Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 79
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 8:37:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Also, a bit O/T. But does anyone know if the old serial cougar throttle can be updated to run on usb and work with modern games? I.e. BMS...
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 9:15:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes it can.  Look up TM Cougar USB Upgrade on youtube.   There are a few videos on how to do it with an Arduino or a USB controller.

Im trying to locate my old F-16 stick and throttle in the basement to convert over.   I really liked the TQS a lot more than the Warthog throttle, but I am using what works right now.  I plan on converting that stick and throttle...  when I find it in my mom's basement!
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 11:04:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Harlikwin:
Also, a bit O/T. But does anyone know if the old serial cougar throttle can be updated to run on usb and work with modern games? I.e. BMS...
View Quote
http://realsimulator.com/html/tusba.html
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 11:24:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By CropDusterC6:

http://realsimulator.com/html/tusba.html
View Quote
Boom.gif

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 10:29:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Holy Virtual Dogfuckers!

Just got my Rift to work... It looks like shit, but it IS immersive... Woo VR sicknass! Now I just have to figure how the fuck to do everything again...

PS for ye olde poor broke dicks, I'm running VR on an unsupported 4 year old laptop....

Link Posted: 1/5/2019 3:10:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Harlikwin:
Holy Virtual Dogfuckers!

Just got my Rift to work... It looks like shit, but it IS immersive... Woo VR sicknass! Now I just have to figure how the fuck to do everything again...

PS for ye olde poor broke dicks, I'm running VR on an unsupported 4 year old laptop....

View Quote
Ill go be poor somewhere else!

DICK!
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 7:31:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By GilenusX207:

Also it looks like it has to be mounted on the center pylon, so goodbye external tank.
View Quote
I have seen it mounted on the fuse pylons too
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 7:43:25 AM EDT
[#8]
DCS World - Heatblur F-14 Tomcat - Early Access First Look

now my hard on is getting dangerous
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#9]
both 104th anf 107th tti were a laggy mess last night, we had lag issue taxing to active and ramming each other from 100+ feet apart
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 12:07:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By sfljohn:
both 104th anf 107th tti were a laggy mess last night, we had lag issue taxing to active and ramming each other from 100+ feet apart
View Quote
join us on buddy spike Caucasus !
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 12:21:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I usually fly on Georgia at War. I'm CptBligh on discord/ingame.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 12:50:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Harlikwin] [#12]
Originally Posted By JoeyIsaacs:
Ill go be poor somewhere else!

DICK!
View Quote
On my 2014 era laptop its cool, but leaves alot to be desired. Im pretty computer poor for now.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 2:51:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Shung:

join us on buddy spike Caucasus !
View Quote
my group will either be on 104th, 107th or buddyspike later tonight
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 8:48:08 PM EDT
[#14]
We are on BS caucus now, nipples, ozkan, ticknor
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:12:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#15]
Maybe I was at the same time. My buddy and I brought home 5 air kills with no loss last night

We usually use srs 128.5 on comm2 for flight talk and 264.0 on comm1 for coordination with other flights
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 4:27:56 PM EDT
[#16]
we were on 264 for a while
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 7:27:59 PM EDT
[#17]
DCS World: F-14B TOMCAT by Heatblur Simulations | First Impressions
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 12:06:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Two questions,  is the trackhat as good as trackir,  and is there a ar15 squadron?
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 2:06:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By DirkericPitt:
Two questions,  is the trackhat as good as trackir,  and is there a ar15 squadron?
View Quote
It doesn’t track quite as well.  Though to be honest I couldn’t tell you how much less since I’ve only used the pro.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 3:12:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey guys, if you would willing to help me out a bit I'd be grateful.  I just created a thread for a DCS-specific gaming PC build.  This PC-building noob needs advice on CPUs and GPUs to run DCS really well.  If you wouldn't mind providing some info on what you're running, and how well it runs DCS, I'd love it!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 8:12:48 PM EDT
[#21]
not so much a first impression but its cool to see it in action
Ralfi's Alley - DCS F-14 Tomcat Strike on Krymsk
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 9:23:42 PM EDT
[#22]
formation take off and beginning of CAP with my squad mate the other day on buddy spike caucasus Server - so you can see the FOV you have on a widescreen

DCS F/A-18C Buddy Spike Server formation take off
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 10:34:17 PM EDT
[#23]
How do you defeat the AI Phoenix?  I made a mission where its Iran vs a coalition across the the gulf,  two f14s take out an entire squadron.  Ive tried everything,  tried going 700 knts at 50ft to try to blend in,  did it many times trying different tactics,  nothing can beat the iranians!
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 10:49:41 PM EDT
[#24]
How do you defeat the AI Phoenix?  I made a mission where its Iran vs a coalition across the the gulf,  two f14s take out an entire squadron.  Ive tried everything,  tried going 700 knts at 50ft to try to blend in,  did it many times trying different tactics,  nothing can beat the iranians!
View Quote
I haven't verified it, but they say you can notch it fairly well at least before it goes pitbull.  Of course that's assuming you know when you're being launched on.

