Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2024 10:33:59 AM EDT
Thinking about adding a water cooler to my lincoln squarewave 200.  It has no provisions for a watercooler.
My concern is inadvertently welding without turning the watercooler on, so I'd like the watercooler to be turned on automatically when the welder is on.  

The electronics and cooling fan on the welder are 24v DC so I assume it would be trivial to add a relay to turn a watercooler on.
Has anybody done this?  Is there some reason I'm unaware of why it wouldn't work?
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 8:57:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Some guys have modified the cooler to only run while they are welding.  They hook up a relay to the gas solenoid, but still have to turn the cooler on.  

This has worked for me for years  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 3:39:53 AM EDT
[#2]
What are you welding that makes you think you need the expense and hassle of a cooler?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:29:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By tinysd:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tinysd:
maybe I’m too worried?  But I have attempted to weld once or twice without opening the gas bottle….

Originally Posted By Boostinjdm:
What are you welding that makes you think you need the expense and hassle of a cooler?
Metal.  You have to get it really hot to weld it, so your torch gets really hot after a few minutes of welding.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 5:56:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Morgan321:

Metal.  You have to get it really hot to weld it, so your torch gets really hot after a few minutes of welding.
View Quote

Moving to the CK20 lifestyle?
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 8:47:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Boostinjdm:
View Quote

Well, in my case I think a 26 air-cooled torch is a club compared to a 20 water cooled.  I built a cooler from spare parts last year and haven't been sorry about doing it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top