Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2024 10:23:10 PM EDT
Tried my AC in my 4Runner today .I have 4 vents in dash.Out of the 4 .2 were emitting warm air and 2 were emitting cold.Do I need a freon recharge. Y
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:41:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Check the blend doors.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:16:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Blend Doors?
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 9:35:20 AM EDT
[#3]
the box that holds the components for the inside a/c parts have mixing doors in it to allow heat or cold or a mix for defrost etc..
these doors are moved by either vacuum pots or motors.
normally vacuum but newer cars might be different.
sometimes those pots go bad. you can see the actuator arms from the outside of the box but you have to lay down upside down and look up into see most of them.
a mirror on a stick can help too.
by moving the knob/lever or whatever yours has from heat to cold, or just starting the car and shutting it off you can see if they move like they are supposed to.
based on your symptoms, one of the doors doesn't move.
unless you have zone heating and cooling.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:22:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Check your cabin air filter. A dirty filter can restrict the airflow coming out of your vents.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 5:20:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Possibly animal nest?
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 1:54:53 AM EDT
[#6]
You have an ac leak somewhere.

Link Posted: 4/2/2024 2:02:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like a low charge. In my Buick when it gets low it only blows cold on the pass side.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 2:18:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sajer] [#8]
What year?

My 2006 developed a small leak in the evap that I had to recharge the last two year before I sold it in 2022. It's a common problem that , if i remember correctly , you have to pull the dash to replace.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top