Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:56:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Vote4Cthulhu:
There are some very good pieces of advice in this thread about behavior not to engage in if you must drink, and about who/when/how it's appropriate to vent about your spouse if you need to. These pieces of advice are ostensibly being ignored by OP.
View Quote

I’ve stated numerous times I was out of line venting to my mom, and the folks telling me as such are right.

If I knew ahead of time the little factoid that started all of this was gonna present itself at 1030pm on a Saturday night, I would’ve abstained from drinking.

It was a shit sandwich I couldn’t have seen coming. I’ll take some lessons from it, hopefully my wife will too.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:03:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By QueenDeNile:
Can you look at this statement and understand how offensive it is? Women always do dumb stuff. Could it be better comprehended that women are not educated in ways of protecting their homes and self? Women are not taught these things so they are ignorant. Women spend their childhood learning social and emotional intelligence -while boys learn physical and mechanical skills. If you don't take the time to teach her these things and her only opportunity to learn is after an error - think about what kind of teaching methodology she has. How would you have learned algebra if your teacher slapped your hand every time you errored and not actually taught you the skill? And then thought you were stupid. For fucks sake-she's your wife whom you vowed to adore and you think she's stupid because she doesn't have your life experiences.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HecklerKac:
Women always do dumb shit regarding security, safety and well being.

Can't tell you how many times I yell at mine for not locking doors or leaving her gun in the mud room, etc

Edit, the therapist thing is bad news...get out of that shit
Can you look at this statement and understand how offensive it is? Women always do dumb stuff. Could it be better comprehended that women are not educated in ways of protecting their homes and self? Women are not taught these things so they are ignorant. Women spend their childhood learning social and emotional intelligence -while boys learn physical and mechanical skills. If you don't take the time to teach her these things and her only opportunity to learn is after an error - think about what kind of teaching methodology she has. How would you have learned algebra if your teacher slapped your hand every time you errored and not actually taught you the skill? And then thought you were stupid. For fucks sake-she's your wife whom you vowed to adore and you think she's stupid because she doesn't have your life experiences.

This type of wariness is innate.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:04:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By JohnnyLoco:

Who knows, hard to tell from an online forum. Either she’s crazy like many women and vindictive, punishing, emotionally withholding etc. or maybe, just maybe you’re overly negative and overbearing with her  and you just don’t notice (understandable given your profession).

All I can say is with women, even the worst batshit crazy, bp ones upbeat positivity, compliments, encouragement and positive reinforcement (even when you’re lying through your teeth), affection and humor goes a long way. She obviously is over sensitive so take a don’t give a shit, nonchalant attitude with her (even if you’re freaking out inside), then quietly fix the damage or make preparations on the side. This also helps when they try to bait you, just don’t show your cards, stay calm and cool.

Women aren’t like men, we can handle being yelled at and berated, thrive under negativity, etc.
View Quote

Yup, you are right.

99% of the time I would’ve kept my mouth shut and calmly explained what kind of danger she put us in.

Had my security camera not been at 1% battery (no shit) I probably would’ve reacted that way even though I still would’ve been mad.

Instead my inner monologue became my outer monologue. “WTF… are you serious? How could you give a stranger our address then tell them we are out of town? Did you not think about that at all?”

That’s more or less what was said. It wasn’t like “You stupid bitch!” or anything.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:18:18 PM EDT
[#4]
She just retorts, "Look at the profile pic, she seems normal!"
View Quote
Am I the bad guy? Venting about wife stupidity.
View Quote
OP's avatar looks like he is good people.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:18:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By King-Of-Town:

My woman does this shit. I say my piece--- I don't give a fuck.  Some people are right, some people are wrong.  Your wife is wrong.  Give no quarter.   If your kid was talking to strangers, or playing with matches, and your corrected him, and het got made at you, how would you looking at it?

Don't take advice from weak men her either.

She pulls this shit because she doesn't respect you.  You can work towards making it better or you can make it worse.  The safety of your family and home is more important than her feelings.  This is a byproduct of 2024 , feminism and the breakdown of male leadership of the home.
View Quote

100%.

OP, you need to read this above post and then read it again.

This is a shit test and you are failing if you don't call her out on her BS. You can do it calmly, like adults discussing what to have for dinner - don't raise your voice or use profanity. But you need to call her out for this.

