Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 46
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:15:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperHeavy] [#1]
Got my unreliable battery replaced by a random dodge dealer under warranty.

Embarrassed me and thought I was stranded a few times. Wouldn't start when run for 10-20 miles in 80+F heat and sunny and then started up within 15 minutes of turning off. I swear every time people gaulked over the car this issue came up and watched me jump start it.

Friend's auto shop stress tested the battery and said it tested at 66%. Dodge dealer made me wait 2.5 hours (I think they trickledl charged it) and said it charged to 90%. But said "they'd make it fail" and get me a new one.

No clue what the stock one was, I didn't think to snap a picture before, new one looks the same, but factory battery specs are all over the place ranging from 730, 750, 800cca MOPAR branded batteries. Need to find the made on date code.

New battery's only difference is so far, pulling voltage up on the dash, the voltage in drive used to fluctuate between 13.9->14.3V. New battery it went between 13.9 and 14V after started, once in drive it was flat at 14.0V I even turned everything using electricity on max and no change. I'm sure that original battery was a POS. Just odd the dealership had the correct hellcat battery in stock. I'm assuming it's a truck battery.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:21:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Butternut:
IN for the report - that sounds like a blast.
View Quote

road trip was a success, good times.  I had a good visit and we did a family dinner at Capital Grill.  Rare that the family is together like that.

I made record time on the way home.  Typically this drive takes somewhere between 8 and 9.5 hours depending on what traffic does.  I left at 3am and got home in just under 7 hours.  And I brought al lthe bugs home with me lol.

record time

opened her up a bit when I passed through Mexico

Bugs

Morning Florida dew coated the windshield, looked cool in person
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:08:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By DV8EDD:

road trip was a success, good times.  I had a good visit and we did a family dinner at Capital Grill.  Rare that the family is together like that.

I made record time on the way home.  Typically this drive takes somewhere between 8 and 9.5 hours depending on what traffic does.  I left at 3am and got home in just under 7 hours.  And I brought al lthe bugs home with me lol.

record time
https://i.imgur.com/XtFsrcRl.jpg

opened her up a bit when I passed through Mexico
https://i.imgur.com/kKHYI0fl.jpg

Bugs
https://i.imgur.com/wVcA9Pql.jpg

Morning Florida dew coated the windshield, looked cool in person
https://i.imgur.com/nqtYCAKl.jpg
View Quote
Awesome! Sounds like a blast. It is a great road trip car.

As for the bugs, I always laugh when I see/hear folks write/say, "My windshield doesn't kill as many bugs as it used to. It must be climate change (or whatever cause du jour)."

Of course, a significant factor for that perception is increased angle of windshields serving the aerodynamic efficiency of most new cars, which results in more glancing blows by bugs than splats. I always want to show them a photo of the front clip/bumper on my Challenger after a good drive at speed in spring/summer. As you know (and have illustrated), that big vertical bumper takes out swaths of insects. Thank goodness for PPF and ceramic coat. It makes it a heck of a lot easier when it comes to cleaning off the carnage.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:25:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:57:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By TLWrench:
Awesome! Sounds like a blast. It is a great road trip car.

As for the bugs, I always laugh when I see/hear folks write/say, "My windshield doesn't kill as many bugs as it used to. It must be climate change (or whatever cause du jour)."

Of course, a significant factor for that perception is increased angle of windshields serving the aerodynamic efficiency of most new cars, which results in more glancing blows by bugs than splats. I always want to show them a photo of the front clip/bumper on my Challenger after a good drive at speed in spring/summer. As you know (and have illustrated), that big vertical bumper takes out swaths of insects. Thank goodness for PPF and ceramic coat. It makes it a heck of a lot easier when it comes to cleaning off the carnage.
View Quote

yup, exactly.  this has PPF and ceramic on there, still takes a little elbow grease to get it all off though!

