Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:18:37 AM EDT
[#1]
LOL. ARF was all "FUCK YA!!!!!" over this gay shit. Now its finally realizing it is the butt of the joke.

I thought it was dumb from the start. I watch movies to escape and take my mind off shit. You guys who have SHTF fantasies have never thought through it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:21:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By glklvr:

The same thing that drives Republicans to roll over: they want to be viewed by everyone as nice, the good guys.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By glklvr:

Originally Posted By Lucifer_Sam:
I'm really not sure what drives conservative meekness in this regard, these people have made it clear they loathe conservatives, and take every opportunity they can to mock and degrade them. With the track record hollywood has the right should examine every thing they do with the most jaundiced eye possible, instead of making excuses for them and the media.

The same thing that drives Republicans to roll over: they want to be viewed by everyone as nice, the good guys.

When in fact they aren't seen as nice by any stretch......
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:24:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By BM1455:

This.  It's garbage bordering on real "insurrection" as it advocates for killing the president, which for all intensive purposes every one knows is supposed to be Trump.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BM1455:
Originally Posted By Jodan1776:
Blatant leftist propaganda in time for the election.   The libtards are getting desperate!

This.  It's garbage bordering on real "insurrection" as it advocates for killing the president, which for all intensive purposes every one knows is supposed to be Trump.

‘Civil War’ Review: Ridiculously Dopey, Anti-Trump Snuff Film
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:28:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm gonna see it Saturday.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:31:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Lexustech48:

Much prefer Mossberg pumps myself. GTFO of here with that limp shell elevator.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lexustech48:
Originally Posted By cyclone:

I dont own an 870...........how about a Benelli Nova?

Much prefer Mossberg pumps myself. GTFO of here with that limp shell elevator.

That’s just a gimmick, sonny! Nothing beats a Pre-‘64 Winchester Model 12…we really gave those ducks and deer hell!
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:32:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: killstick_engaged] [#6]
Originally Posted By Dissident:

Lol.  Do you even GD?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dissident:
Originally Posted By Riply21:
I like how everyone here just ignores the people that have seen it because it doesn't jive with their preconceived notion of the movie.

Lol.  Do you even GD?

The f*** are you guys smoking everywhere else outside GD is jumping up and down for joy at the bad president being a stand-in for Trump.

Arfcom just has enlightened centrists who try to bury their heads in the sand or play it off. Which honestly is an accurate reflection of modern conservatism and why it's losing so bad LOL.

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:33:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:

That’ll make a bunch of people here happy.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:
Originally Posted By mancow:
Originally Posted By CzechMate5:
Can’t wait for the hardened left’s collective fatal heart attacks when Trump is back in office.

Oh, you'll wait, because that is never happening.

That’ll make a bunch of people here happy.

Not happy at all…Xiden is and will continue to be a disaster….just resentful of those who chose the one candidate Xiden could beat because MUH own the libs!
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SekFan:

Somehow GD hasn’t realized that classics such as Idiocracy and 1984 are highly praised by both sides of the political spectrum.  

View Quote

The Libs fancy themselves O’Brien when they are really Syme. The Right were all summarily shot when the Party took power back in the ‘40s. We aren’t the same.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:16:18 AM EDT
[#9]
soo...is this an endorsement to watch?

and why do i care what some globo homo traitorous piece of shit has to say about anything???
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 11:31:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Lefty propaganda movie.
Only delusional liberals could like this piece of shit.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 12:18:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Riply21:
I like how everyone here just ignores the people that have seen it because it doesn't jive with their preconceived notion of the movie.
View Quote

Well you know opinions are like belly buttons....

I think people who are interested, need to just watch the movie with an open mind.  They might be suprised at what they come away with.

I've seen it, and appreciated the 'ambiguity of the bigger picture'... like a Rorschach blot test, you might infer what you are predisposed to infer.  Or not. :)
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 2:04:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Do the "journalists" get smoked?

If not then meh.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 2:14:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaerMorhenResident] [#13]
Completely unrealistic to the point of being comedic.  

Are the elites on the left who control mass media so far removed from hardship that they can't imagine how bad such an event would actually be or are they nerfing their stories on purpose?  Do they just fail to do their homework on such a topic and give it any real thought?  

A realistic portrayal of what would happen if the Republic fractured in this current social climate would legit disturb the audience to the point where suddenly everyone would be looking to get along better.  

Trump didn't stay in office after 2020, what makes them think he would pursue a third term by use of force?  

Republicans advocate in favor of nationalism, which is how you unify a diverse people composed of different ethnic and religious groups.  On the other hand, Democrats advocate for division by promoting tribalism through identity politics and by vilifying nationalism.   If our Republic does fracture it will be due in large part to the Democrats.

