Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 24
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 1:41:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I was on a trip this week and stumbled across a liquor store with Fortaleza Blanco and Anejo on the shelf, around 6 bottles of each....$90 for the blanco and $175 for anejo.  I grabbed 3 bottles of blanco and passed on the anejo.    I stopped back in a couple of night later and they were sold out of both, so maybe I had lucky timing.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 7:43:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Grabbed a Fortaleza reposado today for $75.  Sipping on it now, and I must say that I like it very much.

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 5:15:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AZGR:

Post up what you think of them when you taste them.    Also, Rombauer Chardonnay is really good stuff
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By artimus009:
Picked up Extra Añejo and the Knob Creek. Probably will pop one or both open this Thursday along with the few bottles of Rombauer* I picked up.

Post up what you think of them when you taste them.    Also, Rombauer Chardonnay is really good stuff

Loved the Knob Creek. We started the evening drinking bourbon and I grabbed the Knob Creek finished bottle and I was able to taste the bourbon pretty well.

Now… what does the hive think of Codigo 1530 barrel strength? The local Total Wine has a barrel pick and a non barrel pick.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 1:30:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Has anyone here tried the Siete Leguas Siete Decadas Blanco?   It's a special edition to commemorate the 70th anniversary of Siete Leguas and is supposed to be pretty good.

https://casasieteleguas.com/en/sietedecadas/
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 10:47:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Found a Fortaleza blanco the other day for about $60.  I really like this one too.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 5:14:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Has anyone here tried the Siete Leguas Siete Decadas Blanco?   It's a special edition to commemorate the 70th anniversary of Siete Leguas and is supposed to be pretty good.

https://casasieteleguas.com/en/sietedecadas/
View Quote

I like it a lot, but it’s no better than the SL blanco, or any other premium blanco out there for 50-60 less.

My go to blanco is cascahuin plata 48.  This is the gold standard for blanco imo.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 12:32:05 AM EDT
[#7]
It's too bad that woafp isn't here anymore, as he was great at updating this thread and adding info to educate folks on agave.    I have been working to try different additive free tequilas lately and am still enjoying the ride.  Some notes on a few I've tried over the last few months..

Siete Leguas Decadas Blanco:  This is a limited release blanco made from Criollio agave.  This is a really good blanco and the packaging is impressive.  I bought 2 bottles on an impulse buy.  It's really good, but in hindsight I probably would have only bought one bottle.  It's a 700 ml bottle instead of 750ml and was a bit pricey at $140.  I don't regret it much because it is really tasty.  I might end up gifting my 2nd bottle eventually

Lalo Blanco:   This is quickly becoming my go-to blanco.  It's readily available, reasonably priced, and really tasty.  

Lagrimas del Valle Repo El Sabino:  I had never heard of this brand, but after learning that it was from NOM 1123 (cascahuin) and seeing it at a local shop I picked up a bottle.  Its 46% abv so a little hotter than std repos.  My first sip I wasn't sure about it, but it seems to have mellowed out or I've adjusted to it.  I enjoy drinking it quite a bit.  Lots of agave forward with a clean finish.   I don't know if I'll immediately replenish this once when I finish it, but it's a solid additive-free repo and most things from NOM 1123 are really good.
Page / 24
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top