And yeah, this thing is a highway bomber.  It really shines in these long highway drives, underrated grand tourer.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 9:14:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: shocktrp] [#6]
Banks are refusing to finance 100% of MSRP because Stellantis products are overpriced & they don't want to be upside down when it's time to repo them.

Also, banks are sticking borrowers with higher interest rates for EV's because they're shit...

THINGS JUST KEEP GETTING WORSE FOR DODGE! BIG FINANCING ISSUES KILLING SALES!
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:45:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 8:35:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I pray often, and lemme tell ya God was looking out for us. I'd about given up on the SRT, and finally found one someone wanted to actually talk about deal-wise, and we bought it on the last day of December 2023. Kinda weird being about the only one in a dealer on new years eve, but we were so lucky and blessed, and the stars aligned for that one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shocktrp:
Banks are refusing to finance 100% of MSRP because Stellantis products are overpriced & they don't want to be upside down when it's time to repo them.

Also, banks are sticking borrowers with higher interest rates for EV's because they're shit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrzr_IWlfh8
I pray often, and lemme tell ya God was looking out for us. I'd about given up on the SRT, and finally found one someone wanted to actually talk about deal-wise, and we bought it on the last day of December 2023. Kinda weird being about the only one in a dealer on new years eve, but we were so lucky and blessed, and the stars aligned for that one.

That's awesome. If gas goes really high this summer, and they still aren't moving, then I hope for a deal which would actually pry my wallet open on a Challenger. We'll see though. I may hold for a real fallout.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:48:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By killingmachine123:
That's awesome. If gas goes really high this summer, and they still aren't moving, then I hope for a deal which would actually pry my wallet open on a Challenger. We'll see though. I may hold for a real fallout.
View Quote

They're already dropping to the low 40's for 6.4L models.

https://www.martycanciladodgechryslerjeep.com/inventory/new-2023-dodge-challenger-rt-scat-pack-rwd-coupe-2c3cdzfj2ph662615/?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 11:23:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By madmacs69:

They're already dropping to the low 40's for 6.4L models.

https://www.martycanciladodgechryslerjeep.com/inventory/new-2023-dodge-challenger-rt-scat-pack-rwd-coupe-2c3cdzfj2ph662615/?
View Quote

Dayum that's some price drops!
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:12:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the link. Now we're starting to get somewhere. If high gas prices happen, this could be a thing for me.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 2:01:58 PM EDT
[#12]
The 5.7L cars are getting to sensible prices too. $33k for an RT?

https://www.southcountyautos.com/new-St+Louis-2023-Dodge-CHALLENGER-RT-2C3CDZBT3PH668866
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:20:44 PM EDT
[#13]
not bad if the p[rice is real.  If rates were better I'd think about giving my SPWB up for a HC.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By madmacs69:
The 5.7L cars are getting to sensible prices too. $33k for an RT?

https://www.southcountyautos.com/new-St+Louis-2023-Dodge-CHALLENGER-RT-2C3CDZBT3PH668866
View Quote

"Prices vary from website to dealer and are non-binding."

Most likely a scam to get you in the door.
Probably has a bunch of discounts in there that you don't qualify for - like military, first responder, automobility, etc.

Or they'll say the discount is real, but they added in $12K in extras like wheel locks, and window etching - so you're back to MSRP.

Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:46:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Most likely a scam to get you in the door.
Probably has a bunch of discounts in there that you don't qualify for - like military, first responder, automobility, etc.

Or they'll say the discount is real, but they added in $12K in extras like wheel locks, and window etching - so you're back to MSRP.

View Quote

South County is a pretty straight up dealer.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:48:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Saw this on FB.
Apparently U-connect will warranty their delaminating radio screens through the dealer.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 6:10:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Hmm.  Id read about the delaminating issue on 2018 wranglers, they fixed it after that and they are having this issue again?
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 7:19:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stitches1974] [#18]

View Quote

I found that out the hard way, once. After that, I get something signed by the dealer and emailed to me, before making any trip.

This one was a 3 hour trip away. I wasn't going to play any type of fuck fuck games with them.