I personally would point out that her feeling like she needs to "forgive" you for ANYTHING in this scenario is a defense mechanism initiated by her shame of realizing you were right. It's normal to feel a little embarrassed or shameful for inviting scammers to break into your house while you guys were out of town, but what she SHOULD be saying is "OMG, you're right...I won't do THAT again!" And then she should apologize and you should ACCEPT her apology and laugh it off...because nothing bad happened.

Then, you should NEVER bring it up again...but be watchful in the future to avoid similar security issues.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:20:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By BuckeyeRifleman:
Last weekend we were handing out with my parents about 2 hrs away. We're having a good time, I've had a few drinks, hanging out. My wife announced that she thought the person she was texting on marketplace might be a scammer. They said they sent the money for the workout equipment she was selling, but are now asking for a refund. I look at the texts, and I immediately agree that it's 100% a scammer.

She then told us that she had already given said person our address and told them we were out of town until tomorrow afternoon to arrange the meetup prior to receiving the money.

I flip out a bit. I don't raise my voice, but I'm more than a little angry with her for telling strangers we're out of town and giving them our address. I then look at our driveway/garage security camera and realize I forgot to charge it (it's at 1% battery.) This is my fault, but it fuels my unease more than a bit. I can't just drive home as I had been drinking, plus it's 11:30 at night. I think about the fact a house not far from ours got hit and cleaned out due to a social media post last year.

So I give my wife a bit of the riot act. Again, not to the point of losing my mind or raising my voice, but like "Seriously, did you think about the fact you don't know this person before telling them that!?" She just retorts, "Look at the profile pic, she seems normal!" This conversation lasts about 10 minutes. It was nothing crazy, I've had worse come to Jesus' from elementary school teachers.

Instead of just apologizing for her mistake, my wife doesn't take any responsibility for it and storms off to bed. So I vent a bit to my mom for about 20 minutes about my wife's lack of situational awareness and common sense at times, in reality I'm probably more pissed at myself for not charging the camera more than anything.  

I then get a text from the wife. "I hear everything you are saying, it's gonna take a long time to forgive you for this!"

Now I'm the bad guy. My wife has been seeing a therapist for depression/anxiety and some childhood trauma. I think that's great. The downside is, because of this she now seems to fancy herself a mental health expert. She claims that I need therapy and it wasn't normal to be angry over that, etc etc.

I apologized for probably overreacting. Thankfully, we got home and all was well and now I seem like an asshole. But it was still really dumb on her part. Somehow, it's now my fault and I'm the one who has problems.
View Quote

I may be reading into this, but it comes across to me that you may have scolded her like a parent would a child.  Adults don't react well to that.  

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:22:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I think this has a lot to do with why men believe women are not accountable for their actions. The woman did error but it wasn't intentional. Her husband treated her no different than had she intentionally put her house at risk. When emotions dictates the situation it becomes punitive (only right and wrong.) The couple needs to focus on the solution and creating an environment where each feels safe to own their mistakes. The OP admitted to reading her the riot act (but not yelling.). Disappointing our husband is not a lot different than a threat. I know it's significantly different for men but you have to look at the currency of marriage. Women's most valuable asset is pleasing their husbands. So looking at the original story-her motive was to please her husband, she was trying to negotiate a transaction and didn't foresee being scammed. She panicked when she realized her mistake and stated her mistake to her husband who blew up, treated her like she was stupid and insulted her to his mother. These are the emotional equivalence of being physically attacked. So in her mind she did own her mistake and ask for help. She is only denying that it was intentional. There's semantics at play. She told her husband exactly what she did. In her mind this is owning her mistake.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Andrewsky:
Originally Posted By StillGonnaSendIt:
She did nothing wrong and you acted like a toolbag. It's public record. If they really cared to come and "clean you out' they wouldn't go through some elaborate Facebook scam. They're probably in some Indian Internet cafe or a Brazilian transplant. You overreacted and are just paranoid. Do you also cover your license plate up in photos?
WHAT?!

No no.  This is security 101.  You don't give random people your address and then tell them you're out of town!  
I think this has a lot to do with why men believe women are not accountable for their actions. The woman did error but it wasn't intentional. Her husband treated her no different than had she intentionally put her house at risk. When emotions dictates the situation it becomes punitive (only right and wrong.) The couple needs to focus on the solution and creating an environment where each feels safe to own their mistakes. The OP admitted to reading her the riot act (but not yelling.). Disappointing our husband is not a lot different than a threat. I know it's significantly different for men but you have to look at the currency of marriage. Women's most valuable asset is pleasing their husbands. So looking at the original story-her motive was to please her husband, she was trying to negotiate a transaction and didn't foresee being scammed. She panicked when she realized her mistake and stated her mistake to her husband who blew up, treated her like she was stupid and insulted her to his mother. These are the emotional equivalence of being physically attacked. So in her mind she did own her mistake and ask for help. She is only denying that it was intentional. There's semantics at play. She told her husband exactly what she did. In her mind this is owning her mistake.

