Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 46
Posted: 10/7/2020 5:29:34 PM EDT
I just scooped a Challenger SP Widebody.  I'm only about 250 miles into it but man it's fun. I've been driving trucks and SUVs for years and haven't had a car since my 20's.

Oil catch can is next I think, I'm hearing these 6.4L need them. Thoughts?

Some say these are tuned to well theres not much to do to them, even air intakes dont add HP.  Mods for HP, thoughts?

Mid muffler delete?  Only to piss off my subdivision or is there benefits other than cool sound?

Anyone getting under 4 seconds on 0-60?  My first try got a 4.3 on a 75 degree dry day at 700-ish feet above sea level.  I had some tire spin so I think I can get under 4.

pics of gear cuz this is ARF.  Thought a fun key fob was in order b/c the scat pack one just says dodge which I thought was a bummer.

Link Posted: 10/7/2020 9:24:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#1]
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:
I just scooped a Challenger SP Widebody.  I'm only about 250 miles into it but man it's fun. I've been driving trucks and SUVs for years and haven't had a car since my 20's.

Oil catch can is next I think, I'm hearing these 6.4L need them. Thoughts?

Some say these are tuned to well theres not much to do to them, even air intakes dont add HP.  Mods for HP, thoughts?

Mid muffler delete?  Only to piss off my subdivision or is there benefits other than cool sound?

Anyone getting under 4 seconds on 0-60?  My first try got a 4.3 on a 75 degree dry day at 700-ish feet above sea level.  I had some tire spin so I think I can get under 4.

pics of gear cuz this is ARF.  Thought a fun key fob was in order b/c the scat pack one just says dodge which I thought was a bummer.

https://i.imgur.com/huPzdOTh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/nnHr57Jh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/G6uBWBxh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/RXxZmWJh.jpg
View Quote

Nice Challenger! Plenty of them here:  https://www.challengertalk.com/forums/

The stock airbox is very good. Not much to improve on, unless you do the hellcat lower mod ( only good for lowering AIT ). It's the only mod that I've done and will do. Since this is a Challenger thread,

Link Posted: 10/7/2020 9:31:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep. There’s a few here.

Link Posted: 10/8/2020 12:05:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 12:20:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Challenger thread!!!!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 8:42:23 AM EDT
[#5]
nice cars fellas!  some of these photos were considered before I bought the car a couple weeks ago!
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 3:11:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Put a catch can on the passenger side. Leave exhaust alone. Enjoy!
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 8:00:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Butternut] [#7]
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 8:05:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ecarl4100] [#8]
Here in Memphis, those and Chrysler 300’s have a following. Challengers seem like a cool car, pretty fast.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 8:13:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hydra-shokz:
https://i.ibb.co/ky1pFmk/94032783-2520904964787952-8758478536148254720-o.jpg

Put a catch can on the passenger side. Leave exhaust alone. Enjoy!
View Quote

I really like that color a lot on a challenger, nice ride!
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 8:32:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Butternut:

No mods here. Had the Petty's garage front strut brace in my last Scat Pack, but have no plans to add it or otherwise mod the WB.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/88366/20200920_143315-1607103.jpg
View Quote

Did you find the strut brace made any difference?
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 8:36:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 12:44:50 PM EDT
[#12]

In the Scat Pack Charger, yes, it made a fairly noticeable difference in hard cornering and in high speed straightaway stability.

The WB SPs have intensely stiff front springs - if memory serves, they are even stiffer than HC's.
View Quote

interesting, never owned a car with a strut brace or experienced it.  I've been driving trucks and SUVs for so long that this thicc beast feels pretty nimble haha.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 1:12:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 5:50:21 PM EDT
[#14]

IMHO it's not needed in the WB, but Petty's Garage makes some awesome ones, and can be ordered in the OE color of the car which looks slick.
View Quote

thanks, I'll check them.  

On that note, there are accessories I want.  I do want to get a oil catch because the videos I'm seeing show a decent amount of oil being caught in short periods.  If anyone can talk me out of it with some knowledge, I'm on board.  

I do need to make an aesthetic decision if add anything b/c I want everything to match, things like fuse box covers, hood prop covers, cap tops, etc..  Wife thinks brass or satin would pop a little more than a plum powder coat to match the hellraisin. I sort of like the idea of brass, always thought those brass monkey wheels were sharp.  I dont want to go too flashy (I'm not a kid anymore) but a little something to show up when I open the hood could be fun.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 6:24:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#15]

thanks, I'll check them.  