They still got the prices wrong, in a good way. They over estimated the taxes by a thousand and change, as I had a trade in.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:22:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Saw this on FB.
Apparently U-connect will warranty their delaminating radio screens through the dealer.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48896/u-connect_warranty_jpg-3203977.JPG
View Quote

@shocktrp might want to create a new post with this info, and maybe one in GD?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Are dealers actually letting these go for the online advertised prices?

I’m seeing thousands of 2023 Challenger Scat Packs around the country for mid $30,000’s on the cars.com app.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:52:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By 1BMF:

I’m seeing thousands of 2023 Challenger Scat Packs around the country for mid $30,000’s on the cars.com app.
View Quote

Probably not.
It seems that most of them just add in different markups to bring it back to MSRP.

The ones offering $2-3K below MSRP are probably legit.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:58:34 PM EDT
[#22]

Probably not.
It seems that most of them just add in different markups to bring it back to MSRP.

View All Quotes

Probably not.

Gotcha, thanks. Ill give them another six months until dealers are really hurting.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Gotcha, thanks. Ill give them another six months until dealers are really hurting.
View Quote

There might only be Hornets and their new garbage EV left by then.

It doesn't hurt to call and ask if you're interested in anything online - the worst they can do is say no.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 6:25:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1BMF] [#24]

It doesn't hurt to call and ask if you're interested in anything online - the worst they can do is say no.
View All Quotes

Yeah maybe. Looking around at Charger and Challenger R/T and Scat Pack trims there are like 30,000 2023 year models available right now.

My local dealer still wants msrp for 2023’s but I can fly out and drive one home.

Hell there are even “new” 2023 sxt’s not moving at $20,000.

I may send some lowball emails, I was harassing my local dealer with my “no haggle offers” lol

ETA: I’m also waiting for power wagons to drop. I’m only seeing $5-$10k off msrp. Not enough. Also going to wait and see what the RHO and TRX market does.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Well if anyone is interested I spoke to the dealer about the Challenger Scat Packs.

Updated price for leftover 2023 Scat Pack, base interior is $29,995. No dealer mark ups, just tax and $995 dealer fees.

Was going to but a red one and a black one as they have both for the same price. Got an insurance quote and it was $500ish a month to insure them. I’m currently paying $300 a month for five vehicles, which includes a 24 Palisade, 21 Rubicon, and a couple Mach 1’s.

I don’t think I want to give the insurance companies that much per month
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:50:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:45:44 AM EDT
[#27]

Yeah maybe. Looking around at Charger and Challenger R/T and Scat Pack trims there are like 30,000 2023 year models available right now.

My local dealer still wants msrp for 2023’s but I can fly out and drive one home.

Hell there are even “new” 2023 sxt’s not moving at $20,000.

I may send some lowball emails, I was harassing my local dealer with my “no haggle offers” lol

ETA: I’m also waiting for power wagons to drop. I’m only seeing $5-$10k off msrp. Not enough. Also going to wait and see what the RHO and TRX market does.
View Quote

https://www.challengertalk.com/threads/remaining-new-challenger-inventory.709493/page-6?post_id=9022114#post-9022114

This guy tracks remaining inventory nationwide - I think he updates it weekly.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:49:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Well if anyone is interested I spoke to the dealer about the Challenger Scat Packs.

Updated price for leftover 2023 Scat Pack, base interior is $29,995. No dealer mark ups, just tax and $995 dealer fees.

Was going to but a red one and a black one as they have both for the same price. Got an insurance quote and it was $500ish a month to insure them. I’m currently paying $300 a month for five vehicles, which includes a 24 Palisade, 21 Rubicon, and a couple Mach 1’s.