Negligence doesn't absolve responsibility.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:22:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Yup it was dumb, I'll take that.

In reality, it was like the perfect storm of dumb shit. Me being several drinks deep when the idiocy was revealed, me forgetting to charge the camera after I had been out of town for six weeks for work, and my wife finding scammers on marketplace, plus giving them our address and that we weren't home.

Had just one of those things not happened, I'd still be Mr. Model husband.
View Quote

Eff the camera battery. What good would that do? You get to WATCH while they clean you out? Cops hardly ever make arrests or get your shit back from that kind of footage. The most you could do is call the cops and hope they showed up in time to catch them (rarely happens if the scammers know what they are doing). They can smash and grab and be gone in 3 mins and still clean you out if there are enough bad guys on site working as a team...I wouldn't beat yourself up about the camera battery at all. Just do better next time.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:24:17 PM EDT
[#9]
She screwed up and you screwed up.

OP, maybe you're like me; you 100% know that you didn't raise your voice or belittle your wife in any way even though you had "a few" drinks.  You weren't overreacting, and your wife really needs to take this serious.
If your wife is like mine, she 100% noticed you raised your voice, belittled her, and acted as if she didn't understand what you were saying, even though you kept going on and on and she got the point some time ago.

It's an eye opener when you get recorded and the things you know you didn't do are right there in plain sight.  After my wife showed me video of a few of our discussions and arguments, I better understood her feelings and reactions.

Food for thought.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:29:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By tornadochaser:
She screwed up and you screwed up.

OP, maybe you're like me; you 100% know that you didn't raise your voice or belittle your wife in any way even though you had "a few" drinks.  You weren't overreacting, and your wife really needs to take this serious.
If your wife is like mine, she 100% noticed you raised your voice, belittled her, and acted as if she didn't understand what you were saying, even though you kept going on and on and she got the point some time ago.

It's an eye opener when you get recorded and the things you know you didn't do are right there in plain sight.  After my wife showed me video of a few of our discussions and arguments, I better understood her feelings and reactions.

Food for thought.
View Quote

Wait...what?

Your wife records your arguments? Like, secretly, or you know about it at the time??
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#11]
It’s definitely something that needs to be addressed in a very serious way.

But you must stand your ground. You can admit you may have overreacted a little, but do not concede anything else.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:39:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By zeekh:
She is a woman. My wife rarely (never) admits she's wrong. Its doesnt mean she thinks shes  never wrong, she just wont admit it. Nor does she apologize.  Frustrating sometimes.
View Quote

They all are like that. You must train them not to be.

I never let my wife pull that shit. From the beginning I would not let it go until the actual words came out of her mouth.

Keep in mind, you have to do this properly. You can’t name call, belittle, etc. but you must not waiver one bit.

I can’t believe guys need this explained, but the vast majority of women need training.

Happy wife, happy life, is the biggest scam saying ever. Women are children in grown up bodies. You hand to treat them accordingly and train them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:45:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Wife, mom and I are all hanging out after dinner, having a few drinks and enjoying ourselves at around 1030 pm. We’re probably about to all go to bed anyway. That’s when my wife made the announcement that she almost got scammed and gave our address to strangers and let them know we weren’t home. I tell her how dumb that was, and that I’m doubly worried because I forgot to charge the security camera and it’s about to die.

Wife storms off, I’m still pretty mad/worried and vent to mom for a bit who was there for the whole thing. It wasn’t like my mom didn’t know what happened already.

What I’ve learned about this whole thread is that it’s better to just bottle up that anger and let it build into deep seated resentment.

View Quote

Yes, you should have bottled up that anger instead of crying to your mommy about it.  

So we're clear, too, I do believe your wife made a mistake and you definitely needed to talk to her about it.  Every way you handled the situation after her telling you was wrong and you do deserve the shit she's giving you for it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I’d tell her she was in the wrong and if anyone needed forgiveness it was her.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:48:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't fight the small battles.  Don't talk trash about your spouse.  Don't berate your spouse.  Know that you're always wrong.  Accept her explanations/excuses.  Ignore all the little things.

Or always be right and single.  Your choice.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:51:45 PM EDT
[#16]
You were technically right OP, but marriage doesn't work that way.