I do want to get a oil catch because the videos I'm seeing show a decent amount of oil being caught in short periods.  If anyone can talk me out of it with some knowledge, I'm on board.  
View Quote

There are pros and cons to everything. Yeah, they collect oil and can help the engine out. On the flip side, though few cases, they can be used to void your warranty.  Dude lost his warranty on a one year old car. https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=451361

"My car lost oil pressure upon start up sitting in my driveway. After a two week battle with the dealer and GM they blamed my catch can and blocked my warranty giving me no explanation on how the catch can caused any failure and now have walked away from an 11 month old car with 11423 miles on it."

If you plan on adding one, check with your local service manager and see if they're mod friendly. If not, try and find one who is.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 8:48:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Stitches1974:

There are pros and cons to everything. Yeah, they collect oil and can help the engine out. On the flip side, though few cases, they can be used to void your warranty.  Dude lost his warranty on a one year old car. https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=451361

"My car lost oil pressure upon start up sitting in my driveway. After a two week battle with the dealer and GM they blamed my catch can and blocked my warranty giving me no explanation on how the catch can caused any failure and now have walked away from an 11 month old car with 11423 miles on it."

If you plan on adding one, check with your local service manager and see if they're mod friendly. If not, try and find one who is.
View Quote

oof, that sounds like a bunch of bullshit but doesn't surprise me.  Frankly I am still on the fence about about it and keep reading different opinions.  Most of THIS is over my head but seems well thought out by someone who knows much more about motors than I do.
Link Posted: 10/11/2020 2:55:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hydra-shokz] [#17]

Did you find the strut brace made any difference?
View Quote

I did Petty's Garage front and rear braces and Speedlogix weld on sub frame connectors. Also a diff brace. My Hellcat has a really solid feel. No wheel hop. Totally worthwhile upgrade, IMO.

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 3:01:34 PM EDT
[#18]

I really like that color a lot on a challenger, nice ride!
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/11/2020 7:47:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Corsa extreme mo better, wake the dead.  

My 2019 scat charger
Corsa extreme 2019 scat pack part 2

Link Posted: 10/14/2020 9:47:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Hydra-shokz:

I did Petty's Garage front and rear braces and Speedlogix weld on sub frame connectors. Also a diff brace. My Hellcat has a really solid feel. No wheel hop. Totally worthwhile upgrade, IMO.

https://i.ibb.co/Hx7v3Fr/20200601-231428-1.jpg
View Quote

sploog, love it

I was sort of set on a HC but couldn't find a deal.  I wanted that super charger whine but it wasn't meant to be.  I'm happy with the SP though, its a beast of a motor and I guess it "saved" me some money.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 9:49:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Furyataurus:
Corsa extreme mo better, wake the dead.  

My 2019 scat charger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kybSCup6XgQ
View Quote

sounds awesome!  but I live in a sub-division.  I work from home full time right now so its not a huge deal to have a loud car but that be nuts at 7am on a Monday in my area.  I HAVE been thinking of a mid muffler delete however.  That'd give me a little growl on a limited budget.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 2:58:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cheezzyizill] [#22]
Nice car OP I like those new widebodies for sure. I was in the decision making process for a new fun car last august in 2019. I was 23 at the time LOL.

Checked out a new challenger, Camaro, C7, and Mustang at the time.  Camaro was definitely the worst of the lot listed for me being 6'5/6'6. I just couldn't fit plus the visibility was trash.

Pretty much came down to a Challenger Hellcat and a fully optioned premium Mustang GT.

I went with the mustang due to 0% financing plus I'm a mustang guy through and through.

Yes i have 2 different sets of the same wheels, bronze set is for cold weather.

All i've done since buying the car is a Corsa extreme cat back, Steeda Stop the hop kit, JLT catch can, Full front Stek clear bra and window tint, Cquartz ceramic coat everywhere including wheels and brake calipers. Its a god DD for sure. More stuff to come with time.

Sorry for posting about my mustang in a dodge thread i just like to share.

Also about the only thing i know about the 6.4L 392's is that they don't boost well and grenade pretty easily so if you consider that road really consider getting the bottom end built or from what I understand a lot of guy just do a hellcat conversion.
Link Posted: 11/6/2020 4:24:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AK-12] [#23]
Tuned Scat Packs are running 11's, anything more than that and you'll need to look at FI or a cam and headers. As mentioned above, the compression is high for an FI setup and you would want a forged rotator with forged aluminum pistons instead of the stock hypereutectics also.