No idea if that's true or not.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 11:49:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah,  i could just cheat and look at the map,  kind of messes with the realism,  maybe ill pretend im an f22...
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 12:10:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Finally got my pit back together after not playing DCS since last March, also committed to sticking a 3rd MFD on the monitor. I bought the Hornet and I'm slowly learning it, I think I still prefer the A-10C, I find the systems are a lot more intuitive and seamless for me.

I wanna fly with you guys at some point. My favorite server has always been the F99th, always like the guys there and the missions, that and the lack of an integrity check since I hate disabling all my mods.

Link Posted: 1/9/2019 12:28:37 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote
Well...  

One of the basic USN/USMC schemes...

Im playing around with a couple different schemes right now.  Was going after the F-15E Strike Eagle scheme on this.

Looking at doing a desert tan scheme as well in the next few days.  If anyone has any suggestions, I am open to anything.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:13:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Hahns10mm:
Finally got my pit back together after not playing DCS since last March, also committed to sticking a 3rd MFD on the monitor. I bought the Hornet and I'm slowly learning it, I think I still prefer the A-10C, I find the systems are a lot more intuitive and seamless for me.

I wanna fly with you guys at some point. My favorite server has always been the F99th, always like the guys there and the missions, that and the lack of an integrity check since I hate disabling all my mods.

https://i.imgur.com/bcMt6nw.jpg
View Quote
Did you make those side panels ?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:41:29 AM EDT
[#29]
"Don't step on Snek!"

"BRO"

I'm dying, lol.  Good job!
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 4:20:26 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://i.imgur.com/bcMt6nw.jpg
Yes. I also have a A-10C NMSP and lighting panel not installed at the moment.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 5:56:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#31]
Beautiful panels !

A nice Fox2 dogifght kill I made tonight on buddy spike Caucasus !

I lost my wingman early (his mistake) and then I had to find and kill a Viggen in the middle of a very target rich environnement.

cockpit view

tacview video of the engagement. As you can see, I lost visual on him (him too) a couple of time in which I could have killed him earler) . Got a bit lucky. But my last manoeuver after our first merge was decisive !

DCS FA 18 JA 37 kill - TRACK
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:11:52 PM EDT
[#32]
ill be on tonight, prob 107th, maybe buddyspike
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:25:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:38:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:
i havent been on the last couple days, hopefully will get on this weekend.
View Quote
Im in!
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:48:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: clayvt] [#35]
I would love to play with you guys some day!
I just got started with DCS last week and have already got the T16000M bundle with hotas and rudders.  I bought the spit and wwII stuff while it was on sale but holy crap I cant even get in the air with the spit.  so ive spent the last few days learning the su25 and going through all the trainings.  I plan to buy the 18 if it goes on sale again and the 14 eventually.  I have a track ir on the way and hopefully that will make things a lot easier....

Edit::
F'ing alcohol....just bought the F-18.....
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 3:35:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By clayvt:
I just got started with DCS last week and have already got the T16000M bundle with hotas and rudders.  I bought the spit and wwII stuff while it was on sale but holy crap I cant even get in the air with the spit.  so ive spent the last few days learning the su25 and going through all the trainings.  I plan to buy the 18 if it goes on sale again and the 14 eventually.  I have a track ir on the way and hopefully that will make things a lot easier....