Link Posted: 4/12/2024 2:36:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tsg68] [#14]
The fact Nick Offalman’s in it is a hard no from me
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 3:51:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Since I can view with an open thoughtful mind and handle both nuance and criticism, I'm sure this will appeal to me. Garland and A24 have exceptional track records. Some conservatives lament lefties' control of Hollywood but then refuse to engage with the culture, which all but guarantees it will be the sole domain of the progressives. Conservatives have a duty to reclaim a voice in our cultural conversation, and that may mean engaging with material that contradicts or challenges your worldview, but it also may mean giving credit where credit is due...sounds like a lot of closed minds here. But then not everyone is a wanna-be cinephile, I get it. Still, art matters, and if we want to be part of driving our culture, we have to engage with it. Nothing about this sounds like raving leftie propaganda.
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 5:46:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Poll added. Was the Civil War 2024 movie lame?
Link Posted: 4/12/2024 6:26:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#17]
Originally Posted By SuperSixOne:
looks corny and low budget
View Quote

I watched on cam last night.
Corny and low budget is way too generous.

The depiction of any civilian with a gun was almost universally negative.

Photojournalists, on the other hand, are depicted as Godlike.

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 7:04:13 AM EDT
[#18]
In a way, it's like a zombie movie, everyone loves zombie movies because they can project who they hate onto the zombies and who they like onto the guys killing zombies.  If you want the movie to say any of the characters belongs to the "other" party, you'll be disappointed.  The only clearly evil character is the president because he won't relinquish power and he's used military force against the people of the USA.  Is he a Republican or Democrat?  Don't know, and it doesn't matter.  And it brings in both Republicans and Democrats to the theater, after all, this is a business trying to maximize sales.

The movie also shows how combat highlights and amplifies individual character.  Whether or not that's a thing I don't know but I got that message from the movie.  One of the photogs is an adrenalin junkie, another is haunted by flashbacks, another is young and oblivious, another won't give up even when limited by his physical condition.

The point of the CA/TX alliance is that even people of a deep blue CA and deep red TX can join together and fight against the federal government.  Never happen.  OK, so what.

A well written review with some spoilers:

https://screenrant.com/what-caused-civil-war-2024-movie/
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:02:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:
Completely unrealistic to the point of being comedic.  

Are the elites on the left who control mass media so far removed from hardship that they can't imagine how bad such an event would actually be or are they nerfing their stories on purpose?  Do they just fail to do their homework on such a topic and give it any real thought?  

A realistic portrayal of what would happen if the Republic fractured in this current social climate would legit disturb the audience to the point where suddenly everyone would be looking to get along better.  

Trump didn't stay in office after 2020, what makes them think he would pursue a third term by use of force?  

Republicans advocate in favor of nationalism, which is how you unify a diverse people composed of different ethnic and religious groups.  On the other hand, Democrats advocate for division by promoting tribalism through identity politics and by vilifying nationalism.   If our Republic does fracture it will be due in large part to the Democrats.

View Quote

My brother in Christ take a breath it’s a movie.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 10:13:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Bet Alex Garland quaffed KoolAid and took the clawt shawt too.  Lefties do that sort of thing.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:42:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By ERNURSE:
OMG, cant people just go watch a movie for some explosions and shootem up stuff without going psycho political. Not everything has hidden messages. Q didnt make this film.
View Quote

It's 2024.

Don't be naïve.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:45:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Curdmugeon45:

If not then meh.
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:47:58 AM EDT
[#23]
The fact that Offalman portrays the president tells me it’s anti-Trump.  Dude has serious TDS.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:53:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By tsg68:
The fact that Offalman portrays the president tells me it’s anti-Trump.  Dude has serious TDS.
View Quote

98% of all actors have TDS.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Not watching it but thanks
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:21:11 PM EDT
[#26]
I saw it last night. I think they did a good job of getting people to think especially with the ending. To get into the back story of how the western alliance got so strong would have taken too much time so you had to imagine. It did get me thinking about the number of criminal gangs that would prey on defenseless refugees or displaced people as a result of the war. I could definitely imagine people trying to live their lives like it wasn't happening.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:29:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#27]
Originally Posted By nightstalker:
Not watching it but thanks
View Quote

I mean the movie turned it around to make AR-15 carrying rural folk to look like barbarians, of course, but the looters strung up and bloodied in the car wash rack was a pretty good representation of what might really happen in the boogaloo.

Might be worth watching with a lot of fast forwarding to avoid the whiny dialogue, from a prepper standpoint.

