User Panel

Achilles Tendon Rupture (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:28:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:
Had a bicycle pedal nearly sever my Achilles when I was young.  They had to stitch the tendon together and put me in a cast for 8 weeks.  After the cast came off I was in PT for about a year.  

Is it possible your physical terrorist was moving you along too quickly in your sessions?
View Quote

My surgeon said they may have been a little aggressive.  I’ve used them before, but this was my first go around with Achilles tendons.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:28:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I have overly tight Achilles tendons and have since I was little. I was the toe walker as a kid and to this day when I sleep my feet point straight down. I can’t do squats with proper depth because of the limited mobility with my feet.

I feel that tendon damage is my future.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:32:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ProfessorFalken:
My nephew just blew his Achilles out playing basketball. He's in his mid 20s, dedicated to lifting heavy weight in the gym. Of all things, I did not expect to hear it happened during a basketball game. He deadlifts something crazy like 500+ lbs.
View Quote

I’ve got a coworker that was an SEC wide receiver that was ESPNs player of the week a few times.  He was playing basketball with some friends during the off season and had his snap.  Back then it was a career ender and he was the first person I’ve ever known personally that had it happen.  I was surprised seeing Aaron Rodgers progression this year with that injury.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:34:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By bluemax_1:

The Achilles tendon is subjected to a lot of force when doing things like jumping or sprinting. In comparison the force exerted on that particular tendon isn't as much, even on heavy deadlifts.

The dynamic/explosive movements are the stressors.
View Quote
Yep. I blew mine doing high knees jump rope.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 7:58:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bluemax_1] [#5]
Originally Posted By M1Zeppelin:
I have overly tight Achilles tendons and have since I was little. I was the toe walker as a kid and to this day when I sleep my feet point straight down. I can’t do squats with proper depth because of the limited mobility with my feet.

View Quote

How old are you?

Might be a good idea to GRADUALLY begin calf stretches now.

*** don’t do calf stretches on a step, where your bodyweight inhibits the amount of control you have on the static load.

Do calf stretches against a wall, where you can control both the load on the calf and Achilles tendon, and the amount of stretch.

Calf Stretches for Tight Calves - Gasctrocnemius
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:15:08 PM EDT
[#6]

How old are you?

*** don’t do calf stretches on a step, where your bodyweight inhibits the amount of control you have on the static load.

Do calf stretches against a wall, where you can control both the load on the calf and Achilles tendon, and the amount of stretch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVnp2-YH3k4
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M1Zeppelin:

How old are you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVnp2-YH3k4

I’m in my late 30’s. I’ve been doing stretches and what not for several years. It helps but I feel that no matter how much I work at it, it reverts to the same tightness.

I’ll most definitely try those stretches out. OP’s tendon break is something I worry about it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:21:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AlabamaFan64:

Yep, Levaquin prophylaxis after having a total knee replacement on that leg a couple of years ago.  Likely had it with other knee surgeries as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AlabamaFan64:
Originally Posted By shaneus:
Ever take levaquin antibiotic?  Or other fluoridated antibiotics?

Yep, Levaquin prophylaxis after having a total knee replacement on that leg a couple of years ago.  Likely had it with other knee surgeries as well.

That crap is bad juju.  Doc started me on a course a while back and halfway through I developed severe vertigo.  To the point I thought I was having a CVA.  Also seen a few folks with pre-existing heart issues die from it.  Refractory V fib is a bitch.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Achilles Tendon Rupture (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top