View Quote
If you need help to learn stuff just let me know. I'd glad to help you out online
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 3:43:58 AM EDT
[#37]

View Quote
I don't have the Spit myself, but for WW2 tail draggers you have to be slow on the throttle because the torque can flip the plane by itself.  Also you need to be light on your feet because the p factor will cause the plane to yaw left.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:15:54 AM EDT
[#38]

Yes. I also have a A-10C NMSP and lighting panel not installed at the moment.
View Quote
I'm a fan of the CDU.  I'm thinking about making one.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:47:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Had an interesting sortie last night on GAW.  Took off in an A-10C out of Min Vody, then got calls that a pair of SU25s were inbound to the airfield and we still had 4 guys on the ramp.  Got one of them with an AIM9 and a Mirage got the other.  Then Magic gave me grids for ground units with an SA8 and ZU23s.  ID'd them with the TGP and wrecked their asses with Mavs.  Then a pair of SU27s showed up and ruined my day.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:32:17 PM EDT
[#40]
im on either GAW or 107th most nights, look for nipples or any of the 7th cavaltry gaming guys and im most likely with them on srs
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:35:04 PM EDT
[#41]
we did a sunrise strike on one of the PG oilfields the other day

Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:13:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By sfljohn:
we did a sunrise strike on one of the PG oilfields the other day

https://7cav.us/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F7PoSH3V.jpg&hash=6c277231ab3470d771e34512e856f070
View Quote

I'll be on later tonight.  Working on a mounting system for the warthog to my GTRacing chair...  Good design on thingverse, Im just doing some tweaks to it.

JOKER on discord and SRS.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 6:49:30 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote
BTDT.... Luckily it was all on sale.
Now I has VR... Fooooo
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 9:42:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Damn last night we got our asses handed to us by 2 mirage 2k in BVR with my wingman, in the hornet...

it was on Caucasus, so we were limited to Fox1s, and needless to say, the mirages clearly got the advantage given the superior 530 (compared to the aim-7MH), better IFF system, pure power, and countermeasures...

1 vs 1 I can handle the mirage pretty well online, but as soon as it goes 2 vs 2 or 2 vs 3, with equal or better pilots in front of you, you are toast..

Maybe when we get TWS in the APG-65 we might increase our odds, but so far, its a tough game...
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 9:56:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Damn last night we got our asses handed to us by 2 mirage 2k in BVR with my wingman, in the hornet...

it was on Caucasus, so we were limited to Fox1s, and needless to say, the mirages clearly got the advantage given the superior 530 (compared to the aim-7MH), better IFF system, pure power, and countermeasures...

1 vs 1 I can handle the mirage pretty well online, but as soon as it goes 2 vs 2 or 2 vs 3, with equal or better pilots in front of you, you are toast..

Maybe when we get TWS in the APG-65 we might increase our odds, but so far, its a tough game...
View Quote
Having not played DCS, is this just a big open server?  What happens when you die?  Respawn at the base/carrier?  I can understand if it's an actual mission with two teams where, obviously, each side needs to reduce their opponent's force to zero.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 10:18:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By KingAirDriver:
Having not played DCS, is this just a big open server?  What happens when you die?  Respawn at the base/carrier?  I can understand if it's an actual mission with two teams where, obviously, each side needs to reduce their opponent's force to zero.
View Quote
You can build the server with limited resources, to include aircraft.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 11:28:54 AM EDT
[#47]
I've quit flying the Hornet for now and gone back to the A10 because of this.  It sucks ass at AA and AG, wish they would've focused on one to completion.  You go blind to the world without TWS once you bug a target, and if you're limited to Sparrows it just makes it even worse.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 7:10:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By KingAirDriver:
View Quote
On that specific server you have a limited number of spawns for a certain amount of time. If you get shot down 3 times within 3 hours you can't fly that category of plane until the time period is over and life are reset.

It's a server with a dynamic campaign with ground target, farps and airbase to attack/defend.

After each period of time the server resets and the map changes/evolves according to the results of the previous period. The frontline moves in one direction or another.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 7:14:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#49]
More BS tonight on the buddy spike server.

After shooting down a su 27, another one decides to focus on me...

He somehow find me in the valleys and shoots me down. After that, similar situation in the next flight in which we are both looking for each other in different valley and he find me first and shoots me.

After reviewing the tacview file though, I am really unhappy.

Their fucking IRST clearly sees through the mountains.

I can clearly see the first one changing heading to go on an intercept course toward me after I change heading 2 valleys ahead, at a moment in which he has absolutely no line of sight.

Worst, he shoots his r-27t when there is still no line of sight.

Similar scenario in the second engagement.

Not only their fucking sensor is obviously passive and undetectable, but worst it can see through fucking mountains. 10 fucking nautical miles away.....

Im pissed
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 7:47:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sfljohn] [#50]
i was on BS caucaus last night with my buddy oz, we were in mirages and got a few hornet kills, he did a double kill in his 27, then we each got a heater kill on a hornet in m2k's

i think my group is going to start all using SWORD 7-X for our callsigns now
Page / 79
Top Top