesegal] [#7]
3 minutes in I had to stop and double check that the lead role wasn’t played by Billy Corgan.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 4:01:30 AM EDT
[#8]
View Quote
New People's Army ain't got nearly enough people.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 4:02:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:
In theaters only right now or can I stream it?
View Quote
Asking the real questions. Maybe I can watch it on Netflix this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 4:03:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I don’t know if I can stomach the fictional alliance between TX and CA.

How is that even remotely plausible?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 4:04:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Refusing to give up the office is not exactly aimed at FDR, as this is a constant tome of the TDS folks.
Still, glad to hear it is not blatantly anti-Trump of Republicans.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 4:05:55 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote
South Carolina not in the Florida alliance, but in the loyalist?
Doesn't seem right.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 4:37:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Dr_Dickie:
South Carolina not in the Florida alliance, but in the loyalist?
Doesn't seem right.
View Quote

Same with Kentucky, NC and WV. Plus that would be the Florida/Texas Alliance and quickly the entire NW as well with a sliver of the west coast and NE along with Illinois being Loyalist if we wanted to guess what would likely happen
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 4:47:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 4:53:24 AM EDT
[#15]
For all the hype. The movie wasn't really what I expected, which is, unfortunately what I expected.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 5:32:54 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Lol SC loyalist

Dumb map
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 5:52:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Is it free on Tubi yet?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 5:52:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Dr_Dickie:
Refusing to give up the office is not exactly aimed at FDR, as this is a constant tome of the TDS folks.
View Quote

Our side too, it was posted here constantly when Obama was in office.
"Obama's going to declare martial law and cancel elections!"
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 5:58:51 AM EDT
[#19]
How do they identify "loyalist" states?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:04:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Extorris:

Our side too, it was posted here constantly when Obama was in office.
"Obama's going to declare martial law and cancel elections!"
View Quote
I've seen some pretty well articulated arguments that Biden is Obama 3rd turn.

the people I've talked to that have seen the movie walked away with a 180 degree opposite impression then the OP.

They said the speech by the president was worded exactly how trump would talk.. the SF team at the end was woke with a female SEAL

all the people they ran into in the movie were the stereotypes the left is scared of

given all that, I'm gonna choose not to give them my money immediately and wait until I can see it free or maybe not at all
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:10:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By BourbonBeast:
Just saw the movie and thought it was incredible. Here’s a list of everything I can remember from the film, it’s absolutely NOT an “orange man bad” movie, or a “republicans bad” movie.

It’s a “a civil war on American soil would be unimaginably horrible for everyone” movie. They went to great lengths to make the politics ambiguous, I really think they want extremists on both sides to realize that a civil war isn’t worth it.

Anyway, here’s the SPOILERS for the movie that made me think it isn’t blatantly anti-Trump or anti-right. I’m on my phone so I’ll try to use spoiler tags.

Click To View Spoiler

It was legal when FDR did it. They changed the law after his third term. So to the democrats, that doesn't count. This is absolutely a swipe at Trump, because the left pushed the narrative that if Trump won a 2nd term, he'd cling to power and never step down.

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler This is true, they did push this.

Click To View Spoiler

This next one is a big one:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler Antifa was the victim.

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

The movie was incredible. Go see it. If you’re determined to hate it, go ahead I guess, but you’re depriving yourself of an excellent movie experience. You’re also depriving yourself of the perfect retort to someone who thinks the government can just drone strike gun owners and that’s it, guns are gone now.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:12:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Your1Savior:
Well fuck...  now I'm back on wanting to go see it
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:19:45 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Whoever did that needs to update it based on the Texas backing by other states regarding the border.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:26:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:28:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By naes:

View Quote

Or one between SC and NY.  Are there that many Californians here?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:37:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By BourbonBeast:
View Quote

I haven't seen it.

It may not be overtly Anti-Trump, but I think it is by juxtaposition.

The media and pedo Joe constantly talk up the threat of Trump and his terroist, anti-American MAGA followers and how they want to take over and destroy America.

Then a movie happens to drop right before election detailing how bad a civil war would be.

Media starts talking a lot about the movie and discuss "could it happen" with experts without ever mentioning Trump.

It's about Trump
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:38:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By right_rudder:
I've seen some pretty well articulated arguments that Biden is Obama 3rd turn.

the people I've talked to that have seen the movie walked away with a 180 degree opposite impression then the OP.