View Quote

Since this is a second car, get a Hagerty agreed value collector car policy.
They'll match the coverage of your main policy, and to insure it for $40-50K should cost you $1000-1400/year.
(Mine is insured for $50K agreed value - I recently tried to bump it up to $60K but they wouldn't do it.)
Just don't use it as a daily driver or an Uber or anything...
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:59:38 PM EDT
[#29]

They'll match the coverage of your main policy, and to insure it for $40-50K should cost you $1000-1400/year.
(Mine is insured for $50K agreed value - I recently tried to bump it up to $60K but they wouldn't do it.)
View All Quotes

Yeah I was not happy with my current providers quote at all. Basically $250 a month per scat pack. I’ve spent most of today on the phone getting quotes with the vin numbers and found one I thought was acceptable.

I went by my local dodge dealer who also has a bunch of 2023 Chargers and Challengers because I’ve never actually driven a challenger. All have been sitting on the lot so long they didn’t start, finally on the third one they grabbed a jump box and a mechanic just to get it fired up.

Local dealer was offering a whopping $1000 off msrp after a year of them sitting on the lot. They were basically like get the fuck out of here when I wanted to talk prices, which was funny because I was the only customer at the lot.

Called back the dealer and went over prices, they basically said they need to get rid of them before manufacturer incentives end because nothing is selling. $29,995 plus tax and dealer fees. They even said they know it’s a big discount but they’ve got a ton of them they need gone. But they won’t hold them or take deposits, in person only.

So I booked an airline ticket, we will see.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:42:33 PM EDT
[#30]

Yeah I was not happy with my current providers quote at all. Basically $250 a month per scat pack. I’ve spent most of today on the phone getting quotes with the vin numbers and found one I thought was acceptable.

I went by my local dodge dealer who also has a bunch of 2023 Chargers and Challengers because I’ve never actually driven a challenger. All have been sitting on the lot so long they didn’t start, finally on the third one they grabbed a jump box and a mechanic just to get it fired up.

Local dealer was offering a whopping $1000 off msrp after a year of them sitting on the lot. They were basically like get the fuck out of here when I wanted to talk prices, which was funny because I was the only customer at the lot.

Called back the dealer and went over prices, they basically said they need to get rid of them before manufacturer incentives end because nothing is selling. $29,995 plus tax and dealer fees. They even said they know it’s a big discount but they’ve got a ton of them they need gone. But they won’t hold them or take deposits, in person only.

View Quote

Get your financing in order, banks (except Chrysler Capitol) are only financing 60% of MSRP because they are so overpriced.
Also, it sounds like they are just going to fuck you when they get you in person and you paid for a plane ticket.
There is no reason why they can't do the entire sale over the internet or on the phone.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:10:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Rock cracked my windshield pretty good today. So that sucks
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:50:31 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

If you are able to get this done let me know. I'll be on the way.  If you bought a ticket and it wasn't a fly and drive kinda deal that wasn't very smart.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:17:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Chromekilla:

If you are able to get this done let me know. I'll be on the way.  If you bought a ticket and it wasn't a fly and drive kinda deal that wasn't very smart.
View Quote

I’ll post here if it works out or not. Spoke with a couple different people at the dealer today checking to see the price and if in stock. One sold but there’s several left. Widebodys, R/Ts, ScatPacks, so we will see.

I travel for free so nothing out of pocket if it doesn’t work out, just my time. I figured it was worth the trip.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:20:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Yikes, I'm leaving mine in the garage in case these things happen in threes.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:46:35 AM EDT
[#36]
As a quick update, it was pretty close. New 2023 Scat Pack (base interior) for about $35k plus tax tag and title. $42k out the door.

I didn’t have a trade or LE/MIL/medical doctor/ or a current Dodge lease. Need all those to qualify lol.

Msrp was $51,xxx. I looked at identical ones yesterday and they’d only come down $1k off msrp and they all sat so long they wouldn’t start.

I actually walked over $1k for locking lug nuts and window tint and went back to the airport. Hour later they relented.  On my way back to the dealer now.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#37]

Probably not.

View All Quotes

Probably not.

