Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2022 7:48:51 AM EDT
I wish Arko would make their classic soap stick in a mentholated version.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 2:01:43 PM EDT
[#1]
The Arko man is cool enough as is. Any cooler and we'd get frostbite just peeling the foil back.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 2:35:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 2:31:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I read this on the shave den after a quick web search: (I think I'm going to try it after I acquire some menthol crystals)

How to Make Iced Arko Shaving Soap
You will need about 15 minutes of spare time and the following items:

Instructions

Put your Arko shave stick in the fridge for a while and let it get nice and cold. This will make it easier to grate.
Grate the cold Arko shaving stick into a small bowl. The cold stick will be about as hard as candle wax and will be easy to grate.
Fill a small shot glass with about 1 ounce of hot water. Don't use boiling water, it is too hot. The grated soap will have no trouble absorbing one ounce of water.
Stir some menthol crystals into the hot water. The crystals should dissolve in less than one minute. I used about 2/3 of a teaspoon of crystals.
I think for the first attempt, you should probably not exceed one level teaspoon.
Pour the menthol water into the bowl and start off by squeezing the grated soap into a ball. Once you have it in a ball shape, begin to knead the ball for a minute or two.
Press the ball of soap into one of your favorite containers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top