They said the speech by the president was worded exactly how trump would talk.. the SF team at the end was woke with a female SEAL

all the people they ran into in the movie were the stereotypes the left is scared of

given all that, I'm gonna choose not to give them my money immediately and wait until I can see it free or maybe not at all
View Quote

Given that, and what the OP said, I'm thinking folks are going interpret this movie however they want. Likely whichever way they lean will determine that.

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:47:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By djsmiles:

The enemy of my enemy is my friend?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By djsmiles:

The enemy of my enemy is my friend?

It takes place in the future, when Texas goes blue.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:47:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Didn't the director specifically talk about modeling after a Trump presidency.

OPs claims are basically Hollywood not knowing a fucking thing outside of their shoebox and getting it wrong vs making a serious piece.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:02:44 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Whoever made that map has no clue lol
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:08:45 AM EDT
[#31]
I am hearing a lot of impressions that are 50/50 about this being pro/ant Trump. Looks like many people will just interpret the movie the way that fits their own narrative.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:09:51 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

IL, sure, way to the left. But IN? No way. They're a much freer state than IL, not even close.

MO, KY, as loyalist. I doubt that.
WI can go ether way depending on the election, but mostly freedom oriented. IA too.

Not good choices by whoever did the map.

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:12:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Aint nobody coming to  WV.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:17:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Tag for after I see the movie.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:19:13 AM EDT
[#35]
DU and DB seem to think it's about Trump.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/obsessed/alex-garlands-civil-war-review-explosive-warning-of-trump-takeover
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:20:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: killstick_engaged] [#36]
It's a drumph hit piece. 100%. Kept vague enough to fool people like op into spending their money who then fool others.

Refusing to leave office ... Disbanding the FBI led people to rise up ... Come on man. You think they don't know what they're doing? A24 Is a manhattan-based studio. Of course they do.

That's not lovable Joe Biden or black Jesus they're trying to insinuate.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:21:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VidaEterna] [#37]
This will be a war over good and evil, if anything. A tribulation war. A war over subjugation.

Liberals and evil, if different, want to paint the narrative early.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:23:46 AM EDT
[#38]
OP, your observations sound exactly like the type a right-minded person would make.
However, I believe a leftist would interpret all of those same scenes in the movie as "orange man bad" as they've been trained by the media to do.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:24:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:26:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Is OP a Never_Trumper? I’ve noticed a concerted effort by the leftist media to push EVERYONE into the theaters to see this. The leftists here as well.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:30:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: killstick_engaged] [#41]
Originally Posted By konger:
Is OP a Never_Trumper? I’ve noticed a concerted effort by the leftist media to push EVERYONE into the theaters to see this. The leftists here as well.
View Quote

I don't know but Lefty forums and DU are going on about how it's Trump and frankly their reasoning makes more sense than op which Just reads like an enlightened centrist Trying to pretend things aren't that bad yet. , And trying to pretend that the media has not wholly been weaponized against conservatives .

And the Boomer thing about FDR Is hilarious, nobody cares about what FDR did. least of all A liberal movie studio.

Like I said before, A24 is a manhattan-based studio. Disbanding the FBI? Refusing to leave office? That's not Uncle Joe or Daddy Obama they're talking about.

Go read the DU link someone posted. It's A thinly veiled trump hit piece
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:32:22 AM EDT
[#42]
OP laid it all out and people that haven't seen it still go full retard.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:32:22 AM EDT
[#43]
View Quote

NH is not a loyalist State!
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:33:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Hard pass
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:33:47 AM EDT
[#45]
The movie is a one and done. I wasn't impressed with the premise and
Who were the reporters working for? Would a real break up have that many reporters not armed. The tactics at the end were not very smart or tactical. I wouldn't see it again. It was not democrats versus republicans.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:34:30 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Off-the-Grid:
View Quote

Shockingly, shitlibs say the opposite.

Op does admit that there are some elements which are probably jabs at Trump. They sure as hell aren't jabs Uncle Joe.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:36:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By killstick_engaged:

Shockingly, shitlibs say the opposite.

Op does admit that there are some elements which are probably jabs at Trump. They sure as hell aren't jabs Uncle Joe.
View Quote

People here are just as stupid as libs, especially the one's debating that haven't seen it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:38:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Off-the-Grid:
View Quote
Not wanting to go see a movie is "full retard" ???
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:38:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Merc1973] [#49]
Sorry, that's a stretch OP, it's 100% still about Trump,  everything out of Hollywood is.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 7:39:53 AM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

I look at the map and don't see it either. But art doesn't have to imitate life for the message to be heard.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top