Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2024 10:49:36 AM EDT
Someone gave dad a set of old Dearborn discs. Bearing cap is broken on one side and I'm having trouble sourcing one. Anybody got any clue where to find a source?

I found a a P/N but it appears to be discontinued.

P/N 112707

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:59:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ske714] [#1]
Picture of the broken part?  I'm sure it would be easy to repair of make a new one.  It could be that all you need is a metal strap with a hole in each end that sits across the cap on the existing bolts, just to hold the pieces in place.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:13:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Disc parts aren't usually proprietary.  You should be able to find all the parts you need to totally rebuild it if you ever wished.

Shoup is a good place to look.
Shoup

As is AgriSupply
AgriSupply
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:17:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dusty3030:
Disc parts aren't usually proprietary.  You should be able to find all the parts you need to totally rebuild it if you ever wished.

Shoup is a good place to look.
Shoup

As is AgriSupply
AgriSupply
View Quote

I've bought some parts for an old disc through AgriSupply before.  They were easy to deal with.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:14:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ske714:
Picture of the broken part?  I'm sure it would be easy to repair of make a new one.  It could be that all you need is a metal strap with a hole in each end that sits across the cap on the existing bolts, just to hold the pieces in place.
View Quote

Its completely missing.

The last picture is the same part on the opposite side.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By jerrmy:

Its completely missing.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jerrmy:
Originally Posted By ske714:

Its completely missing.

Ah, no good.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Search Ebay for “disc harrow bearing cap”

You may find something close enough to replace the top and bottom caps as a set.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:43:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I think I'll try the one from agrisupply above and see if it I can make it work
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:57:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jerrmy] [#8]
Current status:
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Got a new set of discs, 2 bearing caps, and axle on the way. Gonna see if the spacers will fit with the new axle but may have to order those too.  That axle was only a little bent lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top