Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2021 9:16:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ChickenDaddy]
I have been searching the interwebz for an all button closure fly, but no luck.  

I am getting desperate enough to start shopping the evil Levi's.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 9:36:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GreenM4Guy] [#1]
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 9:47:32 AM EDT
[#2]
https://www.gusset.com/ all made in the USA and good quality

I don't see any right now on their site but that is all I wear and they are great, watch for sales and you can save 30-50%
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 9:54:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: snakesausage] [#3]
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 9:58:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OverScoped] [#4]
Gap
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 10:45:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I purchased a pair of TST Jeans from Varusteleka earlier this year, and have to say they're pretty comfy. @ $100 a pair though you decide whether or not its worth it. They have some nice features like a crotch that doesn't crush your balls, extra pockets, a higher waist and yes, an all button closure.

https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/sarma-tst-tactical-jeans/58865
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 11:59:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GreenM4Guy:
But why? Zippers are King
View Quote

I have frequently found my zipper is down and my fly is open.

Never had that with button-fly jeans.

Unfortunately, the best button-fly jeans are Levis, which means they are expensive as hell and I’m funding gun-control efforts.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 4:02:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a pair of Hurley (clearance rack find) button fly jeans back in the late 90's/early 2000's and they lasted forever and were super comfortable, they put button button closure on the map for me.

Now that I've worn out most of my jeans, I figured I'd get ones I really like as replacements.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 4:37:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By waawaaweenie:
https://www.gusset.com/ all made in the USA and good quality

I don't see any right now on their site but that is all I wear and they are great, watch for sales and you can save 30-50%
View Quote

You have button fly from Gusset?  Anything I looked at was zipper fly.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 5:54:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Lucky_Se7en:
I purchased a pair of TST Jeans from Varusteleka earlier this year, and have to say they're pretty comfy. @ $100 a pair though you decide whether or not its worth it. They have some nice features like a crotch that doesn't crush your balls, extra pockets, a higher waist and yes, an all button closure.

https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/sarma-tst-tactical-jeans/58865
View Quote

I ordered a pair of these, I hope I don't regret it.  ARF rarely steers me wrong!

Also will be trying out some Levis 501's through Prime wardrobe, if I like them I will buy some lightly used ones off Egay.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By OverScoped:
Gap
View Quote

My BIL told me GAP+Gay Ass People, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Just looked, Anything I liked on their site was Zip Fly.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 6:08:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ChickenDaddy:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Gap

buy girls sizes.

Link Posted: 7/11/2021 6:17:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm a Diesel Jeans whorebag.....and all of it is button still.

Link Posted: 7/11/2021 6:26:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Gustin jeans.  May be a bit hipster-ish, but they are good quality, and spendy.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 8:12:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 7:12:33 PM EDT
[#15]
buy girls sizes.

https://www.gap.com/webcontent/0017/923/142/cn17923142.jpg
View Quote

Damn, I cannot get  past the 80’s hi-rise waist are back in fashion.  At least most of them are super tight, a big improvement.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 8:38:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Checked out Diesel and Gistin and may go that route for a pair.

The Levis 501’s look and feel baggy, i think these are the prewash ones, not shrink to fit?  I mean they were stiff like cardstock out of the bag.  Amazon doesn’t let you prewash or remove tags so ill wear them around a couple hours and see.

Varastulekas are still en route to USA.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 1:12:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Javak:
View Quote

I have several pairs of gustins.  They are tier 1 all the way.  Real selvage, multiple weights, real button fly.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 1:07:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TigerForce] [#18]
Originally Posted By Javak:
View Quote

Based on this post, I recently procured a pair of these jeans, and am very pleased. Button fly, and very well done construction. I have two more pairs on order. Some of their offerings, eg, Japanese selvedge denim, are more spendy than others

Their business model is crowd funding- they wait until they have enough orders, and then make up a batch. They only make them in 1 length, though- 36 inch inseams. So if they are too long, roll them up like a hipster, or get them altered.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 1:17:34 AM EDT
[#19]
I have been wearing Levis 501 since I was in high school, think 1990 ish.  I usually buy 4 or 5 pair at a time when on sale.
Some years ago I started seeing Levis as an anti second amendment woke shit brand.      I haven’t purchased any since then.

I just blew out the knee on my very last pair of Levis and will no longer support those who don’t support me.  

So thank you for the recommendations.

FJB
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 4:41:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/17/2022 11:56:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Most of the Polo Ralph Lauren jeans are button fly
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 1:19:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Just received my second pair of Gustin selvedge denim jeans, made with a different denim from the same US mill, Cone Mills. Just as nice as the first pair. Very pleased. I have two more pair on order, one of them a heavy weight Japanese selvedge denim.

Got the first pair hemmed up a couple of weeks ago, after wearing them around the house for a week or two, then soaking them in water for an hour or so, to remove the starch. The soak didn’t remove much dye at all.

Some hipsters like to wear them around for several months with the starch left in the fabric before the first wash, to get some dramatic fades in creases with the first wash. But I suspect that the starch makes the fabric more brittle, so they might wear out a little faster. It’s up to the owner, though- your jeans, and your money.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 5:51:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, it's been a year and a half so i have some updates:

I lost 20 pounds so am down to a size 36 depending on brand and style!

I am not as enamored with button fly jeans as I thought.  The Levi's 501 blues are in the top of jeans I hate for looks and comfort.  But they do seem rugged.  They are relegated to work-at-home jeans.

The Verustalkas looked and felt better than the Levi's, but the pockets were just too big.  My carry piece would flop around in both front pockets even in a pocket nemesis holster (Kel Tec P32).  Sold them on the EE.

I bought some high end Macy's brand jeans used ($15/pair) at a garage sale and they have been good, but I wore holes in some of them by the fifth wearing--they must have been more worn than I detected.  The silvers are still good and comfy and zip fly.

I'm back to some Levis Zip style my only local store (Target) had.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 6:01:01 PM EDT
[#24]

You have button fly from Gusset?  Anything I looked at was zipper fly.
View Quote

I have a bunch of them but they only make them on occasion, I have not figured them out when they make what they make. I check them every month or so and if they have them I buy 3 or 4 pairs and they last me years.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 8:36:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Lots of them do.  Mostly selvedge denim though so more expensive, except you can still buy Levis 501 shrink to fits for cheaper.  No latex for me, so I have to look for 100% cotton which is usually selvedge denim and button flies.

My current favorite is BraveStar when I can get them for a decent price.  

I liked Gustin years ago but their prices went up and their quality has now gone completely to crap.  My last order came with a schizo pair of jeans: with one leg was normal straight leg like I ordered and the other leg of the same jeans was skeleton skinny with an opening a size 12 foot could barely fit through, and on top of that they refused to offer me a refund until I went scorched earth on them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top