I'd be pissed too if the SO did that.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:00:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Tell her to go marry someone wealthy enough to not care if you get burglarized.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:06:21 PM EDT
[#18]
A - How long have you been married?
B - Do you have a trusted neighbor to replace the battery or at least keep an eye on your home?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:03:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Women just do this shit.  Divulge information not required.  Last year I have to swing by the tax accountant office to sign our taxes.  Walk in, explain who I am, and this very friendly secretary / receptionist starts telling me about how she understands my wife and I will be out of town for the next week and that she hopes we will enjoy our vacation.

I get home ...

"Honey, why does some random woman I've never met know that our house is going to be vacant for the next week?"

"Oh, we were just having some small talk."

"Why did she need to know that?"

"She's not going to rob our house.  She's a sweet old lady."

"Honey, everyone has a worthless brother, a piece of shit cousin, somebody in their life that isn't trustworthy.  Is it possible that she could just in passing conversation let it slip that she met a lovely couple who are going on a vacation for a week?"
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:26:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:
Originally Posted By Andrewsky:
She did nothing wrong and you acted like a toolbag. It's public record. If they really cared to come and "clean you out' they wouldn't go through some elaborate Facebook scam. They're probably in some Indian Internet cafe or a Brazilian transplant. You overreacted and are just paranoid. Do you also cover your license plate up in photos?
WHAT?!

No no.  This is security 101.  You don't give random people your address and then tell them you're out of town!  

True but my point is that she admitted what she had done which is accepting responsibility. What really did the OP want from her? He blew up because of her mistake so apparently he has expectations of her that's she in capable of meeting. I point this out because what men want and expect can be as difficult to decipher for women as vis- -vis. I doubt if she dropped to her knees and begged for forgiveness it would have changed his reaction to the problem caused and I also doubt in the future it would remedy similar mistakes because she doesn't have the experience he has and he doesn't have the foresight to teach her.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:34:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By BoomFootShot:

I never let my wife pull that shit. From the beginning I would not let it go until the actual words came out of her mouth.

Keep in mind, you have to do this properly. You can't name call, belittle, etc. but you must not waiver one bit.

I can't believe guys need this explained, but the vast majority of women need training.

Happy wife, happy life, is the biggest scam saying ever. Women are children in grown up bodies. You hand to treat them accordingly and train them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BoomFootShot:
Originally Posted By zeekh:
She is a woman. My wife rarely (never) admits she's wrong. Its doesnt mean she thinks shes  never wrong, she just wont admit it. Nor does she apologize.  Frustrating sometimes.

Keep in mind, you have to do this properly. You can't name call, belittle, etc. but you must not waiver one bit.

I can't believe guys need this explained, but the vast majority of women need training.

Go on I need to hear this. I don't disagree that most women need some training but that's some pretty fucked up shit. Marriage is supposed to be a team. Spouses are supposed to compliment each other. If you married someone exactly like you there would be a big void of shit that you are incapable of doing and vis- -vis. I don't get what makes you think you're entitled to treat your wife like that.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:38:59 PM EDT
[#22]
I stopped at complaining to your Mom about your wife.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:39:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By FGracing:
Women tend to not accept responsibility or apologize when they know they are wrong. It’s easier to twist around reality and deflect until they find a way to place the blame at your feet.
View Quote

Yep, ex wife and her mom the same way.  Glad she is the ex .  Current GF is very responsible ands knows when she is wrong.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:44:25 PM EDT
[#24]
OP must be new to being married

Everything is ur fault.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Try telling her to calm down, Opey.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:08:02 PM EDT
[#26]
You're right but you mishandled it.  So drink another beer and own up to your shortcomings.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#27]

Yeah, I tried to apologize after I realized she was in earshot. That didn’t go well.

She seemed over it the next morning. This all happened last weekend and tonight I came home to pissy wife… “What do you think I’m angry about!?”

Fucking Christ… I apologized. Either get over it or don’t. That’s her choice, I can’t take it back unfortunately.

Yup I was out of line venting to mom. I’ll own it, I just wish she’d own her part.

View Quote

No, FUCK that ..out of the entire fucking universe, if it's not OK to talk with your mom then who the fuck are you supposed to be able to talk with?

Should it have been within earshot of your wife?  Maybe not, but again .. your wife and parents you should be able to talk about anything you want
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:47:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: YourAlterEgo] [#28]

Yeah trust me.

