User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Posted: 4/22/2024 8:08:08 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:12:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Notcalifornialegal] [#1]
I legitimately like and want to buy that after watching your review.

The parts where you covered what features are there and why was very well done.

Something as simple as "Hey it feels like the recoil of the glock 19 but weighs less" is legitimately conveying a lot of good info in very few sentences.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:26:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#2]
I gotta say, I really liked that video. Good job, guys!

I'd have to watch it a few times to find anything that would bother me, to be honest.

Also, I get slide bite with Glocks, too. I saw that one guy's thumb bleeding.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:35:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Good video, Much better than the last one I watched several months ago. I think some scripting or a white board off camera with bullet points may help tighten it up some. I heard the word like several times. Like its like and I like type sentences. I do the same thing in every day speech too so its not knocking you.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:44:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:47:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:49:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:59:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:21:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: feetpiece] [#8]
Reviewing Glock clones for GD might work if you could pull of a Mexican Bob McKenzie

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:30:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:33:54 PM EDT
[#10]
The intro is too long but that's a nitpick.  I only watched till 1:30 but it's not shockingly gay.  So, huge improvement!
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:39:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I didn't hate it. I thought it was a pretty solid video.  Nice work.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:49:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I haven't watched yet. The short on the Vortex glasses was good though. I'll watch this one in a bit.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:53:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:05:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ManiacRat] [#14]
It was a good video. Liked it. Lots of good info. Over all much better.

But using those mags in the 43x and 48 is old news dudes. Us Glock fan boys have been doing it since they came out.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:06:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Efl15] [#15]
ARFCOM Reviews Channel has retained a subscriber.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:12:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Wait why'd you turn the comments off?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:16:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:31:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:40:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bennnn] [#19]
Y'all suck the sweat off a dead man's balls, and you're trying too hard to act like this isn't marketing for revenue clicks.

Own what you're doing, and just use Brownell's clearly vast resources to hire professional production consultants or someone to just make them for you instead of trying to fake it till you make it.

GD can't teach y'all to make better videos.

This shit comes off as canned and basic.

It's embarrassing.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:41:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bennnn:
Y'all suck the sweat off a dead man's balls, and you're trying too hard to act like this isn't marketing for revenue clicks.

Own what you're doing, and just use Brownell's clearly vast resources to hire professional production consultants or someone to just make them for you instead of trying to fake it till you make it.

GD can't teach y'all to make better videos.

This shit comes off as canned and basic.

It's embarrassing.
View Quote

Well this is a shit take.  The video was actually pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:48:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bennnn] [#21]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:

View Quote

They're asking an echo chamber of boot lickers for opinionsr. Sad compared to the real arfcom.

My opinion of the the entirety of the whole channel's content is what they're actually asking for here in GD.

I provided that.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:50:31 PM EDT
[#22]

They're asking an echo chamber of boot lickers for opinions. Sad compared to the real arfcom.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:52:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Notcalifornialegal] [#23]

They're asking an echo chamber of boot lickers for opinions. Sad compared to the real arfcom.
View Quote

Have you seen the other threads?

Arfcom is BRUTAL to these guys.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:52:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:53:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Joshuasaur:
bump
View Quote

Bad videos make good threads

This thread sucks

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:54:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:55:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:56:10 PM EDT
[#28]

Clearly you know arfcom better than I do, so I'll defer to your meme and not provide actual unbiased opinions.

Excuse me for being here for 17 years and actually interacting with the whole site. You clearly know better than I do.

My apologies.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:57:02 PM EDT
[#29]
I don’t have time to watch it now but will try to later.

But I still wanted to chime in and say you boys need to review the new budget line of 2011s. Two of you are USPSA bros, right?  Get one a MAC and the other a Tisas, let them shoot them through the summer season & report back when they have 3-5K rounds on them.

Please.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:58:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:59:20 PM EDT
[#31]

That is movement in a positive direction!

Any suggestions to be more straight or easier/more enjoyable to watch? Or do you think this type of content wouldn't be for you either way?

I truly appreciate your time and input!
View Quote

As far as the intro goes, the shooting portion didn't feel too long to me with the cuts you guys made.