They had some pretty deep factory discounts which everyone qualifies for.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:39:52 PM EDT
[#38]
As a quick update, it was pretty close. New 2023 Scat Pack (base interior) for about $35k plus tax tag and title. $42k out the door.

I didn’t have a trade or LE/MIL/medical doctor/ or a current Dodge lease. Need all those to qualify lol.

Msrp was $51,xxx. I looked at identical ones yesterday and they’d only come down $1k off msrp and they all sat so long they wouldn’t start.

I actually walked over $1k for locking lug nuts and window tint and went back to the airport. Hour later they relented.  On my way back to the dealer now.
View Quote

This is Widebody or no?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:42:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By tcmass:

This is Widebody or no?
View Quote

Not a widebody
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:43:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By tcmass:

This is Widebody or no?
View Quote

Hmmm that strikes me as not that smokin of a deal anymore.  Not enough for me to fly across country and drive one back anyway.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:16:27 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

That's another industry-wide scam - they list every possible program discount and add them together, knowing full well that most people qualify for none or 1 at most.

$35K on a $51K MSRP is a great deal.
They probably screwed you on interest rates, but that doesn't matter if you pay it off right away.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:27:51 PM EDT
[#42]

That's another industry-wide scam - they list every possible program discount and add them together, knowing full well that most people qualify for none or 1 at most.

$35K on a $51K MSRP is a great deal.
They probably screwed you on interest rates, but that doesn't matter if you pay it off right away.
View Quote

Oh yeah I was aware and expected it, but $16k under msrp… I was happy with that.

Cost me a $20 Uber ride to the dealer otherwise airfare was free. Not crazy fire sale prices but I’m very happy. Yes interest is high but it’s getting paid off in a month or two, I only did it for the discount.
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:48:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Just found this thread - shows how the dealers lie to get you in the door, then you end up paying more in the long run...

https://www.challengertalk.com/threads/what-some-dealers-do-to-get-you-in-the-door.710847/

What Some Dealers Do To Get You In The Door!!!!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: Yesterday 1:33:58 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

dang, this is kind wild.  Sounds like a good deal.  Well done, enjoy the ride home!
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:35:49 PM EDT
[#45]

dang, this is kind wild.  Sounds like a good deal.  Well done, enjoy the ride home!
View Quote

Just got her home 1,000 miles. The most shocking thing was averaging 29mpg on the highway. I stayed in the right lane doing 55-65 for the break in.
Link Posted: Yesterday 11:36:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TLWrench] [#46]

Just got her home 1,000 miles. The most shocking thing was averaging 29mpg on the highway. I stayed in the right lane doing 55-65 for the break in.
View All Quotes

Congrats! Those break-in miles are always the toughest and draw some strange looks from others when you are on the highway.

Now, you might as well change the oil and get whatever metallic pieces, filings, etc., that shook out during the drive out of that beast of an engine.

I, like many others, have taken to buying a couple of cases (6 qts to a case) of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum ("PUP") Full Synthetic 0W-40 (link ) and MOPAR SRT Oil Filters ("MO-041") (link ) from Amazon and stocking up while prices are favorable.

$18-$19 is not a great price for that oil filter, but the oil filter that the 6.4L (392 cu. in.) leaves the factory with is the MOPAR 4884899AC ("MO-899") and it is currently available for a ~$12 (link ). The standard MO-899 filter is not as capable or as well built as the SRT (MO-041) oil filter, but it is typically significantly less in cost and the chance I will ever push my car to the point that the added benefits of the SRT Oil Filter come into play are close to nil. I just like the peace of mind of having the better oil filter on the engine.

Typically, I will bring 7 quarts of the PUP and a my own filter to the dealership and spend the $30 labor for their service department to perform the oil change. It saves me at least $45, and the requisite oil change (every 6 months or 3,000 miles, whichever comes first) is recorded by the dealer on the Stellantis database.

Again, congrats on the car. I hope you enjoy driving yours as much as I have enjoyed driving mine over these past three years.
Page / 46
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top