I had been out of town for six weeks and just got home. Those batteries last a loooong time but I just forgot to do it before we left. I remembered I meant to do it as we were driving to my parents place the day before but figured it was gonna be fine, “What are the chances?”

I swear this whole thing was just the perfect storm of shit. The holes in the Swiss cheese lined up perfectly.

-My wife found scammers
-We happened to be going out of town that weekend
-The conversation happens at 11pm the one night I’ve had a few drinks and I handle it more poorly than I otherwise would've (I probably wouldn’t have been dumb enough to vent to mom if not.)
-My wife tells these people we are out of town instead of just saying we weren’t available
-My wife gives these people our address before receiving payment.
-I forget to charge the security camera which fuels my worry/anger
-My wife overhears me vent

I’ll own my portion of it, which was staying up and venting, but still, sometimes I have to marvel at my lack of luck.
View Quote

This is to point out you made one mistake, and that's what she’s focusing on
Teacher Makes SHOCKING ERROR But His Response is PRICELESS
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:07:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Liability to the team

An asset would not be so forthcoming with sensitive information
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:09:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Start selling your shit so you can pay her, her 50%…
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:11:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Bitches be crazy.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:14:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Jesus fucking christ, Dont talk down to your partner in the presence of others and dont talk shit about her to others.  If you fucks would quit doing those two things you might have a better relationship or even a partner that feels safe with you.

Seriously your mother?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:38:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By ManMan:

No, FUCK that ..out of the entire fucking universe, if it's not OK to talk with your mom then who the fuck are you supposed to be able to talk with?

Should it have been within earshot of your wife?  Maybe not, but again .. your wife and parents you should be able to talk about anything you want
View Quote

I would never speak ill of my wife in front of my family, especially my mom.  My wife will never have the same standing with my mom as I do, so why would I want to risk lowering her standing even more?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:56:08 PM EDT
[#34]
....I then get a text from the wife. "I hear everything you are saying, it's gonna take a long time to forgive you for this!"....
View Quote

Classic gaslighting.  Does your wife have narcissistic traits?  A classic narcissist struggles with accepting fault for something they did wrong.  They have a lot of interesting and challenging defense mech.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:35:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By AmericanPeople:
You never tell people what she revealed.  Hopefully you can make her understand but this event is why women suck at protective issues.  They should not be in government or managers and probably not allowed to vote either.

View All Quotes
You never tell people what she revealed.  Hopefully you can make her understand but this event is why women suck at protective issues.  They should not be in government or managers and probably not allowed to vote either.

Absolutely this.

Originally Posted By BoyScoutArsonist:
When she says "it's going to take a long time to forgive you for this"' that means she's never going to forgive you for this. Pepper your angus.

But while she should be recognizing this huge blunder, unfortunately this too.

Hopefully your house isn’t ransacked when you get home.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:38:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Pics not loading.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:44:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By PewPewPew1212:

Absolutely this.

Hopefully your house isn't ransacked when you get home.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PewPewPew1212:

Absolutely this.

Originally Posted By BoyScoutArsonist:
When she says "it's going to take a long time to forgive you for this"' that means she's never going to forgive you for this. Pepper your angus.

Hopefully your house isn't ransacked when you get home.
Whatever, I agree most women are not cut out for politics but neither are most of the politicians who govern this country. Men and women obviously think differently-as I said her telling her husband of her mistake was an admission of what she did. She was looking to him for help to correct it and rather than focusing on the problem he focused on what she did. How is this helpful? What does it resolve? Most marriage vows exchange the promise of holding each other above all others-yet rather than turning to his wife and focusing on the situation he complained to his mother. I have a saying that I say to myself when ever conflict arises in my marriage-am I helping my marriage or am I hurting it? I would encourage everyone married to ask this question more.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:44:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheWhiteHorse] [#38]
Women are just not wired the same as men, especially in today’s world. Sounds exactly like something my lady would do… tell her you’re sorry for getting upset and there is some blame to lay at your feet as well for not ensuring your perimeter was secure. Never call her stupid.

Then go make some love…
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:48:30 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

Yeah, I tried to apologize after I realized she was in earshot. That didn’t go well.

She seemed over it the next morning. This all happened last weekend and tonight I came home to pissy wife… “What do you think I’m angry about!?”

Fucking Christ… I apologized. Either get over it or don’t. That’s her choice, I can’t take it back unfortunately.

Yup I was out of line venting to mom. I’ll own it, I just wish she’d own her part.