On a stock FI setup I think ring gap does most in that have problems
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 6:14:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/7/2020 6:16:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 4:06:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Just a 5.7, but it's a manual.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/21/2020 8:40:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MachineGunMike] [#27]
Not a wide body, but she is my farm car.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 10:06:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/21/2020 11:23:12 PM EDT
[#29]
LUV me some Chally, no matter what the flavor.
View Quote

Yes we do.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 3:52:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Attachment Attached File
5.7 shaker package with the manual.  The 6.4 was so tempting but I'd never use it as the Trans Am is the fast good weather car. This is my long distance road car
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 5:21:06 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

The last post was in 2016...I wonder if there was any resolution...
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 8:41:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Kitulu:

The last post was in 2016...I wonder if there was any resolution...
View Quote

No there wasn't. GM walked away from it.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9629264&postcount=54

"You run the VIN in the computer and it comes back with the entire powertrain warranty showing blocked, at least mine does"
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 9:02:13 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Loving that dark purple!
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 9:04:56 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

If that was my car, I'd have gotten a lawyer and pursued a Magnuson-Moss Act claim.

"The catch can caused the oil starvation?  Prove it."
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 9:55:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By eracer:

If that was my car, I'd have gotten a lawyer and pursued a Magnuson-Moss Act claim.

"The catch can caused the oil starvation?  Prove it."
View Quote

You better have deep pockets then. I a lot of people always bring that act up, but don't know the cost involved going that route.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 9:57:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Wide body is the only way
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 10:29:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: m6z] [#37]
I've been seriously considering one.  Maybe next year.

Is that hood new for this year?
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 10:44:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By m6z:
I've been seriously considering one.  Maybe next year.

Is that hood new for this year?
View Quote

It’s the 1st gen Hellcat hood.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 11:31:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By BPK2300:
View Quote

I recognize the performance advantage, but I'm not a fan of the looks to be honest. How different is the handling between the two?
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 11:34:23 AM EDT
[#40]
I’ve had both a narrow and widebody Challenger.. 305’s on all 4 are huge
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 11:48:02 AM EDT
[#41]
4.3 to under 4 seconds 0 to 60 is a much larger gap than you think.

Especially with a 2 ton car.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 12:13:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 3:14:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Nice.

I'm probably going to do a factory order on a 2021 in January & sell my 73.

I haven't decided if I want a widebody or a 1320 yet; or what color (they discontinued the best colors in 2019).
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 1:59:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: promiseofwar] [#44]
Save your money for bullets... Any mods on that car is useless - unless you are racing people.  YMMV. Nice looking car!Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 2:21:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By promiseofwar:
Save your money for bullets... Any mods on that car is useless - unless you are racing people.  YMMV. Nice looking car!https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/386317/IMG_6854_JPG-1701131.JPG
View Quote

Smoke show? And someone left a banana on your car.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 2:37:39 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Potassium... it's good for you!
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 2:38:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By BPK2300:
View Quote

The wide body has not grown on me yet. I saw one today in traffic and my first thought was did Rancho make the flares?
I think they do have to have the right wheel and tire combo.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 2:48:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Dirtynails:

The wide body has not grown on me yet. I saw one today in traffic and my first thought was did Rancho make the flares?
View Quote

I did as well, it was like an afterthought to add the flares, but the wider tires and suspension is a difference maker.
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 3:14:23 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

That banana has probably already cut a groove into his splitter & ruined the paint...
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 3:23:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Dirtynails:

View Quote

You can get an aftermarket widebody kit for about $600 + paint/install.

The $6K widebody option gives you a whole bunch of extra shit.

Most importantly it gets rid of the stock 245's & gives you 305's all around.

---

From a pure value per dollar & collect-ability standpoint, I think the 1320 package on the regular body for $3995 is the way to go (you can't get 1320 on a widebody).
(Plus an extra $1 for passenger seat, & $1 for back seat.)
You get 275' drag radials, demon suspension/rear end/shafts/trans brake, & the drag performance pages - stuff that isn't even available on the hellcat or redeye.  

And although there's no production cap, not a lot of people order them that way making it even more rare than the 2018 Demon.
I think this will only help keep the resale value high, especially if they cancel the package a couple of years from now.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top