But that's about it.

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:

98% of all actors have TDS.
View Quote

He was vocal.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 7:49:07 AM EDT
[#29]

Great, honest, well written review of a trash film.

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 7:52:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Gonna go see it next week so no opinion yet.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:11:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: panzersergeant] [#31]
Just got back from seeing it tonight. It gets off to a slow start with a lot of dialogue exchanged between the journalists but picks up as they make their way to D.C. Could it have been done better? Absolutely, but I was still entertained.

As has already been noted, Jesse Plemons was spot on with his understated psychopathic delivery as the unidentified ethnic cleanser. And Nick Offerman has all of 3 minutes screen time in the whole movie as the president.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:29:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Curdmugeon45:

If not then meh.
View Quote

It's surprisingly not even pro-journalist

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:35:46 AM EDT
[#33]
If it was supposed to be neutral why does it’s premise and participants steal from the paranoia of the last 6 years?
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:36:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By ButterBacon:

It's surprisingly not even pro-journalist

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

The job is to ignore compassion, lol.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:11:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#35]
Originally Posted By panzersergeant:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

The irony is that today, in reality, they are in fact the enemy of the republic as it was founded.
The MSM literally seek to destroy it.

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 11:00:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Ultimately, I did not care for the movie because it was so ambiguous.  There was no context for why anything was happening.  The Journalists were inconsequential and acted stupidly most of the time.  Most of them are supposed to be seasoned, but their actions dont show that.  

The Western Forces are supposedly secessionist, but why are they laying siege to DC?   Also there are passing references to a Northwestern alliance of states as well as Florida and the south. Why bring it up to never mention it again?  

Everyone, both (all) sides are shown to be terrible, committing war crimes and atrocities.  

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:38:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Saw it.  It was an ANTIFA wet dream.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:13:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By atomicferret:
Ultimately, I did not care for the movie because it was so ambiguous.  There was no context for why anything was happening.  The Journalists were inconsequential and acted stupidly most of the time.  Most of them are supposed to be seasoned, but their actions dont show that.  

The Western Forces are supposedly secessionist, but why are they laying siege to DC?   Also there are passing references to a Northwestern alliance of states as well as Florida and the south. Why bring it up to never mention it again?  

Everyone, both (all) sides are shown to be terrible, committing war crimes and atrocities.  

View Quote

so pretty accurate to how things would happen
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:18:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NCPatrolAR:
Originally Posted By atomicferret:

I hate to be a broken record but you are correct.

During the Revolution, Loyalists committed atrocities, and Patriot (Whig) militia did the same. Rapes, maimings, arson, outright murder.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:28:31 AM EDT
[#40]
I saw it yesterday. Actually, it was pretty good and at no point did it feel like a Trump hit piece. In fact, it could just as easily have been a deranged Democrat who overstayed his welcome in the White House. The ambiguity of it all actually adds to the confusion, but it comes together a bit at the end. The cinematography is pretty outstanding.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:31:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By _DR:

Great, honest, well written review of a trash film.

View Quote

I agree, it was a shit movie...
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:04:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#42]
Watched it again, just to make sure I wasn't wrong about this film.  Nope, its clearly hit piece on Trump, civil war was clearly caused by Trump-like prez, fertile garbage from the liberal mind.

And so dumb. Like the whole mass grave scene journalist killings could have been avoided by simply not holding the moving cars side by side with the retardo asian journalists. And when the fat black journalist gets shot, just stuff him in the back seat, don't render first aid just let him bleed out while you drive hysterically to nowhere.

Like I said, after watching it twice, imo, the entire film is a fetid fantasy from a tortured TDS afflicted liberal mind. There's no doubt

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:10:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By _DR:

Watched it again, just to make sure I wasn't wrong about this film.  Nope, uts clearly hit piece on Trump, civil was by Trump, fertile garbage from the liberal mind.

And so dumb. Like the whole mass grave scene journalist killings could have been avoided by simply not holding the moving cars side by side with the retardo asian journalists. And when the fat black journalist gets shot, just stuff him in the back seat, don't render first aid just let him bleed out while you drive hysterically to nowhere.

Like I said, after watching it twice, imo, the entire film is a fetid fantasy from a tortured TDS afflicted liberal mind. There's no doubt

View Quote

If thats what you got from it, then thats what you got from it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:31:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: _DR] [#44]
Originally Posted By LV1976:

If thats what you got from it, then thats what you got from it.
View Quote

Well I did think the best part of the movie was when the Lincoln memorial took an anti-tank rocket and blew up like it was a gasoline dump.

That was pretty epic, if more than a bit ridiculous.

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top