Depending on dynamics, I agree.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:49:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Shit on her pillow for added emphasis.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:14:02 PM EDT
[#41]

You don’t tell people that you work? You’re busy that day?  You just tell people all the time “I’m chilling at the house”?

This might blow some of your minds but telling someone you’re out of town is not a breach of security.  Telling someone on Facebook market ‘can’t meet today as we’re out of town’ and giving them the address is no lore dangerous than any other time someone might find you.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ridgerunner9876:

It's public record that they were 2 hours away from their home and not going to be there until the next day????

You don’t tell people that you work? You’re busy that day?  You just tell people all the time “I’m chilling at the house”?

This might blow some of your minds but telling someone you’re out of town is not a breach of security.  Telling someone on Facebook market ‘can’t meet today as we’re out of town’ and giving them the address is no lore dangerous than any other time someone might find you.

LOL. Yes, it sure as fuck is.

Ever see stories on how often people's houses get burglarized when they're at a funeral. Know why? Because it's advertised in the paper that their relative died and when the funeral is.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 6:15:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ridgerunner9876] [#42]
Originally Posted By brownbomber:

That isn't the only thing she did.  She revealed the time slot in which it would be advantageous for an unscrupulous person to victimize her.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brownbomber:
Originally Posted By jalcon9:
Wife wasn't that smart at all but for everyone says "NeVeR gIvE OuT Ur ReAl AdDrEsS"

You guys do realize that it takes 15 seconds on the internet to find your address, cell phone, emails, previous addresses, relatives, background, age, birthday, etc right?

That isn't the only thing she did.  She revealed the time slot in which it would be advantageous for an unscrupulous person to victimize her.

We have some genuine security geniuses around here.

It is beginning to dawn on me that aptitude for matters such as security is generally lower than I expected on average.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:09:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Most of 5 pages of dudes talking shit and making fun of their wives like they were just randomly paired up and they didn't choose them to marry and possibly procreate with.  

Nope just some ditzy idiot who was assigned to you.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#44]

Yup, dump in hindsight.

I was stressed. I wanted to vent said stress. I did. I feel like that's a pretty normal response... Saying I "need therapy" for doing so seems like a lot of projection.
View Quote

Therapy helps some people, and not others.  Usually a tenet of the ones it does help is they then project that need on others
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:26:24 PM EDT
[#45]
She didnt take responsibility for her actions? Thats very surprising.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:31:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Ridgerunner9876:

LOL. Yes, it sure as fuck is.

Ever see stories on how often people's houses get burglarized when they're at a funeral. Know why? Because it's advertised in the paper that their relative died and when the funeral is.

View Quote

Look man I’m not disagreeing that it happens but it doesn’t increase the likelihood of it. I have never heard of a house getting burglarized because they saw the family was at a funeral. I’m sure it’s happened when someone knew someone was out of town but you guys are acting like it’s Rosenberg level breach of security. It’s not a big deal.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:44:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Revealing your houses location was dumb, and then eavesdropping on you was dishonest and catty. We live in the real world with real dangers, and your wife needs to accept some responsibility for herself. She's an adult and the internet wasn't invented yesterday.

So I vote NTA, but you need to be careful around your wife especially if you've had a couple drinks, because if she has an anxiety/mood disorder, this is how ARCOM Curse threads start.

If you want to see your own therapist for other reasons then fine, but you (both) might benefit from some marriage counseling. For one thing, so that you can develop some better tactics to deal with anxious/depressive behavior. For another, it might make her feel better that you want to work on things for yourself.

It's a delicate thing to handle objectively bad behavior, without becoming the villain or making her feel unloved. I am not saying you do a bad job of that now, but when she is not good at being rational or objective, that just makes it harder to get the balance right.

Good luck to you both!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:47:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By bikertrash:

Pussy whipped much?

This is why these issues never get solved.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bikertrash:
Originally Posted By CharlesUFina:
"Yes dear"

Pussy whipped much?

This is why these issues never get solved.

Mine got solved.......with a divorce!  

She like the OP was someone that you just could not tell her she was wrong or out of line, on anything, in any way, shape, or form.  

Life is too short to have narcissistic partners who refuse to admit when they make a mistake and refuse to apologize and instead deflect by turning every argument around to how YOU are wrong.  Fuck those people.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:51:55 PM EDT
[#49]
If OP wasn't drunk/drinking, he could have taken care of his house instead. Next time don't be incapacitated. It's a hard world.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 7:53:07 PM EDT
[#50]
The lack of security awareness some people have is staggering.

You are not the asshole and she should realize why she fucked up.
Page / 7
Top Top