The intro logo, then hook then to a sponsor read was the least fluid section of the video in retrospect. I think maybe putting the short 1-3 second logo farther from the sponsor read or moving the sponsor read to later in the video where others do a call-to-action might be a better place for pacing.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:00:22 PM EDT
[#32]
This was the best vid you guys have done yet.

I do have one suggestion though; I’d like to see everyone on the panel clean shaven, like a prepubescent boy.  

Any facial hair at all reminds me too much of BF.  If I detect even a whiff of that guy I’m out.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:00:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Enjoyed the video,  excellent review
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:00:46 PM EDT
[#34]

Clearly you know arfcom better than I do, so I'll defer to your meme and not provide actual unbiased opinions.

Excuse me for being here for 17 years and actually interacting with the whole site. You clearly know better than I do.

My apologies.
View Quote

"Bootlicking echo chamber." Real experienced opinion of GD you have there.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:04:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ManiacRat] [#35]

My apologies.
View Quote
You're just coming across as salty. Time on these forums doesn't mean shit. It changing happened. The world changes. It won't ever be the 00s Arf ever again. Just accept it.

But chopping these guys down when they're trying to make content is fucking stupid. So what if it's for money? This is a business. I don't think anyone has ever said otherwise. At least they want to include the forum. Because honestly, if they were truly worried about only money they'd have kept the other styles of videos, which will inevitably do better with younger folks which is predominantly who uses these platforms. They've shot themselves in the foot slightly to make these forums happy.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:04:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:06:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:07:18 PM EDT
[#38]

They're asking an echo chamber of boot lickers for opinionsr. Sad compared to the real arfcom.

My opinion of the the entirety of the whole channel's content is what they're actually asking for here in GD.

I provided that.

View Quote

Eh.  I respect that they are trying, soliciting feedback and actually incorporating it.

At the end of the day they are trying to appeal to a broader demographic than the morbidly obese, loner diabetics that hang around the forums now.

Can’t fault them for wanting to bring in as many viewers as they can.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:09:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:15:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Dude, the fact this entire 1st page is mainly positive about a youtube video should be massive evidence you're heading in the right direction.

GD can be nasty sometimes so anyone having the balls to listen to criticism, not take offense, make some changes based off feedback, earns my respect.

You have a new subscriber.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:17:17 PM EDT
[#41]

I provided that.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:

I provided that.

Try to keep up. He posted a video not that long ago asking for criticism.

He's now posted an updated video based on the feedback.

No one is asking to review the entire body of work from day one.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:17:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:18:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:18:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:20:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:24:13 PM EDT
[#46]

I appreciate your honest feedback. If I wanted pulled punches I wouldn't have asked in GD

We aren't allowed to ask for feedback here and be sensitive when it's not positive.

Sincerely thank you for your time. At the very least you bumped the thread.
View Quote

It's the nature of GD that I will have low post count no EE feedback barely involved members abusing me for saying what I think.

I definitely know this is GD. My only opportunity to answer the question in the OP is to respond here in GD.

I'm proposing in this post that you all think about this - if you look at what I've done in the equipment exchange, and my involvement with this site that will show you that I clearly buy things, try them out, keep what I want and get rid of things I don't want. And so what you're hearing from me is from a prolific user, purchaser, and trader of guns and gun parts.

That also means that I watch a lot of videos on YouTube about guns and guns parts.

Y'all's videos come across as very forced marketing of THE CHANNEL.

I'm not talking about you trying to sell parts for Brownells or sell things that they sell. I'm talking about the actual reviews. It comes across as scripted stilted and marketing for the channel which could possibly draw attention to ARFcom itself. If that's the impression that the YouTube community is going to get of arfcom my opinion is that it could be better for the site if it wasn't like that.

I have poured thousands of hours of my life into this website. I won't brag about what I've done here but I will say this, if you want to hear from a quality long-term member who's interacted with the EE and the entire site, that's what I'm providing for you with my posts.

Everyone else can carry on.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:26:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:28:12 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/christian-bale-confused-face-x8olip1hb9h-966.gif

I think he and I may have different definitions of "echo chamber" or "bootlicker"
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:28:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:30:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top